Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,861 members, 7,817,543 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

UNILAG School Fees Increased From ₦‎16k To ₦‎100k - Pamilerin Adegoke - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG School Fees Increased From ₦‎16k To ₦‎100k - Pamilerin Adegoke (32359 Views)

UNILAG School Fees Increases From 16k To 140k / Esut School Fees Increased To N174,900 / UNILAG SCHOOL OF POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMME REQUIREMENTS & DURATION - 09082964145 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILAG School Fees Increased From ₦‎16k To ₦‎100k - Pamilerin Adegoke by Legendguy(m): 5:12pm On Jul 21, 2023
InvertedHammer:
/
Still trying to wrap head around N16k ($20) school fees in 2023.

/

He didn't state the current fees
I paid 15,500k last as fees in 2016, and was increase to 19,500 in 2017
School fees now should be 30k
Re: UNILAG School Fees Increased From ₦‎16k To ₦‎100k - Pamilerin Adegoke by Kobojunkie: 5:13pm On Jul 21, 2023
fineboynl:
Many northerners will drop out from school.
Are Northern Schools being subjected to similar hikes? undecided
Re: UNILAG School Fees Increased From ₦‎16k To ₦‎100k - Pamilerin Adegoke by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 5:13pm On Jul 21, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
You come to the west for better education and better life wink 3 out of the 5 first generation universities are in the west. Even university rankings confirm that the best universities in Nigeria are in the west. Those who want the best education will naturally gravitate to where they can have it. What we have as advantage is that most Yoruba parents will rather go hungry and wear worn clothes than deny their children of education in these our top universities.

If you had the best universities, you wouldn't be voting in a Tinubu.

4 Likes

Re: UNILAG School Fees Increased From ₦‎16k To ₦‎100k - Pamilerin Adegoke by RIDOO: 5:14pm On Jul 21, 2023
E loo foo kan baleee.

From my part one to four in Ife l never spent 100k.l don't understand anything in this country again.I never believed anyone so,l'm not surprised.
Re: UNILAG School Fees Increased From ₦‎16k To ₦‎100k - Pamilerin Adegoke by opera1(m): 5:14pm On Jul 21, 2023
16k for university in this current Nigeria?
That's equivalent to FREE EDUCATION

1 Like

Re: UNILAG School Fees Increased From ₦‎16k To ₦‎100k - Pamilerin Adegoke by Legendguy(m): 5:14pm On Jul 21, 2023
jrusky:
Mere seen the name of the writer I recalled immediately he is one of the obidient then I knew it is ether is a fake news or a liar like their Emperor.

Pls go and ask any UNILAG student if they have ever paid 16k as school fees since Buhari came to power? Then come back here.

Not up to an hour ago they obidient lar claimed *Unity seconday School* fee jumped from 40k to 100k but a *university* fee was "16k" now jump 100k or 120k pls does this make any sense.

Buhari came 2015, when I was in unilag, I paid 15k from 2014-2016, was increased to 19k in 2017 bfor I left
Re: UNILAG School Fees Increased From ₦‎16k To ₦‎100k - Pamilerin Adegoke by Mayeldah(m): 5:14pm On Jul 21, 2023
N16k? abeg this is due for a review

May this increase favour our 'owners of the land' dem and the family

Re: UNILAG School Fees Increased From ₦‎16k To ₦‎100k - Pamilerin Adegoke by lexy2014: 5:15pm On Jul 21, 2023
MT:

You have the choice to examine the university quite well before you enroll.

Go for where you can get the true worth for your money.

That isn't what I asked you.

Will this increment improve the quality of education?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UNILAG School Fees Increased From ₦‎16k To ₦‎100k - Pamilerin Adegoke by obi58: 5:16pm On Jul 21, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Those who think education is expensive should try ignorance.

Now it's clear to everyone that the FG has been hugely subsidising education yet the ungrateful unpatriotic beneficiaries of this heavily subsidized education will immediately transfer the education overseas and still turn around to talk down on Nigeria. Smh. They will lose! You can not cheat Nigeria, Nigerian tax payers and go scot free.

Very soon, these FG schools will be charging cost reflective school fees while indigent students will get loans to pay it. Hardworking, brilliant indigent students will get 100% full scholarship and bond to serve for few years to repay so others behind them can get same scholarship.

The welfarist system of the state drove the nation into monumental debts and widespread multidimensional poverty that produced a largely mediocre set of unpatriotic graduates with entitlement mentality. Imagine generations raised on fuel subsidy, electricity subsidy, education subsidies, health subsidies, free money cash transfer of npower, ponzi schemes, crypto etc, yet spend most time on Twitter, NL and other social media platforms. That's a legion of generations of largely unproductive lot! It is not sustainable anymore as our debts keep mounting and more youths get used to easy and fast money.

Our universities will now be forced to go back to the days people know why they are in school and will face it squarely to come out with great grades. NUC should equally ban federal universities from admitting JAMB candidates who score less than 200. It's ridiculous that UNICAL is admitting JAMB candidates who score 140 shocked How on earth should FG be subsidising the education of a mediocre student who scored 140 out of 400. That's a 35% fail score!

Everyone must do the right thing to return this nation back to her consistent winning ways. Parents will now take parenting serious because the era you born excess hoping that govt will feed, clothe , train and educate them for you is gone.
May God bless Nigeria for ever!Check my signature for free stuffs!

Is this not the height of man's inhumanity to his fellow man to increase fees to push people to borrow to pay for what they could afford to pay for before?

Talking about cost reflective fees is just wickedness.

Pray do tell what government has put in place for the welfare of the people now.
Re: UNILAG School Fees Increased From ₦‎16k To ₦‎100k - Pamilerin Adegoke by opera1(m): 5:16pm On Jul 21, 2023
RIDOO:
E loo foo kan baleee.

From my part one to four in Ife l never spent 100k.l don't understand anything in this country again.I never believed anyone so,l'm not surprised.

That was then sir.
Sachet water price then and now are they the same? Let's be sincere with ourselves jo
Re: UNILAG School Fees Increased From ₦‎16k To ₦‎100k - Pamilerin Adegoke by ajebuter(f): 5:16pm On Jul 21, 2023
egopersonified:
16k for uni?

Are you surprised?

My LASU school fees was N240

Yes, two hundred and fourty naira

1996--- 2000

My Masters in Unilag cost 90k ( 2010--2011)

Education is cheap in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG School Fees Increased From ₦‎16k To ₦‎100k - Pamilerin Adegoke by MT: 5:16pm On Jul 21, 2023
victorVIC1:

What about the numerous universities in Europe that provide free but high quality education for its citizens? The major problem with Nigeria is poor management of resources

Nigerians are always quick to reference some places abroad when the situations don't favour them.

These countries you are referring to - like Germany, Finland - do you know how much they pay as taxes? If this administration wants to tax us like they tax people abroad where you have to pay TV license for the TV you bought with your own money each month, will you still compare Nigeria to the Western World or will you revolt?

Some grown adults in Nigeria have never paid taxes in their lifetime despite generating incomes. Stop comparing Nigeria to advanced Nations. We are a "developing" nation and the country cannot afford to be subsidizing education. Ask the Japa crew how much they are paying in the Uni abroad, for so many useless courses.

When we reach the level as a country where we can offer citizenry free education , it will happen but for now, it is impossible. That is our reality!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILAG School Fees Increased From ₦‎16k To ₦‎100k - Pamilerin Adegoke by Timiblanko(m): 5:17pm On Jul 21, 2023
what always baffles me most is that, some people always come online and defend the evil deed of Nigerian politicians.

Are we daft* I don't understand this no longer.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILAG School Fees Increased From ₦‎16k To ₦‎100k - Pamilerin Adegoke by fineboynl(m): 5:17pm On Jul 21, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Are Northern Schools being subjected to similar hikes? undecided
federal schools
Re: UNILAG School Fees Increased From ₦‎16k To ₦‎100k - Pamilerin Adegoke by MT: 5:18pm On Jul 21, 2023
lexy2014:

That isn't what I asked you.

Will this increment improve the quality of education?

Then you need to direct your question to those that run the universities.

I am not in a position to provide you response on that.

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG School Fees Increased From ₦‎16k To ₦‎100k - Pamilerin Adegoke by Kobojunkie: 5:18pm On Jul 21, 2023
fineboynl:
federal schools
Federal universities? Name one and state how much the fee is. undecided
Re: UNILAG School Fees Increased From ₦‎16k To ₦‎100k - Pamilerin Adegoke by abobote: 5:20pm On Jul 21, 2023
Are you saying that unilag school fees used to be 16k?
Re: UNILAG School Fees Increased From ₦‎16k To ₦‎100k - Pamilerin Adegoke by Landowner101(m): 5:21pm On Jul 21, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
You come to the west for better education and better life wink 3 out of the 5 first generation universities are in the west. Even university rankings confirm that the best universities in Nigeria are in the west. Those who want the best education will naturally gravitate to where they can have it. What we have as advantage is that most Yoruba parents will rather go hungry and wear worn clothes than deny their children of education in these our top universities.

So you want yoruba parents to go hungry and wear worn clothes, for their children to go to school because Tinubu is the president.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNILAG School Fees Increased From ₦‎16k To ₦‎100k - Pamilerin Adegoke by ajebuter(f): 5:21pm On Jul 21, 2023
Kobojunkie:
The thing shock me no be small. I wonder how much the northerners even pay at this point. undecided

Bro, if this one shock you

Wetin go happen if l tell you my LASU school fees was N240 between 1996 and 2000 ?

Bros, school cheap for here eh!

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG School Fees Increased From ₦‎16k To ₦‎100k - Pamilerin Adegoke by APCNig: 5:22pm On Jul 21, 2023
Send your sister to a private university if you think government universities are now too expensive.

School fees range between the equivalent of 5,000 pounds and 10,000 pounds for indigenes all round the developed nations. Now convert that to Naira.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG School Fees Increased From ₦‎16k To ₦‎100k - Pamilerin Adegoke by FreeStuffsNG: 5:24pm On Jul 21, 2023
Landowner101:

So you want yoruba parents to go hungry and wear worn clothes, for their children to go to school because Tinubu is the president.
Our parents did it right from pre-independence colonial days and they have results to show for it. We have an adage that when you are lean, know why you're lean. They were lean for us because they saw the future. It's done in societies where education takes a prime place in family values.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG School Fees Increased From ₦‎16k To ₦‎100k - Pamilerin Adegoke by abysirius(m): 5:25pm On Jul 21, 2023
Over a decade ago when I was in Lautech (State own university), I paid 40k as tuition. That was precisely 14 yrs ago. But today, someone who wants qualitative education wants to be paying 16k as tuition. Yet these are the same ingrates that will say Nigeria has not done anything for them. For a better Nigeria and a better system, especially with the present day economic situation in the country, 100k isn't too much for University education. All the countries that most of our youth japa to even charge more.

For your info, my toddler who is still in a kindergarten school is paying more.

3 Likes

Re: UNILAG School Fees Increased From ₦‎16k To ₦‎100k - Pamilerin Adegoke by lexy2014: 5:33pm On Jul 21, 2023
MT:

What position were you in when you said this?

MT:
What quality of education do you expect when you pay 16k as a tuition fee?

Let us tell ourselves the truth please!

Did u direct any questions to any university before you came up with that?
Re: UNILAG School Fees Increased From ₦‎16k To ₦‎100k - Pamilerin Adegoke by happney65: 5:34pm On Jul 21, 2023
Savedday2:
That is to say the ashawo business in the school will increase by 5000%

Oh Lord have mercy on Unilag girls kpekus

I just dey pity them!

Their Slimmy kpekus go hear am.. grin

Unilag wey be headquarters before before.
Re: UNILAG School Fees Increased From ₦‎16k To ₦‎100k - Pamilerin Adegoke by Heffalump(m): 5:34pm On Jul 21, 2023
Lets face the fact for once. Quality education is not cheap anywhere in the world. Nigerians like deceiving themselves, that's why we're where we are today.

A good private Nursey and primary school in Nigeria has school fees rated more than most Nigerian Tertiary institutions.

Who is deceiving who exactly?

1 Like

Re: UNILAG School Fees Increased From ₦‎16k To ₦‎100k - Pamilerin Adegoke by NamelessOGBENI(m): 5:35pm On Jul 21, 2023
stewiepeter:

It’s only those alive that will live to tell the story.
And we don't know who will be alive to tell the story.

Scary times...
Re: UNILAG School Fees Increased From ₦‎16k To ₦‎100k - Pamilerin Adegoke by MightySparrow: 5:36pm On Jul 21, 2023
Blackfire:
Ordinary 200k for schoolfees this poor people are crying
Poor people eeeeeh

I paid more than this for my child in secondary school. Many of the students in these university attended primary and secondary schools Education is expensive everywhere.
Re: UNILAG School Fees Increased From ₦‎16k To ₦‎100k - Pamilerin Adegoke by abysirius(m): 5:36pm On Jul 21, 2023
MT:

When they were paying 16k do you think about the quality of education the institution was offering? You guys should go sit down and brace up for impact.

In this same country, some private varsities are paying above 5million naira per session and people still enroll their wards there (not ghost o) and I have never seen what a private university graduate can do that their counterpart from from Unilag will not do or even do better. So what exactly is the basis of your question??

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UNILAG School Fees Increased From ₦‎16k To ₦‎100k - Pamilerin Adegoke by MasterTeeUSA: 5:39pm On Jul 21, 2023
Abeg most of them are not learning in schools anyways. Let the serious ones go and study and know that they can't waste their parent's money anyhow ..if you get carryover with these tuition fees...your village people have finally finished you be that. Education ain't cheap..those who deserve it will get it once govt implements Welfare, scholarships and we all chip in to help the best amongst us.

a4cube:
By September many private school will be empty. School fees increase will pursue many enter public school.

University drop out number will increase which will lead to increase in Robbery and prostitution. Its a chain reaction.

3 Likes

Re: UNILAG School Fees Increased From ₦‎16k To ₦‎100k - Pamilerin Adegoke by MT: 5:41pm On Jul 21, 2023
abysirius:
When they were paying 16k do you think about the quality of education the institution was offering? You guys should go sit down and brace up for impact.

In this same country, some private varsities are paying above 5million naira per session and people still enroll their wards there (not ghost o) and[b] I have never seen what a private university graduate can do that their counterpart from from Unilag[/b] will not do or even do better. So what exactly is the basis of your question??

Your comparison was too broad. What data are you using to work on this comparison of yours?

It is not only education you get when you attend A-list university, the network no be here.
Re: UNILAG School Fees Increased From ₦‎16k To ₦‎100k - Pamilerin Adegoke by Honestfrend: 5:42pm On Jul 21, 2023
Blackfire:
Ordinary 200k for schoolfees this poor people are crying
Poor people eeeeeh

Haa.. Just listen to urself.... U have no idea what people re going through.. U have no idea..
Re: UNILAG School Fees Increased From ₦‎16k To ₦‎100k - Pamilerin Adegoke by Victoxy(m): 5:45pm On Jul 21, 2023
APCNig:
Send your sister to a private university if you think government universities are now too expensive.

School fees range between the equivalent of 5,000 pounds and 10,000 pounds for indigenes all round the developed nations. Now convert that to Naira.
Your name tells me all i need to know about you. Why the Bleep will your dumb head allow you compare foreign schools to Nigerian Schools?. How much does the average worker in those countries earn annually?.How much do you think they paid from their creche to high school?. Must you foolish,crazy and mad tinubu supporters comment on everything. Just shut the Bleep up when people are grieving and pass if you cannot encourage them. Compare the standards of teaching to foreign universities. Even if fee will be increased,it should be little by little not so much as this. I wish there was a mental evaluation for any one willing to get a phone. Some parents are poor and their children through this subsided fee have helped their family but you this poor wretched guy is saying trash even that jobless freestuffs guy.

Majority of the students will not be able to get jobs,yet the government are not looking into that one,fees of several things are increasing exponentially yet it is the only benefit that the poor masses get from the government has been taken. I hope they don't steal your future from you before you realize you are freaking empty. As for the officials taking joy in making poor families cry,i hope you know you are jeopardizing the future of many,may the Lord do to you as you have done to these families cause the number of parents that have children in that school that have complained to me about this thing is a lot. Imagine paying 200k for about 5 kinds only for it to increase crazily to 800k. This is outrageous but some idiots will rather create useless thread than fight their oppressors. The Lord is your strength

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Western Delta University Lecturer Rocks Students Wig In Class / Omotayo Dada Reacts To Emmanuel Adooh's Covenant University Sex & Expel Scandal / FUTA Expels Six Students Who Attacked A Female Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.