Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,769 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:21 PM

Gov Uba Sani: Eight Thousand Naira Cash Transfer Is A Scam - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Uba Sani: Eight Thousand Naira Cash Transfer Is A Scam (24981 Views)

Buhari Conditional Cash Transfer Of N20,000 In Imo State / Coronavirus: FG Starts Immediate Cash Transfer To Poorest Households - Farouk / Uba Sani: Senator’s Nude Video, Photo Go Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Uba Sani: Eight Thousand Naira Cash Transfer Is A Scam by ganisucks(f): 9:50pm On Jul 21, 2023
Governor Uba Sani of Kaduna state, has described the proposed cash transfer policy of the Federal Government as a scam.

Sule stated this while speaking in an interview with Arise Television’s News Night on Friday.

The governor said, “My position has always been that, at this critical time, cash transfer should not be something that we should bring up, completely. I think that cash transfer for me, in my opinion, is a scam. Completely is a scam. I can be very certain about that, because who are you transferring the money to?

“Let me give an example, go and check the current statistics. Like I said, as the Chairman, Committee of Banking for four years in Nigeria, I oversight Central Bank, I oversight all the commercial sector of our economy for the last four years and I look at the statistics, I will be very firm on this issue and you can go and check it.

“About 70 to 75 percent of the rural population in North West are financially excluded completely. You will have to go and check, these people we are talking about are important people in the society. They do not even have a bank account so who are you transferring the money to?

“Let’s try and work very hard to make sure that they are financially included, that is the most important thing and I will like to call on our development partners, the World Bank, to put more money towards bringing more people into the financial services and the vulnerable in particular.

“Let’s put more money to ensure that we open accounts for them, get them involved, if we don’t do that, no matter what we do however you do it, money will go to the wrong people, that’s the fact.”

President Bola Tinubu had earlier unveiled his administration’s plan for a monthly N8,000 transfer to 12 million of the poorest households in the country for six months, in a bid to cushion the effects of the removal of fuel subsidy.

The plan was contained in a letter read last Thursday on the floor of the House of Representatives regarding the $800 million loan request of the previous Muhammadu Buhari administration for a social safety net programme.

But days after the announcement, the Federal Government said it will review the move following the public outcry it generated among Nigerians.

Recall that following the removal of the petrol subsidy and the recent hike in petrol prices to up to N617/litre, the National Executive Council (NEC) agreed on palliative measures for Nigerians.

NEC also considered integrity tests on state social registers, cash transfers would be done via state social registers subject to state peculiarities.

The Federal Government also initiated a six-month cash award policy for public servants.

According to the Federal Government, food items grains and fertilizers are to be distributed by state governments at the rate acquired from National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), while states were asked to double down on energy transition plans in the transport sector.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/07/subsidy-removal-cash-transfer-is-scam-kaduna-gov-uba-sanni/amp/

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov Uba Sani: Eight Thousand Naira Cash Transfer Is A Scam by ganisucks(f): 9:51pm On Jul 21, 2023
Kikiki... 😆😅🤣😂

Balabu don jam Elephant Rufai. If you promise Elrufai toothpick and you don't give him. Ehn! Na so so rough tackle him go give you till you kpai.

174 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Gov Uba Sani: Eight Thousand Naira Cash Transfer Is A Scam by OfficialAPCNig: 9:54pm On Jul 21, 2023
Kano and Kaduna state governors have both kicked against the policy. According to them, the policy was skewed against the North

95 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Gov Uba Sani: Eight Thousand Naira Cash Transfer Is A Scam by ganisucks(f): 9:57pm On Jul 21, 2023
OfficialAPCNig:
Kano and Kaduna state governors have both kicked against the policy. According to them, the policy was skewed against the North
This is not about policy. This one is rough tackle.

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gov Uba Sani: Eight Thousand Naira Cash Transfer Is A Scam by gaby(m): 9:58pm On Jul 21, 2023
What says the El-Midget?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov Uba Sani: Eight Thousand Naira Cash Transfer Is A Scam by paramakina202: 10:15pm On Jul 21, 2023
Even though I agree with him that the 8k transfer policy is a scam but must government do everything for the northerners?
Is it FG government responsibility to open bank account for illiterate citizens?
Why can't these Hausa/Fulani help themselves?

205 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Gov Uba Sani: Eight Thousand Naira Cash Transfer Is A Scam by Hezzyluv: 10:24am On Jul 22, 2023
If the 8k transfer Policy kick start, go and verify yourself. You will ask 100people if any have receive his or her 8k? Their answers will be we no receive anything oo. And to shock person more, these 100 people will ask another 100 with the same answer.

With the hardship on rampage, some greedy idiots would still pocket the money. undecided

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Gov Uba Sani: Eight Thousand Naira Cash Transfer Is A Scam by OMEGA009(m): 10:24am On Jul 22, 2023
A
Re: Gov Uba Sani: Eight Thousand Naira Cash Transfer Is A Scam by ATEAMS: 10:24am On Jul 22, 2023
Indeed
Re: Gov Uba Sani: Eight Thousand Naira Cash Transfer Is A Scam by Sonnobax15(m): 10:24am On Jul 22, 2023
lipsrsealed
I don't think the 8k is the problem...But knowing anybody wey know person wey know person wey know person wey know another person is the problem..

8 Likes

Re: Gov Uba Sani: Eight Thousand Naira Cash Transfer Is A Scam by Paperwhite(m): 10:25am On Jul 22, 2023
shocked Even APC sef now knows and acknowledged that APC is a scam. Meaning they know Hajia Sadiya Sadiq have been committing corruption in that her ministry of humanitarian disaster. Interesting times ahead.

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gov Uba Sani: Eight Thousand Naira Cash Transfer Is A Scam by Muhylonaire007: 10:25am On Jul 22, 2023
Lol.... Even a toddler knows grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Uba Sani: Eight Thousand Naira Cash Transfer Is A Scam by 542gilingo: 10:25am On Jul 22, 2023
Of course we all know
Re: Gov Uba Sani: Eight Thousand Naira Cash Transfer Is A Scam by Treasure17(m): 10:25am On Jul 22, 2023
Only clowns like Tinubu apologists will disagree.

20 Likes

Re: Gov Uba Sani: Eight Thousand Naira Cash Transfer Is A Scam by osuofia2(m): 10:26am On Jul 22, 2023
Voice of elrufai behind.. but he is right. Conditional 8k cash transfer is absurd just like the PMB useless cash transfer

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Uba Sani: Eight Thousand Naira Cash Transfer Is A Scam by Funkyswagzz(m): 10:26am On Jul 22, 2023
We already know u don't need to tell us. This is exactly what agbadorians wanted and most of them don't care as far as there master is the president

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Uba Sani: Eight Thousand Naira Cash Transfer Is A Scam by Rootprof(m): 10:26am On Jul 22, 2023
Clowns.
They have no good plans on how to fix things. Tinubu just remove subsidy on the ground that he as said it. No plans nothing. In this present economy what can 8k do ? It's an insult on us. Not to talk of the sharks that will embezzle half of the money. Yeye pupo. Agabya ika olori gbeske lipsrsealed

7 Likes

Re: Gov Uba Sani: Eight Thousand Naira Cash Transfer Is A Scam by Franzinni: 10:26am On Jul 22, 2023
Candidlady I guess you done collect BAN too as you set me up for a ban last month. I am back and i am hitting the ground flying !!!

This 8k stipend is a big scam, first off all what can the money do ? For the average man for a month? Now we crown that with the fact that the money will never reach its destination and also thousands will be scammed by yahoo boys like they did during palliative era.

I am beginning to realize there is barely any hope for Nigeria, Nigeria is filled to the brim with opportunist who will offer thier mother to get a headway. And the youths .... What a joke!!!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov Uba Sani: Eight Thousand Naira Cash Transfer Is A Scam by NamelessOGBENI(m): 10:26am On Jul 22, 2023
Na wetin we know na.

Make dem reduce the cost of governance first if I'm to take them serious, the current crop of politicians are in for the favors and money and not for the greater good of the people.

2 Likes

Re: Gov Uba Sani: Eight Thousand Naira Cash Transfer Is A Scam by Lastmankc(m): 10:26am On Jul 22, 2023
It will favour me and my family
Re: Gov Uba Sani: Eight Thousand Naira Cash Transfer Is A Scam by illicit(m): 10:26am On Jul 22, 2023
Its always about them

So far as they are not involved, nothing must happen

Who send them not to have accounts but they have ammunitions

6 Likes

Re: Gov Uba Sani: Eight Thousand Naira Cash Transfer Is A Scam by Qadaffi2idiamin: 10:26am On Jul 22, 2023
Corn lovers how far

2 Likes

Re: Gov Uba Sani: Eight Thousand Naira Cash Transfer Is A Scam by Oscarchims: 10:26am On Jul 22, 2023
El rufais pupp

1 Like

Re: Gov Uba Sani: Eight Thousand Naira Cash Transfer Is A Scam by othermen: 10:26am On Jul 22, 2023
I must confess that I find it quite perplexing why he takes pride in being a member of a committee overseeing the most financially reckless central bank in the history of our nation.

The CBN's corrupt fiscal and monetary policies, as well as Emefiele's refusal to attend summons (evading responsibility and operating with impunity), are evident issues that cannot be ignored if he must be so proud of his woeful last 4 years serving himself in the legislature.

It appears contradictory that he deems it a scam to claim that millions of people are excluded from the financial system (not the electoral system), yet would not hesitate to support spending exorbitant amounts on a committee supposedly responsible for achieving such financial inclusion which even if achieved, is merely superficial as even those inclusive are perhaps more impoverished.

The real scam lies in the illusion that a mere #8000 can alleviate the impoverished state of countless Nigerians.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Uba Sani: Eight Thousand Naira Cash Transfer Is A Scam by rxmusa(m): 10:26am On Jul 22, 2023
My Governor 👐
The person that took over from the Best Governor Kaduna State has ever had, Gov. Nasir Ahmad El-rufai.

This man is really ready to sustain the legacy of El-rufai
Re: Gov Uba Sani: Eight Thousand Naira Cash Transfer Is A Scam by pazob: 10:26am On Jul 22, 2023
smiley
Re: Gov Uba Sani: Eight Thousand Naira Cash Transfer Is A Scam by Curse777: 10:27am On Jul 22, 2023
cool
Re: Gov Uba Sani: Eight Thousand Naira Cash Transfer Is A Scam by emmanuel596(m): 10:27am On Jul 22, 2023
huge sscam
Re: Gov Uba Sani: Eight Thousand Naira Cash Transfer Is A Scam by Highways: 10:27am On Jul 22, 2023
We are fully aware....

My pity goes out to the ones that they use to achieve their stealing aims...... Most especially the ones on nairaland....

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lekki Deep Seaport Begins Operations In 2023, Investor Assures Lagos Governor / FG Awards Zinox Technologies Over N85bn 2023 Digital Census Contract / Muhammadu Buhari Meeting With Kannywood Actors (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.