Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,950 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ (8862 Views)

25th Of December (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by slimsophiediva(f): 9:03am On Sep 07, 2023
Following bumper to bumper

1 Like

Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by Medancareers: 9:34am On Sep 07, 2023
I just started following your story and it's soo interesting, I love the moderation and realistic touch! Welldone. Please I feel like I have waited for years. Please continue already 🥲🥲🥲😭

1 Like

Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by Pinkdimples: 11:36am On Sep 07, 2023
Chai. See love ❤️

1 Like

Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by Candid2022: 6:52pm On Sep 07, 2023
Well I can't explain the way I'm feeling about how things are going to end but it's still too young to think of the ending because my Ckay is still ignorant of the fact that she's a writer and I believe more things will be on fold.
Keep up the good work Frank 💓

1 Like

Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 8:47am On Sep 08, 2023
slimsophiediva:
Following bumper to bumper
Ok
Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 8:48am On Sep 08, 2023
Candid2022:
Well I can't explain the way I'm feeling about how things are going to end but it's still too young to think of the ending because my Ckay is still ignorant of the fact that she's a writer and I believe more things will be on fold.
Keep up the good work Frank 💓

Thanks for your comment
Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 8:48am On Sep 08, 2023
Pinkdimples:
Chai. See love ❤️

Lol wink
Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 8:51am On Sep 08, 2023
Episode 19

~ Adannaya's POV ~

“What do you think?” Phoebe asked me again for the third time about the book cover.

“I don’t like the black one and I don’t like the maroon one too. I want the font to be bigger than this one,” I said pointing at the white book cover.

“Okay, we will try to make two options for you, and it will be ready in a week.”

“Dera asked if you want to do a book event. We will give out the signed book randomly to people who pre-order your book. Are you okay with that” she asked me and I shook my head.

“I’d rather give all of them something else rather than randomly give signed books to some people. I need to thank them for reading and buying my books.”

“We will think about that and the movie making, you will have to have a meeting with the director and the producer next week. They will start to cast actors and actresses in three weeks and they want you to be there.” Phoebe said.

“Okay.” I nodded.

“Can you maybe give me a list of the cast actors and actresses, because I want to research them…?” My phone rang and it was Ckay.

“Just print it and give it to me. Y'all continue. I need to pick this up,” I said as I walked away from them.

“Hello.”

“Hey, have you eaten dinner?”

“Nope. I’m still in a meeting. Why?”

“I’m at Shoprite. Do you want something?” he asked and I smiled.

“Get me a salad, please. A lot of it. Are you going to eat with me or are you already eating? I asked excitedly.

“I’m going to eat with you. Are you in your apartment or your office?” He asked.

“In my apartment. I’ll be there in 20 minutes.”

“Okay. I might not be done by then, but it’s okay, ” I said as I walked back into the meeting room. Yes, I have my own meeting room inside my apartment because I work at home.

“Okay. Do you need anything else?”

“A lot of sauce too, please. Don't forget that.

“Yes, beautiful,” he said in a teasing tone.

“Bye,” I ended the call and sat back on my chair. I continued my meeting and finalized things that I needed to finish before my team leave.

After we were done, I walked out of my meeting room, and at the same time, the doorbell rang. I ran towards the door and opened it to find Ckay with a Shoprite customized nylon. He smiled widely and walked into my apartment. He gave me a hug and a kiss on my forehead.

He stopped when he saw my team.

“They are my team. This is Phoebe, Nazzy, Chris, and Flora,” I introduced him to my team.

“This is Ckay…uhmm my boyfriend,” I said in a little awkward tone. Ckay shook hands with them and they excused him and left.

“You are hungry?” he asked and I nodded.

I quickly ran to my kitchen and took out my big bowl that we always used to eat.

“What are you doing?” he asked as I put into the microwave the leftover white rice I made the previous night.

“Making something yummy,” I said as I took my 10 pieces of chicken nugget. I put it into small pieces in the bowl.

“Ah.. why are you cutting it?”

“I bet you will love it,” I said as I cut all 10 into small pieces.

He took out his burger and started eating it. I took out my rice and put it into the bowl mixing it with the nuggets. I took out the sauce and added it. I added the salad too. I mixed everything and Ckay looked at me completely disgusted by it.

I scooped one spoonful of it and put it into my mouth. Oh my God. I couldn’t express how good it was. And I walked towards Ckay wanting to feed him. He looked at me hating the idea, but I kept putting a spoonful of it in front of his mouth.

“You will love it,” I said and he opened his mouth. He started to munch it and I looked at him waiting for his reaction.

“What! It's damn good,” he said as he looked at it in disbelief. I took out another spoon for him to eat with me. I jumped and sat on the kitchen table holding the bowl. And Ckay stood between my legs eating it with me.

“You told your team that I’m your boyfriend,” he smirked and I looked at him flatly.

“Should I correct it tomorrow?” I hissed coldly.

“Why are you wearing a tank top and shorts when you are having a meeting?” he asked as he looked at my clothes.

“I’m having a meeting inside my house. I don’t need to wear work attire,” I said as I scooped another spoonful of rice.

Ckay was currently holding a burger with one hand and a spoon with the other hand. I took the spoon from him so he could eat his burger freely.

“You should have brought more burger,” I said pouting completely, craving for it.

“Oh, I guess you didn’t check the rest of the bag,” he said and I turned to reach the bag. My eyes widened when I saw there was 8 more burger inside. I turned to Ckay and smiled widely. I pointed at his lips asking for a kiss.

“Really?” I asked and he took the bag from me.

“Hey.”

“Come on. It’s just a kiss.”

“No. Kissing with you will lead to something else,” I said as I tried to reach for the burger. I put the bowl behind me and tried to reach him, but he was too tall with that long arm of his.

“Ckay!”

“Yes, Ada.”

“I want that,” I said still trying to reach out.

Suddenly, he gave me the bag. He then cupped my face at the same time. He slowly crushed his lips to mine and I kept the bag beside me, and again he hypnotized me with his kiss.

“I’ve been craving for this ever since you only gave me your cheek this afternoon,” he said and I chuckled. I pushed him and went down from the kitchen table to make another bowl of rice, chicken nuggets, salad, and sauce.

~ Ckay's POV ~

**** At The Pool ****

“I don’t think this is a great idea,” Ada said as she pulled me away from the pool.

“Oh, come on. It will be fun.

“It is cold,” she said trying to pull me away again. I quickly picked her up and jump into the pool.
She squealed and completely attacked me with her fist.

“You this f**l,” she busted as she tried to walk away, but before she could do that, I grabbed her hand and pulled her into my arms.

“Get off me. It’s cold,” she said as she pushed my chest.

“I will warm you up,” I said and she started to cling to me like a kola.

“If I get sick, I will sue you,” she hissed coldly.

“No. I will cuddle you until you are healthy again,” he said confidently and started to walk to the deeper side of the pool. When it began to get deeper and deeper, Ada started to climb up from my clinging to my hips and pushing me down to the pool.

Imagine this girl.

“Ckay, stop!”

“Huh? I can’t hear you.”

“I said you should stop this right now or I’ll cut your balls.”

That really made me stop and I looked at her in disbelief. I let her go and she swam towards the edge. She reached the edge of the pool and sat down on it.

“Are you m@d?” I asked as I slowly walked to her.

She looked at me glaring, and it was like she was ready to k!ll me that second.

“Don't drag me like that,” she said completely pissed.

“I’m sorry….Sorry, baby,” I said as I got up and sat beside her. She pushed me away and then stood up. Suddenly, she pushed me to the pool and she laughed.

“Hey, what was that for?”

“It’s cold and I’m going to the hot tub,” she said and I quickly got up following her toward the hot tub. It was located inside and she walked in first. I followed inside. She slowly put her leg into the hot tub. I got into the tub too, and we both sat down facing each other.

“Thank you, Ckay,” she suddenly said and that made me a little confused.

“Huh? For what?”

“I don’t know.. everything that you have done for me,” she said but her eyes were looking at the water blankly.

“This is the first time after seven years that I really felt that someone does care for me. You sacrificed your time, your emotions to always be patient with me. Even though I bet you h@te me sometimes for being so hard.”

“You know as time goes by, I think I’m starting to see the old Ada. I know you still have your own barricade, but you’re almost there,” I smiled and she looked up to me.

“It’s a little weird to say that you are my boyfriend,” she said and I chuckled.

“It's Okay, you will get used to it.”

“What do you want for your birthday?”

That really surprised me. Yes, the following day was my birthday and I didn’t expect that she knew about it.

“How did you know?”

“I have my sources."

I narrowed my eyes and she looked away avoiding it.

“What do you want?”

“Just spend the night with me. That will be the best present ever,” I smiled.
I was starting to get a little needy and clingy towards her. I loved having her next to me.

“Fine, if that's what you want,” she said and I slowly moved beside her.

“Let’s just relax for a moment. I’m having a headache because of work,” I said as I closed my eyes. I leaned back towards the wall trying to relax my head.
Suddenly, I felt Ada kissed me on my cheek. I opened my eyes and turned to
her.

“What?”

“Nothing,” I said smiling like an idi0t.

“I don’t want to catch cold, so I’m going up,” she said, but I held her hand preventing her to go.

“5 more minutes please,” I said and she nodded.

"I'm going to Uyo for three days, next week,” I said and turned to Ada wanting to see her reaction.

“Okay.”

“Okay?”

“Yeah, what do you want me to say?” she queried.

“You will miss me, right? We have to call every night,” I said and she chuckled.

“No, it is just three days.”

“Wow, you hurt me,” I said as I pretended to put my hand on my chest.

“You will come back anyway.”

“But how come my girlfriend won’t miss me? What if I found someone hot there, won’t you be jealous?” I asked and her facial expression changed. I immediately realized what I just said.

“Ada, I'm sorry…I was just..,”

“I’m not the jealous type,” she said confidently and I smiled.

“Really?”

She nodded lightly.

I stood up and held her hand pulling her out from the hot tub. We walked out together and took our towels.

We dried quickly and went up back to my apartment. I let her use the bathroom first because she was freezing. I walked towards the kitchen and made myself and her a hot (tea) chocolate to warm up our bodies. I smiled like an idi0t why waiting for the water to boil.

“Ckay, I will borrow your black big polo.” I heard Ada say.

“Alright,” I answered and I poured the water into the glass. I stirred my spoon to mix all the water and the hot chocolate. Sooner, Ada walked out of my room with her wet hair and my T-shirt.

My jaw dropped because she looked so tempting.

“Here’s yours,” I said as I tried to smirk my inner thoughts.

“Thanks,” she said as she sat on the chair in front of the table.

“Go take a shower you will get sick,” she said gesturing me to go.

“Do you have a hair dryer?” she asked and I nodded. I gestured her to follow me back to my room and I took out my hair dryer from the drawer under my bed. I gave it to her and she sat in front of my big mirror plugging the hair dryer, and began to dry her hair. I looked at the view, completely loving it.

“Don’t be a pervert,” she said.

“Thank you, babe, I’m perfect,” I smirked and she rolled her eyes. She pointed her index finger to the bedroom and I walked in with a heavy heart.

How did she even find out that tomorrow is my birthday?

To be continued…
Frank The Writer

Please, Like, Comment, and Share!!
Don’t be a ghost reader

____

Facebook: Frank The Writer

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by Pinkdimples: 11:14am On Sep 08, 2023
I go love oo 🤔🙄

Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by slimsophiediva(f): 4:02pm On Sep 08, 2023
Awwn love is the air oo

1 Like

Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 6:19pm On Sep 08, 2023
Pinkdimples:
I go love oo 🤔🙄

Thanks for the update

😂😂
Love is a beautiful thing
Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 6:19pm On Sep 08, 2023
slimsophiediva:
Awwn love is the air oo

Wear face mask 😂
Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by Pinkdimples: 7:14pm On Sep 08, 2023
frankwriter:

😂😂
Love is a beautiful thing
I tell you 😄

1 Like

Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by vicbros75: 7:06am On Sep 09, 2023
You just dey burst my head with this story frank the writer.kudos to you br.keep up the good work brother

1 Like

Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 8:49am On Sep 09, 2023
vicbros75:
You just dey burst my head with this story frank the writer.kudos to you br.keep up the good work brother

Thank you
Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by Candid2022: 8:19am On Sep 10, 2023
Thanks frank for keeping up with two update.
Thumps up cool🤙

1 Like

Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 7:21pm On Sep 10, 2023
Candid2022:
Thanks frank for keeping up with two update.
Thumps up cool🤙

You're welcome
Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 3:43pm On Sep 11, 2023
Episode 20

~ Adannaya's POV ~

About Ckay’s birthday, actually, his mom texted me. She asked me if I could help her surprise her son. I was surprised that his birthday was tomorrow. So, I asked my assistant to help me buy a cake. She already put it in my fridge and all I have to do now is go down to my apartment.

“Where do you think you’re going?”

“I forgot something and I have to go to my apartment,” I said as I slipped away from his arms. He was currently watching Game of Thrones that I have no clue about.

“Ada…you're not going up like that!” he stopped me and I realized that I only wore his T-shirt and my underwear. He got up and walked to his closer. He threw me his hoodie and sweatpants. I put it all on and walked out of his room. I quickly walked out of his apartment and went up to my apartment. When I walked into my apartment, I quickly took out the cake and left.

As I walked down the stairs, I tried to take out the cake. I put the cake on the box and carried it in my left hand. I then pressed the doorbell and waited for Ckay to come out. My heartbeat raised. I was so nervous and it was my first time surprising someone. He did a lot of things for me and this was the least I could do.

“You are fas…,” his eyes widened when he saw me with a cake. He opened the door wide enough for me to enter and I started to sing ”Happy Birthday, Ckay. Make a wish and blow out the candles.”

“When did you get this?” He asked as I walked toward the kitchen.

“A secret,” I said and took out the knife from the drawer, giving it to him so he could cut the cake.

“Thank you,” he kissed my forehead and I nodded. He cut the cake and took out 2 small plates for us to eat. I sat on the table and took Ckay's hand. I pulled him towards me and crashed my lips to him.

“Happy birthday,” I said and he smiled widely.

He leaned me again but I quickly took a small amount of whipped cream from the cake and smudged it on his face.

“Hey!” He protested and I chuckled. I cupped his face and ate the whipped cream on his cheek.

“Thanks, babe,” he said once again and he gave me a big piece of cake.

“This is so good,” I said with my mouthful of cake. We ate the cake and put the leftovers in the fridge. We walked back to his room and he continued to watch his Game of Thrones.

I sat beside him trying to figure out what to buy for his birthday present. Usually, it's always about me but not about him. I sat up straight and turned to him. I took off the hoodie because it was hot and poked his arm.

“Is everything okay?” he asked me as he paused the movie.

“Tell me about yourself,” I said and he turned to me not understanding.

“Tell me about yourself… what you like. What you don’t like,” I said and he chuckled.

“What is it for?

I mean all this time you’re trying to get to know me, but I never cared about you. So, I’m trying to know you,” I said and he turned off the TV. He sat up straight like me and smiled.

“What do you want to know?”

“Let’s start with the basic question. What is your favorite food?” I asked

“Fried rice and salad.”

“Your favorite drink?”

“Heineken.”

“Uhmm….what else, your favorite brand?”

“Not a fan of specific brands. If I see what I like now, I buy it,” he said and I nodded as I was writing it down.

“Your football club?”

“The blues… Chelsea!” he smiled.

“Okay. How about a car?”

“Any car that is normal.”

“What? you are weird,” I said chuckling.

“Next, what do you want now?” I asked and I was ready to write it down on my phone.

“Are you trying to get me a birthday present?” He asked and I looked up to him.

“Rewind to 10 seconds ago, just pretend that you didn’t ask that,” I said and he laughed.

“What do you want now?” I asked again and he kept on laughing. I looked at him annoyed and smacked his arm.

“Answer the question,” I hissed and he chuckled.

“I want you, baby,” he looked at me winking and I looked at him ready to smack him with a pillow.

“Answer the question or I will sleep upstairs.”

“Fine…fine. I want to spend the day with you.”

“I mean a thing… a thing,” I said and he pouted.

“It's my birthday. Why are you being so mean to me?” He asked and I sighed.

I was going to smack him but he immediately grabbed my hands.

“I seriously don’t need anything,” he said.

“Fine…if that’s what you want,” I said.

“Really? That’s it.”

“Yeah. I nodded.”

“Okay,” he said in a sad tone.

He sat back again and turned on the TV. I took off the sweatpants and threw them to the ground. I sat beside him and tried to poke him but he was ignoring me.

“Ckay!”

“Leave me.”

“OK then,” I said and took his hand but he was still ignoring me. I put his hand on my thigh slowly going up, I felt his hands tense and I knew I was winning this battle. Try not to ignore me Ckay, you will never win.

“Still not working? I will just go back to my apar..,” before I could finish my sentence, Ckay trapped me with his body. He looked at me dangerously and I smirked.

“Can’t believe you are a naughty girl,” Adannaya.

~ Adannaya's POV ~

I just finished a meeting to finalize everything, and I was ready to go find Ckay’s birthday gifts. I’m still trying to figure out what to give him, but I decided to go to the mall. Maybe an idea will come out later on.

I drove my car towards the mall and tonight Ckay and I will have dinner with his parents. Ckay wasn’t surprised about his parent. I just told him that we were going to have dinner. They invited my dad too, and he still had no clue that Ckay and I were dating.

I got off the car after parking it and was ready to explore the mall to find the perfect birthday gift for him. I started to look around to find something, then my eyes landed on a wallet and I walked into the store. Before I could ask about it, someone poked me. I turned to see Dike.

My body went numb that second and all I wanted to do that second was to p*nch him.

“Hey, Adannaya, long time no see,” he said smiling like nothing was happening between us. I ignored him and turned back to the wallet.

“Ada, can we talk?” Dike asked and I ignored him again.

“Hey, it’s been seven years,” he said and that made me so m@d. I turned to him and gestured to him to follow me. I walked to the nearest Starbucks and brought a drink for myself, before sitting down outside and facing the person that I didn’t want to see the most.

“How are you?” he asked.

“I know you are not blind,” I said coldly. I looked at him completely not amused that he was in front of me.

“I know it’s been seven years and it’s too late to apologize, but I’m sorry,” he said looking at me seriously and I saw it.

“If you are sorry, don’t talk to me again. Don’t look for me and let’s act like you and I are strangers,” I hissed coldly.

“Ada, I’m sorry. I know it’s too late to explain, but I have my reasons.

“You had your chances, Dike. I don’t want to see you again,” I said as I got up from my seat. He stopped me by standing in front of me preventing me from going.

“Give me a chance, Ada.”

“No.”

“My mom passed away and you left me. I have had trust issue for seven years. Dike don’t you dare ask me for a chance when you knew that I needed you the most. At that time, you should have come back to me and explained but you didn’t,” I said angrliy at him.

“I’m sorry.”

“Now, I’m starting to have my life back, so don’t you dare try to ruin it by walking into my life again,” I hissed and my phone suddenly rang.

“Ada, please.”

“No, Dike. Seven years is too late,” I said and I walked past him.

I answered the phone without looking at the caller.

“Hello.”

“Hey sis, where are you? It's Kings.

“I’m at the mall.”

“Huh? What are you doing there?” he asked.

“Just strolling around, looking for something.”

“I’m free for lunch. Want to have lunch together?”

“You are coming tonight, right?” I asked.

“No, I can’t. I have to go to Lagos because I have an emergency meeting in the morning.”

“Okay, what do you want to eat?” I asked.

“Usually, our favorite place. I will see you there.”

“Okay. On my way,” I said as I walked towards my car.

I got inside and drove out from the mall.

How dare he ask for a chance after seven years? He had that chance and I waited for him for so long but he never came. He lost his chance and I don’t want him to come into my life again.

I met my brother at the restaurant and he knew that I wasn’t feeling good, so he didn’t ask me a lot of things. He didn’t force me to tell him everything and I was so glad that he didn’t ask too much. I just needed time alone to process about Dike.

“I’m dating,” I said and Kings dropped his spoon. I looked up to him and he looked at me like I was turning into a hawk or something.

“What! You are dating now. Who?”

“Ckay,” I said and he choked right away.

“Since when?”

“A few days now.”

“Is he treating you well?” he asked and I nodded.

“He does and I always feel bad that I don’t really express my feelings that much, and I’m still a little bit awkward in everything,” I said.

“Ada, I’m happy for you and besides if you are happy, then I’m happy. Do you like him or you are dating him just because you want to challenge yourself to change?” he asked and there was a moment of silence.

“I think I do, he’s great and he never seems to give up on me, but it’s still hard for me to adapt. It's my first time and I don’t know if I’m doing okay or not,” I said honestly.

“Relationship is about give and take Ada. He can’t always give you and shower you with love but you have to do the same for him, you understand?”

“I get it. You’re a good husband,” I hissed and he laughed.

I’m so proud of you for trying new things and challenging yourself. You are doing great and I’m so happy for you,” he said and I smiled.

“Thanks.”

“If he hurts you, let me know. I will k!ll him and feed him to the crocodiles.

“Alright, I will.”

We laughed out loud.

To be continued…
Frank The Writer

Don’t be a ghost reader

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by Candid2022: 5:47pm On Sep 11, 2023
Thanks for the update frank. My front seat still dey for only me

1 Like

Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by Pinkdimples: 6:24pm On Sep 11, 2023
Candid2022:
Thanks for the update frank.
My front seat still dey for only me
Only you ke! Is like you wan see better fight this evening 😄 I get power oh 💪

1 Like

Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by slimsophiediva(f): 9:24am On Sep 12, 2023
Awwn Ada is now falling in love with ckay
I hope she lets him know about her profession sha

1 Like

Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 12:37pm On Sep 12, 2023
slimsophiediva:
Awwn Ada is now falling in love with ckay
I hope she lets him know about her profession sha

Yeahhhhh😂😂
Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 3:18pm On Sep 12, 2023
Episode 21

~ Ckay's POV ~

I was speechless when I saw Ada. I couldn’t even say a word. She was wearing a short tight black dress that reveals her back. I couldn’t even say anything about it. I love it when it is for my eyes only but the idea of her having dinner with me in a restaurant dressing like that could make me go crazy.

She looked so beautiful that it hypnotized me right away. I was out of way and frustrated at the same time.
We were going to the place where I took her on a cozy dinner last time. She said she already booked a table. She insisted that I give the car to the velvet chauffeur because she said looking for a parking lot will be another 15 minutes.

She dragged me inside and we got into the staircase. I leaned my head slowly to her wanting a kiss and she only kissed me on the cheek.

“You are so mean.. today is my birthday, you should give me whatever I want,” I said and she chuckled but still not giving me what I wanted. She took my hand as soon as we were up the building. She told the staff her name and the staff led us inside.

My jaw dropped when I saw my parents and Ada's Dad. They were all sitting at a round table with a cake in the middle. They started to sing “Happy Birthday” songs for me as my Dad lit up the candles. I turned to Ada completely touched.

“Thank you,” I said and she nodded smiling.

“Now, make a wish and blow the candle,” my mom said. I closed my eyes and made the same wish that I asked when Ada surprised me. I opened my eyes again and blew out all the candles.

Ada's Dad hugged me and then my parents hugged me.

“Thanks, Babe,” I kissed Ada on her cheek.

“Wait. Am I missing something?” His Dad asked.

“We're dating,” Ada said and her father looked at her in disbelief.

“Since when?”

“Not long ago,” Ada answered and her Dad smiled.

“I am so happy for you.” He hugged her daughter and then he hugged me again.

“Thank you, Ckay,” he said and I smiled nodding.

We ate dinner and talked a lot thereafter. My parents loved Ada I was glad to see that.
After we ate dinner, Ada's Dad excused himself because he had to go somewhere.

“She’s amazing,” my mom said and I nodded.

“She is.”

“I’m glad that she opened up and I’m so proud of you Ckay,” my Dad said and I nodded.

“I wish your bro is here. I bet he would love Ada too,” I sighed and my mom hugged me.

“He misses you too, and I know he’s congratulating you from up there,” my mom said even though she was choking a little bit.

“Thank you, Mom. You guys can dance to the dance floor,” I said and they giggled.

“Do you want to dance?” I asked as I put my hand out in front of her.

“Before that, I have a present for you,” she said and I was a little nervous and excited. She took out a small box from her bag and gave it to me.

“Open it,” she said and I opened the box slowly. It was a necklace; thin and long. The kind that I liked. Not only that, it has my initials on it too.

“CK for Calvin Klein,” she said jokingly and I laughed.
I patted her head and kissed her cheek.

“Thank you, baby,” I said as I tried to wear it myself. She took the necklace for me and put it on.

“I love it,” I said as I leaned my head wanting to kiss her. She gave me a peck on my lips and I smiled. She took my hand and led me to the dance floor. We started to dance slowly and we both couldn’t stop looking at each other.

“Why are you looking at me like is there something in my teeth?” she asked and I chuckled shaking my head.

“Nothing. Just that you are so beautiful.”

“Happy birthday again, big boy. Stop being annoying and clingy,” she said as she poked my chest.

“You will miss me if I go to Uyo next week,” I smirked and she rolled her eyes.

“Isn’t it the other way round?”

We bought smiled and she leaned her head to my chest. I kissed the top of her head.

“You know I saw a lot of men looking at you.”

“I don’t care,” she said as I looked up at him.

“Do you want to go to the balcony?” she asked suddenly and I nodded. We walk towards the balcony filling the breeze hitting our skin. I gave her a back hug and kissed her unprotected.

“I’m fine,” she said as she took my hand making me face her. She caressed my cheek and smiled as she closed the gap between us. She cupped my face and kissed me. She kissed me slowly and then hugged me. I never received a hug from her before. It was always me who made the move towards her.

I hooked her back tightly and I never wanted anything in my life than that. I felt once comforted and complete. It was like I didn’t need anything anymore.

“You are staying with me tonight.”

“Again?” she asked.

“You need to cuddle me to sleep.”

“You are clingy.”

“Yeah, I am.”

~ Adannaya's POV ~

Today, I have a meeting for casting the actors and actresses for the movie of my first book. I was so excited to do this and yes I will come there as Adannaya not as Ifenkili. I told them that Ifenkili trusted me to see the casting process, so they won’t be suspicious.

Meanwhile, Ckay was in Uyo, having an important meeting, and it was already three days. He said he would come back home in the evening, and yes, I was excited. I missed him actually, even though I didn’t tell him that. We talked every night and it was cool.

Having a relationship it’s fun but I still had my walls up. I felt like I was starting to change and I kinda like it. I never regretted when I said yes to Ckay; to be his girlfriend, but I was still giving a little distance because you will never know. I still don’t want to fully surrender to him.

I walked into the building and I met the director Peter Omori. He was super nice and he was like a man in his 20s with jokes when the reality is that he was in his 40s. He introduced me to three other people who were in charge of casting the actors and the actresses.

Ada, I want you to meet the producer, Dike James. My eyes widened when Peter mentioned his name. I turned my head to him and he smiled at me. I looked at him coldly and pretended to shake his hand like it was our first meeting.
“She’s actually my friend, Dike said.

“Really? Well, I guess we’ll get along well,” Peter said and I just smiled at him politely.

“We will start in 20 minutes everyone,” Dorathy who was in charge of casting said.

“Can I have a word with you, Ada?” Dike asked and I nodded lightly. He led me outside the building.

“You are Ifenkili, aren't you?” he asked and I looked up to him coldly.

“Look, Dike, you and I will only talk about work here and I will not answer any question related to other things than work. If you think trying to be friends with me again in this project, burst those bubbles because we won’t. I hissed coldly and he sighed.

“Since when did you become this m@d? This is not you.”

“Things change, Dike. I’m Ada that you used to know. I’m different now.

“Ada, it’s complicated. I had no choice.”

“You could have explained to me a month after that or maybe a year after you left, but why now? It’s been seven years and my life was ruined, Dike. Someone is helping me to heal now and I don’t need you to come back into my life just to ruin it again,” I busted angrily, and walked back inside.

My phone vibrated and I took it out of my pocket. It was Ckay and I couldn’t help but smile. “I will see you in six hours.” I read his message aloud.

I walked inside and we started the casting process. I saw all the actors and actresses that came for the audition, and I saw one actress that might suit the story and her name is Cynthia. She was part of the actress that made waves in the industry in recent years, and she is a definition of a goddess.

Actors and actresses came in and auditioned for the movie but I didn’t seem to find someone suited to play the main character in my novel.

Next was Stan Ike. He was pretty suitable to play the supporting role of the main character.

“Should we take a break for 30 minutes? It’s been three hours and we still have two more hours Dike suggested because some actors were yet to arrive at the venue.

“Should we?” Dorothy asked.

“Yeah, let's take a break.” I got up from my seat and took a bottle of water that they bought. I walked out of the building and drank all the chilled water quickly. It was so frustrating to be in that room full of people for hours.

My phone suddenly rang, while I was taking it out..

“Hey, wanna grab something to eat together?” Dike asked. And I turned to him for a second before answering my phone.

“Hello.”

“Hey, babe. What are you doing?” He asked and I looked at the time.

“Aren’t you supposed to be on your flight?” I asked because he said he was going to arrive in Calabar around 3 p.m.

“Turn to your right.”

I quickly turned my body and I saw Ckay. He was waving at me with a bouquet. I smiled widely and ran to him. I hugged him tightly and he laughed.
“You miss me that much?” he asked and I didn’t answer that because I bet he knew that I miss him so much by my action.

“I thought you were going to arrive here around 6. How did you know I’m here?”

I asked Nelo and I wanted to surprise you. I’ve missed you. 3 days is pretty long,” he said and I nodded.

I released the hug and he leaned his face to me kissing me.
“Are you still working? he asked.

“We have a 30-minute break, and yes, I still have two hours to go.”

“What is the meeting about?” he asked.

“Casting for a future movie project,” I said and he nodded.

“Here is a beautiful flower for you my lady,” he smirked as he gave me the flower. I smiled and took it from him.

“Thank you. It's beautiful.

“Can I get a….,” he said as he pointed at his lips.

I chuckled and gave him a peek on his lips.
“I still have work ongoing, but it’s going to be more than two hours,” I said and he patted my head nodding.

“It's Okay. Do you want me to wait or…?”

“I will just see you later tonight,” I said.
“What’s with that guy? He kept looking at you,” Ckay asked and I turned to see Dike looking at me.

“He's…. Dike.”

“Dike? The one you told me,” Ckay busted.

“Yeah, but it’s Okay. I told him that we can’t be friends anymore,” I said trying to calm Ckay down.

“But still… what is he doing here?”

“He is the producer and I didn’t know. I didn’t check the lists…”

“Can I stay here with you?”

“You are tired. Aren’t you?” I asked.

“I am tired, but you will pay for it tonight. You’ll cuddle me to sleep,” he said and I chuckled.

“Okay, fine. You can stay here but you’ll wait in the waiting room,” I said and he nodded.

“Okay,” I said and took his hand to grab something to eat.

To be continued…
Frank The Writer

NB: This episode wasn't properly edited. You might encounter a few grammatical errors.
My bad. I was in a hurry and I had to post this late,.,

Don’t be a ghost reader

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by Pinkdimples: 4:20pm On Sep 12, 2023
Dike will probably be a problem,I hope he won't claim Ada by force though.

Thanks for the wonderful update ❤️

1 Like

Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by Candid2022: 6:34pm On Sep 12, 2023
Pinkdimples:
Only you ke! Is like you wan see better fight this evening 😄 I get power oh 💪

Chill, instead make u beg me. Me no dey even run from fight and as this story is concern that front seat I no go give am to anybody. grin
Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by Candid2022: 6:36pm On Sep 12, 2023
Ride on Frank, I dey ur back💪💪

1 Like

Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by vicbros75: 9:01pm On Sep 12, 2023
You are so loving frank d writer.ur story dey always burst my bubbles.keep it up broda.make nothing happen to this relationship ooo

1 Like

Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by Pinkdimples: 5:57am On Sep 13, 2023
Candid2022:

Chill, instead make u beg me. Me no dey even run from fight and as this story is concern that front seat I no go give am to anybody. grin
Lol 😂 Compulsory share 🤗
Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 8:36am On Sep 13, 2023
Candid2022:
Ride on Frank, I dey ur back💪💪

Thank you
Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 8:37am On Sep 13, 2023
vicbros75:
You are so loving frank d writer.ur story dey always burst my bubbles.keep it up broda.make nothing happen to this relationship ooo

Lol.. Let's watch and see if nothing will happen to it.

Thank you for engaging
Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by frankwriter(m): 11:30pm On Sep 14, 2023
Episode 22

~ Adannaya's POV ~

After eating real quick, we walked back towards the building. We walked inside and guess what? Dike bumped into us at the front door.

“Hi, you must be Ada's boyfriend,” Dike started the conversation.

“Yes, I am. You are?” Ckay answered in a cold tone but still managed to be polite.

“I’m Dike James, the producer here, and Ada's....hmm, we knew each other,” Dike said nervously.

“Everyone, let's continue,” Dorothy called us in.

“I have to go you… will wait here right?” I asked Ckay and he nodded.

“Okay…go in there,” Ckay smiled at me and gave me a peck on my lip. I walked inside the audition room again and sat beside Peter Omori. Dike walked in not long after me, and he sat at the end of the table.

Stan walked in and started auditioning. I kinda liked his acting skills but something was missing though. I couldn’t see charisma in him.
The next one was Richard and I kinda liked him too but still not right.

“Linda Osifo was next. I love her,” Dorothy said and yes, Linda entered. Oh boy, she was more beautiful in real life, and just by staring there, she was perfect for the role of the supporting major role.

“Hello everyone, I’m Linda Osifo,” she introduced herself, and then she started acting. Oh boy, she was good.

I turned to Peter and he gave me a nod already. Linda kept showing us her skills in acting and she was damn good. When she left the room, we all cheered right away. We found our supporting major role and I excused myself for a moment because I wanted to personally talk to her.

I walked out of the room and called Linda. I asked her to come with me to another empty room.

“Is it okay if I call you Linda?” I asked politely.

“Of course, everything is okay,” she answered and I smiled.

“Did you read the book?”

“Of course, I love Ifenkili's book and even auditioning for the movie meant a lot to me,” she said excitedly.

“Well, I really love your acting and I think you really suit to be playing the main role, but let's see how it goes first. We might still consider it. I know we still need to talk about it as a team but still, I admire your acting skill.”

“Thank you so much, Ms. Ada. I was nervous…”

“Actually, I'm Ifenkili,” I announced to her and her eyes widened. She covered her mouth with her hand completely shocked, and she was speechless now.

“Wow, I’m your biggest fan. When will you release your new book?” she asked right away and I chuckled.

“I always keep my identity a secret and I only reveal it to some people. I wanted to tell you personally that you did remarkable and I want you to play the main role in the movie.

“Thank you, miss Ifenkili.”

“Oh, just call me Ada. Ifenkili isn’t my real name. I made that up,” I smiled and she nodded.

“Thank you, Ada.”

“Okay, I just wanted to say that, because you impressed me. You can go now and after the main character is finalized, we’ll let you know,” I said and she smiled.
She puts her hand in front of me and I shook it. We walked out of the room together and she bid her goodbyes.

I walked back into the casting room to continue the casting process. They would continue the casting process tomorrow and I won’t be joining that because I have another important meeting.

After three hours, I walked out of the room and walked towards the waiting room. I saw Ckay sleeping on the sofa and I couldn’t help but smile.
I walked towards him slowly and knelt closer to him. I slowly caressed his cheek and he moved a little bit. I started to kiss him on his cheek and he opened his eyes.

“Hey… you’re tired?” I asked and he nodded. He got up slowly and I put my hand in front of him.

“What do you want for dinner?” I asked.

“Anything…., ” he said as I looked around.

“Let's go, I’m done. Did you come with your car here or ?”

“Yeah…,” he nodded and I pulled him to get up. We walked out of the building and before we could walk towards the parking lots, Dike called me and he walked towards me right away.

Ckay's body was tensed and I held his hand tightly.

“Ada… Uhm, can we talk tomorrow?” He asked me.

“No.”

“Please…it's about the cast…,”

“I have an important meeting tomorrow and I can’t talk to you.”

“It's about work, ” he said.

“I’ll ask Peter later on,” I interrupted him and Ckay took a step forward.

“Stay away from my girlfriend,” he hissed coldly and I pulled Ckay away. We walked towards his car and I took the car key from him.

“Hey.”

“I’m driving.”

“I will drive. Give me the car key."

“Shut up! I said and gestured for him to get inside. I got into the driver's seat and started the car.

“Okay…I’m going to send my parents a long message first,” he said and I smacked his arm laughing.

“I’m a good driver. You won’t die. I hissed and he laughed.

“Hey… I miss your dogs.”

“No…I still need time to settle in, besides they are happier in my parent's house,” he said and I turned to him in disbelief.

I connected my phone with his Bluetooth speaker in the car. I turned my favorite Rema's single (Calm Down).

“I like the beat,” he said and I started to drive away.

“Where are you taking me to?”

“To evil forests to k!ll you,” I said in a serious tone.

“Yeah… right. Your body size is just half of my size. How can you carry me and k!ll me?”

“I have a superpower,” I said and he laughed.

“You are such a weirdo.”

"Let it be."

~ Ckay's POV ~

Ada was currently staring at my hand and looking at it like she was observing it for some reason. She suddenly put his hand slowly on mine and then she intertwined her fingers with mine. I chuckled seeing her being so curious and just trying to express her feelings.

“Aren’t you tired?” She asked me suddenly.

“Yeah,” I answered honestly and I turned to her. She was already looking at me and she smiled.

“Take a shower and go to sleep. I will take this out,” she said as she tried to pull her hand tightly making her confused. She tried again but I shook my head.

“You are tired. Your eyes are falling.”

“I just don’t want the night to end,” I said as I looked up to the sky. She stood up and tried to pull me up from the seat. I kept my body down making it difficult to pull me up.

“Come on….you have to take a shower and sleep.”

“You are staying, right?” I asked and she nodded. I got up and walked inside. I took fresh clothes out of my closet and my eyes landed on Ada who was currently cleaning the pizza box and the crumbs on the table on the balcony.

I walked into the bathroom and took a quick shower. After that, I walked out of the bedroom. As I dried my hair, I turned my head to the balcony, but she wasn’t there.

I walked out of my room and found her calling someone. I showed myself to her and she gestured me to wait. I walked to the kitchen to make tea while hearing her speaking on the phone. She was talking about work, editing, book covers, and stuff.

“No, I can’t come tomorrow. But I can check on it on Friday. Okay….ok.. bye,” she ended the call and she got up from the sofa.

“Is everything Okay?”

“Yeah, everything is fine,” She said as she walked towards me.

“It’s your turn to take a shower,” I said as I waited for my water to boil. She stood beside me and then she sat on the kitchen table saying nothing.

“You okay?” I asked and she started to caress my cheek. She cupped my face and looked at it observing like she did earlier.

“Ada?”

“I..I think.”

“You what? Don’t even think about breaking up, because we do..,”

"Hmmm...," she interrupted.

My whole body got tensed and my heart beat so fast.

“What are you trying to say then? Are you trying to break up with me?” I asked her suspiciously because she had been observing and just acting a little bit odd.

“Huh? Break up with you? No!" She looked at me surprised.

“Then what?”

“I think I’ve missed you,” she said and my heart melted. I was so tense earlier because she kept looking at me like she was already to leave me or something.

“You do?” I asked and she nodded. I hugged her right away and chuckled.

“I missed you too,” I finished my meeting early and changed my flights to see you,” I said honestly.

“I can’t really sleep, ” she said in a small tone.

“Really? You missed me that much?” I asked him in a teasing tone and she pushed me away.

"You are annoying. You are ruining the mood," she hissed and I laughed.

"Take a shower and let’s go to bed," I said as I pulled her body up helping her to get down.

"Do you think I should talk to Dike?" she suddenly asked.

"Well, I don’t really like that guy, but since he used to be your best friend, and he did hurt you at some points, I still think you two should talk once... once," I said as we walked towards my room together.

"I will take a quick shower and go to sleep," she said.

"I will wait for you."

"Okay," she said and she walked into the bedroom. I lay on my bed and looked up at the ceiling. I couldn’t help but smile when she said she missed me. My heart was just full of joy at that point and I just couldn't express the happiness inside of me.
I turned on some music and closed my eyes as I was waiting for Ada to come out. I opened my eyes right away and when the bedroom door opened, her body was wrapped in a white towel as she walked towards my closet taking my hoodie out. She wore it and she looked at the mirror to fix her hair.

"Do you want me to turn off the lights?" she asked and turned to me.

"Yes," I said. She nodded, turned off the light, and walked towards me. She lay beside me and I put her clothes on.

"You must be tired. You need some sleep."

"I want to spend time talking to you. Is it a crime?" I asked and she chuckled.

"You have work tomorrow."

"No, I’m taking a break tomorrow. How about you?"

"I have an early meeting tomorrow, but after that, I’m done."

"Let’s go to the beach tomorrow," I suggested.

"Okay."

"Let’s stay there for a night. How’s that?"

"Are you sure you are not busy?" she asked in a careful tone.

"Yeah. Don’t worry," I said as I kissed the top of her head.

There was silence between us for a few seconds.

"Ckay?"

"Umm," I answered as I closed my eyes.

"What will happen if we break up?"

"Why do you ask that? Do you really want to break up with me that much?" I asked in a really small tone.

"I mean, you never know. It might happen."

“I don’t I don’t really like the idea of you talking about it. I never even think about it when I’m with you,” I said seriously, completely hating the fact that she was imagining the break-up.

“Sorry I just…well, nothing.”

“I’m happy now. I hope you are happy too. I’m happy when I'm with you. I don’t want to think about something bad that will happen between us,” I said and she suddenly kissed my cheek.

“Now, go to sleep,” she said as she patted my stomach slowly.

After that, I went to Dreamland.

To be continued…
© Frank The Writer

Don’t be a ghost reader

4 Likes

Re: Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+ by Pinkdimples: 7:29am On Sep 15, 2023
Well done. Frank

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Which Nigerian Poem Is Your Best? / The Irresistible Arrest (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) / Diary Of A Uniben Student !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.