Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,496 members, 7,830,499 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Lagos Taskforce Clears Agege Railtrack - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Taskforce Clears Agege Railtrack (16419 Views)

Lagos Taskforce Disperses Birthday Party As Organisers Block Road / Lagos Taskforce Impound 150 Motorcycles On Mile 2-Ojo-Badagry Expressway / Lagos Taskforce Intercepts Truck With 123 Men, 48 Bikes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Taskforce Clears Agege Railtrack by Sleekfingers: 12:03pm On Jul 24, 2023
How can a sane person be selling on a train track?

They should also chase those idiots selling on Ereko, nnamdi Azikwe, broad street in lagos Island. You can't drive or walk freely, because of their useless activities.

And those selling in yaba bus stop, Brown Street and oshodi road,

Including Oyingbo, they are selling on the walkway.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Taskforce Clears Agege Railtrack by Sleekfingers: 12:10pm On Jul 24, 2023
Jeffyblaq:
I don't get this.. Why would people encroach a railway track and sit tight comfortably like itz cool🤔

It is only an insane person will be selling on a train track.
The government need to start arresting them. Pay fine or do community service for a month or a month imprisonment.
Fasola dealt with them, during his tenure.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Taskforce Clears Agege Railtrack by abbiboy: 12:18pm On Jul 24, 2023
Good job! Kudo to the task force.
Re: Lagos Taskforce Clears Agege Railtrack by NutFunny: 12:32pm On Jul 24, 2023
mekleelex200:
If need bitter kola of any quality, you can send me an email message at my signature.
Call me NutFunny
I need just 2 Nuts

Quote me for your signature sad
Re: Lagos Taskforce Clears Agege Railtrack by Cantonese: 12:51pm On Jul 24, 2023
April396949:
"It's great to see the Lagos Taskforce taking action to clear the Agege railtrack. This is an important step towards enhancing safety and improving transportation efficiency in the area. By removing obstructions and ensuring a smooth functioning rail infrastructure, commuters can enjoy a more reliable and convenient public transportation system. This move also highlights the government's commitment to investing in sustainable and efficient transportation solutions. However, it is crucial that ongoing maintenance and monitoring efforts are sustained to prevent future obstructions and ensure the long-term success of this initiative."

Agreed.

Trading on railway tracks must be discouraged by all means. People do not seem to care about their lives, in their pursuit of their respective businesses. Some of the rail tracks have become electrified and people do not seem to believe it. It is better to take this action now to save more people from losing their lives in railway accidents.

But while that goes on, government must make markets available at affordable prices for traders. Nigerians have passed through hell in the hands of politicians, who daily impoverish them in different ways. This is the duty of not just the state government, but the local governments.

Market shops are very expensive and out of the reach of petty traders. Even the little stalls are difficult to get. Again, traders must be guided on no-go areas and as already said earlier by you and monitoring to ensure that traders do not exceed their boundary.

In the end, government efforts may end in futility. First, agents of government will receive bribes and give information on their hours of operation. Next, area boys will collect rents and allocate portions to traders. The entire process then starts again.
Re: Lagos Taskforce Clears Agege Railtrack by mekleelex200(m): 1:03pm On Jul 24, 2023
kmaster007:
40 pieces go be how much

You can send me messages via emails, so that we discuss more. The price varies depending on the size because their sizes varies (small, medium, large seeds).

1 Like

Re: Lagos Taskforce Clears Agege Railtrack by Stinty: 1:04pm On Jul 24, 2023
Come ooh, how is lagos over hype? Do u even know lagos in it's entirety? I know u don't because If u do, u won't in ur life ever say this
Calitoscassius:
grin grin grin cheesy Over population, over congested, over polluted, overhyped Lagos.
Re: Lagos Taskforce Clears Agege Railtrack by Calitoscassius(m): 1:37pm On Jul 24, 2023
Stinty:
Come ooh, how is lagos over hype? Do u even know lagos in it's entirety? I know u don't because If u do, u won't in ur life ever say this
No! I don't know Lagos, I wouldn't live in Lagos, even though i own a property in Lagos..

Anyway, as far as i know Lagos. From. Ladipo, Ilupeju, Matori, Oshodi, Mushin, Olosha, Isolo, Aswani, Ikeja, Agege, Alaba, Ifako, Pen Cinema, Ogba, Abule Egba, Olodi, Festac, Lasu to Ijora, Idumota, Iddo, Surulere, National theater and other parts of Lagos i cannot remember their names at this moment. Apart from the over overhyped filty Lekki and the sewage covered so called Lagos Island. Where da fork else is Lagos? some areas are even under Ogun state even though some people want to include them in Lagos, places like Abule egba, Akute and all other surrounding areas.

My house is along palm Avenue Mushin, next to (former Chicken George restuarant) my uncle owns 2 properties in Buhari street off Palm Avenue. He own a house along agege motor road Mushin, He also owns a house at Ifako Ijaiye. Even Ifako Ijaiye is not in Lagos state but some people want to believe it is in Lagos. He also owns a property along Abule Egba express way.

I may not have being born in Naigeria but I am familiar with Lagos more than most people who claim to know Lagos or are Lagosians... I may be wrong though,

Some part of so called Lagos are already sinking underwater, place like the very dirty Ilogbo, i bought 2 plots of lands that has turned into a dirty swamp at Ilogbo. The lands has almost disappeared into a swamp. I had wanted to build a clinic to help the poor people in that area one of my cousin owns a house there right now, he suggested the lands for the clinic to me.

I don't know how old you are but Have you ever heard of Billant paint and Cement Industries LTD? That was my late uncle.he died few years ago.
Re: Lagos Taskforce Clears Agege Railtrack by austinvsb: 7:23pm On Jul 24, 2023
April396949:
"It's great to see the Lagos Taskforce taking action to clear the Agege railtrack. This is an important step towards enhancing safety and improving transportation efficiency in the area. By removing obstructions and ensuring a smooth functioning rail infrastructure, commuters can enjoy a more reliable and convenient public transportation system. This move also highlights the government's commitment to investing in sustainable and efficient transportation solutions. However, it is crucial that ongoing maintenance and monitoring efforts are sustained to prevent future obstructions and ensure the long-term success of this initiative."

Gtfo with this chatgpt nonsense, e no fit work for naija. Ode even included the quotation marks as always included in chatgpt answers.
Re: Lagos Taskforce Clears Agege Railtrack by sinero: 11:22am On Jul 25, 2023
BigBlackPreek:
Yeye

those people that eks a living there, with their various business are now left devastated

Nigerian government always seek to add more salt to wounds and inflicting more untold hardship on its citizens rather than seek a way to improve their state of living

Stop thinking like an illitrate, is it normal to be selling on the rail track? Stop adding emotions to every good move by the government.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2011 Nigeria In Focus (cartoons) / FG Suspends Oil Exploration Activities In Chad Basin / Updates: What’s The Fuel Scarcity Situation In Your Area?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.