Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,816 members, 7,831,656 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Love Is Sweeter Than Power - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Love Is Sweeter Than Power (8305 Views)

Altars And Shrines: Power Is Greater Than Power. / Taking A Bullet For Someone You Love Is Stealing – Apostle Suleman / How cold/hot is your love? What kind of love is it? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love Is Sweeter Than Power by vdestro: 1:28pm On Jul 23, 2023
TheMaterialist:

how do you protect the people you
Love If you are Weak?

See twisted thinking, i said love is power not love is weak.

You may not know how to use the power of love but some of us know how to.
Re: Love Is Sweeter Than Power by Awyhealthzone(f): 4:32pm On Jul 23, 2023
Song Writer in Ancient and Modern Hymn
A&M 233 wrote;

1.Gracious Spirit, Holy Ghost,
taught by thee we covet most,
of thy gifts at Pentecost,
holy heavenly, love.

2. Love is kind and suffers long,
love is meek and thinks no wrong,
love than death itself more strong;
therefore, give us love.

3. Prophecy will fade away,
melting in the light of day;
love will ever with us stay;
therefore, give us love.

4. Faith will vanish into sight;
hope be emptied in delight;
love in heaven will shine more bright;
therefore give us love.

5. Faith and hope and love we see,
joining hand in hand agree,
but the greatest of the three,
and the best, is love.

6. From the overshadowing
of thy gold and silver wing
shed on us, who to thee sing,
holy, heavenly love.
Re: Love Is Sweeter Than Power by Yankee101: 5:32pm On Jul 23, 2023
God is love
Re: Love Is Sweeter Than Power by xproducer: 7:36pm On Jul 23, 2023
The Greatest Gift
"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.

Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.

When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.

And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love." - 1 Corinthians 13:1-13
Re: Love Is Sweeter Than Power by Mikeymython(m): 9:07pm On Jul 23, 2023
[quote author=NaijaNaWaa post=124599892]Iro... give me power and all the love in the world will be mine. Who love epp?[/quotebe
Be mindfull of ur words u never know where mite sleep tonite
Re: Love Is Sweeter Than Power by Mikeymython(m): 9:09pm On Jul 23, 2023
Prince500:
Abeg make e use that power help us. How e go dey watch like film d way tinubu just dey mend us. Hu love help. Pastor poor, most members poor yet una papa na King, make una getat. Start facing d reality na those weh sell their soul dey succeed. Those who live with animalistic ruthlessness na dem dey go far. Pastors weh rich no kind at all.
The ways of men is not the way of our lord God broder
Re: Love Is Sweeter Than Power by Mikeymython(m): 9:13pm On Jul 23, 2023
SeriouslySense:
Give me love, and don't give me power smiley smiley smiley

Let others who need the power get it. smiley

God i need your love, and i need understanding. Amen

Be with us, and let your loving kindness reign. Give me a sound mind and let your grace flow over us, amen.

Take away the spirit of pride and the spirit of covetousness, take away the spirit of bitterness and the spirit of unforgiveness. Thank you for your love on the cross, and for touching my heart, glory to your holy name. smiley smiley smiley Alleluia.
These is one of the sweetest thing ave read today

1 Like

Re: Love Is Sweeter Than Power by nnamdiosu(m): 2:32pm On Sep 24, 2023
SeriouslySense:
Prefer love. I have always been lowly, do not want power, but understanding.

Anyway, God is all powerful, but what is man or humanity, man is like a plant, alive today, gone tomorrow, humanity is like dust that can be blown away in the wind, humanity is so fragile and weak, yet the almighty God, choose to take the form of man in the person of Jesus and die for our sins, that he should pay the eternal prize for the sins we cannot pay, and he gave the gift of salvation freely to all who believe in him.

You know what? I think this God is awesome.

Even more awesome he will shower his gifts on us, and he will raise us up in the last days, and we are in the last days.

So what is humanity that God should love us. Humanity can be destroyed so quickly if anything in the universe or the environment goes out of order, if the Sun should become hotter, we are gone, if the climate should become unfavorable we are gone, if viruses become deadly we are gone, if fungus should become deadly to us we are gone, if we have organ failure or water goes into the wrong place in the body we are gone, we are so fragile and weak. But God loved us first, that while we were still sinners, he choose to pay our ransom, while we were enemies he choose to save us. Scarcely will a man die for a righteous man, but for the unrighteous man, God choose to pay the prize. Probably, when he was on that cross, he was thinking about all those people he would save, this is why he said it is finished

Somewhere in eternity, these words you wrote up will be saved for ever.

This is a message written by someone who has seen past present and eternity.

This was written by either an angelic being or by a human with the aid of a divine being.
God bless you for this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Love Is Sweeter Than Power by SeriouslySense(m): 2:43pm On Sep 24, 2023
Thank you and thanks to God
nnamdiosu:

Somewhere in eternity, these words you wrote up will be saved for ever.

This is a message written by someone who has seen past present and eternity.

This was written by either an angelic being or by a human with the aid of a divine being.
God bless you for this.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? / End-time Bible Teaching: Preparing For Rapture, Part 2 (washing Your Garment) / Hating Christians Is Fulfilment Of The Scripture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.