Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,080 members, 7,867,097 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 10:41 AM

Would You Rather Build Your Own House Or Rent? And Why? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Would You Rather Build Your Own House Or Rent? And Why? (157 Views)

Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper? / »»» Do You Want To Buy, Sell Or Rent A Property In PH? (Pics Attached) ««« (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Would You Rather Build Your Own House Or Rent? And Why? by Ghotze: 2:33pm On Jul 23, 2023
Well, during my study years in the university, i came across a school of thought that discouraged building your own house - depending on some factors - because you may end up utilizing money that would have been used for other investments to build to a house when you could have rented a space and saved to grow your money. It is said that the landlords who rent out their houses may never recoup their monies spent on that housing project. It makes alot of sense but still the factors would have to be favourable for you to choose an option of either to rent or build your own house. what do you think?
Re: Would You Rather Build Your Own House Or Rent? And Why? by frozen70(f): 8:42pm On Jul 23, 2023
Ghotze:
Well, during my study years in the university, i came across a school of thought that discouraged building your own house - depending on some factors - because you may end up utilizing money that would have been used for other investments to build to a house when you could have rented a space and saved to grow your money. It is said that the landlords who rent out their houses may never recoup their monies spent on that housing project. It makes alot of sense but still the factors would have to be favourable for you to choose an option of either to rent or build your own house. what do you think?

I will look for a location where I can afford to buy land and build gradually

After building I will attach a boys quarter and put it up for rent

When it gets to the point where I can no longer afford rent or when I am getting old, whichever that comes first, I will move to my house

By that time, that area must have been developed

(1) (Reply)

*for Sales* / 1500kva FG Wilson / Jericho Gra Land, 400sqm for 25million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.