Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,808 members, 7,813,657 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:44 PM

2023: I Will Tackle Insecurity As President - Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: I Will Tackle Insecurity As President - Amaechi (13829 Views)

How I Will Tackle Inflation, Naira, Forex Crises, By Cardoso / Don’t Report Insecurity As Rising, Buhari Begs Journalists / Femi Adesina: Buhari Will Tackle All Our Challenges Before Leaving Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: I Will Tackle Insecurity As President - Amaechi by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:39pm On Apr 13, 2022
Minister of transportation, Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi said if elected the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential flag bearer and president of Nigeria in the general election, he would bring his wealth of experience to bear in securing the country, and advancing the economy.

Amaechi stated this when he paid a courtesy visit to the Katsina State governor Aminu Bello Masari at the Katsina State Government House.

The minister, who is one of the presidential aspirants in the ruling APC said having been in public office for over two decades, he possessed the requisite knowledge and technical know-how to tackle insecurity and provide better governance for Nigerians.

Amaechi, while also recounting his achievements as Rivers State governor, said he was able to tackle insecurity, champion development and stabilise the Rivers State economy, assuring that such feat would be replicated if he is elected president.

He said, “Your excellency, you are the first governor I am visiting after declaring to run for the president of Nigeria in 2023. I will visit others as I progress with my consultations. I have visited three to four Emirates, two in the area you superintend over, and two in Kano. I have come to also brief you on how far we have gone with the railway assignment given to us by Mr. President. And the third reason is to tell you that I am interested to run for the office of the president of Nigeria.

“I think I am qualified, and I happen to be the only aspirant in the race who governed a state where there was militancy. So, I have experience of how to manage militancy.”

Between six months and one year of occupying the office of governor of the state, the militancy reduced tremendously. Schools were opened, market women were able to go back to the markets, kidnapping reduced drastically and business returned.

“Foreign companies came back, Shell reopened, in fact by the time I was leaving, Total was trying to transfer their headquarters to Port Harcourt. Unfortunately, when I left, they couldn’t manage it, so Total moved back to Abuja. But LNG returned their headquarters to Port Harcourt during my tenure as governor, Shell relocated their headquarters to Port Harcourt. So, we have experience, for somebody who has been in office for eight years as Governor, eight years as speaker, seven years as minister, I chaired the governor’s forum, I chaired the speakers’ forum, I also was the director general of the campaign of president Buhari twice. I would bring that experience to bear if given the opportunity.

“For me, the governors are critical in getting that opportunity and there’s need to talk to your colleagues to assist us to achieve that objective,” Amaechi said.

Responding, Governor Masari said he had no doubt about the minister’s leadership qualities. He also used the occasion to wish him well in his political aspiration.

“To me, you are not a person that needs any introduction. We have come a long way. I have no doubt in your character and in your ability and in your inclusiveness. We have discussed this privately, now you have come to formally declare your intention to contest for the office of the president of your country, which I feel you are qualified, and I hope you will play politics like a modern politician, because the way our politics is being played for quite some time, there is need for change of attitude, change of approach, change of style, so that we should treat the current situation of today with today’s solutions, not today’s problem with yesterday’s solutions.”

https://leadership.ng/371781-2/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I Will Tackle Insecurity As President - Amaechi by SmartProf(m): 9:42pm On Apr 13, 2022
This is how tough they all talk, but when they get in they begin to blame Jonathan.

120 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023: I Will Tackle Insecurity As President - Amaechi by Nobody: 9:43pm On Apr 13, 2022
His still in government as a minister since he has the capacity can't he suggest something to his boss who his close to on security issue kindly Note he has nothing to offer in Peter Obi am obsessed with come 2023

106 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: I Will Tackle Insecurity As President - Amaechi by Truthisunique2: 9:44pm On Apr 13, 2022
We believe you

Talk and do minister

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: I Will Tackle Insecurity As President - Amaechi by greatiyk4u(m): 9:46pm On Apr 13, 2022
Just get strategic and sincere service chiefs and stay back to take the glory

Since you were able to break the jinx in the rail sector, I have no reason to doubt you.

11 Likes

Re: 2023: I Will Tackle Insecurity As President - Amaechi by successmatters(m): 9:47pm On Apr 13, 2022
A person who is building a train track to maradi to stop insecurity?

This man is high on cow urine grin

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I Will Tackle Insecurity As President - Amaechi by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:51pm On Apr 13, 2022
Was this not how Buhari handled security and Osinbajo handled the economy?

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I Will Tackle Insecurity As President - Amaechi by OkoroBufo: 9:56pm On Apr 13, 2022
Amaechi is a clown, the highest reward you can get for your servitude to the North is the turban on your head.

-Okoro bufo

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: I Will Tackle Insecurity As President - Amaechi by oluseyiforjesus(m): 11:42pm On Apr 13, 2022
Ur boss said more Dan ds 2015 even wen it was just book Haram, now dat.....

1 Like

Re: 2023: I Will Tackle Insecurity As President - Amaechi by myike2(m): 11:42pm On Apr 13, 2022

4 Likes

Re: 2023: I Will Tackle Insecurity As President - Amaechi by Segkem2013(m): 11:42pm On Apr 13, 2022
Wee you keep kwayet? angry

2 Likes

Re: 2023: I Will Tackle Insecurity As President - Amaechi by KingLennon(m): 11:42pm On Apr 13, 2022
I love election season. A time of lies and foolishness.

Just imagine what this criminal is saying. Someone who is part of the problem of this country

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: I Will Tackle Insecurity As President - Amaechi by bukkysam(f): 11:43pm On Apr 13, 2022
They are just showing interest in ruling Nigeria. As if they are contesting family head.

It shall not be well with them all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I Will Tackle Insecurity As President - Amaechi by Jayrockk: 11:43pm On Apr 13, 2022
U dey whine us?

10 Likes

Re: 2023: I Will Tackle Insecurity As President - Amaechi by Shollypinzu: 11:44pm On Apr 13, 2022
No be today will don dey hear am even ur boss buhari talk am, story story

5 Likes

Re: 2023: I Will Tackle Insecurity As President - Amaechi by Firstlieutenant(m): 11:44pm On Apr 13, 2022
Asi-Uwa-Juru Tinubu urchins how far?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I Will Tackle Insecurity As President - Amaechi by Militant30: 11:45pm On Apr 13, 2022
I don't know how Amaechi will do in terms of economy but security wise Amaechi will be the best.

During Amaechi tenure as governor he created C4i which make sure that no single gun pass through the roads into Rivers State.

He chased away 98% of the criminals from Rivers State.

C4i track and trace criminals to their hideouts

Amaechi is better than Tinupooo. grin grin grin grin

15 Likes

Re: 2023: I Will Tackle Insecurity As President - Amaechi by Johnny147147: 11:47pm On Apr 13, 2022
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. That's the person of H.E Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi...

Outstanding former Speaker(Rivers State)
Outstanding former governor(Rivers State)
Current minister for transportation...
Incoming president 2023

Having excelled over all both past and present holders of the offices aforementioned, its no doubt that he's the best for the job.

For instance, the ministry of transportation before H.E Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi is a ministry many Nigerians are oblivious of its existence until he took the mantle of leadership to redirect the affairs of the ministry making it a notable one today.

As Speaker(Rivers State), Its obvious and a common knowledge that there has never been another like him both past and serving because of his outspokenness, egalitarianism and perfect judgemental sense of equality irrespective of tribe just to name but a few.

As Governor(Rivers State), as concerning this topic of insecurity, it is common knowledge how Rivers State used to be a criminal hot bed, an insecure red-flag state where all sorts of criminalty, hooliganism, cultism and other social vices thrive until H.E Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi took over the mantle of leadership and turned the stakes around. Now Rivers State is as peaceful as anyone could had imagined. His developmental acuteness is still a course studied by other governors as even the serving governor is striving to match a quarter of his projects and established institutions.

With his vast experience of governance coupled with his youthfulness a proof he made solid when he ran close to a thousand meters(1000m) around the Amiesimaka stadium in Portharcort, its no doubt that nobody stood equal with him as who's best to steer this country from its current retrogressive state.

With the current clamour by Nigerians for a youthful president vast in the affairs of governance, ear-to-the-ground, non-tribalistic, non-religious, open-minded, listening and having vast economic prowess, then the search is over. As H.E. Rt Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi is the only one with all these qualities folded in a man amongst all other contestants.

Its high time Nigerians made their choice. And that choice is [b]H.E. Rt Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi come 2023

OUR MAN, NIGERIA'S CHOICE 2023

Johnny

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I Will Tackle Insecurity As President - Amaechi by uzohrome(m): 11:48pm On Apr 13, 2022
If PDP summon courage to present peter Obi as their flag bearer, then Obi will be the next president of this country, he would be prayer answered. He would shutdown many agencies causing confusion everywhere, cut down cost of governance , create jobs and support SMEs. Atleast within the platform of integrity.

#peterObi for 2023.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I Will Tackle Insecurity As President - Amaechi by davidupdate89: 11:49pm On Apr 13, 2022
The question we should as them is...

What steps and plans do they have in fighting the insecurity we are experiencing.

Buhari and other aspirants Said similar things in 2019 and 2015 elections.
Re: 2023: I Will Tackle Insecurity As President - Amaechi by SenatePresdo(m): 11:50pm On Apr 13, 2022
Go and Tackle Cultism in Portharcourt first grin

2 Likes

Re: 2023: I Will Tackle Insecurity As President - Amaechi by illicit(m): 11:50pm On Apr 13, 2022
How
Re: 2023: I Will Tackle Insecurity As President - Amaechi by selfdefence: 11:52pm On Apr 13, 2022
This should be the biggest joke of the century

1 Like

Re: 2023: I Will Tackle Insecurity As President - Amaechi by Militant30: 11:52pm On Apr 13, 2022
OkoroBufo:
Amaechi is a clown, the highest reward you can get for your servitude to the North is the turban on your head.

-Okoro bufo

Shut up, Tinupooo e-rat, Ask everyone who stays in Rivers State how Amaechi tackle security as the governor of Rivers State.

He doesn't send security alone he follows them to the battle field, Amaechi even wore bullet proof vest and went with the JTF to Okochiri (Ateke camp) and they supervised the demolition of the camp and later site a general hospital their.

So shut up and pack your Masters shit.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I Will Tackle Insecurity As President - Amaechi by Officialzito: 11:53pm On Apr 13, 2022
Lies lies

and lies grin
Re: 2023: I Will Tackle Insecurity As President - Amaechi by ibroopeyemi(m): 11:54pm On Apr 13, 2022
Simply because your oga said this

I Dont Have Any Anointed Candidate, Buhari Declares. -

You throw this jab

2023: I Will Tackle Insecurity As President - Amaechi -

You are part of the government,mind your speech.

In BAT mandate we stand

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: I Will Tackle Insecurity As President - Amaechi by MemoriesAndMe: 11:55pm On Apr 13, 2022
Who?
Re: 2023: I Will Tackle Insecurity As President - Amaechi by Dobalae: 11:55pm On Apr 13, 2022
Oniro oshi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Accuses INEC In Lagos Of Demanding State-Owned Cards Before PVC Registration / I Should Be Held Responsible For What I Promise Nigerians, If Elected - Obi / Falana: DSS Does Not Need Court Order To Arrest Emefiele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.