Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,513 members, 7,812,598 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:51 PM

Lagos Taskforce Clears Agege Railtrack - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Taskforce Clears Agege Railtrack (16399 Views)

Lagos Taskforce Disperses Birthday Party As Organisers Block Road / Lagos Taskforce Impound 150 Motorcycles On Mile 2-Ojo-Badagry Expressway / Lagos Taskforce Intercepts Truck With 123 Men, 48 Bikes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Taskforce Clears Agege Railtrack by ipobarecriminals: 9:33am On Jul 24, 2023
cool
Re: Lagos Taskforce Clears Agege Railtrack by Yahman1(m): 9:33am On Jul 24, 2023
Yo!
Re: Lagos Taskforce Clears Agege Railtrack by uuzba(m): 9:35am On Jul 24, 2023
Depriest2020:
Nigerians and road side trading nawa. On top rail track too them they sell.
It is called advertising and marketing.
I used to think that white people don't advertise. But they advertise like shege!!
All their TV stations full of advert.
The whole Internet full of Advert.
Ebay, Amazon are all Adverts.
They bombard their adverts in digital space because they have light/Electricity.
We bombard our adverts in REAL space because we don't have light/Electricity to compete with white people online.
Simple.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Taskforce Clears Agege Railtrack by Olusholamcleo: 9:36am On Jul 24, 2023
frozen70:
They will definitely come back to trade there as they have no option despite they pay daily fees for selling there

I just passed the place now, it's as bubbling as usual, they didn't clear anything....probably they did that around 7:30am

1 Like

Re: Lagos Taskforce Clears Agege Railtrack by uuzba(m): 9:38am On Jul 24, 2023
lexy2014:
Very necessary but the same govt thru it's agberos collects tolls from these people
And they will collect again today from these people to return their wares to them.
Re: Lagos Taskforce Clears Agege Railtrack by TheAlchemist: 9:38am On Jul 24, 2023
Initial gragra!
Re: Lagos Taskforce Clears Agege Railtrack by FILEBE(m): 9:39am On Jul 24, 2023
It is one thing to clear it is another thing not to relax the law and make them come back.

How often have KAI been clearing market owners who sells by the road side and allow their wares spill to the main road? Today they clear, tomorrow they come back. Oh! Agebero collect tax from them , so they have such effontry .

By the way, Lagos and Enforcing of laws are done with initial gra gra. Check out Okada Ban. Some areas have had them come back
Re: Lagos Taskforce Clears Agege Railtrack by Jsucre(m): 9:41am On Jul 24, 2023
BigBlackPreek:
Yeye

those people that eks a living there, with their various business are now left devastated

Nigerian government always seek to add more salt to wounds and inflicting more untold hardship on its citizens rather than seek a way to improve their state of living
to you it is good to trade on train tracks

1 Like

Re: Lagos Taskforce Clears Agege Railtrack by lexy2014: 9:44am On Jul 24, 2023
uuzba:

And they will collect again today from these people to return their wares to them.

That is serious

1 Like

Re: Lagos Taskforce Clears Agege Railtrack by Segzy19: 9:51am On Jul 24, 2023
Send them all packing, please ...

Lagos has to be decent.....

1 Like

Re: Lagos Taskforce Clears Agege Railtrack by Segun91: 9:54am On Jul 24, 2023
This is nice
Re: Lagos Taskforce Clears Agege Railtrack by ppogba: 9:59am On Jul 24, 2023
DevilishMan:
Where will helinues sleep now?

Omo,.see upper cut.

This one is enough for me to laugh all day long.
Re: Lagos Taskforce Clears Agege Railtrack by ppogba: 10:03am On Jul 24, 2023
uuzba:

It is called advertising and marketing.
I used to think that white people don't advertise. But they advertise like shege!!
All their TV stations full of advert.
The whole Internet full of Advert.
Ebay, Amazon are all Adverts.
They bombard their adverts in digital space because they have light/Electricity.
We bombard our adverts in REAL space because we don't have light/Electricity to compete with white people online.
Simple.

Selling on road side and rail track is not advertising.
If the whites do not advertise,they would not have a word for it.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Taskforce Clears Agege Railtrack by Hanndye: 10:06am On Jul 24, 2023
Jsucre:
to you it is good to trade on train tracks
So you would rather want them to take up harms to come and rob you. Don't get me wrong, all this are just signs of a failed governance. They should rather attend to the course of the nuisance. Providing alternative place for these people to display their wares is not out of place while at the same time take pro-active and humane measures to prevent future occurrence.
Re: Lagos Taskforce Clears Agege Railtrack by Yampotatocarrot(m): 10:08am On Jul 24, 2023
Do these people even have a plan at all? They shifted the traders in Iyana-Ipaja from displaying their goods on the road to displaying them on the pedestrian walkway... Now, you have to squeeze yourself while walking on the walkway to avoid hitting or stepping on the goods being displayed there... Is that the plan, leave the road and go to the walkways?

Where will pedestrians now take, since we can't walk on the road due to the bad road (from roundabout inward the express) and at the same time we can't walk freely on the walkway to avoid those women laying generational curses on you

The issue is, those officials that still give sell daily tickets to these traders are the ones emboldening them... As long as they buy daily ticket for those spaces, they'll keep staying there... Arrest those that sell the tickets to them and see it stop

1 Like

Re: Lagos Taskforce Clears Agege Railtrack by Bobbiee: 10:10am On Jul 24, 2023
People that will be back before nightfall
Re: Lagos Taskforce Clears Agege Railtrack by Jeffyblaq(m): 10:22am On Jul 24, 2023
I don't get this.. Why would people encroach a railway track and sit tight comfortably like itz cool🤔
Re: Lagos Taskforce Clears Agege Railtrack by Calitoscassius(m): 10:29am On Jul 24, 2023
BigBlackPreek:
Yeye

those people that eks a living there, with their various business are now left devastated

Nigerian government always seek to add more salt to wounds and inflicting more untold hardship on its citizens rather than seek a way to improve their state of living
I agree totally, but these same poor people suffering are the ones voting in the same government adding salt to their wounds, so let them suffer!
Re: Lagos Taskforce Clears Agege Railtrack by Hanndye: 10:31am On Jul 24, 2023
I understand that there is a large and UNNECESSARY degredation of the environment done by the Chinese Railway Company at that particular area and nobody is taking about that. A lot of people have been hurt, wounded and maimed as a result, also providing hide-outs and strategic point for criminals of all sorts. That area is naturally a highly levelled place but the Chineses unnecessarily dugged a wide, deep and LONG trench there even without providing adequate means for people to pass across. And we are talking about a highly populated place here. There were railway-ines there long before now but not like this. Making life inconvenient for citizens is never acceptable to common sense in governance. Please, to whom it may concern, let the Government and the Company do something.
Re: Lagos Taskforce Clears Agege Railtrack by Calitoscassius(m): 10:36am On Jul 24, 2023
Yampotatocarrot:
Do these people even have a plan at all? They shifted the traders in Iyana-Ipaja from displaying their goods on the road to displaying them on the pedestrian walkway... Now, you have to squeeze yourself while walking on the walkway to avoid hitting or stepping on the goods being displayed there... Is that the plan, leave the road and go to the walkways?

Where will pedestrians now take, since we can't walk on the road due to the bad road (from roundabout inward the express) and at the same time we can't walk freely on the walkway to avoid those women laying generational curses on you

The issue is, those officials that still give sell daily tickets to these traders are the ones emboldening them... As long as they buy daily ticket for those spaces, they'll keep staying there... Arrest those that sell the tickets to them and see it stop
grin grin grin cheesy Over population, over congested, over polluted, overhyped Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Taskforce Clears Agege Railtrack by tsdarkside(m): 10:41am On Jul 24, 2023
i dont think you can stop it when poverty is still high.... undecided undecided

they will just keep on moving from tracks to tracks....
nigeria needs to realy think different than western nations....

man and woman need to chop....you can not just send them away to go die quietly in a corner....
Re: Lagos Taskforce Clears Agege Railtrack by MrbasHH: 10:44am On Jul 24, 2023
April396949:
"It's great to see the Lagos Taskforce taking action to clear the Agege railtrack. This is an important step towards enhancing safety and improving transportation efficiency in the area. By removing obstructions and ensuring a smooth functioning rail infrastructure, commuters can enjoy a more reliable and convenient public transportation system. This move also highlights the government's commitment to investing in sustainable and efficient transportation solutions. However, it is crucial that ongoing maintenance and monitoring efforts are sustained to prevent future obstructions and ensure the long-term success of this initiative."

Na like this ChatGTP dey write English; Welldone sir

ChatGTP handwriting

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Taskforce Clears Agege Railtrack by georgeakins: 10:54am On Jul 24, 2023
etcme:
This Agege rail track will favour me and my family.

Most imprtantly, those Tinubu lazy agbero's will not see any one to collect their daily bread from in the name of "Daily Market Levy"

Lazy Ndi Agbero full Onitsha, the cursed region.
Re: Lagos Taskforce Clears Agege Railtrack by frozen70(f): 10:58am On Jul 24, 2023
georgeakins:

Lazy Ndi Agbero full Onitsha, the cursed region.
Olusholamcleo:

I just passed the place now, it's as bubbling as usual, they didn't clear anything....probably they did that around 7:30am

And went back to their office and they came back again

So it's difficult to put a stop to it
Re: Lagos Taskforce Clears Agege Railtrack by wunmi590(m): 10:58am On Jul 24, 2023
Depriest2020:

Is not their fault, things are extremely very difficult in Nigeria, most especially in Lagos..

I'm not supporting them for endangering their lives, but you know they have kids too to feed..

May God help us
Re: Lagos Taskforce Clears Agege Railtrack by Christistruth03: 11:06am On Jul 24, 2023
Depriest2020:

It is lack of employment opportunities that is causing this
Re: Lagos Taskforce Clears Agege Railtrack by kmaster007: 11:22am On Jul 24, 2023
40 pieces go be how much
mekleelex200:
Good, it needs to be done because is a death trap.

If need bitter kola of any quality, you can send me an email message at my signature.
Re: Lagos Taskforce Clears Agege Railtrack by Moniya4Real(m): 11:27am On Jul 24, 2023
Lagos traders no wan take eye see space. Na to set up their wares sharpslly. Our level of underdevelopment is highly owing too many active part of the population in the informal sector.
Re: Lagos Taskforce Clears Agege Railtrack by iLoveYouToo(m): 11:31am On Jul 24, 2023
I passed there months ago, it was a menace.
Re: Lagos Taskforce Clears Agege Railtrack by slowice(m): 11:45am On Jul 24, 2023
Depriest2020:

Is poverty a joke to you? Social media Nigerians mostly seem to be completely detached from reality.
Re: Lagos Taskforce Clears Agege Railtrack by slowice(m): 11:47am On Jul 24, 2023
MrbasHH:

Na like this ChatGTP dey write English; Welldone sir

ChatGTP handwriting

You catch am😂

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Adams Oshiohmole Accused Of Hijacking INEC Adhoc List In Auchi, Edo State / Suspend Services In Lagos - NUPENG Orders Tanker Drivers / Fani Kayode: My Ex-Wife Attacked Me With 2 Knives, Files Counter-Affidavit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.