Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,937 members, 7,835,124 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

House Of Reps halts motion seeking to stop Fuel Price Hike - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / House Of Reps halts motion seeking to stop Fuel Price Hike (31902 Views)

Lawan Shuts Down Motion Seeking To Debate Buhari’s Democracy Day Speech / Motion Seeking Appointment Of Igbo As Service Chief Suffers Setback In Senate / Omo-Agege Wants Motion Seeking Saraki’s Imprisonment Served Through Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: House Of Reps halts motion seeking to stop Fuel Price Hike by PissInside: 2:51pm On Jul 19, 2023
Eecho:
No need checking your signature, let’s check your brain .

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

3 Likes

Re: House Of Reps halts motion seeking to stop Fuel Price Hike by Zupay: 2:51pm On Jul 19, 2023
Yimu.
Re: House Of Reps halts motion seeking to stop Fuel Price Hike by INTEGRITYA1(m): 2:51pm On Jul 19, 2023
Okay
Re: House Of Reps halts motion seeking to stop Fuel Price Hike by Johncuppa(m): 2:51pm On Jul 19, 2023
Kukutenla:
I really don't know what the opposition is waiting for to start a protest on the state of the economy.
Are the scared or they are actually in agreement with the ruling party concerning the direction the economy is facing
You sure don't know what is called "captive of the might".
Ask Oyo and Osun people during Ajimobi and Aregbesola regime.

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps halts motion seeking to stop Fuel Price Hike by ugaby: 2:51pm On Jul 19, 2023
Kukutenla:
I really don't know what the opposition is waiting for to start a protest on the state of the economy.
Are the scared or they are actually in agreement with the ruling party concerning the direction the economy is facing
You are waiting for the opposition start protest for you abi? You will wait forever

2 Likes

Re: House Of Reps halts motion seeking to stop Fuel Price Hike by thesicilian: 2:52pm On Jul 19, 2023
LaSenior:
cheesy

E go favour me crew this is just the beginning

Na una be referee na still Una dey shout ojoro ojoro
You make silly jokes like this online then step out of your house and trek to work. Who do you think you are deceiving? Most of the people you're jeering at for voting their choice are even still doing way better than you

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps halts motion seeking to stop Fuel Price Hike by saintbillion(m): 2:54pm On Jul 19, 2023
Kukutenla:
unfortunately the people who use to protest are the ones in power

3 Likes

Re: House Of Reps halts motion seeking to stop Fuel Price Hike by nairalanda1(m): 2:54pm On Jul 19, 2023
I see that the government wants to bring in price controls via the back door.

I comment my reserve

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps halts motion seeking to stop Fuel Price Hike by ItooWorWor(m): 2:54pm On Jul 19, 2023
fergie001:

SOURCE

Very good.
Re: House Of Reps halts motion seeking to stop Fuel Price Hike by SyrusdeHansome(m): 2:54pm On Jul 19, 2023
Kukutenla:

Opposition shud do what when u were given a chance to elect the person of ur choice some few months back?

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps halts motion seeking to stop Fuel Price Hike by ClearFlair: 2:54pm On Jul 19, 2023
Wailinghelinues:

Helinues be useful with your life

Great advice

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Of Reps halts motion seeking to stop Fuel Price Hike by Sojourner1976: 2:55pm On Jul 19, 2023
Kukutenla:
Opposition? Like seriously?
When NLC tried to protest against the increment in June, was Joe Ajaero not accused of pushing an ethnic agenda against Tinubu? Was he not frustrated with many branches of the NLC in the South West and North West backing out?

3 Likes

Re: House Of Reps halts motion seeking to stop Fuel Price Hike by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jul 19, 2023
thesicilian:

You make silly jokes like this online then step out of your house and trek to work. Who do you think you are deceiving? Most of the people you're jeering at for voting their choice are even still doing way better than you
The thing pain you no be small!!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Of Reps halts motion seeking to stop Fuel Price Hike by Kukutenla: 2:56pm On Jul 19, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:

Opposition they will term IPOB abi? Don't you know that the unity of One Nigeria is fuelled by the hatred for the East
Do you mean it is only the East that's in opposition to this govt? I disagree. They might be the loudest but they are not the only opposition. What the opposition needs to do is speak with one voice which they still seem unable to do even after elections
Re: House Of Reps halts motion seeking to stop Fuel Price Hike by egoldman(m): 2:57pm On Jul 19, 2023
Nonsense, why not suspend the price increase before setting up a committee?
Re: House Of Reps halts motion seeking to stop Fuel Price Hike by ItooWorWor(m): 2:58pm On Jul 19, 2023
nairalanda1:
I see that the government wants to bring in price controls via the back door.

I comment my reserve

Any form of price control will defeat the purpose of fuel subsidy removal.

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps halts motion seeking to stop Fuel Price Hike by Kukutenla: 2:58pm On Jul 19, 2023
Johncuppa:

You sure don't know what is called "captive of the might".
Ask Oyo and Osun people during Ajimobi and Aregbesola regime.

I remember Lautech students protested against Ajimobi. Which earned him the epithet of "constituted authority".

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps halts motion seeking to stop Fuel Price Hike by Kukutenla: 2:58pm On Jul 19, 2023
ugaby:

You are waiting for the opposition start protest for you abi? You will wait forever
Maybe they don't want to take power then
Re: House Of Reps halts motion seeking to stop Fuel Price Hike by Moony45: 3:00pm On Jul 19, 2023
That means they want subsidy back

2 Likes

Re: House Of Reps halts motion seeking to stop Fuel Price Hike by Kukutenla: 3:00pm On Jul 19, 2023
Sojourner1976:

Opposition? Like seriously?
When NLC tried to protest against the increment in June, was Joe Ajaero not accused of pushing an ethnic agenda against Tinubu? Was he not frustrated with many branches of the NLC in the South West and North West backing out?
Well, that was because the reality of the policy had not hit home then.
If NLC calls for protest today, I doubt anyone will have the moral voice to make such dissent.
Besides, I deliberately left out NLC because I'm aware they've been infiltrated. But even that can't stop a popular cause. How did Lamidi Apapa and his group end in Labour party? The public mood is certainly not in support of the present govt
Re: House Of Reps halts motion seeking to stop Fuel Price Hike by Reference(m): 3:00pm On Jul 19, 2023
Always reacting. Always behind issues of importance in Nigeria.
Cannot fashion anything.
Will NEVER take sides with the people to take government to task.
Re: House Of Reps halts motion seeking to stop Fuel Price Hike by 4labi1: 3:00pm On Jul 19, 2023
RENEWED Shege hehe... Were are those apc fanatics singing on our mandate we shall stand.
Re: House Of Reps halts motion seeking to stop Fuel Price Hike by Zico5(m): 3:03pm On Jul 19, 2023
These people always take the masses for granted. I believe it's just a matter of time
Re: House Of Reps halts motion seeking to stop Fuel Price Hike by Cj4charles(m): 3:03pm On Jul 19, 2023
The plan has always been when Nigerians complain, the least they can do is revoke it back to 530 and not 185# that is to say the Shege remains

1 Like 1 Share

Re: House Of Reps halts motion seeking to stop Fuel Price Hike by EdiskyHarry: 3:03pm On Jul 19, 2023
The most useless house of reps of all time in the history of Africa.
Re: House Of Reps halts motion seeking to stop Fuel Price Hike by Akmike1983: 3:04pm On Jul 19, 2023
Its obvious that the so call house has no plan for the masses tthan to enrich themselves.. The committee that are part of the whole plan what do u expect from them
Re: House Of Reps halts motion seeking to stop Fuel Price Hike by Chetas81(m): 3:04pm On Jul 19, 2023
Nigerian citizen remain sick including their leaders
Re: House Of Reps halts motion seeking to stop Fuel Price Hike by ceejayluv(m): 3:04pm On Jul 19, 2023
Halting the increase would be tantamount to reintroducing subsidy to keep the Price at that level. Let the market forces prevail. The govt should find other means of bringing down the Price by fostering competition in the downstream sector
Re: House Of Reps halts motion seeking to stop Fuel Price Hike by emerged01(m): 3:05pm On Jul 19, 2023
Kukutenla:
What we are seeing is truly the picture of Nigeria economy without stable power,lack of infrastructure and no working refinery. It is not about the govt of today. Now forces of the market is controlling the price of fuel. We are in for it because e go still go up.
Re: House Of Reps halts motion seeking to stop Fuel Price Hike by Roozzaay(m): 3:05pm On Jul 19, 2023
We're not done with these beasts (Kyaris) yet cry
Re: House Of Reps halts motion seeking to stop Fuel Price Hike by saysoo: 3:06pm On Jul 19, 2023
What do you guys expect the nnpcl to say ,you import pms with floating naira exchange, adding transport cost, how much will they sell to make profit? Pms will get to 815/ltr or the floating policy reversed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police Confirms Incidents Of Herdsmen Attack In Rivers State / Buhari Being Sworn In (photos) / Drop The Name Nigeria, It's Demeaning: Wole Olanipekun Advocates Restructuring

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.