Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,292 members, 7,811,874 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:53 PM

Whats The Worst Experience You've Had At A Job? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Whats The Worst Experience You've Had At A Job? (10105 Views)

What's Your Worst Experience with online marketers / What Is The Cleverest Salary Negotiation You've Had? / Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats The Worst Experience You've Had At A Job? by Jackossky(m): 10:14pm On Jul 20, 2023
Hi bosses in the house

I'm delving into the corporate space and I want to play it smart. Learn from mistakes and maybe, take one or two advice from the experience shared

Prospective employees can also find this beneficial too

What's the worst experience you've had at a job?

7 Likes

Re: Whats The Worst Experience You've Had At A Job? by kokoBoii: 12:56pm On Jul 21, 2023
grin

4 Likes

Re: Whats The Worst Experience You've Had At A Job? by Mrchuwuma(m): 12:57pm On Jul 21, 2023
Just be you, try to put in your best,
No eye service.. most importantly no do becacuse emma do it might back fire peace and good luck

19 Likes

Re: Whats The Worst Experience You've Had At A Job? by BabaIbo: 12:58pm On Jul 21, 2023
They both happened in Lagos, and the jobs were both teaching jobs.

The first one was in a school somewhere in ibejulekki, but I will talk more on the second one because I got paid off without stress in the first one.

The story goes thus, the day after the schools final inter house sports training(heat) was a public holiday and it's normal for workers to stay at home that day.
So, immediately after the training that day I went home(since it's already 5pm and the closing time is 3om normally) while others went back to school before leaving for their various homes.

So, I dressed up as usual and headed to work the next Monday which is the next working day.

Me: Good morning, Mrs Afolabi...
Mrs Afolabi: Good morning, Mr XYZ, why did you miss work last week Friday?

Me: Friday was a public holiday and it was expected workers are to stay at home.
Mrs Afolabi: Turn back and go home, you are under suspension for 2 weeks.

Me: Smiles, suspension ke? As the school owner or someone higher than me in role/qualifications?
Anyway, tell madam that since there is no proper job/roles descriptions in this place that made you to be saying such to me, I won't have any need for the suspension because I have resigned.
Me wey be BSC holder, you wey be either NCE/HND dey follow me yarn non$ense because of job situation in the country.
I told her I will be coming for my salary as at when due.

So, I left the school premise.

Meanwhile, I have already heard a lot of stories about how the woman(school owner) does alongside her secretary.

Fast forward to the day I'm to go and collect my money, I have these street guys I do buy things for once in a while at one bet 9ja shop when I go there to watch highlight or match.
I told them the story, they were like "bro, you have been good to us, it is time for us to be good to you too."

Na so them follow me go o, we got to the street where the school is located, they hanged around at a point to observe what is going on and come to my aid if there is any need for it.

I entered the place, greeted the secretary, told her I came for my last month salary, since I already gave her like 3 weeks.

She said no money, omoh laugh wan finish me.
Next thing, the school owner entered and I greeted her and asked her the same thing, she told me no salary, I was like, I will spend one full month like that and one human will tell me no salary.

I won't accept such thing, next thing her son that just returned from UK, entered and told me to leave.
I ignored him totally. Meanwhile the woman was about going out, so I followed him out of the compound, at least that is safer for me since those guys may not know what is going on inside the compound.

I never knew the woman had the plan to go and call her domestic staff at home to come bundle me inside the car and take me home, where she will order them to mend me before taking me to the station.

As I saw about 6 guys coming, na so I raise my voice, my men wey dey observe saw that and had my back, it turned to a big and serious issue o.

Police were invited and we went to the station, at the station the officer that was supposed to take our statements started taking her side and talking to me anyhow, saying it is because my parents are rich that is why I am misbehaving, that if not I will take whatever they give me.

At a point, I had to beg this woman to end the case because I was already fed up, but she was determined to mess me up.

So, I had no option than to use my connect, I place a call to one AIG I know, who assured me to reach out to him whenever anyone want to cheat me or maltreat me unjustly and I should ensure I am at the right side.

Na so I call the man, he asked me the state, the lcda, the area and the station name.

In few minutes, we were told the dco wants to see us, the dco first threaten me to make it look like nothing happened, he said I should be charged for public disturbance, the woman and her kid should be charged for assault, attempt to kidnap and one other charge like that.

Naso table take turn, the woman and the officer wey been dey jam talk and one unbiased officer come dey beg me sey make I drop the case o.
I said NO, that we are going to court on Monday. Actually, it was initial gragra from my side because na my full payment I need.

At that point, my dad and my uncle called me separately to tell me to drop the case, that they will pay me the money.
I told them I have heard, but I did my mind by insisting on the case after I dropped the calls.

Finally, I was approached again by the neutral officer, who assured me that they will bring my money right away and I will confirm it.

So, I said OK fine by me, the woman was told to give me my money, she called someone and in minutes my money was brought to me in a white envelope, which I counted and confirmed.

I told them I am done with the case and I want it dropped, we ended it.

Omoh, you have to see the way other former workers there wey been don get salaries to collect but don't know how to do that stormed the school the next day to collect their money and YES they were all paid and they were paid in full.

Even those working there, called me to hail me on how I taught the woman a good lesson, I think the woman is notorious for holding on to her workers salaries.

That is past now.

131 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Whats The Worst Experience You've Had At A Job? by Irupetepete: 12:58pm On Jul 21, 2023
grin

1 Like

Re: Whats The Worst Experience You've Had At A Job? by kernniejay(m): 12:58pm On Jul 21, 2023
I once had a boss that will tell lie on you to your face.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whats The Worst Experience You've Had At A Job? by PJtech: 12:58pm On Jul 21, 2023
T

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whats The Worst Experience You've Had At A Job? by lolu2019: 12:59pm On Jul 21, 2023
co-workers attitude to work
Re: Whats The Worst Experience You've Had At A Job? by Dimaya: 12:59pm On Jul 21, 2023
In this video: the craziest job stories you've never heard, a Nigerian graduate shares her experience applying for jobs, dodging job scams and escaping kidnappers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJXDFg0DCxU

2 Likes

Re: Whats The Worst Experience You've Had At A Job? by WEALTHYLADYTIME(f): 1:00pm On Jul 21, 2023
SOME COMPANIES IN AFRICA TREATS THEIR STAFFS LIKE SLAVES AND IT SO BAD.

I AM YET TO UNDERSTAND WHAT PRES TINUBU AND HIS GOVERNMENT WANT TO DO TO HELP POOR NIGERIANS,

I BELIEVE HE CAN SEE AND HEAR THAT SUFFERING AND HARDSHIP HAVE INCREASED IN THE COUNTRY.

OR IS IT UNTIL PEOPLE START FAINTING AND DYEING ON THE STREETS OF NIGERIA BEFORE HE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE HUNGER IN NIGERIA.

JESUS IS LORD

WEALTH IS GOOD.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whats The Worst Experience You've Had At A Job? by BigDawsNet: 1:00pm On Jul 21, 2023
Hmm..

Was young in my early IT internship days...
I got to work early as usual and discovered it was an environment day.. so I had to stick around somewher before 10am.. while waiting a lady colleague show up and we were both stranded...

She later suggested we go inside one hotel very close to the company... I was like hotel? She's was young but very mature... she replied! Anything wrong in that? ...I said nope...

We got inside.. and I was looking like a complete novice... she order some drinks and we sit at the bar.. looking like very underage thing! ... the hotel staffs were looking at us like dey are watching season film...

We spent some hours in d bar just drinking softs drinks and we left to resume at work later run... omo I was young and it was weird for me den...

Anything I remember I go just dey laff😎

7 Likes

Re: Whats The Worst Experience You've Had At A Job? by nautybride: 1:00pm On Jul 21, 2023
Good luck
Re: Whats The Worst Experience You've Had At A Job? by Tonytonex(m): 1:00pm On Jul 21, 2023
No comments yet?
And it's already on fp?

2 Likes

Re: Whats The Worst Experience You've Had At A Job? by kingphilip(m): 1:01pm On Jul 21, 2023
Do all your job description said without complaints and distraction.

Follow how it should be done meticulously and not anyhow as your colleagues may be doing it.

As someone said above, don't do what is against the policy because someone else is doing it, he may escape punishment but you might not.

Avoid unnecessary excuses to be late or absent or to go for leave, it causes you not to be taken serious when other important engagements come up that you may need the excuse.

8 Likes

Re: Whats The Worst Experience You've Had At A Job? by salbis(m): 1:01pm On Jul 21, 2023
My worst experience was having a very toxic boss. The said boss was simply a dream killer.

He was later made to exit the organization unprepared.

1 Like

Re: Whats The Worst Experience You've Had At A Job? by slawomir: 1:01pm On Jul 21, 2023
Damnnn niggar
Grab my weed to read
Re: Whats The Worst Experience You've Had At A Job? by geesilver(m): 1:02pm On Jul 21, 2023
Colleagues accusing you of using jazz to gain favour and love from people.

1 Like

Re: Whats The Worst Experience You've Had At A Job? by Ay92(m): 1:02pm On Jul 21, 2023
Tribalism
Re: Whats The Worst Experience You've Had At A Job? by QuinModah(f): 1:03pm On Jul 21, 2023
grin
Jackossky:
Hi bosses in the house

I'm delving into the corporate space and I want to play it smart. Learn from mistakes and maybe, take one or two advice from the experience shared

Prospective employees can also find this beneficial too

What's the worst experience you've had at a job?
Re: Whats The Worst Experience You've Had At A Job? by Jalaw: 1:03pm On Jul 21, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Grab my weed to read

Ok
Re: Whats The Worst Experience You've Had At A Job? by illicit(m): 1:05pm On Jul 21, 2023
I am coming...
Re: Whats The Worst Experience You've Had At A Job? by Honourable1901(m): 1:06pm On Jul 21, 2023
Nobody is your friend, not every nice gestures are real, they want something in return, it could be your seat or your problem

8 Likes

Re: Whats The Worst Experience You've Had At A Job? by Lannyjoe4u: 1:07pm On Jul 21, 2023
Wa
Re: Whats The Worst Experience You've Had At A Job? by PPIA: 1:08pm On Jul 21, 2023
There was a girl that the boss turned her into his daily cum bucket at the office.
He even had an inner room in his office where he kept a mattress on the floor.
She didn't like it at first but was later ok with it because of the financial benefits she was getting from the predatory boss.

The boss became the almighty king of her pussy and he fvcked it left, right and center, slow, fast, hard, soft. Infact he did to it whatever he wanted.
And this naive pussy he fvcked happily ever after.

The End. cool

3 Likes

Re: Whats The Worst Experience You've Had At A Job? by Diligent1(f): 1:09pm On Jul 21, 2023
Get to work on time, do your work diligently and don't gossip,

8 Likes

Re: Whats The Worst Experience You've Had At A Job? by Mindlog: 1:12pm On Jul 21, 2023
My first time working with a teenager who was suicidal, though managing such was what I studied in school but my first experience knocked me off. Here was a 16 year old who attempted suicide at least twice a day and I was calling regularly calling in the police and paramedics. I dreaded going to work during the first week. sad

5 Likes

Re: Whats The Worst Experience You've Had At A Job? by alphaconde(m): 1:14pm On Jul 21, 2023
encouraged a colleague to report our boss to HO for sexual assault i even assisted her to write the mail.

at the end the boss resigned only for me to know later that the girl lied all along.

as i have remembered this case because of this thread my mind is still troubled.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whats The Worst Experience You've Had At A Job? by flexxyworld(m): 1:15pm On Jul 21, 2023
J
Re: Whats The Worst Experience You've Had At A Job? by Galaxyss(m): 1:17pm On Jul 21, 2023
Okay
Re: Whats The Worst Experience You've Had At A Job? by penearth(m): 1:18pm On Jul 21, 2023
I danced in a class trying to cheer up d kids, d son of the proprietress whom I thought was getting amused got sad nd reported to d mum. The mum surmoned me and gave me a straight SACk. Hmmmm To God be d glory. Praying for a success due

5 Likes

Re: Whats The Worst Experience You've Had At A Job? by fawaz050(m): 1:19pm On Jul 21, 2023
A boss that did not feel part of the team and sells her team short was my worst experience. Alhamdulilah, that I got away from such job even though it was high-paying.

My 2 cents

1. Always get clarity on what needs to be done. If you have a doubt and can't go back to the person, seek clarity from seniors.

2. Showcase your special abilities without rubbing it on other's face. Exude it seamlessly.

3. Be ready for more work, if you are a diligent worker. You'll get good references for it in the long run.

4. Always communicate simply and clearly. I always known to use big grammar grin in my mails, I didn't know people were noticing. I didn't get negative reviews, but I later realised it was needless.

5. Set boundaries. Never let anyone make you feel less of yourself.

6. Add value to yourself. Professional sabificates, Masters degree, what have you. Don't stop learning.

7. Be kind to people. People call me from my last job to tell me how much they miss me. They still come to my events. I'm not saying I'm a good person but little kindness here and there goes a long away.

8. This may sound funny. But set your exit plan from the first quarter you joined. It helps you relax and not shoulder unncessary pressures. It may be business or another firm that the experience from the current job will help you get into.

Make I rest my pen. Na blood I dey use.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whats The Worst Experience You've Had At A Job? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jul 21, 2023
Once worked as a teacher. The only thing I can consider as an issue was the salary compared to the job you're assigned to.

It's a Nigerian thing though.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

...... / Neco Is Yet To Pay Me. / Etisalat Application

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.