Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,139 members, 7,829,074 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Lionel Messi Becomes Only Player To Achieve Epic 700 Non-penalty Goals - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi Becomes Only Player To Achieve Epic 700 Non-penalty Goals (863 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Only Player To Score 100+ Goals In EPL, UCL & La Liga / Forbes: Messi Becomes Football's Second Billionaire, Tops List Of Earners / Messi Becomes The First Player Ever To Reach 1000 Goal Contributions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lionel Messi Becomes Only Player To Achieve Epic 700 Non-penalty Goals by Almiron: 9:06am On Jul 22, 2023
Lionel Messi created history in his debut in the US, by becoming the first player to score 700 non-penalty goals. His 700th goal was recorded during his debut for Inter Miami.

The Argentine appeared for Major League Soccer side Inter Miami and helped them to secure a win against Mexican side Cruz Azul in the Leagues Cup. Messi netted the winning goal in the final moments of the second half. The 36-year-old scored a magnificent free-kick strike from outside the box in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

Lionel Messi scored a non-penalty goal every 121 minutes which is the fastest in comparision to Cristiano Ronaldo, who scores a non-penalty goal every 138 minutes. The Portugal forward comes second in the tally with 686. He is currently playing for the Saudi club, Al Nassr. Messi will play maximum number of games at MLS to strengthen his lead over Ronaldo.

If we break down Messi’s 700 goals, his 621 goals came for the clubs, and 79 goals were recorded for his country. Ronaldo is ahead in international non-penalty goals with 105. Messi scored 111 non-penalty goals in UEFA Champions League and 74 goals in club competitions. His league goals are 436 which is also higher than Ronaldo who has netted 409 goals.

Messi spoke to the Apple TV broadcast after his 700th goal, “What I saw was the goal. I saw the goal, I knew that I had to score.”

He also added about his debut game, “It was the last play of the game and I wanted to score so we didn’t go to penalties. So it was very important for us to get this win, because it’s a new tournament this is going to give us confidence moving forward.”

Lionel Messi moved to Inter Miami from PSG as a free agent this summer. He won each trophy in his European club career. He recently was a part of the team that won the FIFA World Cup for Argentina. The 7-time Ballon d’Or winner will be happy to reach this milestone and would look to chase new glory in US.

https://www. insidesport.in/700-non-penalty-goals-messi-become-only-player-to-achieve-the-milestone/#

Nlfpmod mynd44 frontpage

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Becomes Only Player To Achieve Epic 700 Non-penalty Goals by Almiron: 9:08am On Jul 22, 2023
It’s done bro OJEEMAH

Nlfpmod frontpage

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi Becomes Only Player To Achieve Epic 700 Non-penalty Goals by Solofresh2: 9:11am On Jul 22, 2023
I love Ronaldo but I think Messi is a better player

5 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Becomes Only Player To Achieve Epic 700 Non-penalty Goals by Almiron: 9:17am On Jul 22, 2023
Solofresh2:
I love Ronaldo but I think Messi is a better player
I have nothing against Penaldo, but you see his uncouth fanbase that’s why I’m toxic. Most esp that mumu obemcry

4 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Becomes Only Player To Achieve Epic 700 Non-penalty Goals by Zaphnath1(m): 9:30am On Jul 22, 2023
I will put this thread on close marking to see whether it makes front page
messi am coming for you, I will achieve more than you all,
pendu fans will still find something to say

SHALOM

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Becomes Only Player To Achieve Epic 700 Non-penalty Goals by Numerouno94(m): 9:39am On Jul 22, 2023
Messi is not human. An incredible player, a player from another planet, a messiah sent to give joy to the world. Seeing him in action is always breath taking, heart stopping, jaw dropping, tears flowinggringrin. Wat a scintillating messiah. I lack the right adjectives to qualify him.

Camelnadians how fr? Una chop 5:0 from Celta still chop 4goals from Benfica back to back, Una bele go don full wit goals.gringrin

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi Becomes Only Player To Achieve Epic 700 Non-penalty Goals by JoshTim: 9:46am On Jul 22, 2023
He is also the best amongst the stars....you need to see GOATS and STARS of other sports coming to watch Messi.

6 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Becomes Only Player To Achieve Epic 700 Non-penalty Goals by Almiron: 9:59am On Jul 22, 2023
Numerouno94:
Messi is not human. An incredible player, a player from another planet, a messiah sent to give joy to the world. Seeing him in action is always breath taking, heart stopping, jaw dropping, tears flowinggringrin. Wat a scintillating messiah. I lack the right adjectives to qualify him.

Camelnadians how fr? Una chop 5:0 from Celta still chop 4goals from Benfica back to back, Una bele go don full wit goals.gringrin
loud it bro

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi Becomes Only Player To Achieve Epic 700 Non-penalty Goals by Almiron: 10:00am On Jul 22, 2023
Fira09 Lhordspy

Nlfpmod mynd44 frontpage
Re: Lionel Messi Becomes Only Player To Achieve Epic 700 Non-penalty Goals by Numerouno94(m): 10:11am On Jul 22, 2023
Almiron:
loud it bro
Lebron James, Kim Kardashian, Serena Williams and a host of other goats in their respective fields were there to witness the Messiah himself.

Beckham was crying after the goal. Lebron James was left in awe. All the celebs were struggling to have a chat wit Messi after the game. Make I stop here first b4 camelnadians go die of hypertension. gringrin

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi Becomes Only Player To Achieve Epic 700 Non-penalty Goals by Magnetic010: 10:12am On Jul 22, 2023
Did you see Serena Williams reaction when Messi took that freekick….

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Becomes Only Player To Achieve Epic 700 Non-penalty Goals by Almiron: 10:22am On Jul 22, 2023
Nlfpmod
Re: Lionel Messi Becomes Only Player To Achieve Epic 700 Non-penalty Goals by OJEEMAH(m): 10:30am On Jul 22, 2023
Almiron:
It’s done bro OJEEMAH

Nlfpmod frontpage
Good job bro 👍

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi Becomes Only Player To Achieve Epic 700 Non-penalty Goals by Almiron: 10:34am On Jul 22, 2023
OJEEMAH:
Good job bro 👍
make una tag Nlfpmod to push us to frontpage
Re: Lionel Messi Becomes Only Player To Achieve Epic 700 Non-penalty Goals by OJEEMAH(m): 10:42am On Jul 22, 2023
Numerouno94:

Lebron James, Kim Kardashian, Serena Williams and a host of other goats in their respective fields were there to witness the Messiah himself.

Beckham was crying after the goal. Lebron James was left in awe. All the celebs were struggling to have a chat wit Messi after the game. Make I stop here first b4 camelnadians go die of hypertension. gringrin
Yet those that have never seen an aircraft take off tell us say Americans don’t watch football and they don’t even know Messi.

In my whole life, I have never seen a fan base this delusional.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Becomes Only Player To Achieve Epic 700 Non-penalty Goals by OJEEMAH(m): 10:43am On Jul 22, 2023
Aswear, there are levels to this GOAT thing

While Mallams, Alhajis, Alfas and plumbers were busy welcoming and cheering one, the best in their respective fields were captured with smiling faces enjoying a glimpse of the Greatest Football Player of all Times and as expected, Messi didn’t disappoint.

First game, he end Inter Miami’s winless run in about 12games

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi Becomes Only Player To Achieve Epic 700 Non-penalty Goals by OJEEMAH(m): 10:54am On Jul 22, 2023
Almiron:
make una tag Nlfpmod to push us to frontpage
Nlfpmod, this thread is front page worthy. Kindly do the needful. Thank you 🙏

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi Becomes Only Player To Achieve Epic 700 Non-penalty Goals by acmev2(m): 11:16am On Jul 22, 2023
Respect to the true goat.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Becomes Only Player To Achieve Epic 700 Non-penalty Goals by Almiron: 11:19am On Jul 22, 2023
acmev2:
Respect to the true goat.
the only globally recognized 🐐

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Becomes Only Player To Achieve Epic 700 Non-penalty Goals by Almiron: 11:19am On Jul 22, 2023
Penaldo fans it’s gonna be a very long bumpy ride for una

Nlfpmod frontpage boss

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Becomes Only Player To Achieve Epic 700 Non-penalty Goals by LIVINGICONREBOR: 11:23am On Jul 22, 2023
Una no go kill person with laff.😀😀

Messi will keep on pressing all his haters necks. Another milestone for the IDAN of football.

4 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Becomes Only Player To Achieve Epic 700 Non-penalty Goals by ThierryJay: 11:56am On Jul 22, 2023
Numerouno94:

U missed where Di Maria measured Pendu like tailor before the Arabian Camel wrestled him down in typical fashion.

I hear say Di Magic sent Messi a text afterwards confirming that Ronaldo na correct 2 yard material.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi Becomes Only Player To Achieve Epic 700 Non-penalty Goals by Almiron: 1:02pm On Jul 22, 2023
Nlfpmod boss we need here too . Frontpage pls

Fira09 epp us tag him. I saw your post on the previous thread thanks boss
Re: Lionel Messi Becomes Only Player To Achieve Epic 700 Non-penalty Goals by Almiron: 1:03pm On Jul 22, 2023
ThierryJay:

U missed where Di Maria measured Pendu like tailor before the Arabian Camel wrestled him down in typical fashion.

I hear say Di Magic sent Messi a text afterwards confirming that Ronaldo na correct 2 yard material.
I saw the clip bro, it was fvcking hilarious 😂😂, he con bring him down. That guy na joke make I look for the meme brb

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Becomes Only Player To Achieve Epic 700 Non-penalty Goals by Kukutente23: 1:23pm On Jul 22, 2023
GOAT that scores 700 Goals without penalty
That one na goat?
Pendu for life
Re: Lionel Messi Becomes Only Player To Achieve Epic 700 Non-penalty Goals by Almiron: 1:24pm On Jul 22, 2023
Kukutente23:
GOAT that scores 700 Goals without penalty
That one na goat?
Pendu for life
another penadog spotted we like your tears

Re: Lionel Messi Becomes Only Player To Achieve Epic 700 Non-penalty Goals by Numerouno94(m): 1:37pm On Jul 22, 2023
ThierryJay:

Boss Camelnado fit die if he see this ur comment.😂😂

This ur Pendu two yard material na anoda Banga again. Boss ur own vawulence na rare breed like Messi.gringrin

U noticed how Pendu frown face after Di maria use am shine? Did maria completely stole the show. If Pendu get gun he for shoot Maria.

There is a news goin round that Pendu wants to leave Al Nassr already.

Pendu will b regretting not going to MLS, because him go wan die wit the Way all the American goats they celebrate Messi. As it is now, 70% of Americans re a fan of Messi. Even a Pendu fan called speed wateva, abandoned Pendu yesterday by pulling of Pendu's jersey and putting on Messi's jersey. Omo I dey feel for Camelnado.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Becomes Only Player To Achieve Epic 700 Non-penalty Goals by Numerouno94(m): 1:50pm On Jul 22, 2023
OJEEMAH:
Yet those that have never seen an aircraft take off tell us say Americans don’t watch football and they don’t even know Messi.

In my whole life, I have never seen a fan base this delusional.

They re soooo delusional. And they all have one attributes, that is stupidity. Even chickens reason better compared to them. They behave like zombies, imagine some saying the game was scripted. One idiot started it and they all stated shouting it like a zombies. I asked one fool how can that late free kick b scripted?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Becomes Only Player To Achieve Epic 700 Non-penalty Goals by Peacecore: 1:53pm On Jul 22, 2023
Almiron:
I have nothing against Penaldo, but you see his uncouth fanbase that’s why I’m toxic. Most esp that mumu obemcry
grin grin grin Mt brother, you too much. I don't know how to describe Messi again. He's not human aswear

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Becomes Only Player To Achieve Epic 700 Non-penalty Goals by OJEEMAH(m): 1:54pm On Jul 22, 2023
Numerouno94:

They re soooo delusional. And they all have one attributes, that is stupidity. Even chickens reason better compared to them. They behave like zombies, imagine some saying the game was scripted. One idiot started it and they all stated shouting it like a zombies. I asked one fool how can that late free kick b scripted?
If na Pendu, it’s not scripted🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Those people matter tire me I no go like you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Becomes Only Player To Achieve Epic 700 Non-penalty Goals by nlfpmod: 2:07pm On Jul 22, 2023
Almiron:
Nlfpmod

Why are all your sources always like this? They are not clickable. Why the space?

Re: Lionel Messi Becomes Only Player To Achieve Epic 700 Non-penalty Goals by ThierryJay: 2:13pm On Jul 22, 2023
Numerouno94:

Boss Camelnado fit die if he see this ur comment.😂😂

This ur Pendu two yard material na anoda Banga again. Boss ur own vawulence na rare breed like Messi.gringrin

U noticed how Pendu frown face after Di maria use am shine? Did maria completely stole the show. If Pendu get gun he for shoot Maria.

There is a news goin round that Pendu wants to leave Al Nassr already.

Pendu will b regretting not going to MLS, because him go wan die wit the Way all the American goats they celebrate Messi. As it is now, 70% of Americans re a fan of Messi. Even a Pendu fan called speed wateva, abandoned Pendu yesterday by pulling of Pendu's jersey and putting on Messi's jersey. Omo I dey feel for Camelnado.

That Speed na cruise guy joor. His heart dey for Messi but him appearance get camel odor grin

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

A 6.10 Inches Broda Needs A Basketball Club / Forget Stefano Okaka We Need Elliot Omozusi, Heard Of Him? / Up Liverpool 4 Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.