Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,886 members, 7,810,407 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:29 AM

Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation (23719 Views)

Naira Crumbles To 920/$, Fuel Marketers Push For Fresh Price Hike / Labour Accepts Deregulation As Government Halts Hike In Electricity Tariffs / FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by Curious346: 2:50pm On Jul 24, 2023
SmartyPants:

Meaning you're not aware that there is a shift to gas taking place?
what kind of shift ? Manual or automatic
Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by Debbie4ma(f): 2:51pm On Jul 24, 2023
I didn’t know why Nigeria is so disorganized especially the leaders.

1 Like

Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by BoldBrainz(m): 2:52pm On Jul 24, 2023
Factfinder1:
Be like everybody don dey mad for this country

It is not a matter of "e be like".

Everybody don dey mad for this country.

1 Like

Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by Meti99(m): 2:55pm On Jul 24, 2023
Okortor:
Let it go higher so next election, tribal bigotry go reduce to the barest minimum
Solution to Nigeria's problems isn't elections nor tribalism...
The problem is still the style of governance.
Let us return to REGIONAL GOVERNANCE where central becomes weak and power returns to regions

4 Likes

Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by mrvitalis(m): 2:55pm On Jul 24, 2023
April396949:
It is concerning to see marketers advocating for a petrol price hike amid deregulation. Such a move would disproportionately affect consumers, particularly those who rely on petrol for daily commuting or running essential errands. Increasing petrol prices could lead to a rise in the cost of living, impacting individuals and families already struggling to make ends meet.

Moreover, pushing for a petrol price hike goes against the current trend of society moving towards environmentally friendly alternatives and reducing carbon emissions. Instead of encouraging higher petrol prices, marketers should be actively promoting and incentivizing the adoption of electric vehicles and other sustainable modes of transportation.

Deregulation should not be used as an excuse to exploit consumers or prioritize short-term profits over the well-being of society. It is crucial for policymakers to carefully consider the impact of any potential price increases on individuals and the overall economy before making such adjustments. Ultimately, the priority should be to ensure fair and accessible pricing for petrol while encouraging a shift towards cleaner and greener alternatives.
Can you buy goods 1000 and sale 900 because #1000 is expensive?
Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by mrvitalis(m): 2:55pm On Jul 24, 2023
ecolime:
Oil marketers are our major problem. They made huge money from subsidies while diverting petroleum products to neighbouring countries. All these in collusion with corruption NNPC & Custom officials.

Now that subsidy is out of the way, na to bring in fuel at N550 and charge Nigerians N700 to 1,000 dey their minds.

The government should do something about these criminals because left to them they don't mind selling fuel N2,000 per liter.
Import and sale. Cheaper if u know how to
Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by LordAdam16: 2:55pm On Jul 24, 2023
@ grandstar, CBN MPC meeting begins today and wraps up tomorrow, what are your predictions?

-Lord

1 Like

Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by josh005(m): 2:56pm On Jul 24, 2023
DevilishMan:
Agbado Filling station will continue to sell at N175
Please, What app did you use to create this picture.

1 Like

Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by wman(m): 2:57pm On Jul 24, 2023
Okortor:
Let it go higher so next election, tribal bigotry go reduce to the barest minimum

It won't. Nigerians are weird.

1 Like

Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by SmartyPants(m): 2:57pm On Jul 24, 2023
Curious346:
what kind of shift ? Manual or automatic

Any one that will help you to shift off my mentions sir.
Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by aybabz101: 2:59pm On Jul 24, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:

On who's table does the buck end? Are you saying that Tinubu is another Buhari that's not aware of anything? If a president can't control oil marketers, is it a common man like me and u that will put them under check?

I'm always ashamed of the half baked educated individuals we have in Nigeria displaying their ignorance on Twitter. What I'm saying is if you take your time to study and understand the economic predicament the country is at the moment, you will know it's not the time to be passing blame around.

It is time for the citizens to support any form of policies to eliminate these parasites and saboteurs of the Nigerian state.

These economic problems we are facing is inevitable as its is as a result of accumulated failures of previous governments with the Buhari administration igniting the keg of gun powder with reckless borrowing which I might not blame him, cos the government needs to keep on going.....

The truth is we were expecting economic hardships if the fuel subsidy is remove and the obi or Atiku would have done these.....maybe they might have managed it better, I do not know.....so don't come here and be saying it was because tinubu was voted in that these things are happening

3 Likes

Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by ojtech8291: 3:00pm On Jul 24, 2023
These people are very fierce in decision without comparing other things like dollar rate, government support for their citizens, business environment etc

1 Like

Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by enemyofprogress: 3:03pm On Jul 24, 2023
Make una kuma kill us

Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by Curious346: 3:04pm On Jul 24, 2023
SmartyPants:

Any one that will help you to shift off my mentions sir.
I use CNG ..and talk to me . What do you know ?
Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by Curious346: 3:04pm On Jul 24, 2023
This is the best time to marry

1 Like

Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by Akwamkpuruamu: 3:04pm On Jul 24, 2023
aybabz101:

I'm always ashamed of the half baked educated individuals we have in Nigeria displaying their ignorance on Twitter. What I'm saying is if you take your time to study and understand the economic predicament the country is at the moment, you will know it's not the time to be passing blame around.

It is time for the citizens to support any form of policies to eliminate these parasites and saboteurs of the Nigerian state.

These economic problems we are facing is inevitable as its is as a result of accumulated failures of previous governments with the Buhari administration igniting the keg of gun powder with reckless borrowing which I might not blame him, cos the government needs to keep on going.....

The truth is we were expecting economic hardships if the fuel subsidy is remove and the obi or Atiku would have done these.....maybe they might have managed it better, I do not know.....so don't come here and be saying it was because tinubu was voted in that these things are happening

Yes, It was Tinubu that caused all these. He floated the naira knowing fully we are an import dependent nation. This quickly jerked the prices of everything above a bearable threshold. As for the subsidy removal, what measures has been put in place before the knee-jerk removal? Subsidy was to end in June he ended it in May. So how does he expect the sufferings to be lesser? Does he expect the citizens to be suffering and smiling and chanting his praises?

Now you are against petrol marketers, why do you have to blame them? Do you expect them to source for dollars at 800 and import fuel to sell for you at 600. Do you transact business to loss or to profit?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by skj1377(m): 3:04pm On Jul 24, 2023
They will soon demand for N2000 per litre
Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 24, 2023
Here comes the breakfast. All of us go chop am ooo!!!
When Papa dey tell him pikin:"you dis boy, no kill me ooo!"
Small time the Papa go change am to:"you dis boy, you better no kill yourself"!!!
Las las, everybody must get sense by force grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by nathyx(m): 3:10pm On Jul 24, 2023
Yeah Blackness is greed heaven operation take every single Kobo worth of profit available grin
Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by Didijiji: 3:14pm On Jul 24, 2023
Curious346:
This is the best time to marry
how
Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by ajimo54(m): 3:14pm On Jul 24, 2023
ijustdey:

https://punchng.com/marketers-push-for-petrol-price-hike-amid-deregulation/?amp

Who are the oil marketers? You too can be one of them because of the deregulation! Oil marketers are human beings like us! Lets join the force to make money! By the time we all import fuel to full Nigeria, the price go come down! One barel is not one liter brothers and sisters! Lets make money today!

1 Like

Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by wealthyvic1: 3:16pm On Jul 24, 2023
ecolime:
Oil marketers are our major problem. They made huge money from subsidies while diverting petroleum products to neighbouring countries. All these in collusion with corruption NNPC & Custom officials.

Now that subsidy is out of the way, na to bring in fuel at N550 and charge Nigerians N700 to 1,000 dey their minds.

The government should do something about these criminals because left to them they don't mind selling fuel N2,000 per liter.

THEY WILL DRINK THEIR FUEL.
THAT TIME IS CLOSE

1 Like

Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by darazonian(m): 3:16pm On Jul 24, 2023
Nigerians and wickedness is like 5and6 the same product this useless marketers are still buying @476 Naira per litre ex depot price. Make Una gather the money when God called you, just tell him say you are not coming.
Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by Asad6ixty9: 3:22pm On Jul 24, 2023
Hamachi:
cry
We are in for a long ride

https:///KdbV3xaYFPFFHR1YKNi3XM
A long ride with no place to hide
These niggas wanna tan a Negro's HIDE

1 Like

Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by CandleEyes(m): 3:23pm On Jul 24, 2023
Immorality and capitalism will be the end of this world..
Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by dmbb: 3:31pm On Jul 24, 2023
It has already started favoring them and their families grin. Interesting days ahead shocked
Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jul 24, 2023
darazonian:
Nigerians and wickedness is like 5and6 the same product this useless marketers are still buying @476 Naira per litre ex depot price. Make Una gather the money when God called you, just tell him say you are not coming.
If the government creates modular refineries, there would be no need to import PMS; hence, marketers would not be able to charge arbitrary prices.
Have you wondered why the government has spent trillions of Naira for the past 8 years on our refineries,yet they are not working? Repairing our refineries has now become rocket science!!!
So, you cannot blame the marketers, my friend.
Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by Confirm4real(m): 3:43pm On Jul 24, 2023
APC supporters will buy it cheap I know for sure grin grin

1 Like

Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by Realguyman1(m): 3:45pm On Jul 24, 2023
ecolime:

Lol! Funny Nigerians want Government that is also part of a crime to do something about the crime?

Where you guys not aware when the Buhari government said it subsidise fuel up till the month of June, but Tinubu came in and removed the subsidy in the month of May.

So where is now the money the Buhari government paid for the month of June? At least that question is what people were supposed to be asking the government if only most Nigerians were serious people
Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by Okechinwadike: 3:52pm On Jul 24, 2023
I wish I am an APC member, buying at Yoruba market theirs is #115 per liter. unà get luck ooooo

1 Like

Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by tnerro1(m): 3:53pm On Jul 24, 2023
Local refineries is the only solution, but some people need to get the money invested in dangote refinery back, so don’t expect any decrease anytime soon.

1 Like

Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by eebraa(m): 3:53pm On Jul 24, 2023
Did anybody stop you from increasing your price?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC To Buhari: Probe Wike’s Tenure As Minister / Buhari, Osinbajo Talks In London: Cabinet Shake-Up Likely / Peter Obi Deletes Tweet On Direct $41B FDI To Nigeria

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.