Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,922 members, 7,828,206 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

Is This The Only Sin That Can Take One To Hell Fire? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is This The Only Sin That Can Take One To Hell Fire? (299 Views)

Unforgiveness: One Subtle Sin That Would Take Many Christians To Hell / The "Small Sin" That Will Send The Most People To Hell-fire. / It Is Only One Sin That Sends People To Hell Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This The Only Sin That Can Take One To Hell Fire? by JaySmart4422: 12:28pm On Jul 21, 2023
Is not talking to someone or greeting them the only sin capable of making one miss heaven ?
I ask cos most Christians consider it the only sin.

Many people feel if you stop talking to someone you will automatically land in hell fire

They paint it and make it look like is the only sin on earth

Meanwhile there more terrible sin
They can never condemn .

Lastly can one forgive , forget and stay on their own without greeting?
Re: Is This The Only Sin That Can Take One To Hell Fire? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:17pm On Jul 21, 2023
JaySmart4422:

Is not talking to someone or greeting them the only sin capable of making one miss heaven ?
I ask cos most Christians consider it the only sin. Many people feel if you stop talking to someone you will automatically land in hell fire
They paint it and make it look like is the only sin on earth Meanwhile there more terrible sin
They can never condemn. Lastly can one forgive , forget and stay on their own without greeting?

Generally greeting is a common thing anywhere we go though forms of greetings differs but then on what ground is it proper to stop greeting someone we know?

The Bible says:

Now I urge you, brothers, to keep your eye on those who create divisions and causes for stumbling contrary to the teaching that you have learned, and avoid them! Romans 16:17

If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your homes or say a greeting to him. 2John 1:10

One may start to wonder how can Christians who are to call others in their neighbourhood who are sinners to repentance if they should stop greeting such ones due to difference in beliefs?

That's why we need to revisit what Jesus Christ told his disciples regarding wrongdoing:

"Moreover, if your brother commits a sin, go and reveal his fault between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. But if he does not listen, take along with you one or two more, so that on the testimony of two or three witnesses every matter may be established. If he does not listen to them, speak to the congregation. If he does not listen even to the congregation, let him be to you just as a man of the nations and as a tax collector. Matthew 18:15-17

From the above admonition Jesus commanded the complainant (disciple) to take the initiative for peaceful resolution because the accused may not even be aware of his wrongdoing and if the offender should tender an apology the complainant must forgive instantly no matter how many times the accused goes wrong as long as he/she admits his/her blunder saying "i'm sorry". Matthew 18:20-21

But after the first move if the offender tries to prove he's right then the complainant must go again to speak with accused but this time with two Christian brothers so that at the mouth of two witnesses he may regain his consciousness that he was wrong.

If after that he still maintain his position then the matter will be tabled before the elders of the congregation to reproof the accused but if he still maintained his position then he or she would be treated as an unrepentant wrongdoer, from that very moment all members of the congregation must avoid having anything to do with him not even a greeting. So it's no longer the matter of the complainant but that of the whole association of brethren in Christ Jesus! smiley
Re: Is This The Only Sin That Can Take One To Hell Fire? by Righthussle: 4:36pm On Jul 21, 2023
JaySmart4422:

Many people feel if you stop talking to someone you will automatically land in hell fire

They can never condemn .

You're a waste to our generation if you still believe a place called heaven and hell exist.
Re: Is This The Only Sin That Can Take One To Hell Fire? by JaySmart4422: 5:25pm On Jul 21, 2023
Righthussle:

You're a waste to our generation if you still believe a place called heaven and hell exist.

You are the waste oooo
Keep your believe and let me keep mine

Mr I know it all who created himself
Shift abeg
Re: Is This The Only Sin That Can Take One To Hell Fire? by JaySmart4422: 5:26pm On Jul 21, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Generally greeting is a common thing anywhere we go though forms of greetings differs but then on what ground is it proper to stop greeting someone we know?

The Bible says:

Now I urge you, brothers, to keep your eye on those who create divisions and causes for stumbling contrary to the teaching that you have learned, and avoid them! Romans 16:17

If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your homes or say a greeting to him. 2John 1:10

One may start to wonder how can Christians who are to call others in their neighbourhood who are sinners to repentance if they should stop greeting such ones due to difference in beliefs?

That's why we need to revisit what Jesus Christ told his disciples regarding wrongdoing:

"Moreover, if your brother commits a sin, go and reveal his fault between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. But if he does not listen, take along with you one or two more, so that on the testimony of two or three witnesses every matter may be established. If he does not listen to them, speak to the congregation. If he does not listen even to the congregation, let him be to you just as a man of the nations and as a tax collector. Matthew 18:15-17

From the above admonition Jesus commanded the complainant (disciple) to take the initiative for peaceful resolution because the accused may not even be aware of his wrongdoing and if the offender should tender an apology the complainant must forgive instantly no matter how many times the accused goes wrong as long as he/she admits his/her blunder saying "i'm sorry". Matthew 18:20-21

But after the first move if the offender tries to prove he's right then the complainant must go again to speak with accused but this time with two Christian brothers so that at the mouth of two witnesses he may regain his consciousness that he was wrong.

If after that he still maintain his position then the matter will be tabled before the elders of the congregation to reproof the accused but if he still maintained his position then he or she would be treated as an unrepentant wrongdoer, from that very moment all members of the congregation must avoid having anything to do with him not even a greeting. So it's no longer the matter of the complainant but that of the whole association of brethren in Christ Jesus! smiley

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Is This The Only Sin That Can Take One To Hell Fire? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:33am On Jul 22, 2023
JaySmart4422:

Thanks
You're welcome in Jesus name!
Re: Is This The Only Sin That Can Take One To Hell Fire? by Maynman: 9:21am On Jul 22, 2023
JaySmart4422:

They can never condemn .

That will be “pride”.

(1) (Reply)

Dream Interpretation Of Seeing Cow / The 3 Friends Who Set Out To Destroy Satan / A Christian experience of Sleep Paralysis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.