Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,373 members, 7,836,510 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Why Obi Never Said He Won The Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Obi Never Said He Won The Election (581 Views)

Here’s Why Obi Is Going To London On Monday – Labour Party / Fact Check: Peter Obi Never Said He Pulled 439 Million People Out Of Poverty / Why Obi Hid Defection From Atiku, By LP Source (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Obi Never Said He Won The Election by ubest1(m): 7:23pm On Jul 24, 2023
Reasons LP legal team didn’t tally some election numbers for outright win claim.

The LP lawyers told the judges that Obi’s votes were stolen and credited to an unqualified candidate and that INEC did not follow the right process as stated in the Election Manuals and the constitution. LP lawyers brought boxes of INEC certified blurred results, mutilated results, incomplete results of all the states where Obi was leading, so that the judges can count and confirm if truly Tinubu won the election based on those records.

So let the judges count the ballots and tell us what they discovered. The legal team know what the scores should be but let’s see whether the court also did their own research here.

If I were you, I’d wait for the final judgment, not ask for election scores. What you should be asking is why someone was announced as the winner with mutilated and blurred results!

If Obi legal team has said he won the election APC legal team would have capitalize on it by also asking how did Obi counted the blurred copies and technicality will come in.

5 Likes

Re: Why Obi Never Said He Won The Election by nepapole(m): 7:26pm On Jul 24, 2023
All I know is Obi did not win.

3 Likes

Re: Why Obi Never Said He Won The Election by Shetemi12(m): 7:29pm On Jul 24, 2023
Even if they counted it 1million times. Peter obi didn't win

3 Likes

Re: Why Obi Never Said He Won The Election by ubest1(m): 7:32pm On Jul 24, 2023
Let the court decide, the floor is now open

nepapole:
Re: Why Obi Never Said He Won The Election by XY23: 7:40pm On Jul 24, 2023
ubest1:
Reasons LP legal team didn’t tally some election numbers for outright win claim.

The LP lawyers told the judges that Obi’s votes were stolen and credited to an unqualified candidate and that INEC did not follow the right process as stated in the Election Manuals and the constitution. LP lawyers brought boxes of INEC certified blurred results, mutilated results, incomplete results of all the states where Obi was leading, so that the judges can count and confirm if truly Tinubu won the election based on those records.

So let the judges count the ballots and tell us what they discovered. The legal team know what the scores should be but let’s see whether the court also did their own research here.

If I were you, I’d wait for the final judgment, not ask for election scores. What you should be asking is why someone was announced as the winner with mutilated and blurred results!

If Obi legal team has said he won the election APC legal team would have capitalize on it by also asking how did Obi counted the blurred copies and technicality will come in.

Finally, someone with brain. In LP's reply to INEC's final address, they did say INEC has not demonstrated that the top documents (Ec38As) actually exist. If they do, why then did they certify iREV, oblivious of the fact that by law, certified documents means copies of originals. Otherwise, how then did they declare a winner with blurred or blank results? People don't know that 'noncompliance' is LP's best case. INEC was hoping they'll harp on the claim that they won. In all of LP's reply I have never seen a stronger argument. They played it well. Only discerning minds know how to work a system that's rigged against them (INEC).

2 Likes

Re: Why Obi Never Said He Won The Election by duro4chang(m): 7:49pm On Jul 24, 2023
Obi will fail
Re: Why Obi Never Said He Won The Election by Bobloco: 7:54pm On Jul 24, 2023
nepapole:

While all Nigerians know that Tinubu did not win

1 Like

Re: Why Obi Never Said He Won The Election by seanfer(m): 9:07pm On Jul 24, 2023
According to the OP the court will count votes scored by each party in over 176,000.
When the LP lawyers can’t even argue during the hearings any state that they have total number of votes higher than what INEC declared. Also the blurred papers are printout from the IREV which the court will not even look at because the EA didn’t even recognize it.
The court is not a Father Christmas where you go and get gift.

1 Like

Re: Why Obi Never Said He Won The Election by mycar: 9:17pm On Jul 24, 2023
This is one thing Agbados do not understand, INEC announced result with non existing materials and against their own rule. Even PDP is relying on the testimonies of INEC official, APC can even prove that they won either, hence INEC decided to format BVAS before the presidential election to conceal the evidence.

1 Like

Re: Why Obi Never Said He Won The Election by aswani(m): 9:47pm On Jul 24, 2023
ubest1:

INEC announced the results not on what was on IREV but on the original paper based results. This is what they have done in previous elections till date.

IREV was introduced in these elections not to replace paper based results but to compliment them so anyone with an interest in the information, like Marc Essien, can use it to do whatever it is they want to.

IREV has blurred results as human beings will always do what humans beings do which is being imperfect. Paper based results are as clear as daylight.

INEC offered Obi's team the opportunity to pay for the paper based results, of course they knew the information in those results would not back up their false claims of victory and they sensibly refused and decided instead to focus on blurred IREV copies.

You can now desist from spreading any more misinformation.
Re: Why Obi Never Said He Won The Election by michelz: 9:52pm On Jul 24, 2023
nepapole:
Bro, this is not how a wise person reasons.
Re: Why Obi Never Said He Won The Election by plaindealer: 10:07pm On Jul 24, 2023
You didn't win

You did not tell the court that you won and you winning is not part of your lawsuit

.... but you still want the court to do research to show that you are the winner.

You people are not normal, you come up with insane and abnormal things, it's as if you are 2 years old little babies.

Comedians..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Flash: Tribunal Sacks Senator Jibrin Isah Of APC Kogi East Senatorial District / Electronic transmission Dismissal; Will People Come Out To Vote Next Time? / It's Time To Remove Arabic From Nigerian Army's Logo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.