Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Ondo - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Ondo (22425 Views)

Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Port Harcourt / 16 Dead, 30 Houses Razed As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Kwara (Graphic Photos) / Tanker Explodes On Lagos - Ibadan Expressway, Vehicles Got Burnt(Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Ondo by thisweekng: 12:26pm On Jul 24, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBZGWZecyJE

Tragedy struck on Sunday when 15 persons were reportedly burnt to death after a tanker exploded at Ore, Odigbo Local government area, Ondo State.

According to a source in the area, said the explosion occurred when the fuel was ignited by a spark from a phone held by one of the people who was scooping fuel that spilled from a tanker.

The source, who gave her name as Nireti, disclosed that the incident happened along Showboy Road, adjacent to a filling station in Ore.

She narrated that after losing control, the truck spilled its contents on the road, after which people began to rush in order to scoop fuel.

The source, a trader in the area, added that over 15 bodies were roasted in the inferno, including three children and a pregnant woman.

She said: “I was in my shop when I heard the tanker fall. The rain was also falling. People were taking fuel when fire started after a spark from a phone.

“Three children died, and we have counted over 15 bodies. A pregnant woman who wanted to buy the fuel also died. The money is still with her.”

Meanwhile, another eye witness identified as Cyriacus said they were inside the church when the tanker fell and spilled its contents on the road.

Cyriacus stated that some persons rushed to scoop fuel despite being warned by their Cleric.

He said: “We were inside the church when we heard that tanker fell. The rain was also falling. People were taking fuel when fire started after a spark from a phone.

Meanwhile, the Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Olufumilayo Odunlami-Omisanya, when contacted, said she was yet to get details of the incident.

https://thisweekng.com/20-people-burnt-to-death-while-scooping-fuel-from-fallen-tanker-in-ondo-state/

4 Shares

Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Ondo by OVB123: 12:36pm On Jul 24, 2023
Bad news will not be my portion this month IJN. Amen!

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Ondo by ChatterHouse: 12:44pm On Jul 24, 2023
K

1 Like

Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Ondo by Zonefree(m): 12:59pm On Jul 24, 2023
“I was in my shop when I heard the tanker fall. The rain was also falling. People were taking fuel when fire started after a spark from a phone.
Imagine undecided

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Ondo by Samuel1402(m): 1:03pm On Jul 24, 2023
Hmm
Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Ondo by Urheadmaster(m): 1:07pm On Jul 24, 2023
They knew the risks involved in scooping fuel from a fallen tanker
Zonefree:

Imagine undecided

5 Likes

Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Ondo by TERMlNATOR(m): 1:09pm On Jul 24, 2023
Urheadmaster:
They knew the risks involved in scooping fuel from a fallen tanker
imagine

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Ondo by April396949: 3:11pm On Jul 24, 2023
This is a tragic incident and my thoughts go out to the victims and their families. It is extremely disheartening to hear about such accidents, especially when they result in loss of life. It is crucial that authorities take appropriate measures to prevent such incidents from occurring in the future and ensure the safety of citizens on the roads.

7 Likes

Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Ondo by saphiere(f): 3:12pm On Jul 24, 2023
Oh!
Consequences of voting in bad leaders.
Give women a chance they refused.
Greedy bunch of evil gender
Wizpa:

You mean the likes of Stella oduah that used billions to by armoured vehicles Or the likes of Alison Maduekwe that stole billions In crude oil from our refinery or Dame patience that can't speak correct English.

But na thesame evil gender pour semen into your mama to born slowpoke like you... Abi no be so grin

Before you open your mouth to talk next time again... think!
Oh God, you see as he openly mocked our former president Goodluck's wife?
May he never attain the level of that woman. May nobody in his family amount to anything in life.
Let illiteracy runs in his family.
IJN

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Ondo by drimzsmoke(m): 3:13pm On Jul 24, 2023
omoh
Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Ondo by Nemesis0147(m): 3:13pm On Jul 24, 2023
Nigerians no they hear world….
Rip to those that lost their lives
Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Ondo by ArewaNightmare: 3:14pm On Jul 24, 2023
grin
Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Ondo by AmotekunSW: 3:14pm On Jul 24, 2023
You saw death,
You put head.

My condolences to the families of the deceased and the children who didn't know the implications of what they were doing.

For those who got themselves killed, I hope your families move on quick enough.

13 Likes

Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Ondo by atobs4real(m): 3:14pm On Jul 24, 2023
May we not be caught up with evil

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Ondo by frowland(m): 3:15pm On Jul 24, 2023
That’s a characteristic signature of a Pipeline explosion.
Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Ondo by Dididrumz(m): 3:15pm On Jul 24, 2023
RIP to the dead.
Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Ondo by IyaTola: 3:17pm On Jul 24, 2023
God save us
Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Ondo by Sultty(m): 3:18pm On Jul 24, 2023
people don't learn. Instead for them to keep off they stupidly started scooping petrol. Awuff dey run belle, they all wanted free fuel at the expense of their lives and properties

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Ondo by trevorlinda: 3:19pm On Jul 24, 2023
RIP to the dead

Nigeria is gettin scary every day
Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Ondo by chatinent: 3:20pm On Jul 24, 2023
When a tanker falls close to you, it's the apt time to leave that area to a distant place not to go scoop it.

4 Likes

Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Ondo by RoadMozart(m): 3:20pm On Jul 24, 2023
I just passed here now. Its gory
Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Ondo by Tusatusa: 3:21pm On Jul 24, 2023
saphiere:
Oh!
Consequences of voting in bad leaders.
Give women a chance they refused.
Greedy bunch of evil gender

This same gender that declared to step down for a male presidential candidate on National Television?

Until your gender gets serious enough!! For now let's joke on!

12 Likes

Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Ondo by Exceed15: 3:21pm On Jul 24, 2023
All for survival because of this unbearable Hardship. So sad.
Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Ondo by EdiskyHarry: 3:22pm On Jul 24, 2023
I'm shock that people still engage in this kind of suicide mission.
Even if hunger will kill me, I'll never join any mob to scoop petrol from tanker.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Ondo by Tunasco4u(m): 3:23pm On Jul 24, 2023
Omg
Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Ondo by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 3:24pm On Jul 24, 2023
what's happening in sw
Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Ondo by Easybet1(m): 3:25pm On Jul 24, 2023
Too bad
Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Ondo by luminouz(m): 3:27pm On Jul 24, 2023
So who was alive and close enough to know it was from a phone spark?

Bullshiiit reportage

7 Likes

Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Ondo by CJStarz: 3:27pm On Jul 24, 2023
What's hard with typing IJN in full?
OVB123:
Bad news will not be my portion this month IJN. Amen!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Ondo by occfx: 3:28pm On Jul 24, 2023
Zonefree:

Imagine undecided

Who saw the spark from the phone

6 Likes

Re: Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Ondo by theway2023: 3:29pm On Jul 24, 2023
cluster bomb,, it is the igbo attacking the north, not the yorubas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iXTYJ8YpP4

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians In Singapore Urgent Help From You / Universities In Canada With Low Tuition Fee / Nigerian In UK Sham Marriage To Be Jailed For 12 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.