Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,918 members, 7,810,529 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:36 AM

Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation (23720 Views)

Naira Crumbles To 920/$, Fuel Marketers Push For Fresh Price Hike / Labour Accepts Deregulation As Government Halts Hike In Electricity Tariffs / FG Begins Full Deregulation, Discards Petrol Price Band (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by febble: 4:03pm On Jul 24, 2023
dont mind him jare

Akwamkpuruamu:

On who's table does the buck end? Are you saying that Tinubu is another Buhari that's not aware of anything? If a president can't control oil marketers, is it a common man like me and u that will put them under check?
Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by aybabz101: 4:04pm On Jul 24, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:

Yes, It was Tinubu that caused all these. He floated the naira knowing fully we are an import dependent nation. This quickly jerked the prices of everything above a bearable threshold. As for the subsidy removal, what measures has been put in place before the knee-jerk removal? Subsidy was to end in June he ended it in May. So how does he expect the sufferings to be lesser? Does he expect the citizens to be suffering and smiling and chanting his praises?

Now you are against petrol marketers, why do you have to blame them? Do you expect them to source for dollars at 800 and import fuel to sell for you at 600. Do you transact business to loss or to profit?

Let me educate u a little about the parallel exchange policies being used in the country by previous administrations. Time without number the IMF has been imploring Nigerian government on her need to float the naira due to a lot of reasons. One of the primary reasons is that this parallel exchange practice was the major means political figures perpetrate their corrupt act.

An influential person will go to the CBN and obtain dollars at the rate of 430 as against a normal value of 750 at the black market. he will take these dollars and start selling it to citizens in sabo for profits. They also pack these dollars outside Nigeria to Niger, Benin, Cameroon etc. to carry out the same transactions. Let me shock you, dangote that y'all are praising was getting his dollars subsidized far bellow the 430 official rate from the CBN. The Nigerian government typically built the Dangote refinery for Dangote with tax rebate and excluded custom duties. Note...the banks and other corporate organizations especially breweries are not exempted from the forex scam.

Now CBN went broke....no dollars to pays foreign entities like airline and co.....

Mind u this forex scam was how Polaris bank was bought by "Strategic Capital Investment Limited" and how 9mobile was acquired (go and read some revelations made by david hundeyin on this subject).

Tinubu might have handled it poorly, but i want you to know that i think this guy is the only one with the balls to eliminate these cronies........he doesn't give a Bleep about who you are and that is the type of person we want in the affairs of this country...

The country is corrupt from head to toe.....you cant be chasing thieves up and down......what you can do is to stop the avenues they are using in perpetrating these acts and these are majorly done via subsidy which take up of over 60% of our annual budget and forex scam...

the next is oil theft by our so called generals......
Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 24, 2023
Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by nsivic2001: 4:18pm On Jul 24, 2023
Why is everyone talking about Importation, exchange rate etc.....how about refinery; Building of new ones and rehabilitating the old ones. Why is the government not saying anything about it again. Why is there so much lies in this country..no body is telling the truth again.. including government.
What is really happening in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by bluefilm: 4:23pm On Jul 24, 2023
Okortor:
Let it go higher so next election, tribal bigotry go reduce to the barest minimum

I think you're right.

Let the suffering favouring continue until it reaches everyone.

That's the only way true and everlasting sense will enter their heads.

2 Likes

Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by bluefilm: 4:24pm On Jul 24, 2023
Earthquakes:
If there is deregulation why still setting prices grin
Same thing, naira was devalued yet we still have black market rate, so what's the point

That's agbado economics for you.

Enjoy it while you still can.

1 Like

Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by COMPAQ(m): 4:28pm On Jul 24, 2023
ijustdey:

https://punchng.com/marketers-push-for-petrol-price-hike-amid-deregulation/?amp

This looks like old news to me. I recall reading almost the same right up a few months back. Somebody just dug up old news and put it on punch's website again.

If diesel has been fully deregulated and at current crude prices and exchange rate is currently N640, why would petrol be N700. In most places I've been to abroad, diesel is about 10% - 15%
higher than petrol

1 Like

Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by harmargedon: 4:29pm On Jul 24, 2023
April396949:
It is concerning to see marketers advocating for a petrol price hike amid deregulation. Such a move would disproportionately affect consumers, particularly those who rely on petrol for daily commuting or running essential errands. Increasing petrol prices could lead to a rise in the cost of living, impacting individuals and families already struggling to make ends meet.

Moreover, pushing for a petrol price hike goes against the current trend of society moving towards environmentally friendly alternatives and reducing carbon emissions. Instead of encouraging higher petrol prices, marketers should be actively promoting and incentivizing the adoption of electric vehicles and other sustainable modes of transportation.

Deregulation should not be used as an excuse to exploit consumers or prioritize short-term profits over the well-being of society. It is crucial for policymakers to carefully consider the impact of any potential price increases on individuals and the overall economy before making such adjustments. Ultimately, the priority should be to ensure fair and accessible pricing for petrol while encouraging a shift towards cleaner and greener alternatives.
Las Las nah ₦1000 per litre e go end.
Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by starz100: 4:42pm On Jul 24, 2023
These oil marketers are something else.Wait O,is it only fuel that is nigeria's problem? Everyday we are being harassed by news of fuel price increase.If government doesn't regulate these people,fuel will soon go up to 2000 in few months.They keep making reference to market forces, which market forces that doesn't go down but always upward.Any marketer that cannot sell at this prevailing price should please quit the business, I don't understand this country anymore.
Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by grandstar(m): 4:48pm On Jul 24, 2023
LordAdam16:
@ grandstar, CBN MPC meeting begins today and wraps up tomorrow, what are your predictions?

-Lord

The price of petrol needs to be deregulated.

Also, it seems the Naira might have stabilized around 777 at the official rate. The black market at 840 is another problem. The gap needs to be closed.

I suspect the gap exist because of the Form M bureaucracy associated with getting forex through the banks.

Perhaps, the CBN should resume the sale of forex to BDC's to close the gap.

I also feel the process of obtaining forex should be liberalized further.

The CBN needs to increase interest rates to fight inflation. 22% interest rates are no laughing matter.

3 Likes

Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by ThegreatTom: 4:48pm On Jul 24, 2023
All these countries you are comparing us to, are they oil producing country? What do Nigerians gain from been an oil producing country?

2 Likes

Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by imohbrothers: 4:52pm On Jul 24, 2023
You guys are just pathetic losers! You still think this is about Tinubu? We are talking about a group of cronies here in conjunction with high profile government agents hell bent on ruining the country....Peter obi or Atiku....regardless who is president....subsidy will go

It was only budgeted for until july....so this is highly expected.....u guys should stop thinking like road side illiterates and start stating economic facts and figures here
πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€” This Agbadorian is talking about facts and figures but your president during campaign asked if na statistics we go chop ?
Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by Walz001: 4:59pm On Jul 24, 2023
With the hike in pms Nigerians will be wiser
Oga sell for any amount una want
Nigerians have the means to buy it

Maybe before December senses will come upon them but for now nothing

1 Like

Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jul 24, 2023
nsivic2001:
Why is everyone talking about Importation, exchange rate etc.....how about refinery; Building of new ones and rehabilitating the old ones. Why is the government not saying anything about it again. Why is there so much lies in this country..no body is telling the truth again.. including government.
What is really happening in Nigeria?
Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by maasoap(m): 5:34pm On Jul 24, 2023
Okortor:
Let it go higher so next election, tribal bigotry go reduce to the barest minimum
I looked at the results of 2023 presidential election, only Obi got his votes through bigotry. He didn't have the spread of Tinubu or Atiku. What do you think?
Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by maasoap(m): 5:37pm On Jul 24, 2023
Helpfromabove1:
Una just one scatter this country fast fast , so the cry of the masses means nothing to you guys

The way naira is falling and loosing value every day like olosho breast is what you guys one for petrol too , all the countries in the above news how many of them is an oil producing nation?
This has always been my question and that's the only reason I will never support subsidy removal.
Government is basically making the masses pay for the corruption among the politicians and other civil servants in the country while they insulated themselves against the hardship in the land.

1 Like

Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by kinkydude: 5:54pm On Jul 24, 2023
Egbon is still renewing our hopeπŸ˜• Haba!
Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by tsdarkside(m): 6:23pm On Jul 24, 2023
haha....una wan let nigerian marketers to make the price....

its seems you nigerians dont understand how greedy nigerians are....
Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by Sapaz02: 6:29pm On Jul 24, 2023
Mad people everywhere.
Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by Ezmans: 7:28pm On Jul 24, 2023
ecolime:
Oil marketers are our major problem. They made huge money from subsidies while diverting petroleum products to neighbouring countries. All these in collusion with corruption NNPC & Custom officials.

Now that subsidy is out of the way, na to bring in fuel at N550 and charge Nigerians N700 to 1,000 dey their minds.

The government should do something about these criminals because left to them they don't mind selling fuel N2,000 per liter.
I thought you people said after deregulation more importer's will import fuel & the price will come down

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by Bizibi(m): 8:01pm On Jul 24, 2023
aybabz101:

I'm always ashamed of the half baked educated individuals we have in Nigeria displaying their ignorance on Twitter. What I'm saying is if you take your time to study and understand the economic predicament the country is at the moment, you will know it's not the time to be passing blame around.

It is time for the citizens to support any form of policies to eliminate these parasites and saboteurs of the Nigerian state.

These economic problems we are facing is inevitable as its is as a result of accumulated failures of previous governments with the Buhari administration igniting the keg of gun powder with reckless borrowing which I might not blame him, cos the government needs to keep on going.....

The truth is we were expecting economic hardships if the fuel subsidy is remove and the obi or Atiku would have done these.....maybe they might have managed it better, I do not know.....so don't come here and be saying it was because tinubu was voted in that these things are happening
look everything stops at the president's desk,the fuel subsidy removal is not the problem, government policies and transparency is the problem here.
Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by oxygeng: 8:02pm On Jul 24, 2023
Again?

Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by Bizibi(m): 8:02pm On Jul 24, 2023
Ezmans:
I thought you people said after deregulation more importer's will import fuel & the price will come down
even nnpc has given the sole rights to import fuel to dangote before 2025.
Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by oxygeng: 8:12pm On Jul 24, 2023
imohbrothers:
You guys are just pathetic losers! You still think this is about Tinubu? We are talking about a group of cronies here in conjunction with high profile government agents hell bent on ruining the country....Peter obi or Atiku....regardless who is president....subsidy will go

It was only budgeted for until july....so this is highly expected.....u guys should stop thinking like road side illiterates and start stating economic facts and figures here
πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€” This Agbadorian is talking about facts and figures but your president during campaign asked if na statistics we go chop ?
The problem is πŸ’― Tinubu. When you go to equity with soiled hands these are the results. He is using every national asset as bargaining chips to retain power fraudulently. If He was truly voted and backed by the electorate, he would have found his voice and stamp authority over certain inpunities. Those group of cronies you made reference to are fully aware of the gang rape that birthed Tinubu as president, which they are using openly to blackmail him to submission.
Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by Brushstrokes20: 8:15pm On Jul 24, 2023
The shyyythole from fry pan to fire πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ‘
Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by Houseontherock1: 8:16pm On Jul 24, 2023
Old news... when dollar exchanged for N765
Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by dragunov: 8:54pm On Jul 24, 2023
Okortor:

See kettle calling pot black.😏
Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by waveman2: 9:24pm On Jul 24, 2023
No mind them.Na IPMAN dem be.
Ezmans:
Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by sematec(m): 11:35pm On Jul 24, 2023
Tinubu should ban all these nonsense marketers associations across the country at once. they should take responsibility for the current economic hardship we facing in this country or have their operating livense withdrawn immediately.
Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by Fujiyama: 1:37am On Jul 25, 2023
dazzlingd:
Why is Nigerian govenrment not operating a functional refinery

^^^
undecided

These questions are not good.

The Saudi government has functional refineries. The Norwegian government has functional refineries. The Russian government has functional refineries. But some posters on this platform have reminded us several times that we are not Norwegian, Saudi or Russian. And since we are not, we have to learn to live without what you are asking for.

dazzlingd:
Why can’t we refine our own crude oil?

^^^
undecided

Now you are looking for trouble. Like I said earlier, these questions are not good for you.

If you ask these questions, we won't have time to deal with the more difficult stuff. If we refine our own crude oil then we don't have to worry about importation. We don't have to worry about buying fuel imports with scarce foreign exchange. We won't have to worry about shipping costs. Do you really want all this sensible, prudent stuff to be done? undecided

You are asking questions that will set this country on fire and we can't have that. Please go watch Big Brother Nigeria, I beg you.
Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by dazzlingd(m): 2:18am On Jul 25, 2023
Fujiyama:

^^^
undecided

These questions are not good.

The Saudi government has functional refineries. The Norwegian government has functional refineries. The Russian government has functional refineries. But some posters on this platform have reminded us several times that we are not Norwegian, Saudi or Russian. And since we are not, we have to learn to live without what you are asking for.

^^^
undecided

Now you are looking for trouble. Like I said earlier, these questions are not good for you.

If you ask these questions, we won't have time to deal with the more difficult stuff. If we refine our own crude oil then we don't have to worry about importation. We don't have to worry about buying fuel imports with scarce foreign exchange. We won't have to worry about shipping costs. Do you really want all this sensible, prudent stuff to be done? undecided

You are asking questions that will set this country on fire and we can't have that. Please go watch Big Brother Nigeria, I beg you.

Lmao, sarcasm on fire

1 Like

Re: Marketers Push For Petrol Price Hike Amid Deregulation by Abudu2000(m): 7:15am On Jul 25, 2023
Driggs:
Tinubu himself knows the country is hanging by a thread.. he won't listen to your advce.. The moment the price moves farther away from 700 to 900 or more, that's when the country will come down crashing..

e go be like Zombie Apocalypse.. How many people Soldier fit kill compared to how many people hunger and poverty wan kill?

Make IPMAN just dey play
stop talking like a coward. Fuel went from180 to 550 country no crash nah 700 to 1000 e wan come crash?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Defected PDP Chairman, Inokoba Slumps / Eaglets Victory Bold Response To Buhari Failure To Acknowledge Youths Potentials / Emeka Offor's Christmas Gifts To 2000 Widows As She Invites Mrs Okorocha (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.