Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,539 members, 7,812,674 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:20 PM

Heavens Won’t Fall If You Remove Tinubu As President - Atiku Urges Tribunal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Heavens Won’t Fall If You Remove Tinubu As President - Atiku Urges Tribunal (36143 Views)

Obi Vs Tinubu: Resolve Petitions Before May 29 – Afenifere Urges Tribunal / Hakeem Baba-Ahmed: If Another Northern Is Elected President, Heaven Won’t Fall / Heavens Won’t Fall If Buhari Prosecutes Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project –Sagay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Heavens Won’t Fall If You Remove Tinubu As President - Atiku Urges Tribunal by Lutherblaq: 8:07pm On Jul 23, 2023
The presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Abubakar Atiku has pleaded with the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal to summon enough courage to do substantial justice to his petition seeking the nullification of Ahmed Bola Tinubu as winner of the February 25 election.

Atiku pointedly said on Sunday that contrary to the threat of Tinubu, heavens would not fall when he (Tinubu) is sacked by the tribunal as Nigeria’s president on the account of massive electoral fraud that brought him into office.

In his final written address, Atiku dismissed Tinubu’s threat as an empty one deployed to scare the tribunal from upholding justice in the petition challenging Tinubu’s election.

In the final written address by his lead counsel, Chief Chris Uche, SAN, the former Vice President recalled the courageous position of the Supreme Court in the case of Rotimi Amaechi, where the apex court held that heavens would not fall when justice is done in the manner prescribed by law.

Justice George Adesola Oguntade, who delivered the Supreme Court judgment in the cited authority, had said:

“I must do justice even if the heavens fall. The truth, of course, is that when justice has been done, the heavens stay in one place and in peace.”

Atiku asked the tribunal to invoke the courage displayed in the past Supreme Court judgment to settle his petition against Tinubu by disregarding the threat of monumental chaos issued by Tinubu to shield himself from justice.

The former Vice President maintained that Tinubu had lost the moral and legal rights to be in office as President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, having admitted a punitive forfeiture of $406,000 in a narcotics and money laundering-related matter.

Besides, Atiku accused the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) of manipulating the results of the presidential election in the most corrupt manner in favour of Tinubu and thereafter, unlawfully proclaimed him (Tinubu) the winner of the election.

Citing the alleged brazen subversion of the popular will of the voters by INEC in favour of Tinubu, the former Vice President appealed that the proclamation of the electoral body is voided and set aside and in its place, declare him the winner of the election having convincingly scored the majority of the lawful votes.

https://dailypost.ng/2023/07/23/heavens-wont-fall-if-you-remove-tinubu-as-president-atiku-urges-tribunal/

82 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Heavens Won’t Fall If You Remove Tinubu As President - Atiku Urges Tribunal by Lutherblaq: 8:08pm On Jul 23, 2023
grin Busy body tinubu is begging for a rerun, which re- run are you talking about? We have a winner between Atiku and Obi before inec do their abracadabra by pushing
you from 3rd to 1st position. - Jostoman

310 Likes 39 Shares

Re: Heavens Won’t Fall If You Remove Tinubu As President - Atiku Urges Tribunal by Ever8090: 8:11pm On Jul 23, 2023
Not at all.....

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Heavens Won’t Fall If You Remove Tinubu As President - Atiku Urges Tribunal by Naijanascam: 8:14pm On Jul 23, 2023
It will be jubilations galore like when Nigeria won football gold in Atlanta '96

382 Likes 42 Shares

Re: Heavens Won’t Fall If You Remove Tinubu As President - Atiku Urges Tribunal by helinues: 8:17pm On Jul 23, 2023
No baga on this crust can remove his Excellency Tinubu.

249 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Heavens Won’t Fall If You Remove Tinubu As President - Atiku Urges Tribunal by Yj090: 8:22pm On Jul 23, 2023
Heaven won't fall but let be poor breathe don't suffocate them

Let them remove him and let at least get one Nigeria
Contact me for your academic assignment thesis,power point presentation, proposal, article, available for any field of writing using Turnitin provide quality works just WhatsApp me below

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Heavens Won’t Fall If You Remove Tinubu As President - Atiku Urges Tribunal by Urheadmaster(m): 8:23pm On Jul 23, 2023
Tribunal has the final say tongue
helinues:

132 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Heavens Won’t Fall If You Remove Tinubu As President - Atiku Urges Tribunal by helinues: 8:25pm On Jul 23, 2023
Urheadmaster:
Tribunal has the final say tongue

Tribunal?

Chai, why do you like to always expose your half baked knowledge about things?

165 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Heavens Won’t Fall If You Remove Tinubu As President - Atiku Urges Tribunal by April396949: 8:39pm On Jul 23, 2023
This statement by Atiku shows his lack of understanding of the importance of political leaders and their impact on the nation. Removing Tinubu as president may not directly cause the heavens to fall, but it can have serious consequences for the stability and progress of the country. It is important to consider the potential ramifications and evaluate the abilities and track records of political leaders before making such assertions.

62 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Heavens Won’t Fall If You Remove Tinubu As President - Atiku Urges Tribunal by Unifierr: 8:40pm On Jul 23, 2023
Fact

11 Likes

Re: Heavens Won’t Fall If You Remove Tinubu As President - Atiku Urges Tribunal by dmbb: 8:40pm On Jul 23, 2023
Nothing would happen, in fact that is the right thing to do. I only pity those that sincerely love Tinubu, I know for sure that they will continue to be disappointed

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Heavens Won’t Fall If You Remove Tinubu As President - Atiku Urges Tribunal by HacheNoire: 8:40pm On Jul 23, 2023
Gibberish!

Heavens will also not fall if His Excellency, President Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu (GCFR) governs Nigeria till 2031

Atiku should go and watch Big Brother Nigeria. It’s already game over in politics.

81 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Heavens Won’t Fall If You Remove Tinubu As President - Atiku Urges Tribunal by owiko(m): 8:40pm On Jul 23, 2023
D
Re: Heavens Won’t Fall If You Remove Tinubu As President - Atiku Urges Tribunal by iLoveYouToo(m): 8:40pm On Jul 23, 2023
I feel for Atiku sha, this is his last shot at the presidency

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Heavens Won’t Fall If You Remove Tinubu As President - Atiku Urges Tribunal by Judolisco(m): 8:40pm On Jul 23, 2023
Lawyers must chop Sha... But everybody knows tinubu won't be removed, jst as it was clear that APC government won't be toppled at d last election ... D opposition was 2 divided to record a win
. Labour Party and pdp better team up... If not... Make dem dey play o

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Heavens Won’t Fall If You Remove Tinubu As President - Atiku Urges Tribunal by FuckSilly: 8:40pm On Jul 23, 2023
grin
Atiku be dreaming grin
I'll rather Ibori, Anani or Abacha than Athiefkü grin grin

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Heavens Won’t Fall If You Remove Tinubu As President - Atiku Urges Tribunal by marlow1962(m): 8:40pm On Jul 23, 2023
Sane Nigerians knows that already.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Heavens Won’t Fall If You Remove Tinubu As President - Atiku Urges Tribunal by Nazgul: 8:41pm On Jul 23, 2023
Very true... heaven won't fall.

But wait o, if by chance the tribunal removes Tinubu, who would they install. Peter Obi or Atiku?

10 Likes

Re: Heavens Won’t Fall If You Remove Tinubu As President - Atiku Urges Tribunal by LadyRosa(f): 8:41pm On Jul 23, 2023
angry

Waiting for the first FOOL to call Obi on an Atiku vs Tinubu'and thread .

Watch out, the agbadorians will not dissapoint.

One omo ale don show from beneath mecheesy

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Heavens Won’t Fall If You Remove Tinubu As President - Atiku Urges Tribunal by mcgodison2531(m): 8:41pm On Jul 23, 2023
CannibalTorment:
No Man born out of woman or evil spirit like Peter girigory Obi can unseat Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Adekunle Tinubu Jagaban

Peter girigory Obi: I won the election and I will prove it, I will reclaim my mandate.

Tribunal: How did you win?

Peter girigory Obi: Tinubu forged his results.

Tribunal: Are you ok?

Peter girigory Obi: Tinubu committed crime in US.

Tribunal: prove it.

Peter girigory Obi: because he did score 25% in Abuja and Abuja voters and their votes are greater than all the 36 states of Nigeria.

Tribunal: Peter Obi, you are mentally ill.

Peter girigory Obi: 😭 just cancel the election, igbos want me to be the president. let us do the voting again.

Tribunal: Peter Obi, you are an embittered soul, leave this place before I slap you, criminal.
Na mumu de worry you E get anywhere you see peter name for there ? Even person way talk you no mention him name na peter be your problem. Try get sense E get why.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Heavens Won’t Fall If You Remove Tinubu As President - Atiku Urges Tribunal by dazzlingd(m): 8:41pm On Jul 23, 2023
The only thing that will remove Tinubu from that seat is possibly death.
Let’s face reality, I have never heard anywhere in the world where this happened not to talk of Africa.
Even when trump was impeached, he finished his tenure
Life is not a nollywood where the good guys always defeat the bad guys. Or expecting a plot twist like movies. This is real life

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Heavens Won’t Fall If You Remove Tinubu As President - Atiku Urges Tribunal by Nemesis0147(m): 8:41pm On Jul 23, 2023
April396949:
This statement by Atiku shows his lack of understanding of the importance of political leaders and their impact on the nation. Removing Tinubu as president may not directly cause the heavens to fall, but it can have serious consequences for the stability and progress of the country. It is important to consider the potential ramifications and evaluate the abilities and track records of political leaders before making such assertions.
shameless man.
What stupid stability are you talking about?
Is the country stable like this?

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Heavens Won’t Fall If You Remove Tinubu As President - Atiku Urges Tribunal by chatinent: 8:41pm On Jul 23, 2023
Did heaven fall when he rigged himself in? Why will it fall now?

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Heavens Won’t Fall If You Remove Tinubu As President - Atiku Urges Tribunal by Emu4life(m): 8:41pm On Jul 23, 2023
Second Position say na him come First.
Third position sef talk say na him come First, Na wow o.

8 Likes

Re: Heavens Won’t Fall If You Remove Tinubu As President - Atiku Urges Tribunal by CannibalTorment: 8:41pm On Jul 23, 2023
No Man born out of woman or evil spirit like Peter girigory Obi can unseat Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Adekunle Tinubu Jagaban

Peter girigory Obi: I won the election and I will prove it, I will reclaim my mandate.

Tribunal: How did you win?

Peter girigory Obi: Tinubu forged his results.

Tribunal: Are you ok?

Peter girigory Obi: Tinubu committed crime in US.

Tribunal: prove it.

Peter girigory Obi: because he did score 25% in Abuja and Abuja voters and their votes are greater than all the 36 states of Nigeria.

Tribunal: Peter Obi, you are mentally ill.

Peter girigory Obi: 😭 just cancel the election, igbos want me to be the president. let us do the voting again.

Tribunal: Peter Obi, you are an embittered soul, leave this place before I slap you, criminal.

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Heavens Won’t Fall If You Remove Tinubu As President - Atiku Urges Tribunal by MorataFC: 8:41pm On Jul 23, 2023
cheesy
Re: Heavens Won’t Fall If You Remove Tinubu As President - Atiku Urges Tribunal by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 8:41pm On Jul 23, 2023
So if Dem remove am now, who go Sidon ? Na Atiku or na Obi ?

90 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Heavens Won’t Fall If You Remove Tinubu As President - Atiku Urges Tribunal by iHateFraudsters: 8:41pm On Jul 23, 2023
Very true

2 Likes

Re: Heavens Won’t Fall If You Remove Tinubu As President - Atiku Urges Tribunal by Houseontherock1: 8:42pm On Jul 23, 2023
Heaven will not fall indeed; but unfortunately, they won't remove him because in the event of a rerun, he will lose to Atikuundecided

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Heavens Won’t Fall If You Remove Tinubu As President - Atiku Urges Tribunal by MrColdsweat: 8:42pm On Jul 23, 2023
I personally do not want tulumbu removed. Let hunger turn yarrubas to wild animals.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heavens Won’t Fall If You Remove Tinubu As President - Atiku Urges Tribunal by faceland: 8:42pm On Jul 23, 2023
Naijanascam:
It will be jubilations galore like when Nigeria won football gold in Atlanta '96

I am telling you, they would be party on the streets if Tinubu is removed today.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heavens Won’t Fall If You Remove Tinubu As President - Atiku Urges Tribunal by 01Lagos: 8:42pm On Jul 23, 2023
helinues:

But when the Fulani conquered Ilorin, your people didn't say "Pim"

27 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Impeachment Threat: NASS Parliamentary Support Group Issues A Counter Statement / Mohammed Dawuda Appointed As NIA DG By Buhari / Videos From Atiku, PDP Campaign In Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.