Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,719 members, 7,831,294 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

60 Lawyers Ask Court To Jail DSS DG For Disobeying Order On Emefiele’s Release - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 60 Lawyers Ask Court To Jail DSS DG For Disobeying Order On Emefiele’s Release (13851 Views)

‘Nigeria’s Financial System Was Rotten’ — Tinubu Speaks On Emefiele’s Arrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 60 Lawyers Ask Court To Jail DSS DG For Disobeying Order On Emefiele’s Release by Web2020: 12:52pm On Jul 19, 2023
Blaze14k:

Wait oo ain't u ashamed that after list allegations on emefiele he was only charged with possession of fire arm? Why do we like making mockery of ourselves. Honestly u are clearly laughing at ur stupidity. Soon this same emefiele will take another position and u will watch still nigerias money again. Una never get sense for dis country. They use tribalism to blind and u r nodding ur head like a goat
The firearm that was even planted in house by evil DSS. It is obvious that Tinubu will not even succeed even though he wins in the court. He started very badly. Initial gragra takes you to no where

2 Likes

Re: 60 Lawyers Ask Court To Jail DSS DG For Disobeying Order On Emefiele’s Release by Savechild23: 12:53pm On Jul 19, 2023
accordadoga26:
And the names of the lawyers are:

Paulinus okereke esq.
Barrister Nwafor Jude
Barr. Chukwudi onyekachi
Barr. Chinyere joy nduka
John Okoro esq.

Others are:

Mark Ugochukwu Peter esq.
Barr.Chidibere John
Attorney Chukwubunna Onyekachi
Barr. Ikechukwu nkem
Barr.Okoye Chinelo
Anthony Okereke Simon esq.

At least they are Nigerians
Ask tilumbu the name of his lawyer and Efisi lawyer too
Re: 60 Lawyers Ask Court To Jail DSS DG For Disobeying Order On Emefiele’s Release by Jsucre(m): 12:54pm On Jul 19, 2023
b0rn2fuck:
Na lawless country we dey.. Modified, Tinubu don render me jobless, no fuel to power my business for now , no lights for Ogun state, to return to Lagos no easy oo, and na to just dey hit front page na him remain.
change your cabrator, make use of gas. No excuse
Re: 60 Lawyers Ask Court To Jail DSS DG For Disobeying Order On Emefiele’s Release by Uteghe(m): 12:56pm On Jul 19, 2023
accordadoga26:

Paulinus okereke esq.
Barrister Nwafor Jude
Barr. Chukwudi onyekachi
Barr. Chinyere joy nduka
John Okoro esq.

Others are:

Barr.Chidibere John
Barr. Ikechukwu nkem
Barr.Okoye Chinelo

The lawyers are just making the allegation of ipob funding levelled against Emefiele to stick.
Re: 60 Lawyers Ask Court To Jail DSS DG For Disobeying Order On Emefiele’s Release by Zion243(m): 12:57pm On Jul 19, 2023
Same emefiele that also disregarded an high court verdict on the naira redesign policy.

The lawyers are mad!

Emefiele will spend months in that dungeon and his passport would be seized for like 2 years.

Stupid lawyers.
Re: 60 Lawyers Ask Court To Jail DSS DG For Disobeying Order On Emefiele’s Release by Babathanks(m): 12:58pm On Jul 19, 2023
LEGALSER:

No mind them, they don’t know that it might be their turn tomorrow.

When you laugh at the sight of injustice, injustice shall one day be your portion.

Some persons have cultivated the habit of shying away from the truth even when it’s glaring all in the name of playing tribalism and religion while the country keeps deteriorating. I can’t phantom why a competent court of jurisdiction would instruct that a man be released yet he is still in detention and Some fools all over nairaland see nothing wrong with such and when same gets to them they will start crying foul tomorrow.

When you see the truth say it.

When you see injustice speak against it.

#My2cents#
Illegally detaining emefiele?
I can’t count millions I lost because of is naira policy, my neighbour lost her daughter Because of this policy cos they can’t make a transfer to a hospital that is suppose to treat her and she died cos of it. This Nigeria will never develop because of the mentality that people like you have, everything is not about Igbo, Yoruba and hausa. In a sane country. Emefiele is supposed to be rotten in jail now
Re: 60 Lawyers Ask Court To Jail DSS DG For Disobeying Order On Emefiele’s Release by Web2020: 1:01pm On Jul 19, 2023
Babathanks:

May God unleash the same punishment that many Nigerians pass through during naira scarcity. Nobody is releasing anybody ooo. Emefiele must in there, besides he disobeyed court order when the apex court told him to allow the old note
the problems of Nigeria is 20% bad leaders and 80% bad followers. I do not hold brief for a Emifele. But, rule of law should be the rule of law, otherwise, no one is ready for a better Nigeria. No court elsewhere in the world will set someone free and the security agency will disobey the ruling without appeal. What makes other country everyone wish to relocate to different is simply the rule of law. You can not plant mango and expect to reap pea
Re: 60 Lawyers Ask Court To Jail DSS DG For Disobeying Order On Emefiele’s Release by Jostoman: 1:05pm On Jul 19, 2023
Seefinish:
Good move.
I don't know why Bala blue didn't sack him when he sacked the service chief.
he wants to deal personally with those that are loyal to buhari.
Re: 60 Lawyers Ask Court To Jail DSS DG For Disobeying Order On Emefiele’s Release by HRMK: 1:07pm On Jul 19, 2023
wasted efforts!how many nigerians has the cashless policy of emefiele killed?do you know how much he claimed it costs him to print the inadequate #newnotes?a man that has been there for nine years and contested the apc presidential while still on seat!obviously this is a scheme masterminded by the igbos/biafra/ipob!these people would always play the victim!same ipob lawyer represents him!remember the 19yr igbo girl that falsified her jamb result.and one igbo lawyer was threatening court action?where is the lawyer now?in oblivion!YEYE NATION!!
Re: 60 Lawyers Ask Court To Jail DSS DG For Disobeying Order On Emefiele’s Release by Jostoman: 1:07pm On Jul 19, 2023
I really pity this country whenever i see the way our executive always ridicule the judiciary.

No respect for court order again. Nawao
Re: 60 Lawyers Ask Court To Jail DSS DG For Disobeying Order On Emefiele’s Release by Blackey(m): 1:09pm On Jul 19, 2023
Then who's going to enforce the arrest order?
Re: 60 Lawyers Ask Court To Jail DSS DG For Disobeying Order On Emefiele’s Release by Web2020: 1:11pm On Jul 19, 2023
Babathanks:

I can’t count millions I lost because of is naira policy, my neighbour lost her daughter Because of this policy cos they can’t make a transfer to a hospital that is suppose to treat her and she died cos of it. This Nigeria will never develop because of the mentality that people like you have, everything is not about Igbo, Yoruba and hausa. In a sane country. Emefiele is supposed to be rotten in jail now
I understand with you. But, the issue of life is not handled by emotions. What does the DSS take him to court for? Do they even mention the failed policies? What the sane Nigerians are saying is that, the President does not have the power to detain people arbitrarily. Otherwise, it is not longer a democracy. It also means, the president can detain anyone he does not like, any one that criticizes him will be jailed. There are three arms of government. The executive have his responsibilities as well as the judiciary. It is unlawful for the executive to keep interfering in judicial matters. The only lawful thing to do, is for Nigerians to protest against the release of Emefile, not the president.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 60 Lawyers Ask Court To Jail DSS DG For Disobeying Order On Emefiele’s Release by charsoso: 1:12pm On Jul 19, 2023
Let's not forget there was a certain time Emefiele too disobeyed supreme Court order. What goes around comes around.
Re: 60 Lawyers Ask Court To Jail DSS DG For Disobeying Order On Emefiele’s Release by joe1309: 1:15pm On Jul 19, 2023
Islie:
•It’s shameful security agency failed to arrest Asari Dokubo yet charges suspended CBN governor, says group

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2023/07/18/60-lawyers-ask-court-to-jail-dss-dg-for-0disobeying-order-on-emefieles-release
he should rot there, this is a man that failed to obey the apex court of the land. He has not seen anything yet.
Re: 60 Lawyers Ask Court To Jail DSS DG For Disobeying Order On Emefiele’s Release by themanderon: 1:16pm On Jul 19, 2023
I wonder what version of democracy we are running when the courts would give an order and some individuals would choose to obey the order or not.
Nigeria is nothing but a banana republic. I expect that all lawyers would come onboard to fight against the blatant disregard for the judiciary by each successive governments but they always feel since a matter doesn't concern them then they don't care. They only speak up when they are directly involved.
Buhari disobeyed several court orders to release several people now Tinubu feels he can do same.
The people have the right to practice civil disobedience in a country where the government itself doesn't obey the law.
The government is not and can not be greater than the people unless the people are as docile as most Nigerians are.
Re: 60 Lawyers Ask Court To Jail DSS DG For Disobeying Order On Emefiele’s Release by Jostoman: 1:18pm On Jul 19, 2023
Web2020:
I understand with you. But, the issue of life is not handled by emotions. What does the DSS take him to court for? Do they even mention the failed policies? What the sane Nigerians are saying is that, the President does not have the power to detain people arbitrarily. Otherwise, it is not longer a democracy. It also means, the president can detain anyone he does not like, any one that criticizes him will be jailed. There are three arms of government. The executive have his responsibilities as well as the judiciary. It is unlawful for the executive to keep interfering in judicial matters. The only lawful thing to do, is for Nigerians to protest against the release of Emefile, not the president.
God bless you, the executive dont have any respect for Judiciary at all. We know that they already turn legislature to Rubber Stamp.
Re: 60 Lawyers Ask Court To Jail DSS DG For Disobeying Order On Emefiele’s Release by LEGALSER: 1:18pm On Jul 19, 2023
Babathanks:

Young man Emefiele committed an act and it is the duty of the court to convict him and or set him free likewise a person is deemed innocent until proven otherwise. We all suffered the evils of the sudden policy enacted by the former Buhari administration which was spare headed by Emefiele as CBN Governor no doubt but when a court instructs that a man be released it should be obeyed and not disobeyed then he can be rearraigned. Emefiele was not acquitted, the court only gave an instruction. You that has the right mentality keep supporting injustice. You mentioned your neighbors daughter why didn’t you mention the network providers as well as the cause of the girls death? Emefiele did something wrong but everything should be done following due process. If we continue this way the judiciary will be rendered useless and a time will come when a man is convicted and sentenced to death you’ll see him walking free the next day.

Please let’s follow due process in a bid to make the country better. An eye for an eye doesn’t solve anything.
Re: 60 Lawyers Ask Court To Jail DSS DG For Disobeying Order On Emefiele’s Release by Web2020: 1:18pm On Jul 19, 2023
charsoso:
Let's not forget there was a certain time Emefiele too disobeyed supreme Court order. What goes around comes around.
Then, it goes on and on. Everything depends on the executives. If Buhari did not back him to disobey, he wouldn't have done it
Re: 60 Lawyers Ask Court To Jail DSS DG For Disobeying Order On Emefiele’s Release by Chrixtopha(m): 1:19pm On Jul 19, 2023
This is just the beginning....A bird watching how a guinea fowl is being butchered is watching itself...Nnamdi KANU, El zakki was discharged and set free by the court and yet DSS kept them and you think it won't reach to you

1 Like

Re: 60 Lawyers Ask Court To Jail DSS DG For Disobeying Order On Emefiele’s Release by bhella10: 1:40pm On Jul 19, 2023
accordadoga26:

Paulinus okereke esq.
Barrister Nwafor Jude
Barr. Chukwudi onyekachi
Barr. Chinyere joy nduka
John Okoro esq.

Others are:

Barr.Chidibere John
Barr. Ikechukwu nkem
Barr.Okoye Chinelo
Na Mmesoma people grin
Re: 60 Lawyers Ask Court To Jail DSS DG For Disobeying Order On Emefiele’s Release by GreatrAnalyst: 1:45pm On Jul 19, 2023
You think it is DSS DG?

DSS DG answers to someone in Ask Rock you forgot.
Where is the difference between Bubu and Mr. BAT with the rules of law.

Emefiele is never a saint, but why not subject him to be tried by law accordingly.
Okay, again, where is the law too? Is judiciary as well clean?
Re: 60 Lawyers Ask Court To Jail DSS DG For Disobeying Order On Emefiele’s Release by EconFinance: 1:58pm On Jul 19, 2023
accordadoga26:

Paulinus okereke esq.
Barrister Nwafor Jude
Barr. Chukwudi onyekachi
Barr. Chinyere joy nduka
John Okoro esq.

Others are:

Barr.Chidibere John
Barr. Ikechukwu nkem
Barr.Okoye Chinelo

What does that have to do with anything?

Give yourself brain naww
Re: 60 Lawyers Ask Court To Jail DSS DG For Disobeying Order On Emefiele’s Release by orisa37: 2:00pm On Jul 19, 2023
GIVE US THE NAMES AND TRIBES OF THE 60 LAWYERS, SO WE CAN FOLLOW UP THEIR DEFENCES.
Re: 60 Lawyers Ask Court To Jail DSS DG For Disobeying Order On Emefiele’s Release by Deefirm: 2:01pm On Jul 19, 2023
In as much as I don't fancy Emifele, I don't think Bichi will win last last in this matter.

FreeStuffsNG:
Awon ti IPOB. Smh.
DSS will not do media play with them wink 60 ko, 600 ni.

Nobody will release that man soon with those allegations of sponsoring IPOB against the state with CBN resources.That is a serious case.
DSS and other intelligence agencies officers must have died in the process and it will take more than media play to get them to back off Emefiele until investigation clears him as innocent
Re: 60 Lawyers Ask Court To Jail DSS DG For Disobeying Order On Emefiele’s Release by SaLongs1(m): 2:05pm On Jul 19, 2023
The DSS is quite right on the issue of detaining Emefiele, if anything they should help me break his evil bald head first before throwing him into the Atlantic Ocean with his hands tied behind him. As for those lawyers they should better channel their energy into worthier causes.
Re: 60 Lawyers Ask Court To Jail DSS DG For Disobeying Order On Emefiele’s Release by gidgiddy: 2:07pm On Jul 19, 2023
The manner Emefiele was arrested and flown to Abuja on a private jet, I was expecting some weighty charges against him from DSS

And all they could come up with was that he had an unlicensed pump action gun?

Nawaooo
Re: 60 Lawyers Ask Court To Jail DSS DG For Disobeying Order On Emefiele’s Release by SaLongs1(m): 2:09pm On Jul 19, 2023
Deefirm:
In as much as I don't fancy Emifele, I don't think Bichi will win last last in this matter.

Ehhen... but let them wound him first for suffering us, let him weep and gnash his teeth in detention for awhile.
Re: 60 Lawyers Ask Court To Jail DSS DG For Disobeying Order On Emefiele’s Release by SaLongs1(m): 2:12pm On Jul 19, 2023
Chrixtopha:
This is just the beginning....A bird watching how a guinea fowl is being butchered is watching itself...Nnamdi KANU, El zakki was discharged and set free by the court and yet DSS kept them and you think it won't reach to you
Unlike the others you have mentioned it Emefiele l most want to be punished because he caused the whole country unnecessary suffering for nothing.
Re: 60 Lawyers Ask Court To Jail DSS DG For Disobeying Order On Emefiele’s Release by uche393: 2:38pm On Jul 19, 2023
accordadoga26:

Paulinus okereke esq. Barrister Nwafor Jude Barr. Chukwudi onyekachi Barr. Chinyere joy nduka John Okoro esq.
Others are:
Mark Ugochukwu Peter esq. Barr.Chidibere John Attorney Chukwubunna Onyekachi Barr. Ikechukwu nkem Barr.Okoye Chinelo Anthony Okereke Simon esq.
where were the names written in the article?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court Quashes Charges Against Sylva / President Buhari Postpones Dinner With Lawmakers For Fear Of Boycott- Punch News / 2023: I Will Tackle Insecurity As President - Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.