Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,113 members, 7,821,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

Peter Obi/labour Party Vs Inec/tinubu/shettima/apc Final Written Address - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi/labour Party Vs Inec/tinubu/shettima/apc Final Written Address (7503 Views)

Tinubu To Tribunal: Obi/LP's Petition, Final Written Address Is Fiction / Tinubu And Shettima Head To Osun For APC Final Campaign Rally / Aisha Buhari, Dolapo Osinbajo At Kogi APC Final Campaign Rally (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi/labour Party Vs Inec/tinubu/shettima/apc Final Written Address by Enice(m): 6:07pm On Jul 21, 2023
PaellaPaella:

Didirin stop the gibberish , do you know better than Obi legal team? dey play grin ;
Do I know better you say! I know a failure when I see one. You're one, you are so stack dumb to the extent it's tending to imbecility. Don't make stupid comments on the net they say but you are so proud in your ignorance! Basking in foolishness and idiocy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi/labour Party Vs Inec/tinubu/shettima/apc Final Written Address by PaellaPaella: 6:08pm On Jul 21, 2023
Lotanna2:

Obi and atiku never said they won the polls

Garfiled1 this Moniker will not change anything for Tinubu situation, Asiwaju is gone for good.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi/labour Party Vs Inec/tinubu/shettima/apc Final Written Address by PaellaPaella: 6:09pm On Jul 21, 2023
Enice:
Do I know better you say! I know a failure when I see one. You're one, you are so stack dumb to the extent it's tending to imbecility. Don't make stupid comments on the net they say but you are so proud in your ignorance! Basking in foolishness and idiocy

Keep on giving yourself false hope, please do not keep sniper close when the final verdict is out, my two cent

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi/labour Party Vs Inec/tinubu/shettima/apc Final Written Address by Enice(m): 6:13pm On Jul 21, 2023
DesChyko:

Noted. So the documents on the iREV are what? 😁

You may want to take a look at this before you respond. Precisely, Page 4, Implementation Procedure, No. 1.
https://inecnigeria.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/Electronic_Transmission___Collation_Of_Result-5.pdf

Confidently spewing premium trash 😂

Shocker! Wasn't it APC/INEC lawyers saying iRev is not a collation system? INEC documents disagrees with them completely
Upper Iweka election guidelines. When INEC made those guidelines, nobody checked as the law affects it. Now breeze don blow, fowl yansh open. Oga! INEC cannot make guidelines that supercede the evidence act. The law is the law! grin funny people

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi/labour Party Vs Inec/tinubu/shettima/apc Final Written Address by DesChyko: 6:15pm On Jul 21, 2023
Enice:
EC8As are originals, IREVs are photocopies.
Photocopies of what? Form EC8A right? So in a nutshell, the Form EC8As are what is supposed to be on the iREV just as your CV and Government ID is in your workplace. If there are differences between what is there and what is here, it is not a photocopy. It is a fake.

The courts do not use photocopies.
The courts do not use originals either. They just want certified true copies. If the original is not certified, it will be rejected. Even if it's a duplicate of a duplicated duplicate; when the issuer certifies them, they are good. INEC certified those documents, so that argument is dead.

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi/labour Party Vs Inec/tinubu/shettima/apc Final Written Address by toxict14: 6:16pm On Jul 21, 2023
It will take a miracle for Tinubu to survive this.
Kudos to Obi legal team.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi/labour Party Vs Inec/tinubu/shettima/apc Final Written Address by DesChyko: 6:18pm On Jul 21, 2023
Enice:
When INEC made those guidelines.

Well, there is a link to INEC's official website staring at you in the face on that post, but you still choose to suggest I forged it and also question the genuineness of the document.

You'll deny even your very existence to defend fraud. After all, a lie needs more lies to bury it.
Re: Peter Obi/labour Party Vs Inec/tinubu/shettima/apc Final Written Address by Enice(m): 6:20pm On Jul 21, 2023
DesChyko:

Photocopies of what? Form EC8A right? So in a nutshell, the Form EC8As are what is supposed to be on the iREV just as your CV and Government ID is in your workplace. If there are differences between what is there and what is here, it is not a photocopy. It is a fake.

The courts do not use originals either. They just want certified true copies. If the original is not certified, it will be rejected. Even if it's a duplicate of a duplicated duplicate; when the issuer certifies them, they are good. INEC certified those documents, so that argument is dead.
No sir, INEC gave Obi what he requested. Copies of IREV as it is displayed. INEC will be foolish to tamper with evidence. Therefore, Obi just wasted his time going to court, sleeping in court, crying in court and wooing women in court.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi/labour Party Vs Inec/tinubu/shettima/apc Final Written Address by Enice(m): 6:22pm On Jul 21, 2023
DesChyko:

Well, there is a link to INEC's official website staring at you in the face on that post, but you still choose to suggest I forged it and also question the genuineness of the document.

You'll deny even your very existence to defend fraud. After all, a lie needs more lies to bury it.
Oga! I never said you forge it. What I'm saying is that at the time INEC made those guidelines, nobody cared to check the implications as it affects litigation.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi/labour Party Vs Inec/tinubu/shettima/apc Final Written Address by DesChyko: 6:26pm On Jul 21, 2023
Enice:
No sir, INEC gave Obi what he requested. Copies of IREV as it is displayed. INEC will be foolish to tamper with evidence.

It is clear you didn't follow the Elections Proceedings. You also missed the Press briefings where it was made clear that INEC is refusing to provide top copies as requested. I will take you to Page 3, Article IX on this document, since it also looks like you didn't read before passing judgement either.

Just dey play

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi/labour Party Vs Inec/tinubu/shettima/apc Final Written Address by PaellaPaella: 6:29pm On Jul 21, 2023
Enice:
No sir, INEC gave Obi what he requested. Copies of IREV as it is displayed. INEC will be foolish to tamper with evidence. Therefore, Obi just wasted his time going to court, sleeping in court, crying in court and wooing women in court.

Dude stop wailing, nothing is going to save Tinubu, you better start dealing with the fact than to continue with your illusion

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi/labour Party Vs Inec/tinubu/shettima/apc Final Written Address by Lotanna2: 6:35pm On Jul 21, 2023
DesChyko:

Not true.in osun,the court preferred the original accreditation record from bvas rather than the copy from server.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi/labour Party Vs Inec/tinubu/shettima/apc Final Written Address by Lotanna2: 6:36pm On Jul 21, 2023
DesChyko:

Guidelines cannot be used to nullify elections but electoral act

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi/labour Party Vs Inec/tinubu/shettima/apc Final Written Address by DesChyko: 6:51pm On Jul 21, 2023
Lotanna2:

Guidelines cannot be used to nullify elections but electoral act

Nice. Do you understand what Judicial precedence is? If you don't, read up on that, then read up on this judgement by the Supreme court in Faleke Vs INEC (2006)
https://www.opinionnigeria.com/faleke-v-inec2016-18-nwlr-pt-1543-at-61-an-examination-of-the-power-of-inec-to-declare-an-election-inconclusive-and-election-petition-tribunals-jurisdiction-by-oladele-kehinde-emmanuel/

Re: Peter Obi/labour Party Vs Inec/tinubu/shettima/apc Final Written Address by XY23: 6:55pm On Jul 21, 2023
Arapmoi22:

Don't expect such from hypocrites.

You go school so? Do you know what response/reply means? Can you reply to something that wasn't cited?
Re: Peter Obi/labour Party Vs Inec/tinubu/shettima/apc Final Written Address by Akwamkpuruamu: 6:59pm On Jul 21, 2023
Lotanna2:

Irev are secondary results.obi should have brought blurred hardcopy

That's the copies you see in those plastic boxes dropped in the tribunal

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi/labour Party Vs Inec/tinubu/shettima/apc Final Written Address by walex2(m): 7:02pm On Jul 21, 2023
hardbody:

English grammar is not your mate!!!
go to the bank and use your grammar to collect Dollar, just like Obi your failure promax, I don't need any grammar to make my money. Just like Indian and Chinese people live well in Naija while you continue to suffer with your lunatic foreign language

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi/labour Party Vs Inec/tinubu/shettima/apc Final Written Address by XY23: 7:03pm On Jul 21, 2023
Lotanna2:

Irev are secondary results.obi should have brought blurred hardcopy

You should have also read AA's reply about the 'burden of proof'. With what results did INEC declare BAT winner, if they certified the iREV results? Were there any other results with them? If yes, why did they not use them in their defence? In simple terms, INEC had no defence. But they may have won on one ground: a possible rerun since they dont have hard copy evidence of all valid votes cast at PUs. Whether BAT will participate is an issue no one can preempt.

I have read both, try and do same. If for anything, it won't make you argue blindly.
Re: Peter Obi/labour Party Vs Inec/tinubu/shettima/apc Final Written Address by DesChyko: 7:03pm On Jul 21, 2023
Lotanna2:

Not true.in osun,the court preferred the original accreditation record from bvas rather than the copy from server.

That's for the Osun Court and the matter of the BVAS. The kernel here is quite different

Nonetheless, Section 89 of the Evidence Act states “Secondary evidence may be given of the existence, condition or content of a document when: (a) The original is shown or appears to be in the possession or power –
(i) of the person against whom the document is sought to be proved, or
(ii) of any person legally bound to produce it and such person does not produce it

This document is to be used against INEC and is in possession of INEC. And INEC did not provide it even with a subpoena, choosing to provide instead, that of the iREV alone. What's more important is that INEC certified it. So their actions and the admissibility of those Form EC8A is provided for by this Section.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi/labour Party Vs Inec/tinubu/shettima/apc Final Written Address by mattgoners(m): 7:05pm On Jul 21, 2023
Obi has no case.....period!!!

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi/labour Party Vs Inec/tinubu/shettima/apc Final Written Address by BabaRamota1980: 7:07pm On Jul 21, 2023
Hey, hold on a minute.

When does a candidate nomination become statutory?

Is it when announcement is made, as was the case on Sunday, 10th of July, 2022 when Tinubu, after a visit to Buhari in Daura, announced Shettima as his nominated VP.....or is it on Thursday, July 14th, 2022 when APC Chairman Adamu submitted the candidate update to INEC?

Re: Peter Obi/labour Party Vs Inec/tinubu/shettima/apc Final Written Address by PaellaPaella: 7:09pm On Jul 21, 2023
mattgoners:
Obi has no case.....period!!!

I can't wait to see your tear and pain when Tinubu is finally send back to Lagos or Iragbiji

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi/labour Party Vs Inec/tinubu/shettima/apc Final Written Address by XY23: 7:20pm On Jul 21, 2023
Lol. Let me try and understand your arguments for once. It is true that neither PO nor AA could prove they won the highest lawful votes cast. I read both responses thoroughly. But guess what? The 1st respondents couldn't prove that BAT did same. Why? the umpire (INEC) simply conducted elections and flew the evidence to Mars (figurative). They couldn't defend what they declared (e.g. EC38A for rivers). PO was able to prove however, that he won in Rivers and Benue (making a total of 14 states).

Now, the thrust of both petitions is NON-COMPLIANCE with electoral law. It has also been established that INEC guidelines are not rhetoric, they're backed by the law with which it operates.

Possible verdict: Rerun (unless the court feels such departure from the law is not substantial). The FCT issue will set a precedent, no need arguing about that. Whether BAT will partake in the rerun or not depends on the other issues. In all, let justice be seen to be done.
Confirmedzombie:
I spent almost one hour reading this brief from obi lawyers.

No mention of how many votes he got, no mention of how he obi won the election but only wants a rerun or cancellation.

I think obi must as a matter of urgency demand for refunds from his legal team.

I suspect obi lawyers were bribed to write this brief.

This is End of the road for obi.
Re: Peter Obi/labour Party Vs Inec/tinubu/shettima/apc Final Written Address by 07kjb: 7:23pm On Jul 21, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
So you did not read where he wrote he won Rivers and Benue which is 14 STATES AND Tinubu reduced to 10 states

They didn't even read it stop wasting your time replying peanut collectors

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi/labour Party Vs Inec/tinubu/shettima/apc Final Written Address by 07kjb: 7:26pm On Jul 21, 2023
An unbiased justice will not only disqualify TINUBU but should also order his arrest for trying to make a mess of NIGERIAN democracy
Re: Peter Obi/labour Party Vs Inec/tinubu/shettima/apc Final Written Address by Lotanna2: 7:39pm On Jul 21, 2023
DesChyko:

That's for the Osun Court and the matter of the BVAS. The kernel here is quite different

Nonetheless, Section 89 of the Evidence Act states “Secondary evidence may be given of the existence, condition or content of a document when: (a) The original is shown or appears to be in the possession or power –
(i) of the person against whom the document is sought to be proved, or
(ii) of any person legally bound to produce it and such person does not produce it

This document is to be used against INEC and is in possession of INEC. And INEC did not provide it even with a subpoena, choosing to provide instead, that of the iREV alone. What's more important is that INEC certified it. So their actions and the admissibility of those Form EC8A is provided for by this Section.

Inec demonstrated clearly with rivers copy that what is different on the hardcopy is more authentic than the blurred copies and that blurriness can be from bad camera,posture,weather etc
Re: Peter Obi/labour Party Vs Inec/tinubu/shettima/apc Final Written Address by Lotanna2: 7:40pm On Jul 21, 2023
XY23:

You should have also read AA's reply about the 'burden of proof'. With what results did INEC declare BAT winner, if they certified the iREV results? Were there any other results with them? If yes, why did they not use them in their defence? In simple terms, INEC had no defence. But they may have won on one ground: a possible rerun since they dont have hard copy evidence of all valid votes cast at PUs. Whether BAT will participate is an issue no one can preempt.

I have read both, try and do same. If for anything, it won't make you argue blindly.

Atiku failed to discharge burden of proof.instead of him to prove his allegations,he expected inec to prove or discharge the burden.
Re: Peter Obi/labour Party Vs Inec/tinubu/shettima/apc Final Written Address by Lotanna2: 7:40pm On Jul 21, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:

That's the copies you see in those plastic boxes dropped in the tribunal

Which they failed to demonstrate in court
Re: Peter Obi/labour Party Vs Inec/tinubu/shettima/apc Final Written Address by Lotanna2: 7:42pm On Jul 21, 2023
DesChyko:

Nice. Do you understand what Judicial precedence is? If you don't, read up on that, then read up on this judgement by the Supreme court in Faleke Vs INEC (2006)
https://www.opinionnigeria.com/faleke-v-inec2016-18-nwlr-pt-1543-at-61-an-examination-of-the-power-of-inec-to-declare-an-election-inconclusive-and-election-petition-tribunals-jurisdiction-by-oladele-kehinde-emmanuel/

The supreme court severally stated that manual or guidelines cannot be used to nullify elections esp when it is contrary to the electoral act.the electoral act backed by a fhc judgment clearly stated that inec can transmit as it likes
Re: Peter Obi/labour Party Vs Inec/tinubu/shettima/apc Final Written Address by mattgoners(m): 7:42pm On Jul 21, 2023
PaellaPaella:

I can't wait to see your tear and pain when Tinubu is finally send back to Lagos or Iragbiji
I dont like Tinubu...and i actually voted Obi...but if you think a court will nullify last election or declare Obi d winner...you are on a long thing...
Even Obi knows dat...
Re: Peter Obi/labour Party Vs Inec/tinubu/shettima/apc Final Written Address by Keegan: 7:43pm On Jul 21, 2023
PaellaPaella:

You have posted the most on this thread and 99.99% of them are irrelevant, senseless. Give yourself a break.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian President’s Luck Runs Out On Fuel Gamble -Financial Times / OFFICIAL!! INEC RELEASES PRESIDENTIAL RESULT OF OGUN STATE!!!! / Labour Party Crisis: Court Bars Abdulsalam From Party Secretariat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.