Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,788 members, 7,820,759 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

Relocating From Uyo To Abuja (Is There Anything I Should Know?) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Relocating From Uyo To Abuja (Is There Anything I Should Know?) (20542 Views)

Beautiful Pictures From Uyo / Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics / Catholic Corpers Travelling From Uyo To Rivers Involved In Accident (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relocating From Uyo To Abuja (Is There Anything I Should Know?) by adubam(m): 3:45pm On Jul 20, 2023
Nemesis0147:
karu is affordable but it is very prone to holdup when going or coming back from town…. And the distance from karu to nassarawa state uni is just 2hrs drive…so check yourself

You don't know Karu.
Re: Relocating From Uyo To Abuja (Is There Anything I Should Know?) by blackmantis: 3:47pm On Jul 20, 2023
Abuja is one of the best place to live in Nigeria. It's cosmopolitan, people from different tribes reside there.
Nobody will see you as a stranger.
It's calm, lots of places relax.
Cost of living is high though so you gotta have a good job.

Transportation is moderate if you know your way around. Be careful where you enter cabs though. Bolt and Uber would drain your pocket.

3 Likes

Re: Relocating From Uyo To Abuja (Is There Anything I Should Know?) by blowjohn(m): 3:47pm On Jul 20, 2023
Nemesis0147:
na bolt fee wan finish me for this town.
I don’t know how to use ALONG….
Is either I’m driving or flying bolt but the bolt fee needs to be discussed for real

These days na bilt drivers go call u back, tell u to add money or else they no dey go.
I no dey enter along o.

Only entered along first week I came to abuja about 13 years ago. Since then I drive
Re: Relocating From Uyo To Abuja (Is There Anything I Should Know?) by Nemesis0147(m): 3:49pm On Jul 20, 2023
adubam:

You don't know Karu.
maybe
I no too Sabi those area but I know those areas are prone to hold up
Nyanya/maraba/jikwoyi and karu

2 Likes

Re: Relocating From Uyo To Abuja (Is There Anything I Should Know?) by Azizi72(m): 3:50pm On Jul 20, 2023
Michaelspresh:
Good morning y'all..
I've been in Abuja for a month now,and I love how calm and peaceful it is especially the area I stay which is Gwarinpa,second Avenue.

Now I'm thinking of relocating from Uyo To Abuja by September this year.
I know things are expensive but I love how everywhere is calm and nice compared to Lagos where everywhere is crowdy,noisy and stuffs I can't keep up with like heavy traffic and so on

Now,Abuja based nairalanders
Is there any challenge you have living in Abuja or any regrets?
Is there anything you would want me to know?
Abeg,share am with me make I no carry leg enter where I no fit commot..
Meanwhile..Bolt prices wan choke me😩

Abuja is good..you need to have your budget well spealed out and make sure you stay where your income can sustain.

Abuja is very expensive, there are places you can live that is not high and also you need to find out where to buy your things that is affordable.

Goodluck!
Re: Relocating From Uyo To Abuja (Is There Anything I Should Know?) by Michaelspresh(f): 3:50pm On Jul 20, 2023
jamesversion:

Before relocating from Uyo to Abuja, take a stop in PH so we can hangout. grin
that rough city?
Lolzzz...no be me and you sha
Re: Relocating From Uyo To Abuja (Is There Anything I Should Know?) by adubam(m): 3:51pm On Jul 20, 2023
Nemesis0147:
maybe
I no too Sabi those area but I know those areas are prone to hold up
Nyanya/maraba/jikwoyi and karu

For you to say Karu to Keffi is 2hrs and also say there's is traffic in Karu shows you've not been there of recent.
Even from Karu to Akwanga won't take 2 hrs.

5 Likes

Re: Relocating From Uyo To Abuja (Is There Anything I Should Know?) by Rhado: 3:53pm On Jul 20, 2023
mattbass:
The only time I fit go back to Abuja na when I don blow but for now is a no for me. The past 6 month wey I stay for guzape dey run bolt biz I suffer no be small.
And no forget plenty fake life full Abuja. Everybody na Agent 😅😅😅

Abeg I fit contact you? You just shock me now
Re: Relocating From Uyo To Abuja (Is There Anything I Should Know?) by princejite(m): 3:55pm On Jul 20, 2023
[b][/b]wow please am also interested too in relocating from PH to Abuja, as a young man, what is the percentage of making it over there, am reasoning to resign my work here in PHC and start up a new life over there, please u can also suggest place that is cool and calm. to start up life . Thanks
Re: Relocating From Uyo To Abuja (Is There Anything I Should Know?) by LofP(m): 3:55pm On Jul 20, 2023
It's a good idea moving to Abuja.

Gwarimpa is one of the best places for young people in this town.

Get active on Twitter too. There is an Abuja Twitter Community and there are regular events where you can meet people, unwind, have fun and market your wares.

Make sure you have a business or side-hustle.

2 Likes

Re: Relocating From Uyo To Abuja (Is There Anything I Should Know?) by Michaelspresh(f): 3:55pm On Jul 20, 2023
Gerrard59:

What happened to using minibus and taxis? Na the problem wey most Nigerians get; living a champagne lifestyle on a beer income. You never dey financially stable, you dey use Bolt steadily as if it is an affordable means of transportation. Now, you want to relocate to a major Bolt market where there is even greater usage and pressure to patronise the service.

Now, what are you doing in Uyo? How do you intend to replicate the same in Abuja? Why Abuja? Why now? The major cost for new migrants to a place is housing and housing in Abuja especially close to the business areas are expensive. Note: FCT is different from Abuja. You get place to stay for Abuja free of charge for the next six months? What is the distance between there and where you intend to make a living?

Honestly, some of the questions you lot ask make me question if you people actually attended secondary schools.
Thanks for the questions..
Like I said,I've been in Abuja for one month and I've already gotten a Job that pays 150k a month...I stay with a friend who will let me live with her till I'm tired...
Gwarinpa,the area I stay is in FCT.
Things are going on very well

8 Likes

Re: Relocating From Uyo To Abuja (Is There Anything I Should Know?) by LofP(m): 3:57pm On Jul 20, 2023
princejite:
[b][/b]wow please am also interested too in relocating from PH to Abuja, as a young man, what is the percentage of making it over there, am reasoning to resign my work here in PHC and start up a new life over there, please u can also suggest place that is cool and calm. to start up life . Thanks
Abuja isn't that easy for young guys except you have connections here already that can help you settle down.
Re: Relocating From Uyo To Abuja (Is There Anything I Should Know?) by Hustlerconnect: 3:58pm On Jul 20, 2023
Been in Abuja for years Now. We can become friends if u don't mind and share ideas

1 Like

Re: Relocating From Uyo To Abuja (Is There Anything I Should Know?) by senatorken01(m): 3:59pm On Jul 20, 2023
Nemesis0147:
na bolt fee wan finish me for this town.
I don’t know how to use ALONG….
Is either I’m driving or flying bolt but the bolt fee needs to be discussed for real

Send me a mail. I will send you my number and chat me up whenever you're going out. I will tell you how to get to your area via chatting. Coz once you know your way in Abuja. Nobody fit chop you anyhow

1 Like

Re: Relocating From Uyo To Abuja (Is There Anything I Should Know?) by JujuYouth: 4:00pm On Jul 20, 2023
My friend who relocated from Uyo to Abuja for almost two years now is planning to come back.
Another friend who is there for service said she can't wait to complete her assignment and run back to Uyo.
Its an expensive city and your business need to be up to speed.
But people are different.
Your own grace fit different.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocating From Uyo To Abuja (Is There Anything I Should Know?) by EdiskyHarry: 4:00pm On Jul 20, 2023
Uyo is the worst place to stay in Nigeria.
A place where unemployment is at its peak, but cost of living very high.
Go to Abuja my dear.
The biggest mistake I made in my life was relocating from Abuja to uyo after my nysc.
It's still hurting me up till today.

5 Likes

Re: Relocating From Uyo To Abuja (Is There Anything I Should Know?) by Michaelspresh(f): 4:02pm On Jul 20, 2023
Hustlerconnect:
Been in Abuja for years Now. We can become friends if u don't mind and share ideas
you can Dm
I'll reply ASAP
Re: Relocating From Uyo To Abuja (Is There Anything I Should Know?) by ajimo54(m): 4:02pm On Jul 20, 2023
Michaelspresh:
Good morning y'all..
I've been in Abuja for a month now,and I love how calm and peaceful it is especially the area I stay which is Gwarinpa,second Avenue.

I know things are expensive but I love how everywhere is calm and nice compared to Lagos where everywhere is crowdy,noisy and stuffs I can't keep up with like heavy traffic and so on

DM me for counselling. Counselling is free. Jokes apart, Abuja is not a place to relocate to without a job! Except u have relatives to stay with b4 you leap. And mind you, criminals are many here in Abuja! Lugbe, Kubwa, Dawaki, Mpape, Mabushi, Nyayan, Maraba, Galadimawa, Asokoro Extension are full of criminals! They attack houses in numbers! However, to survive depends on God and ur head!
Re: Relocating From Uyo To Abuja (Is There Anything I Should Know?) by Michaelspresh(f): 4:03pm On Jul 20, 2023
EdiskyHarry:
[/b]Uyo is the worst place to stay in Nigeria.
A place where unemployment is on its peak, but cost of living very high.[b]

Go to Abuja my dear.
The biggest mistake I made in my life was relocating from Abuja to uyo after my nysc.
you're right my dear @bolded

Thank you
Re: Relocating From Uyo To Abuja (Is There Anything I Should Know?) by Nemesis0147(m): 4:03pm On Jul 20, 2023
senatorken01:

Send me a mail. I will send you my number and chat me up whenever you're going out. I will tell you how to get to your area via chatting. Coz once you know your way in Abuja. Nobody fit chop you anyhow
I’m actually not new in this town….I lived in Abj for 2years before I got admission to the university and left(but I do visit),I relocated back to the town fully since 2021…..I no just like the along.
Re: Relocating From Uyo To Abuja (Is There Anything I Should Know?) by LofP(m): 4:03pm On Jul 20, 2023
EdiskyHarry:
Uyo is the worst place to stay in Nigeria.
A place where unemployment is on its peak, but cost of living very high.
Go to Abuja my dear.
It's a matter of luck because Abuja only has a few jobs to offer except you are into sales and marketing. Menial jobs and teaching jobs are the easiest to come by and it depends on so many factors to make a decent living for a young guy in Abuja.

Lagos is slightly better because it has more opportunities.

3 Likes

Re: Relocating From Uyo To Abuja (Is There Anything I Should Know?) by Michaelspresh(f): 4:05pm On Jul 20, 2023
ajimo54:

DM me for counselling. Counselling is free. Jokes apart, Abuja is not a place to relocate to without a job! Except u have relatives to stay with b4 you leap. And mind you, criminals are many here in Abuja! Lugbe, Kubwa, Dawaki, Mpape, Mabushi, Nyayan, Maraba, Galadimawa, Asokoro Extension are full of criminals! They attack houses in numbers! However, to survive depends on God and ur head!
God will always protect his own

My work place is at Kubwa tho
Been to Lugbe, Asokoro,Galadimawa,Mabushi

3 Likes

Re: Relocating From Uyo To Abuja (Is There Anything I Should Know?) by Nemesis0147(m): 4:06pm On Jul 20, 2023
ajimo54:

oga
Which of the lugbe is full of criminals?
Federal housing Abi Lugbe across?
The way you guys general things ba they tire person.
So river park is full of criminals?
We’re you Sabi for lugbe?

2 Likes

Re: Relocating From Uyo To Abuja (Is There Anything I Should Know?) by SmartyPants(m): 4:08pm On Jul 20, 2023
Michaelspresh:
Good morning y'all..

Did you come to Abuja for hookup? Tell me the truth let me advice you well.
Re: Relocating From Uyo To Abuja (Is There Anything I Should Know?) by senatorken01(m): 4:11pm On Jul 20, 2023
Michaelspresh:
Thanks for the questions..
Like I said,I've been in Abuja for one month and I've already gotten a Job that pays 150k a month...I stay with a friend who will let me live with her till I'm tired...
Gwarinpa,the area I stay is in FCT.
Things are going on very well

I would advise you to be planning on getting our own accommodation soon coz very soon, your friend will start showing you altitude. Plan within 6month to 1year to get yourself accommodation. Start from a place you can afford every year coz to pay first houserent is easy, na the second payment you will know that truly, the meaning of so help me God in our national anthem is real. Also try and do side business or hustle, no matter what they pay you, it won't be enough coz your taste and trend to meet up with Abuja style will come in and it end in serious issue.

4 Likes

Re: Relocating From Uyo To Abuja (Is There Anything I Should Know?) by Michaelspresh(f): 4:12pm On Jul 20, 2023
SmartyPants:

Did you come to Abuja for hookup? Tell me the truth let me advice you well.
Are you stupid or high on cheap drugs?
Which one?

4 Likes

Re: Relocating From Uyo To Abuja (Is There Anything I Should Know?) by AskNgige2: 4:14pm On Jul 20, 2023
5iine:
Come to Abuja food items are cheaper here. Depending on location sha

Bro not anymore oo..

No try am here except free accommodation
Re: Relocating From Uyo To Abuja (Is There Anything I Should Know?) by Michaelspresh(f): 4:15pm On Jul 20, 2023
senatorken01:

I would advise you to be planning on getting our own accommodation soon coz very soon, your friend will start showing you altitude. Plan within 6month to 1year to get yourself accommodation. Start from a place you can afford every year coz to pay first houserent is easy, na the second payment you will know that truly, the meaning of so help me God in our national anthem is real. Also try and do side business or hustle, no matter what they pay you, it won't be enough coz your taste and trend to meet up with Abuja style will come in and it end in serious issue.
that's the Convo I had with an agent...
I'm relocating fully to my house,not my friend's house.
Thanks for watching out for me

1 Like

Re: Relocating From Uyo To Abuja (Is There Anything I Should Know?) by SmartyPants(m): 4:19pm On Jul 20, 2023
Michaelspresh:
Are you stupid or high on cheap drugs?
Which one?

cheesy Are we fighting? Oya no vex. Enjoy Abuja and stay safe o.
Re: Relocating From Uyo To Abuja (Is There Anything I Should Know?) by kingreign(m): 4:26pm On Jul 20, 2023
Michaelspresh:
Good morning y'all..

Abuja is nice and calm, but I prefer Uyo to Abuja. I stay in Abuja and shuttle between Abuja and Uyo frequently when I'm on holiday.
Re: Relocating From Uyo To Abuja (Is There Anything I Should Know?) by funkyme2014(f): 4:28pm On Jul 20, 2023
Michaelspresh:
Good morning y'all..

Abuja transport is the cheapest compared to Port Harcourt and Lagos. The only that is expensive in Abuja is accomodations especially that Gwarimpa but security is good. If you are alone,there are some estates you can get their bq for 700k around 6th avenue and off 69road

1 Like

Re: Relocating From Uyo To Abuja (Is There Anything I Should Know?) by LEGHEND(m): 4:30pm On Jul 20, 2023
Michaelspresh:
Good morning y'all..

Dm me ...make i update you on Abuja lifestyle...i stay in kubwa...and i get cheap house for rent..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Repairs On Third Mainland Bridge Begins On July 27, To Last 27 Months / The Moment Overloaded Car Fell Over Sideways (Video) / Nigeria Deports 53 Illegal Immigrants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.