Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,012 members, 7,810,805 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:50 PM

Help! Site Frontend Fails To Update Despite Uninstalling & Clearing The Cache - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help! Site Frontend Fails To Update Despite Uninstalling & Clearing The Cache (379 Views)

Please Help. Site Down! / Help! Site Not Opening On Glo / Please I Need Help With This Wp Super Cache Plugin On Wordpress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Site Frontend Fails To Update Despite Uninstalling & Clearing The Cache by micellgevity: 7:36pm On Jul 24, 2023
I have been battling with one problem for almost a week now. My site fails to update on the frontend. The latest post is not showing up despite setting the homepage to latest post.

Also, the theme was changed, but the old theme with the old posts are still showing. I got frustrated to the extent that I uninstalled the WordPress, cleared the cache with various plugins, also flushed the lightspeed cache in the cpanel.

I cannot post anything since that day, I don't know what to do again. I even deleted even the backup from the cpanel, still the problem no dey go. I faint.

Webmasters, pls what is the solution to this frustrating problem. Thank God the site has only a ftlew articles, which I can afford to forgo cos, it just started getting traffic.
Re: Help! Site Frontend Fails To Update Despite Uninstalling & Clearing The Cache by bularuz(m): 2:07am On Jul 25, 2023
What's your tech stack
Re: Help! Site Frontend Fails To Update Despite Uninstalling & Clearing The Cache by susrite(m): 8:28am On Jul 25, 2023
micellgevity:
I have been battling with one problem for almost a week now. My site fails to update on the frontend. The latest post is not showing up despite setting the homepage to latest post.

Also, the theme was changed, but the old theme with the old posts are still showing. I got frustrated to the extent that I uninstalled the WordPress, cleared the cache with various plugins, also flushed the lightspeed cache in the cpanel.

I cannot post anything since that day, I don't know what to do again. I even deleted even the backup from the cpanel, still the problem no dey go. I faint.

Webmasters, pls what is the solution to this frustrating problem. Thank God the site has only a ftlew articles, which I can afford to forgo cos, it just started getting traffic.
which web host are you using?
Re: Help! Site Frontend Fails To Update Despite Uninstalling & Clearing The Cache by Pennywise2: 11:08am On Jul 25, 2023
micellgevity:

haaa very funny and stressful. sorry sir. Can you view it with VPN? Reason you have not seen the changes is sometimes it takes time for the changes to reflect. Once again my apologies
Re: Help! Site Frontend Fails To Update Despite Uninstalling & Clearing The Cache by Ifyman: 6:32pm On Jul 25, 2023
Check your script requirement before installation.
Re: Help! Site Frontend Fails To Update Despite Uninstalling & Clearing The Cache by micellgevity: 11:42pm On Jul 25, 2023
Ifyman:
Check your script requirement before installation.
I don't understand u
Re: Help! Site Frontend Fails To Update Despite Uninstalling & Clearing The Cache by micellgevity: 11:43pm On Jul 25, 2023
susrite:
which web host are you using?
na one useless naijawebhost jare. Just gave them a trial for this site.
Re: Help! Site Frontend Fails To Update Despite Uninstalling & Clearing The Cache by micellgevity: 11:44pm On Jul 25, 2023
Pennywise2:
haaa very funny and stressful. sorry sir. Can you view it with VPN? Reason you have not seen the changes is sometimes it takes time for the changes to reflect. Once again my apologies
Even with VPN, it still shows old posts and theme. Thanks
Re: Help! Site Frontend Fails To Update Despite Uninstalling & Clearing The Cache by Ifyman: 9:51am On Jul 26, 2023
micellgevity:
I don't understand u
If you are installing a new script/theme, they all have their server configuration requirements examples: Php version, memory limit,upload max file size and so on...
Re: Help! Site Frontend Fails To Update Despite Uninstalling & Clearing The Cache by micellgevity: 1:03pm On Jul 26, 2023
The theme is astra, and I think it is compatible with most servers and also light in weight.
Re: Help! Site Frontend Fails To Update Despite Uninstalling & Clearing The Cache by susrite(m): 6:50pm On Jul 26, 2023
micellgevity:
na one useless naijawebhost jare. Just gave them a trial for this site.
I knew it's a local hosting provider. You'd know what happiness is when you switch to international hosting. Even whogohost is worse. I am using hostinger, if you need me to share my hosting with you, just let me know.
Re: Help! Site Frontend Fails To Update Despite Uninstalling & Clearing The Cache by SConnect: 10:56pm On Jul 26, 2023
micellgevity:

Hello,

Kindly reach out to your web host, they should be able to figure out what's wrong and assist accordingly.

Also if you are using ezoic, you should try clearing the ezoic cache: https://support.ezoic.com/kb/article/why-is-my-content-not-updating-on-my-site

My 2cents.

Re: Help! Site Frontend Fails To Update Despite Uninstalling & Clearing The Cache by micellgevity: 10:27pm On Jul 27, 2023
SConnect:

Hello,

Kindly reach out to your web host, they should be able to figure out what's wrong and assist accordingly.

Also if you are using ezoic, you should try clearing the ezoic cache: https://support.ezoic.com/kb/article/why-is-my-content-not-updating-on-my-site

My 2cents.
Thanks. I have found a solution to the problem. Ezoic is really the problem. Until I set the plugin to "enable" the cache purge after each update. The point is that the cache will be there to fasten the load time for visitors. But as I "enabled" the plugin cache to purge after each update, the problem was solved. My site can now show the update, thanks to everyone.
Re: Help! Site Frontend Fails To Update Despite Uninstalling & Clearing The Cache by ebuks4ever(m): 3:08pm On Jan 15
susrite:
I knew it's a local hosting provider. You'd know what happiness is when you switch to international
hosting. Even whogohost is worse. I am using hostinger, if you need me to share my hosting with you, just let me know.

Can i host a .ng overseas?

(1) (Reply)

Whogohost Dead? / Sportbetting Agent / Bloggers Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.