Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

They Call Us Names, Butwe Wont Change - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / They Call Us Names, Butwe Wont Change (927 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

They Call Us Names, Butwe Wont Change by surugede(m): 3:10pm On Sep 08, 2007
they say we are stupid because:

we will not kill for money rituals

its a taboo in our land for women to commit adultery (no one need to find out, they will confess by themselves and no one will force them to)

we don't have an AVARICIOUS desire for wealth

hardly do we take bribe, so in offices we are seen as cogs-in-wheels

our wives do not kill dia husbands to inherit his wealth

we hardly boast of whatever we have

we ARE humble (and this is taken for stupidity)

but in all these we wont change

NSUKKA DE JE, ANYI ASUMARU  GEDE
Re: They Call Us Names, Butwe Wont Change by Nobody: 6:05pm On Sep 08, 2007
what are you talking about?
Re: They Call Us Names, Butwe Wont Change by naijadiva2(f): 12:07am On Sep 09, 2007
i guess he's talking about nigerians at there right mind and how we do things the[b] right[/b]way and they think our is stupid because we are poor.
Re: They Call Us Names, Butwe Wont Change by Nobody: 1:03am On Sep 09, 2007
Even with your explanation naija_diva, I still don't get it. undecided
Re: They Call Us Names, Butwe Wont Change by naijadiva2(f): 1:05am On Sep 09, 2007
i mean,we do things the right way and they think its wierd. like divorcing. in other countries its okay, but to us, its not.
Re: They Call Us Names, Butwe Wont Change by toshmann(m): 11:16am On Sep 10, 2007
i think we need a psychiatrist in nairaland undecided
Re: They Call Us Names, Butwe Wont Change by laudate: 1:37pm On Sep 10, 2007
surugede:

they say we are stupid because:

we will not kill for money rituals

its a taboo in our land for women to commit adultery (no one need to find out, they will confess by themselves and no one will force them to)

we don't have an AVARICIOUS desire for wealth

hardly do we take bribe, so in offices we are seen as cogs-in-wheels

our wives do not kill dia husbands to inherit his wealth

we hardly boast of whatever we have

we ARE humble (and this is taken for stupidity)

but in all these we wont change

NSUKKA DE JE, ANYI ASUMARU GEDE

Er, is the poster talking about people from Nsukka area, in the South-east??

I have some relatives from dat side o! grin grin
Re: They Call Us Names, Butwe Wont Change by English1(f): 11:05am On Sep 13, 2007
Is there anywhere in the world where is it considered good to kill for money rituals, commit adultery, be AvARICIOUS, take bribes, kill your husband to inherit his wealth? undecided

what a strange statement.
Re: They Call Us Names, Butwe Wont Change by pilas: 7:31pm On Sep 13, 2007
lol,@poster you wish.Nusukka is in igboland. lipsrsealed
Re: They Call Us Names, Butwe Wont Change by BlackMamba(m): 9:31pm On Sep 13, 2007
All Hail Nska. Hometown for the Great Lions and Lionesses. Chinua Achebe, Amanda Adichie, Soludo and most of Igboland's who-is-who are all products of these serene college community.

And BTW, I get my most potent "remote control" from the area to keep me connected to my ancestors and ward off winches. ASHUA!!!

(1) (Reply)

What Are Women Up To? / ? / Quintessence Gallery Presents IJE UWA (life's Trajectory)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.