Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,437 members, 7,812,304 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:25 AM

Finally! Pastor Kumuyi Explains His Stance On Dancing In Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Finally! Pastor Kumuyi Explains His Stance On Dancing In Church (412 Views)

Video Of A Curvy Lady Dancing In Church During Praise & Worship Goes Viral / Pastor Kumuyi Explains Why Watching Of Television Was Discouraged (VIDEO) / 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finally! Pastor Kumuyi Explains His Stance On Dancing In Church by emmaaolufemi: 8:16pm On Jul 22, 2023
For me, I stand with Pastor Kumuyi stance on dancing in the church.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8XgHey0qNw

The dance we see in churches today are no different than what we see in secular places or even clubs.

Church service is not meant for exercise of the body but exercise of the soul.

Here's the video. I know many will still dispute this. But the truth has to be told.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8XgHey0qNw
Re: Finally! Pastor Kumuyi Explains His Stance On Dancing In Church by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jul 22, 2023
Pastor johnw47 πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: Finally! Pastor Kumuyi Explains His Stance On Dancing In Church by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 22, 2023
this man wants only zombies and robots to attend his church

1 Like

Re: Finally! Pastor Kumuyi Explains His Stance On Dancing In Church by Zuluhead(m): 9:00pm On Jul 22, 2023
Did they dance and praise in the Bible? Which one is secular dance again? This man is bearing some set of introverts and antisocial people?
Lots of prophets sang and danced in the Bible.

1 Like

Re: Finally! Pastor Kumuyi Explains His Stance On Dancing In Church by Amotolongbo(f): 9:13pm On Jul 22, 2023
The dance we see in churches today are no different than what we see in secular places or even clubs.
Are the sound systems used in Kumuyi’s Church (Deeper Life) anyway different from what Don Jazzy has in his studio?

The video cameras he uses in his churches, how are they different from the ones used in the secular life concerts?

The chairs they sit on in the churches, are they different from the ones in the club?

The money they collect in his churches has different mints from the ones spent in the secular world?

Finally, the body every believer has is the same with the people in the secular world, what makes the difference is the spirit directing them. You could sit down or stand in the church like Pastor Kumuyi likes but the spirit guiding you to do that may be the secular spirit.

2 Likes

Re: Finally! Pastor Kumuyi Explains His Stance On Dancing In Church by LikeAking: 9:18pm On Jul 22, 2023
Is Kumuyi God?

That's his ownn standards and it's irrelevant.

3 Likes

Re: Finally! Pastor Kumuyi Explains His Stance On Dancing In Church by Thundafireseun: 9:24pm On Jul 22, 2023
I sincerely dislike this fake two face pastor
Re: Finally! Pastor Kumuyi Explains His Stance On Dancing In Church by Kobojunkie: 9:44pm On Jul 22, 2023
emmaaolufemi:
For me, I stand with Pastor Kumuyi stance on dancing in the church. The dance we see in churches today are no different than what we see in secular places or even clubs. Church service is not meant for exercise of the body but exercise of the soul. Here's the video. I know many will still dispute this. But the truth has to be told.
The Old Covenent which this god of men pretends he holds on to allows for dancing, even to point of unclothedness....
20 David went back to bless his house, but Saul’s daughter Michal came out to meet him. She said, β€œThe king of Israel did not honor himself today! You took off your clothes in front of your servants’ girls. You were like a fool who takes off his clothes without shame!” - 2 Samuel 6 vs 20
... but I guess like Michal, David's wife, your god of men thinks that kind of dancing is instead ungodly, right? See confusion! undecided

1 Like

Re: Finally! Pastor Kumuyi Explains His Stance On Dancing In Church by Maynman: 9:46pm On Jul 22, 2023
emmaaolufemi:

And what is wrong in that?
Re: Finally! Pastor Kumuyi Explains His Stance On Dancing In Church by paxonel(m): 11:14pm On Jul 22, 2023
Dancing or no dancing has absolutely nothing to do with worship.

whether your church dances or not, it does not really matter
Re: Finally! Pastor Kumuyi Explains His Stance On Dancing In Church by johnw47: 11:20pm On Jul 22, 2023
IconicR:
Pastor johnw47 πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Ecclesiastes 7:6
For as the crackling of thorns under a pot, so is the laughter of the fool

stinky rozlyn, lover of adultery, oral and anal sex etc.

fatty, you r such a simpleton, aren't you

Isa 3:24 And it shall come to pass, that instead of sweet smell there shall be stink; and instead of a girdle a rent; and instead of well set hair baldness; and instead of a stomacher a girding of sackcloth; and burning instead of beauty
Re: Finally! Pastor Kumuyi Explains His Stance On Dancing In Church by NNTR: 3:20am On Jul 23, 2023
emmaaolufemi:
For me, I stand with Pastor Kumuyi stance on dancing in the church.

Church service is not meant for exercise of the body but exercise of the soul.

Here's the video. I know many will still dispute this. But the truth has to be told.

h ttps://youtu.be/V8XgHey0qNw

paxonel:
Dancing or no dancing has absolutely nothing to do with worship.
Matthew 11:15-19
15He who has ears to hear, let him hear and heed My words.
16β€œBut to what shall I compare this generation?
It is like little children sitting in the market places, who call to the others,
17and say β€˜We piped the flute for you [playing wedding], and you did not dance;
we wailed sad dirges [playing funeral], and you did not mourn and cry aloud.’
18For John came neither eating nor drinking [with others],
and they say, β€˜He has a demon!’
19The Son of Man came eating and drinking [with others], and they say,
β€˜Look! A glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners [including non-observant Jews]!’
Yet wisdom is justified and vindicated by her deeds [in the lives of those who respond to Me].”

Psalm 149:3-4
3Let them praise His name with dancing;
Let them sing praises to Him with the tambourine and lyre.
4For the LORD takes pleasure in His people;
He will beautify the humble with salvation.

Dancing isnt necessarily inherently wrong, its the heart that God inspects

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.

Re: Finally! Pastor Kumuyi Explains His Stance On Dancing In Church by Nobody: 5:38am On Jul 23, 2023
johnw47:

stinky rozlyn, lover of adultery, oral and anal sex etc.

fatty, you r such a simpleton, aren't you

Isa 3:24 And it shall come to pass, that instead of sweet smell there shall be stink; and instead of a girdle a rent; and instead of well set hair baldness; and instead of a stomacher a girding of sackcloth; and burning instead of beauty
Funky deeper life pastor with one member πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: Finally! Pastor Kumuyi Explains His Stance On Dancing In Church by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:36am On Jul 23, 2023
Do FIRST CENTURY CHRISTIANS sing to dance at their meetings?
We should know that the Old Covenant and the New Covenant are two different forms of worship that's totally incompatible that's why Israelites till today finds it really difficult to accept Christ and his disciples as worshipers of their God.
Of course when the first Covenant was established the Israelites were dancing with great rejoicing so they sang and danced with vigor, in fact for David to shift the Ark of the old covenant from one place to another he had to dance like no man's business before the Ark of God. But in Christianity there's no time for dancing at Christian meetings the little time they had to congregate together is to plan for spiritual activities which Christ Jesus commanded them! Matthew 28:19-20

So when they come together for merriments or partying dancing is appropriate {Ecclesiastes 3:1} but not when they gather to deliberate on what Jesus asked them to do in their neighbourhood which is preaching and teaching about God's kingdom. When we go out into the field ministry people are groaning due to the hard conditions human governments are putting them through {Ecclesiastes 4:1; 8:9} that's not the time to dance and when we're at Christian meetings sharing our experiences of what is happening to people in this system of things singing and dancing doesn't come to mind! Ecclesiastes 3:4

Kumuyi is right in one side when he said dancing at Christian meetings makes no sense but that doesn't mean Christians are sadists surely we do have time for merriments when we enjoy lots of secular music with different dancing steps! John 2:1-2
Re: Finally! Pastor Kumuyi Explains His Stance On Dancing In Church by johnw47: 7:02am On Jul 23, 2023
IconicR:
Funky deeper life pastor with one member πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

lost stinky rozlyn, lover of adultery, oral and anal sex etc.

Pro_26:11Β  Like a dog that returns to its vomit Is a fool who repeats his folly.

(1) (Reply)

Are Nigerian Christians Hypocrite Or What? / ...the Fathers Have Eaten Sour Grapes / A Man Of The People: Pope Gives Muslim Queen A Bow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.