Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,019 members, 7,814,486 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

EFCC Disowns Lawyer Prosecuting Stella Oduah - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Disowns Lawyer Prosecuting Stella Oduah (12359 Views)

Court Stops Obaseki From Arresting Oshiomhole And Prosecuting Him / Fayose: EFCC Disowns ‘magu Threat’ Tape In Circulation / EFCC Disowns & Deletes Tweet On Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Disowns Lawyer Prosecuting Stella Oduah by buzmanjohn(m): 1:19pm On Jul 19, 2023
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has disowned a lawyer, Ibrahim Mohammed, who filed forgery charges in the name of the anti-graft agency against a former Minister of Aviation, Stella Oduah.

The EFCC on Tuesday told the Federal High Court in Abuja that Mohammed, a Superintendent of Police, was not mandated to file any criminal charge against Oduah or prosecute her in any criminal matter.

Counsel for the EFCC, Helen Okonofun, told Justice James Omotoso that the police lawyer had been investigated by the EFCC as ordered by the judge last week.

She said the report of the findings would be filed at the court registry and be made available to the court thereafter.

According to the counsel, Mohammed was initially with the EFCC but was redeployed from the agency to the police headquarters on November 4, 2022 and had nothing to do with the EFCC since then.

In a short ruling, Justice Omotoso fixed October 4, 2023, for the EFCC to formally make the report of the findings available to the court.

Recall that the judge had last Tuesday ordered the EFCC to probe Mohammed and determine whether he was authourised to file charges against Oduah.

The eight counts he filed against the ex-minister bordered on forgery of National Youth Service Corps certificate.

But the judge began to ask questions after noticing some flaws in the court process.

Justice Omotoso queried the lawyer whether he had the mandate of the EFCC to file the charges.

Mohammed, who replied in the negative and was largely incoherent while answering questions, admitted that he errorneously filed the charges in the name of the EFCC.

Oduah, while speaking through her lawyer, James Onoja (SAN), last week, described the charges as strange.

According to Onoja, the charges against his client “have no proof of evidence bearing her statement as required by law.”

https://punchng.com/efcc-disowns-lawyer-prosecuting-stella-oduah/?amp

1 Share

Re: EFCC Disowns Lawyer Prosecuting Stella Oduah by DomPerignon: 1:22pm On Jul 19, 2023
The cop was abusing the court to extort Stella.

Him own don done.

14 Likes

Re: EFCC Disowns Lawyer Prosecuting Stella Oduah by kokoBoii: 5:15pm On Jul 19, 2023
grin
Re: EFCC Disowns Lawyer Prosecuting Stella Oduah by lexotan(m): 5:16pm On Jul 19, 2023
Okay
Re: EFCC Disowns Lawyer Prosecuting Stella Oduah by Zico5(m): 5:16pm On Jul 19, 2023
So the case of this woman is still in the court? Show me one politician in Nigeria that's free of corruption then I will show u a mother of two that's still a virgin. We pray for better Nigeria everyday but the people in the system are super corrupt. Which way forward my people

12 Likes

Re: EFCC Disowns Lawyer Prosecuting Stella Oduah by tobtap: 5:16pm On Jul 19, 2023
grin cheesy
Re: EFCC Disowns Lawyer Prosecuting Stella Oduah by Administration1: 5:17pm On Jul 19, 2023
Sips kuku while trekking. So who mandated him.

Shame on Organized Labour, Shame on all the TRADE UNION CONGRESS.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Disowns Lawyer Prosecuting Stella Oduah by HacheNoire: 5:17pm On Jul 19, 2023
Someone has gotten doggy.

Case dismissed and buried!

1 Like

Re: EFCC Disowns Lawyer Prosecuting Stella Oduah by Kingpire(m): 5:17pm On Jul 19, 2023
This isn't good enough. She needs to be severely punished
Re: EFCC Disowns Lawyer Prosecuting Stella Oduah by lexotan(m): 5:17pm On Jul 19, 2023
May this Favour me and my family

6 Likes

Re: EFCC Disowns Lawyer Prosecuting Stella Oduah by GOFRONT(m): 5:17pm On Jul 19, 2023
grin
Re: EFCC Disowns Lawyer Prosecuting Stella Oduah by BigBlackPreek(m): 5:18pm On Jul 19, 2023
Stella my love have been vindicated finally

Allahu Akbar

1 Like

Re: EFCC Disowns Lawyer Prosecuting Stella Oduah by cjudy(m): 5:18pm On Jul 19, 2023
sad
The day you realize EFCC is for poor yahoo boys that’s the day you will know Nigeria is gone.

Media trial

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Disowns Lawyer Prosecuting Stella Oduah by iampeterben(m): 5:18pm On Jul 19, 2023
Police wan collect pooja
Re: EFCC Disowns Lawyer Prosecuting Stella Oduah by Onewazobia(m): 5:23pm On Jul 19, 2023
Zico5:
So the case of this woman is still in the court? Show me one politician in Nigeria that's free of corruption then I will show u a mother of two that's still a virgin. We pray for better Nigeria everyday but the people in the system are super corrupt. Which way forward my people
Re: EFCC Disowns Lawyer Prosecuting Stella Oduah by NaijaCover(m): 5:24pm On Jul 19, 2023
Is Here
Re: EFCC Disowns Lawyer Prosecuting Stella Oduah by Yankee101: 5:24pm On Jul 19, 2023
Looking for bribes?
Re: EFCC Disowns Lawyer Prosecuting Stella Oduah by bestman09(m): 5:53pm On Jul 19, 2023
How a qualified lawyer/policeman will institute a criminal case against someone using Efcc or any other organization without the mandate or permission of the organization baffles me. Or the said lawyer wanted to extort her?
This is how they intimidate and extort ordinary citizens.

Anything goes in this nation.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Disowns Lawyer Prosecuting Stella Oduah by marvellous2222: 5:57pm On Jul 19, 2023
buzmanjohn:

https://punchng.com/efcc-disowns-lawyer-prosecuting-stella-oduah/?amp
I need to live this country immediately before I call water fuel
Re: EFCC Disowns Lawyer Prosecuting Stella Oduah by Passionate888: 6:00pm On Jul 19, 2023
grin
Re: EFCC Disowns Lawyer Prosecuting Stella Oduah by bestman09(m): 6:00pm On Jul 19, 2023
Zico5:

This is a new case by a corrupt lawyer -policeman who tried to extort her.
Re: EFCC Disowns Lawyer Prosecuting Stella Oduah by olisaEze(m): 6:01pm On Jul 19, 2023
Zico5:

His Excellency, Mr Peter Obi! Now where is that virgin mother of two? grin

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Disowns Lawyer Prosecuting Stella Oduah by Agugbadin: 6:03pm On Jul 19, 2023
HacheNoire:
Someone has gotten doggy.

Case dismissed and buried!

Hmmmmm .That is Nigeria for you.
Re: EFCC Disowns Lawyer Prosecuting Stella Oduah by izicooo(f): 6:05pm On Jul 19, 2023
The lawyer don run message wey nobody send him, prison is calling his name!

1 Like

Re: EFCC Disowns Lawyer Prosecuting Stella Oduah by badesco(m): 6:08pm On Jul 19, 2023
She would probably end up in jail at the end.
Re: EFCC Disowns Lawyer Prosecuting Stella Oduah by Zico5(m): 6:13pm On Jul 19, 2023
olisaEze:

His Excellency, Mr Peter Obi! Now where is that virgin mother of two? grin
Someone that looted state money and put it in beer investment. What of Akwuzu SARS where Anambra people were killed like chicken. You think we have forgotten.
Re: EFCC Disowns Lawyer Prosecuting Stella Oduah by fineberry(m): 6:14pm On Jul 19, 2023
When the Hunter all of a sudden becomes the hunter.
Re: EFCC Disowns Lawyer Prosecuting Stella Oduah by MorolayoVictor(m): 6:26pm On Jul 19, 2023
Is this an agency sha

(1) (2) (Reply)

Security Agencies Uncover Boko Haram Plot To Attack South / Governor Umahi In The Shadow Of Vultures’ Talons. By Emmanuel Onwe / Malami: Why Buhari Will Not Sign Proposed Electoral Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.