Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,050 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Should I Draw The Attention Of The Management? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Draw The Attention Of The Management? (16677 Views)

Art Tutorial On How To Draw Realistic Dreadlocks First Step / Amarachi Okafor, UNIZIK Student Painter Attracts Government Attention / 5 Things Every Employee Expects From The Management (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Draw The Attention Of The Management? by Oyindamolah: 10:44am On Jul 25, 2023
From DM
Good morning everyone
I have a question

I was newly employed as an accountant of a firm.

In their payroll, I discovered that their tax liability is higher than what they are expected to pay.

The reason is...
All employees contribute to Pension and NHF ( Though it has not been paid. It was held in a liability account and also deducted from the gross salary of employees to get net pay).

These two contributions are tax exempt items but I discovered when determining the Gross income these two items are not deducted which makes the tax liability increases.

So I want to draw the attention of the management to this.

Hope I am right?

Thanks for your response in advance

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Draw The Attention Of The Management? by Oblongata: 10:51am On Jul 25, 2023
Consider these 3 reasonings!

1)You don't know if the anomaly is a fraud and designed to benefit someone! You must firstly ensure you investigate and report your findings (if any) to the owner directly.
2) You don't want to seem like 'I Too Know' to the rest of your co workers as you are new. Be patient and watchful, and know the right time to act and who to report to!
3) You can intimate the auditors to put it in their RTM.

148 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Draw The Attention Of The Management? by immortalcrown(m): 10:54am On Jul 25, 2023
First speak to the manager or CEO privately.

The increase in the liability might be deliberate. If so, it is fraudulent. And if it is fraudulent, exposing it will have a serious consequence on you. The consequence might even be a threat to your life.

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Draw The Attention Of The Management? by Dimaya: 11:26am On Jul 25, 2023
grin

1 Like

Re: Should I Draw The Attention Of The Management? by LegallyBlunt: 11:26am On Jul 25, 2023
My advice will be to go to the boss directly above you first. But before doing so, please study the person discreetly.

6 Likes

Re: Should I Draw The Attention Of The Management? by Utanisco(m): 11:26am On Jul 25, 2023
Engage in temple run
E never good

1 Like

Re: Should I Draw The Attention Of The Management? by Primusinterpares(m): 11:27am On Jul 25, 2023
Tred with caution.
Be wise but do the right thing

2 Likes

Re: Should I Draw The Attention Of The Management? by MySexyMoni(f): 11:27am On Jul 25, 2023
Feelings are just visitors, let them come and go.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Draw The Attention Of The Management? by akpumping7720(m): 11:27am On Jul 25, 2023
Wawu
Re: Should I Draw The Attention Of The Management? by Akwamkpuruamu: 11:27am On Jul 25, 2023
Please do, they will appreciate it

1 Like

Re: Should I Draw The Attention Of The Management? by jaybenugo: 11:27am On Jul 25, 2023
undecided
Re: Should I Draw The Attention Of The Management? by Weedhustler: 11:27am On Jul 25, 2023
Learn to mind ur business oga...except ur job is whistle blowing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Draw The Attention Of The Management? by BCISLTD: 11:28am On Jul 25, 2023
If nobody asks u...face ur work

Check my profile for cheap phones

Re: Should I Draw The Attention Of The Management? by Sonnobax15(m): 11:28am On Jul 25, 2023
lipsrsealed
Mind your business bro.....make dem no come set you up and later sack you for simply trying to be the honest one among thieves.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Draw The Attention Of The Management? by MrDoGood(m): 11:28am On Jul 25, 2023
Inform the MD privately

2 Likes

Re: Should I Draw The Attention Of The Management? by GloriousGbola: 11:29am On Jul 25, 2023
Every company rewards people who save them money. Make sure you have everything properly detailed then meet with the boss.

This is the kind of thing that gets people promoted. However, how is it the previous accountant or consultant missed this?

19 Likes

Re: Should I Draw The Attention Of The Management? by Kaybaba5(m): 11:30am On Jul 25, 2023
Be careful……

1 Like

Re: Should I Draw The Attention Of The Management? by phemmyfour: 11:30am On Jul 25, 2023
Oyindamolah:
From DM
If it's not your duty...mind your business .

ITK (I too know) kills

3 Likes

Re: Should I Draw The Attention Of The Management? by gaby(m): 11:30am On Jul 25, 2023
Internal fraud.

1 Like

Re: Should I Draw The Attention Of The Management? by Peejayz: 11:30am On Jul 25, 2023
Weedhustler:
Learn to mind ur business oga...except ur job is whistle blowing.
it is part of his job as an accountant ..

10 Likes

Re: Should I Draw The Attention Of The Management? by phemsie(m): 11:32am On Jul 25, 2023
i
Re: Should I Draw The Attention Of The Management? by oluwaseyi0: 11:32am On Jul 25, 2023
Talk to the head accountant or your supervisor first

2 Likes

Re: Should I Draw The Attention Of The Management? by reel14: 11:33am On Jul 25, 2023
Seems you guys are not getting the potter's point.
He/ she is trying to save the company from high tax liability. Normally, pension and NHIF should not be taxed

10 Likes

Re: Should I Draw The Attention Of The Management? by denko(m): 11:34am On Jul 25, 2023
Please inform the person in charge as soon as possible the person that compute the paye does not know those items are exempted fraud cannot arise in this scenario because all monies are paid though checks and bank transfers i guess.
Oyindamolah:
From DM

4 Likes

Re: Should I Draw The Attention Of The Management? by ibawon(m): 11:35am On Jul 25, 2023
Oyindamolah:
From DM
If you want to report this please do it via email, with your evidence. I repeat via email. So no one will be able to deny in the future.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Draw The Attention Of The Management? by April396949: 11:35am On Jul 25, 2023
It depends on the specific situation and why you think it is necessary to draw the attention of the management. If you have a valid concern or issue that could potentially benefit from their intervention or guidance, then it may be appropriate to bring it to their attention. However, if it is a minor issue that can be resolved at a lower level or through alternative means, it might be more effective to address it directly with the relevant parties involved. Consider the potential impact and importance of the issue before deciding whether to involve the management.

1 Like

Re: Should I Draw The Attention Of The Management? by Helpfromabove1(m): 11:37am On Jul 25, 2023
Do the right thing simple

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Right Abuse By Employers. / Bankers, Others Take Insurance Cover Against Job Losses / How To Switch To A Career In Data Analysis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.