Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,162 members, 7,829,158 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Hardship: 'Borrow Atiku's Plan' - Deji Adeyanju Begs Tinubu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hardship: 'Borrow Atiku's Plan' - Deji Adeyanju Begs Tinubu (24177 Views)

“Jonathan Had No Shoes, You Sold Firewood’ – Nigerians React To Atiku Plan / Full Text Of Atiku's Plan For Nigeria / Shehui Sanni Reacts To Atiku's Plan To Sell 90% Of NNPC If Elected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hardship: 'Borrow Atiku's Plan' - Deji Adeyanju Begs Tinubu by omohayek: 9:04am On Jul 21, 2023
This is just colossally stupid whining. How does Adeyanju know that Tinubu isn't planning to sell off the refineries? Has Tinubu said he wasn't willing to do so? Does Adeyanju think selling off the state-run refineries can be done at a whim, within the span of 60 days? And even if the refineries are sold off tomorrow, does this clown think private investors will require mere days to turn them into highly efficient enterprises that can produce refined outputs so efficiently that they can undercut the prices from huge refiners in the USA, Brazil and the like?

There are so many inanities packed into this buffoon's rhetoric, but sadly the utter senselessness of what he has to say doesn't really matter, given the low level of education and intelligence of the disaffected hordes who will eat this rubbish up. The harsh reality Nigerians refuse to accept is that no matter who won the election, nobody would have been able to avoid total and immediate abolition of the subsidy, as debt servicing was already eating up so much of the FG's revenue that no one would have lent the country any more money to waste on subsidies. All the Obi and Atiku supporters pretending that there was some magical middle way with "partial" abolition ( as meaningless as "partial pregnancy" ) or "palliatives" (with what money from a government already struggling to service its loans) are either shameless liars or outright stupid fantasists - their candidates would have faced the exact same dilemma, and would have been forced to the exact same measures.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hardship: 'Borrow Atiku's Plan' - Deji Adeyanju Begs Tinubu by Hezzyluv: 9:04am On Jul 21, 2023
OfeAchi:
I beg to differ. We're not in this together

U're outside 9ja?? I c...
Re: Hardship: 'Borrow Atiku's Plan' - Deji Adeyanju Begs Tinubu by Nononsense247: 9:05am On Jul 21, 2023
seborrhic:

The same scam sold 8 years on:Buhari is the best thing they claimed.He had also planned and dreamt of the presidency for 16 years.
When he finally achieved it,for 6 months he didn't have a clue on what to do.When pressure now pushed him to sit down and govern,he just started dishing out policies in reverse, because he couldn't give what he didn't have.
Tinubu they said is a first class technocrat,so good that all the best hands and best brains in governance have been picked by him.A Mobil oil executive of many years.This one had dreamt,paid and planned for the presidency ever since he completed his governorship.
He finally won the presidency and in just two months,he is looking like another big time scam they lied to gullible Nigerians about and used propaganda to push down the throats of the gullible.
Unlike what they sold,just like in Buhari's case, Tinubu is already showing he doesn't have the capacity to not only govern Nigeria,but the whole garbage of him being a technocrat and economic guru,was just what it was,pure bunkum!
Oga go sit down ... With this damaged country na two years ago sort am... Or most people no go feel the heat when good change is to be effected .. no pain no gain... No dey deceive yourself... We have to go through it together.... The masses must first feel it ..
Re: Hardship: 'Borrow Atiku's Plan' - Deji Adeyanju Begs Tinubu by Fugazy2023: 9:07am On Jul 21, 2023
INVINCIBLECSP1:

Look at this one. Suffering and smiling. An average Yoruba Muslim is bereft of sense just like their lord and saviour Bola Ahmed Thiéfnubu SMH

Baba, do you know me? How you take know say I'm suffering? I sympathise with you on your suffering but not everyone is like you biko
Re: Hardship: 'Borrow Atiku's Plan' - Deji Adeyanju Begs Tinubu by vincenteger: 9:07am On Jul 21, 2023
Borrow what nii

I thought we are waiting for tribunal
Wait until court decide b4 borrowing any idea
Re: Hardship: 'Borrow Atiku's Plan' - Deji Adeyanju Begs Tinubu by stepaside1: 9:09am On Jul 21, 2023
Deji's comments are largely uninformed. Same Atiku sold many of our national assets as Vice President. Has he done a post mortem on where we are with those sales? Yes, the refineries should be sold because they are laggards but due diligence has to be done first in this order - remove subsidy, deregulate downstream sector, encourage private refineries such as Dangote Refinery to come on stream in the shortest possible time, complete ongoing rehabilitation of PortHarcourt Refinery, sell off all govt owned refineries at competitive prices, allow market forces to control prices but with strong regulatory oversight etc

3 Likes

Re: Hardship: 'Borrow Atiku's Plan' - Deji Adeyanju Begs Tinubu by grandstar(m): 9:10am On Jul 21, 2023
This is the most nonsensical post I have seen this month.

Why do people believe it is only when the refineries are working that the subsidy be removed?

It changes nothing. It is based on the myth that refined crude oil produced locally will be so dirt cheap that a subsidy won't be required.

It is delusional

5 Likes

Re: Hardship: 'Borrow Atiku's Plan' - Deji Adeyanju Begs Tinubu by OriOko88(m): 9:11am On Jul 21, 2023
PDP is d best for naija when it comes to policy implementation. Jonathan really goofec for reneging power yo APC on a platter of gold in 2015. I miss obj days

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hardship: 'Borrow Atiku's Plan' - Deji Adeyanju Begs Tinubu by bjdon: 9:11am On Jul 21, 2023
I hope you people can now see why it's so important that presidential candidates TURN UP FOR DEBATES. A candidate that can't come out and debate their plans for governance, is a candidate with no plan. Simple

In future if you vote any candidate that did not bother to come and debate, na your toro be that.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hardship: 'Borrow Atiku's Plan' - Deji Adeyanju Begs Tinubu by beyep: 9:14am On Jul 21, 2023
U mean selling all the govt asset while bringing in a 3rd party he owns as the buyer.

Lol the old people need to go

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hardship: 'Borrow Atiku's Plan' - Deji Adeyanju Begs Tinubu by SmartyPants(m): 9:14am On Jul 21, 2023
Kukutenla:
I must agree though that Atiku since 2019 had a clear cut plan of how to wean the nation off subsidy unlike Baba Blu who never outlined a plan and kept running from interviews and debates while his supporters kept urging him on..... Here we are now

Nigerians will never admit it but the real victim of tribalism and the politics of bigotry was Atiku. That man had the best policies and I've always said that. Unfortunately, he too played the politics of bigotry which was where he lost me.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hardship: 'Borrow Atiku's Plan' - Deji Adeyanju Begs Tinubu by Mccullum: 9:14am On Jul 21, 2023
It's too early to be judging Tinubu's administration, the suffering is too much to Nigerians,

I agreed, was it until when Nigerian economy turns to that of Venezuela or Bangladesh the

government will now do the needful? That's the best decision a reasonable leader can make

while solving the effects of subsidy removal gradually.
Re: Hardship: 'Borrow Atiku's Plan' - Deji Adeyanju Begs Tinubu by beyep: 9:15am On Jul 21, 2023
Mccullum:
It's too early to be judging Tinubu's administration, the suffering is too much to Nigerians,

I agreed, was it until when Nigerian economy turns to that of Venezuela or Bangladesh the

government will now do the needful? That's the best decision a reasonable leader can make

while solving the effects of subsidy removal gradually.
its was too early to renew the shege guy rest
Re: Hardship: 'Borrow Atiku's Plan' - Deji Adeyanju Begs Tinubu by SmartyPants(m): 9:16am On Jul 21, 2023
omohayek:
This is just colossally stupid whining. How does Adeyanju know that Tinubu isn't planning to sell off the refineries? Has Tinubu said he wasn't willing to do so? Does Adeyanju think selling off the state-run refineries can be done at a whim, within the span of 60 days? And even if the refineries are sold off tomorrow, does this clown think private investors will require mere days to turn them into highly efficient enterprises that can produce refined outputs so efficiently that they can undercut the prices from huge refiners in the USA, Brazil and the like?

There are so many inanities packed into this buffoon's rhetoric, but sadly the utter senselessness of what he has to say doesn't really matter, given the low level of education and intelligence of the disaffected hordes who will eat this rubbish up. The harsh reality Nigerians refuse to accept is that no matter who won the election, nobody would have been able to avoid total and immediate abolition of the subsidy, as debt servicing was already eating up so much of the FG's revenue that no one would have lent the country any more money to waste on subsidies. All the Obi and Atiku supporters pretending that there was some magical middle way with "partial" abolition ( as meaningless as "partial pregnancy" ) or "palliatives" (with what money from a government already struggling to service its loans) are either shameless liars or outright stupid fantasists - their candidates would have faced the exact same dilemma, and would have been forced to the exact same measures.

If Tinubu wanted to sell the refineries, by now they would have started the bidding process. On the contrary, they have started repairs to one of the refineries indicating that government will continue to run them. You also missed an important part of Adeyanju's statement, which is that rightly or wrongly, they should bring back the fuel subsidy until the refineries are working.

3 Likes

Re: Hardship: 'Borrow Atiku's Plan' - Deji Adeyanju Begs Tinubu by Ikpunnegi01: 9:17am On Jul 21, 2023
The agbado mulching comrade had started crying already! its just starting, una go dey alright las las! Shegé just dey start..

2 Likes

Re: Hardship: 'Borrow Atiku's Plan' - Deji Adeyanju Begs Tinubu by donmik: 9:19am On Jul 21, 2023
LagosFirstSon:
Tinubu is clueless right now , he doesn't know what to do to save his already disgraced self and his bad policies since inception as illegitimate president

He needs help and needs it real quick before Nigeria economy sink to an all time low

He knows what to do but only does what will feed his pocket the more and leave the masses to worse suffering.
He said he was continuing from where his brother stopped na.
Just imagine less than two months in office and we don't know What next could befall our economic prospect

1 Like

Re: Hardship: 'Borrow Atiku's Plan' - Deji Adeyanju Begs Tinubu by HRMK: 9:19am On Jul 21, 2023
nobody has the monopoly of wisdom!even the so called good idea of atiku is not the best the best option!!
Re: Hardship: 'Borrow Atiku's Plan' - Deji Adeyanju Begs Tinubu by lexy2014: 9:20am On Jul 21, 2023
LagosFirstSon:
Tinubu is clueless right now , he doesn't know what to do to save his already disgraced self and his bad policies since inception as illegitimate president

He needs help and needs it real quick before Nigeria economy sink to an all time low

I thought they said he is the world's best strategist who has "master plan"?

1 Like

Re: Hardship: 'Borrow Atiku's Plan' - Deji Adeyanju Begs Tinubu by jrusky(m): 9:22am On Jul 21, 2023
Deji so you have moved to Atiku side now?

So as Atiku my party flagbearer sold almost everything that belongs to Nigeria and still want to sell the left over is the best way to you?

Deji dodging away from problem using easy way out method always ends in doom and this is what put Nigeria into these mess. If Buhari had been bold enough to remove susidy despite those making hell of money through it were begging him to remove it that they have make so much money and are tired of making money all these issue will have come and gone since.

Deji I thought you get sense small before but you goofed on this. So we should sell all our refinery baa? Ok na.
Re: Hardship: 'Borrow Atiku's Plan' - Deji Adeyanju Begs Tinubu by lexy2014: 9:22am On Jul 21, 2023
SmartyPants:

If Tinubu wanted to sell the refineries, by now they would have started the bidding process. On the contrary, they have started repairs to one of the refineries indicating that government will continue to run them. You also missed an important part of Adeyanju's statement, which is that rightly or wrongly, they should bring back the fuel subsidy until the refineries are working.

They have started repairs on the refineries? grin cheesy cheesy when did they start repairs on d refineries?

1 Like

Re: Hardship: 'Borrow Atiku's Plan' - Deji Adeyanju Begs Tinubu by Image123(m): 9:23am On Jul 21, 2023
This fellow needs help, he must be mentally stressed. Selling refineries is not the solution to pump price duh. Nigeria is still among the world's cheapest petrol/litre. We sold NEPA and NITEL. Is data less expensive today or electricity? What needs to be done is already being done. There's no way subsidy will be removed and the impact not felt. It's SUBSIDY right? But things will only get better by the year by God's grace.
Tinubu is on the best path humanly possible.
Re: Hardship: 'Borrow Atiku's Plan' - Deji Adeyanju Begs Tinubu by nairalanda1(m): 9:26am On Jul 21, 2023
Problem with atiku plan is that at the end of the day, it basically means government would be spending increasing amounts on subsidy because at the end the companies that bought the refineries need to see return on investment

It is like Nigerians don't get it. For a refinery to work it has to make profit. Subsidy limits the ability of refineries to make profit

Besides it is basically what Buhari and his predecessors did without the selling refineries bit

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hardship: 'Borrow Atiku's Plan' - Deji Adeyanju Begs Tinubu by grandstar(m): 9:26am On Jul 21, 2023
omohayek:

My bros, the only reason why they want the NNPC refineries working is based on the myth that products refined locally will be so dirt cheap that there'd be no need for a subsidy. It is extremely delusional.

I don't even know why they are crying more than the bereaved. Atiku hasn't come out crying that the refineries be fixed first. He does not want to shoot himself in the foot in the event Tinubu victory is overturned by the courts.

I challenged some proponents of this myth that no economist I know supports it. Utomi, Soludo and Lamido Sanusi have always supported the end of this wasteful subsidy without first having to fix the refineries.

Peter Drucker, the management sage said "People prefer to use the word guru as charlatan is more difficult to spell."

The "lie" too is easier to spell than the "truth."

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hardship: 'Borrow Atiku's Plan' - Deji Adeyanju Begs Tinubu by Creamcrest(m): 9:26am On Jul 21, 2023
ScrapMetals:

I am a scrap metal buyer . Please Tinubu sell the useless scrap refineries to me . I can buy them and melt all the shittty metals there
Mtcheeew...

We can only sell to you cash and carry.

No credit buying.
Re: Hardship: 'Borrow Atiku's Plan' - Deji Adeyanju Begs Tinubu by Azularis: 9:27am On Jul 21, 2023
Our problem in this country is spiritual!

1 Like

Re: Hardship: 'Borrow Atiku's Plan' - Deji Adeyanju Begs Tinubu by famology(m): 9:28am On Jul 21, 2023
Make una shut up jooor. Na who nor dey house dey beat police.
Re: Hardship: 'Borrow Atiku's Plan' - Deji Adeyanju Begs Tinubu by beejay85: 9:29am On Jul 21, 2023
FuglyGurl:

https://twitter.com/adeyanjudeji/status/1681294059732881409?t=SBxC41EPyc-eqbTkMYsOpw&s=19
Rather tell us how companies (NEPA,NITEL) etc sold off and privatised by OBJ and Atiku to their cronies faring today?
Re: Hardship: 'Borrow Atiku's Plan' - Deji Adeyanju Begs Tinubu by kingthreat(m): 9:32am On Jul 21, 2023
Only reason I supported subsidy removal is because I thought Dangote refinery was about to kickstart.
BUT WE WERE SCAMMED.
Re: Hardship: 'Borrow Atiku's Plan' - Deji Adeyanju Begs Tinubu by uniquelyspecial(m): 9:35am On Jul 21, 2023
Hezzyluv:
Deji Adeyanju say and I quote "There should be no arrogance in solving Nation's problem"

I like this comment. But what do I know? Deji Adeyanju is just a nominal IPOB terrorist. Since anyone who point out errors in president Tinubu's subsidy approach is tagged as one.

But, WE'RE all in this.
APC supporters and non.
God help us in the coming days because, the shege people go c will soon wear Agbada/Babariga
It has always being their way right from the days if Buhari. Once you speak again the incompetence of the APC, they tag you IPOB and the nicer ones tag you Igbo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hardship: 'Borrow Atiku's Plan' - Deji Adeyanju Begs Tinubu by RexTramadol1: 9:37am On Jul 21, 2023
Tbvh Atiku was the best candidate and the best plan to move the nation forward on paper but Tinubu had a better plan to win the elections (maybe not how to turn the country around per se).

But hopefully, BAT will get it all right.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Paden: Buhari Has Incriminating Evidence To Jail Jonathan / Army Appoints Shaibu Ibrahim As NYSC DG, Redeploys Kazaure / Labour Party Rejects Odigbo, Cautions Pat Utomi On Appointments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.