Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,019 members, 7,814,482 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

A.R.I.S.E Agenda Launch: Why Agro-economy Will Take Center Stage - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A.R.I.S.E Agenda Launch: Why Agro-economy Will Take Center Stage (105 Views)

Our Economy Will Bounce Back In Coming Months – Tinubu / Why Anambra Economy Will Surpass Lagos - Melie Onyejepu / Isa Pantami: Nigeria's Economy Will Be 21% Digital Driven By 2021 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A.R.I.S.E Agenda Launch: Why Agro-economy Will Take Center Stage by edikandavid(m): 12:02pm On Jul 20, 2023
The A.R.I.S.E AGENDA of Pastor Umo Bassey Eno considers Agriculture as a major sector of the economy and calls for diversification from total dependence on petroleum oil to agriculture.

The agenda recognizes Agricultural development as a major driver of the new world economy, key to the eradication of poverty and a hub for sustainable development.

The A.R.I.S.E project sees the possibility that the farming sector can be transformed by mechanization and commercialization towards providing medium and large-scale enterprises for farmers.

Major crops for this purpose include, among others, palm oil, cassava, cashew nuts, kola nut, cocoa, cassava, cocoa beans, groundnut, rubber, gum arabic, maize melon, palm kernel, millet, yams, beans, soya beans and plantain.

Suffice to say that the A.R.I.S.E vision has successfully adopted commercial agriculture as a tool to eradicate joblessness and therefore crystallized into a galvanizing tool for economic change or advancement.

This novel template, employed by Eno’s government, seeks to reduce unemployment, boost entrepreneurship, and stimulate the economy positively.

Akwa Ibom State through the leadership model of Governor Umo Eno is ready to launch a strategic plan to achieve food sufficiency in the state, and diversifying the economy from Crude oil-driven to Agro-based Economy, especially considering the high prices of crude oil byproducts.

Through the A.R.I.S.E AGENDA, Governor Umo Eno has resolved and is aggressively ready to implement policies that will increase food productivity for the betterment of the National economy as a whole, and to also use the initiative to eradicate joblessness among citizens.

In a bid to ensure availability of stable food to all residents of Akwa Ibom State at affordable prices, Pastor Umo Eno's Leadership Model will be using all agencies and apparatuses of government in projecting effectiveness of farming to the rural and urban dwellers.

He will also create more agencies that will help the Government in funding farmers, especially young farmers, to establish commercial farms.

There will be focus on Micro- Franchising: This model allows beneficiaries of the A.R.S.E. program to own their individual businesses through small-scale partnership and business-based authorization.

Here, individuals will be enabled and supported to start their farming businesses for the meeting of certain needs in the marketplace. It allows for start-ups in other parts of the country to consider doing business with the ones domiciled in the Akwa Ibom State.

The question of unemployment depends largely on the employability of the jobless. This is why the A.R.I.S.E agenda has a programme designed to equip youths with requisite skill-sets for diverse industries through farming.

The Pastor Umo Eno-led Government, having studied functional prototypes in emerging economies of the world, is aware that industrial farming, was developed to encourage the formation of industry clusters through farming all over the world.

So, the agricultural agenda Government will empower citizens into industrial farming that will help provide raw materials for the industries.

A.R.I.S.E programme in the state, will cover significant grounds spanning agriculture, finance, legal solutions, fashion and clothing, publishing and advertising, ICT and Data management.

But Agriculture is key because it has proven itself an effective tool for employment generation and a viable option for wealth creation.

Through its hands-on capacity building framework, the A.R.I.S.E. agenda will spearhead the acquisition and utilization of skills and building of career entrepreneurs.
The young people off the streets through trainings, partnerships, franchise schemes, internship opportunities and targeted enterprise development schemes in the Agricultural sub-sector.

(1) (Reply)

Make Youth Inclusion, Development Parts Of ECOWAS Agenda - ECOWAS Youth Council / Fuel Subsidy: Akwa Ibom Govt To Partner Innoson Motors / Bringing Light To The Blind In Nigeria: A Spotlight On Dr. Kamal Umar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.