Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,713 members, 7,820,494 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

Awujale Walked Daniel Out Of His Palace! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awujale Walked Daniel Out Of His Palace! (3146 Views)

Kano Emir Welcomes Peter Obi To His Palace (Photos) / 2023: Asiwaju Tinubu Visits Awujale, Tells Him About His Ambition / Dethroned Emir Sanusi's Emotional Farewell At His Palace Balcony (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Awujale Walked Daniel Out Of His Palace! by Marcus07: 1:45pm On Jul 20, 2023
Awujale walked Daniel out of his palace!

I wish to state that I was disappointed, though not surprised, by the developments at the palace of the Awujale of Ijebuland earlier today, Thursday, June 29, during the visit of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu to the royal father as part of his activities in consulting and interfacing with critical stakeholders in the State.

Prominent indigenes of the State led by a former Governor and elder statesman, Aremo Olusegun Osoba, had earlier visited the palace and later left for the MKO Abiola Stadium to receive the President and follow him back to the palace. But shortly after he left, a former governor and Senator representing Ogun East Senatorial District, Otunba Gbenga Daniel who was not officially invited to welcome the President, walked in and went straight to the living room of the Awujale where, quite naturally, there was a sitting arrangement for dignitaries with accompanying name tags. Daniel wasn't on the protocol list of Awujale to receive the President. That was the reason no seat was reserved for him. But he gate-crashed and imposed himself on the palace.

The seats were in the order of protocol, namely the Deputy Governor, who represented the Governor at the event, followed by Baba Olusegun Osoba, then the Akarigbo of Remo and Chairman of the Ogun State Council of Obas, among others. But to the surprise of everyone, including the paramount ruler of Ijebuland, the Awujale, Oba Sikiru Adetona, who is the host, Daniel audaciously removed the tag attached to the seat specially reserved for Baba Olusegun Osoba and sat on the seat. The unconscionable move left everyone present completely stunned.

Swiftly, and to the admiration of many, Baba Awujale, in his no-nonsense manner, called Daniel to order.

But, taking the fully deserved royal rebuke as an affront, the Awujale urged him to walk out of the palace. Daniel angrily stormed out of the palace and the compound to wait for the entourage of Mr President, which he eventually used as a face-saving tactic to come back into the palace.

I was personally watching him from my vantage position at the palace when the President eventually arrived, and the senator couldn't find a befitting place to sit among the dignitaries. But for the intervention of Governor Dapo Abiodun who asked one of his staff to organize a sear for him, he would have stood up throughout the event. Even at that, Daniel still looked terribly dejected and obviously angry and could not get the impulse of the tongue-in-cheek statement made by the President about him that day. Dapo Abiodun hasn't seen anything compared to his treacherous behaviour toward President Bola Ahmed Tinubu during the Alliance for Democracy days and when he eventually assumed office as the PDP Governor of Ogun State.

Yes, that is always the fate of charlatans, who seek to run a deadly race to the top without any recourse to decency and ethical standards.
As an Oba, I felt diminished by Daniel's utter lack of decorum. Having experienced his political perversity for eight years and knowing his unstable disposition in the larger national politics, I was not, as I asserted earlier, shocked by his shameless public show. Gbenga Daniel typically aspires towards all that is dark and devious.

With his arrogant move to denigrate a revered personality like Aremo Osoba and treat old age with such contempt, Daniel exposed himself as an irritant and desperate power monger.

Re: Awujale Walked Daniel Out Of His Palace! by LagosFirstSon: 1:47pm On Jul 20, 2023
Yoruba play politics of bitterness more than any other tribe in Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: Awujale Walked Daniel Out Of His Palace! by helinues: 1:48pm On Jul 20, 2023
Daniel never see shomething

This is just the beginning
Re: Awujale Walked Daniel Out Of His Palace! by LagosFirstSon: 1:50pm On Jul 20, 2023
helinues:

But I thought you guys said that Yoruba don't play politics of bitterness?

So why are you people disgracing one of your own , otunba Gbenga Daniel to the amusement of other tribes of Nigeria ?

4 Likes

Re: Awujale Walked Daniel Out Of His Palace! by helinues: 1:52pm On Jul 20, 2023
LagosFirstSon:

So why are you people disgracing one of your own , otunba Gbenga Daniel to the amusement of other tribes of Nigeria ?

Don't ask me dumbo question.

Whatever Daniel might be going through now is something I have narrated before.

You self know say no be today, Alien 👽 inspired thoughts always at Standby

1 Like

Re: Awujale Walked Daniel Out Of His Palace! by Jostoman: 1:53pm On Jul 20, 2023
helinues:

but he is an APC senator now.

1 Like

Re: Awujale Walked Daniel Out Of His Palace! by Jostoman: 1:54pm On Jul 20, 2023
Na APC matter e no concern us.
Re: Awujale Walked Daniel Out Of His Palace! by yinkus6750(m): 1:54pm On Jul 20, 2023
But as a former governor and current senator in the state, he deserves a place in the gathering..even if he wasn't on protocol list, a seat could have been gotten for him.
Tho I don't support his action.
Awujakes was very right, Kabiyeeesiii ooo.

2 Likes

Re: Awujale Walked Daniel Out Of His Palace! by TemplarLandry: 1:59pm On Jul 20, 2023
Fake newz.
Re: Awujale Walked Daniel Out Of His Palace! by muykem: 2:18pm On Jul 20, 2023
LagosFirstSon:
That is not bitterness but pure local politics. Daniel and Dapo are fighting for the leadership of the party so they want president recognition.
Re: Awujale Walked Daniel Out Of His Palace! by Entprys(m): 2:27pm On Jul 20, 2023
LagosFirstSon:

I heard Daniel is an Urobo man. Mum Ijebu
Re: Awujale Walked Daniel Out Of His Palace! by iammo23: 3:00pm On Jul 20, 2023
Awujale na former soldier... He doesn't care. Even Obasanjo don't mess with him
Re: Awujale Walked Daniel Out Of His Palace! by LagosFirstSon: 3:07pm On Jul 20, 2023
helinues:

Don't ask me dumbo question.

Whatever Daniel might be going through now is something I have narrated before.

You self know say no be today, Alien 👽 inspired thoughts always at Standby
Just dey play you hear 😂 😂 😂
Re: Awujale Walked Daniel Out Of His Palace! by Tommydare(m): 3:35pm On Jul 20, 2023
Continue deceiving yourself
LagosFirstSon:
Re: Awujale Walked Daniel Out Of His Palace! by Poisonousman: 4:23pm On Jul 20, 2023
iammo23:
Awujale na former soldier... He doesn't care. Even Obasanjo don't mess with him
See rubbish talk.. make him go breath for where obj dey naaa.. make them send the yeye man to him ancestors.. you think say obj naaa tinubu weh dey misbehave .. your assertion is dead on arrival.. Mr liar

1 Like

Re: Awujale Walked Daniel Out Of His Palace! by iammo23: 4:31pm On Jul 20, 2023
Poisonousman:

See rubbish talk.. make him go breath for where obj dey naaa.. make them send the yeye man to him ancestors.. you think say obj naaa tinubu weh dey misbehave .. your assertion is dead on arrival.. Mr liar

You are probably an Ibo kid that doesn't understand how things work

Even Obasanjo bows for Awujale upon meeting him Google the Internet and see clearly

Awujale isn't by any chance Obasanjo's mate

3 Likes

Re: Awujale Walked Daniel Out Of His Palace! by MrColdsweat: 5:24pm On Jul 20, 2023
LagosFirstSon:
It was this crisis that started a chain reaction that led to the military seizing power.

1 Like

Re: Awujale Walked Daniel Out Of His Palace! by astonished: 7:22pm On Jul 20, 2023
Poisonousman:

Who be OBJ for heirachy of Yoruba leaders? You must be an Igbo boy who worship anything that's against Yoruba interest.

OBJ that never won his polling unit since democracy in Nigeria, meaning he can't even gathered 100 Yorubas as his supporters.

OBJ has since lost his relevant and no Yoruba rate him, and he's no anywhere recognize as Yoruba leaders in the scheme power in Nigeria today, even by North.

They know Yoruba don't like him from the beginning, he can only write a letter and bark that's all.

So make na rest, forgot his military background and come to really.

Anybody or Institution who trade with OBJ as Yoruba just patronize quack and buy fake product.
Re: Awujale Walked Daniel Out Of His Palace! by imam07: 9:42pm On Jul 20, 2023
LagosFirstSon:

u are still a kid. U can't understand. Are telling me this kind of thing no dey happen everywhere abi what are u telling us here. U can call it what u like because of your hate. Yorubas do call a spade a spade. We have discipline and culture. U read what is written about how he gate crash. He was not invited and he got in unannounced. U are here saying politics of bitterness. Stop putting your mouth in what dat does not concern you. Did u hear anything like fighting or killing others like what us common in your side. He was asked to excuse them and u called that politics of bitterness. Nah hate go kill u.
Re: Awujale Walked Daniel Out Of His Palace! by honeyB2018: 11:12pm On Jul 20, 2023
imam07:
u are still a kid. U can't understand. Are telling me this kind of thing no dey happen everywhere abi what are u telling us here. U can call it what u like because of your hate. Yorubas do call a spade a spade. We have discipline and culture. U read what is written about how he gate crash. He was not invited and he got in unannounced. U are here saying politics of bitterness. Stop putting your mouth in what dat does not concern you. Did u hear anything like fighting or killing others like what us common in your side. He was asked to excuse them and u called that politics of bitterness. Nah hate go kill u.

Why is it that any opposing views to any write up by a Yoruba man, is always attributed to the IGBOS?
Does it mean that it's all Yorubas that are on the same page with what any Yoruba man says? I'm baffled at the rate of hatred for the IGBOS by thesd Yoruba people.
Check out the response to this post, any contrary view is always believed to have come from an Igboman, when it's not true.
Hatred and sentiments can't take you to anywhere, instead it further divides the would be unity between the two tribes. That's why the Hausa-Fulanis are having hay days in the politics of Nigeria.
Yes, OGD, may have gate crashed, but he's one of the leaders in Ogun State,by extension, Yoruba land. A space would have been created for him, just to show politics without bitterness. All of you, are craving for the recognition of Tinubu, but if the table turns against him tomorrow, will you all still struggle to have his ears?
This is not what is wanted now. There should be no permanent enemies, rather intrest in politics.

(1) (Reply)

Contact Addresses For FG Sponsored Autogas Conversion In Nigeria / Nuhu Ribadu Testifies In Front Of U.s Financial Services Committee / Vagabonds Want To Succeed Me---Daniel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.