Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Urgent Help With Lice Infestation - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Urgent Help With Lice Infestation (518 Views)

9-Year-Old Girl Dies After Her Mum Applied Sniper On Her Lice-Infested Hair / My Daughter Has Hair Lice. / Ayomikun Juliana: Corper Dies After Applying Sniper to Her Hair To kill Lice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Help With Lice Infestation by infogenius(m): 7:22am On Jul 25, 2023
I'm seeking some assistance from those who have experience with dealing with hair lice infestations that seem to persist despite various treatments.

A close friend of mine contracted lice from her salon last month and has been trying various remedies, but the problem continues to worsen.

Initially, she tried retouching her hair, followed by using camphor and cacatin.
Unfortunately, the itching and biting sensation persisted, and she had to resort to scraping her hair at one point.
Even after switching to camphor and kerosene, the issue persists, and she has used different products like dematol, zhens, relaxer, and aloe vera on her bald head, but nothing seems to be working.

Her pharmacist and salonist have also run out of ideas to help her. The situation is becoming unbearable for her as she spends most of her time dealing with these creepy sensations and bites, constantly applying different products and using combs and brushes to remove whatever might be there. The problem doesn't seem to be improving; in fact, it appears to be getting worse.

As a result, she's starting to consider the possibility that this might be a spiritual issue, as she cannot find peace and can't even go out without being disturbed by these infestations.

If anyone has encountered a similar situation, especially a long-term hair lice infestation, and has found a practical and effective solution, we would greatly appreciate it if you could share your experience.

Your advice could be immensely helpful in bringing some relief to her.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Disclaimer, The picture below is not her head.

Re: Urgent Help With Lice Infestation by Timoleon(m): 7:33am On Jul 25, 2023
You should have used pictures of her hair/head.

She remove all hair on her head and start from skin.
Re: Urgent Help With Lice Infestation by ahnie: 8:07am On Jul 25, 2023
Tell her to barb skin cut....then monitor it from there.

I don't know if kerosene is a good alternative.
Re: Urgent Help With Lice Infestation by infogenius(m): 8:35am On Jul 25, 2023
ahnie:
Tell her to barb skin cut....then monitor it from there.

I don't know if kerosene is a good alternative.

She’s shaved her hair about three weeks ago, to properly attend to it but same thing.
And as I write her hair is low
Re: Urgent Help With Lice Infestation by ahnie: 8:36am On Jul 25, 2023
infogenius:

She’s shaved her hair about three weeks ago, to properly attend to it but same thing.
And as I write her hair is low
Not low cut....skin shaved more like kodo(bololo) or gorimakpa
Re: Urgent Help With Lice Infestation by infogenius(m): 8:37am On Jul 25, 2023
Timoleon:
You should have used pictures of her hair/head.

She remove all hair on her head and start from skin.

There’s nothing to see on her scalp at the moment except for bruises from the relaxer, comb and the things she’s administered on her scalp
Re: Urgent Help With Lice Infestation by infogenius(m): 8:40am On Jul 25, 2023
V[color=#006600][/color]
ahnie:

Not low cut....skin shaved more like kodo(bololo) or gorimakpap

If u read my earlier post, I said she shaved her head.
Just that now, hair is beginning to grow again.

She will shave again as it stands.

But honestly I am bothered too
Re: Urgent Help With Lice Infestation by Timoleon(m): 8:43am On Jul 25, 2023
infogenius:

If u read my earlier post, I said she shaved her head.
Just that now, hair is beginning to grow again
shaving is different from skin cut. If you mean skin cut, say she had a skin cut. If you mean she shaved, then she should go on skin cut. Change her bed sheets and pillowcase, use antiseptic hair creams.
Re: Urgent Help With Lice Infestation by Teetee777: 8:52am On Jul 25, 2023
No cause of alarm, just go and buy
1. black seed oil
2. Olive oil
3. garlic oil
mix all together same quantity.
1 use it to rub the place
2. Take 2 spoon morning and night.

Buy original black seed oil, the original has "Miracle" on it's box
Re: Urgent Help With Lice Infestation by infogenius(m): 8:56am On Jul 25, 2023
Teetee777:
No cause of alarm, just go and buy
1. black seed oil
2. olive oil
3. garlic oil
mix all together same quantity.
1 use it to rub the place
2. Tale 2 spoon morning and night.

Many thanks for ur submission

Black seed oil that Yorubas call adin dudu right?

U mean oral intake too?
Re: Urgent Help With Lice Infestation by Teetee777: 9:15am On Jul 25, 2023
infogenius:

Many thanks for ur submission

Black seed oil that Yorubas call adin dudu right?

U mean oral intake too?
Adin is different from black seed I. Go to anywhere they are selling Islamic materials or Friday mosque, you can get it there. It is very available here in the north. It is a product from Algeria, Egypt etc

Yes, Oral intake, 2spoon

Re: Urgent Help With Lice Infestation by infogenius(m): 10:46am On Jul 25, 2023
Teetee777:

Adin is different from black seed I. Go to anywhere they are selling Islamic materials or Friday mosque, you can get it there. It is very available here in the north. It is a product from Algeria, Egypt etc

Yes, Oral intake, 2spoon

Many thanks, deeply appreciated. I will check them out

(1) (Reply)

Business Manager / Unrefined 100% Pure And Natural Shea Butter Available For Sale / A Health Awareness Firm Is Recruiting.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.