Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,299 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

This Is Why No One Will Trust Us. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / This Is Why No One Will Trust Us. (2207 Views)

Days When Nigerians Trust Nigerians. / Who Do You Trust With The Maintenance Of Your Property? Who Does It Better! / Does A Man Trust Woman Becos She Is A Virgin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is Why No One Will Trust Us. by naijadiva2(f): 11:36pm On Sep 08, 2007
http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=2711477

oyibo people always trying to show the bad side of us especially when they are the victim.
Re: This Is Why No One Will Trust Us. by bluesky4(f): 11:45pm On Sep 08, 2007
Are you defending these yahoo boys? Was it the 'oyibos' who forced them to do it. I don't understand why your angry at the 'oyibos'.

I have recieved this emails and it disgusts me that these nigerians can't get a real job, yet they would rather scam people.
Waste of space!

The reason why no1 will trust u, is because of your fellow people. To be honest, im sick of it.
Re: This Is Why No One Will Trust Us. by naijadiva2(f): 11:58pm On Sep 08, 2007
1st of all, i never said that i like what they are doing, 2nd of all, they're not my people. get it straight. 3rd all, i'm saying that they act like there country don't do the same thing. Russian people do it more than us but i bet you never knew that.
Re: This Is Why No One Will Trust Us. by Ikomi(m): 12:00am On Sep 09, 2007
@Bluesky

What u don't really understand is this. If the Surgeon has given his $300,000.00 for the $3Million dollars the Yahoo boys promised him. And he indeed got the $3Million. Would it have made news?  angry
Re: This Is Why No One Will Trust Us. by Ikomi(m): 12:01am On Sep 09, 2007
@Naija Diva

It is not only in Russia, the west and Europeans started it all. They call them Trickstars, in other to give glory to there wrong act. But now that blacks have perfected it better than them, it should be condemned in all its forms.

Can u imagine a surgeon given $300,000.00 for money printed illegally. He himself is a criminal.
Re: This Is Why No One Will Trust Us. by lovemajek(f): 12:08am On Sep 09, 2007
very sadden, no comment, wait, but the surgeon too na thief.
Re: This Is Why No One Will Trust Us. by naijadiva2(f): 12:10am On Sep 09, 2007
http://youtube.com/watch?v=gHphszkawoU&mode=related&search=

this one is like the first one but long. just fast forward to the interview.
Re: This Is Why No One Will Trust Us. by naijadiva2(f): 12:12am On Sep 09, 2007
lovemajek:

very sadden, no comment, wait, but the surgeon too na thief.

he was just mad cuz he lost money to some africans. i bet if they were europeans, his mouth would been kept shut and there wouldn't be a whole series on it.
Re: This Is Why No One Will Trust Us. by lovemajek(f): 12:14am On Sep 09, 2007
yes, you're right.
But the whole scam thing started from our colonial master, i think its pay back time, though i wish they can pay in another way.
Re: This Is Why No One Will Trust Us. by naijadiva2(f): 12:15am On Sep 09, 2007
i know but that's what greed causes, no matter where u from.
Re: This Is Why No One Will Trust Us. by bluesky4(f): 12:18am On Sep 09, 2007
Lol, so because some other country started it, it means that Nigerians are innocent. If your gonna mess with respected member of society, than your going to be made the fool. Whether the surgeon is a criminal or not, her got scammed and rightly so want his money back.

I dont think Russia has anything to do with it, if they are better scammers than Nigerians, do u not think America will expose them quickly. The US do not trust Russians and will not dable in any of their fraud.

Is it not Nigeria who are the 3rd most curropt country in the world?

I cannot comment on this situation, but i get a lot of emails from these yahoo boys. They say how I've just won the lottery, they are dying from one kind disease, or they want me to invest in somethin. Its a shame how some people are quick to defend these nigerians.

@ikomi
where in that tape did it say that the surgeon got $3 million?

@ lovemajek
wow, people like to always bring back the 'colonial masters'! hahaha, every wrong with Nigerians is because of our 'colonial masters'. Go and look at South Africa, who really struggles because of the colonial masters, and looks how far they have progressed, yet we are still as backwards as before. Was it not ur village elder who wanted to do business with the colonial masters?
Re: This Is Why No One Will Trust Us. by lovemajek(f): 12:20am On Sep 09, 2007
yes, you're right, the villager were scammed with books and little gifts.
Re: This Is Why No One Will Trust Us. by naijadiva2(f): 12:22am On Sep 09, 2007
I don't think Russia has anything to do with it, if they are better scammers than Nigerians, do u not think America will expose them quickly. The US do not trust Russians and will not dable in any of their fraud.

dont think so

Is it not Nigeria who are the 3rd most curropt country in the world?
r we not the happiest country in the world according to sources

I cannot comment on this situation, but i get a lot of emails from these yahoo boys. They say how I've just won the lottery, they are dying from one kind disease, or they want me to invest in somethin. Its a shame how some people are quick to defend these nigerians.

how do u know that they are all nigerians?
Re: This Is Why No One Will Trust Us. by echelon(m): 12:24am On Sep 09, 2007
The issue of scam,con,419 is truly ubiquitious.
It actually started in the west with guys like

Victor Lustig(the man who sold the Eiffel Tower),
William Thompson,
Joseph "Yellow Kid" Weil
George C Parker (sold NYC monuments to tourists), etc.

We even have living con artists like
Robert Hendy Freegard
James Arthur Hogue, etc

The only difference is that while the western con artists calls the target the "mark", their Nigerian counterparts call the target the "mugu"
Re: This Is Why No One Will Trust Us. by Nobody: 12:24am On Sep 09, 2007
blue-sky:

Are you defending these yahoo boys? Was it the 'oyibos' who forced them to do it. I don't understand why your angry at the 'oyibos'.

I have recieved this emails and it disgusts me that these nigerians can't get a real job, yet they would rather scam people.
Waste of space!

The reason why no1 will trust u, is because of your fellow people. To be honest, im sick of it.

I don't understand why either.

naija_diva:

1st of all, i never said that i like what they are doing, 2nd of all, they're not my people. get it straight. 3rd all, i'm saying that they act like there country don't do the same thing. Russian people do it more than us but i bet you never knew that.

So, just because Russians scam / rob folk, is that a reason for Nigerians to follow suit?   I'm sure these scam artists have brains in their heads, and can at least grasp the basic concept between right and wrong! So, if the Russians decided to begin selling their children for body parts, would Nigerians do the same, and continue bleating, "but the Russians do it"? Come on!

Ikomi:

@Naija Diva

It is not only in Russia, the west and Europeans started it all. They call them Trickstars, in other to give glory to there wrong act. But now that blacks have perfected it better than them, it should be condemned in all its forms.

Can u imagine a surgeon given $300,000.00 for money printed illegally. He himself is a criminal.

True, but 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Ikomi:

@Bluesky

What u don't really understand is this. If the Surgeon has given his $300,000.00 for the $3Million dollars the Yahoo boys promised him. And he indeed got the $3Million. Would it have made news?  angry

You sound like you're in favour of scam artists. Why would it have made news, if the surgeon hadn't been defrauded? I'm Nigerian myself, but it doesn't make me blind to the fact Nigerian scam artists are giving us all a bad name! Wake up and smell the coffee.

naija_diva:

he was just mad because he lost money to some africans. i bet if they were europeans, his mouth would been kept shut and there wouldn't be a whole series on it.

And rightly so too - if I'd been defrauded of $300,000 by anyone, irrespective of colour / race, I'd be mad too! Untill we admit Nigeria has a problem, and quit burying our heads in the sand, it's a problem that'll NEVER go away.
Re: This Is Why No One Will Trust Us. by bluesky4(f): 12:29am On Sep 09, 2007
lovemajek:

yes, you're right, the villager were scammed with books and little gifts.

so books and little gift are more important than people lives, ie slaves?

naija_diva:

r we not the happiest country in the world according to sources

according to a survey taken, not exactly the most scientific study. Did u not know that people can lie?
i'd rather be unhappy and living an honest life, call me old fashioned, but what you reep on earth u will surely get in heaven.

naija_diva:

how do u know that they are all nigerians?
because i am nigerian myself, and a nigerian name sticks out like a sore thumb.

And yes it is true, USA do not trust the Russians, remember the cold war? there are still a lot of republican americans who still think all russians are spys.
Re: This Is Why No One Will Trust Us. by naijadiva2(f): 12:29am On Sep 09, 2007
So, just because Russians scam / rob folk, is that a reason for Nigerians to follow suit?   I'm sure these scam artists have brains in their heads, and can at least grasp the basic concept between right and wrong! So, if the Russians decided to begin selling their children for body parts, would Nigerians do the same, and continue bleating, "but the Russians do it"? Come on!
did i say it was right. i said that others are doing it but to them nigerians stand out.

And rightly so too - if I'd been defrauded of $300,000 by anyone, irrespective of colour / race, I'd be mad too! Untill we admit Nigeria has a problem, and quit burying our heads in the sand, it's a problem that'll NEVER go away.

we know nigeria has a problem.
Re: This Is Why No One Will Trust Us. by naijadiva2(f): 12:32am On Sep 09, 2007
And yes it is true, USA do not trust the Russians, remember the cold war? there are still a lot of republican americans who still think all russians are spys.
i dont' remember the cold war, either i wasn't alive yet or i was too young.
Re: This Is Why No One Will Trust Us. by bluesky4(f): 12:32am On Sep 09, 2007
@ sienna, some1 atlast who speaks sense.
But sometimes people on this forum will like to blame other people for what going wrong with they're country. Irrespective of who scammed me, $300,000 is not chicken money, i would be pissed of aswell, and would want my money back.
Re: This Is Why No One Will Trust Us. by Nobody: 12:33am On Sep 09, 2007
Nigeria has a problem, plain and simple. And, untill Nigerians  acknowledge that fact, the country's NOT going to move on. It's time to stop blaming other countries for the state Nigeria's in today, and do something about it. For starters, forget about other alleged countries that are scamming left, right and centre, that's not Nigeria's concern.

What SHOULD be Nigeria's immediate concern is trying to change the rest of the world's perception of Nigerians as a whole.
Re: This Is Why No One Will Trust Us. by Nobody: 12:39am On Sep 09, 2007
naija_diva:

did i say it was right. i said that others are doing it but to them nigerians stand out.

Which brings me back to what I posted before - Nigeria needs to forget about "other" countries that are allegedly scamming others, they are NOT our problem. On the other hand, Nigerians in crime are very much our problem.

Let the "other" countries deal with their own image, Nigeria needs to do the same.
Re: This Is Why No One Will Trust Us. by naijadiva2(f): 12:39am On Sep 09, 2007
Siena:

Nigeria has a problem, plain and simple. And, untill Nigerians  acknowledge that fact, the country's NOT going to move on. It's time to stop blaming other countries for the state Nigeria's in today, and do something about it. For starters, forget about other alleged countries that are scamming left, right and centre, that's not Nigeria's concern.

What SHOULD be Nigeria's immediate concern is trying to change the rest of the world's perception of Nigerians as a whole.

well that's not going to happen as long as we are in africa, they still gonna see nigeria they way it is or the way they want to see it.
Re: This Is Why No One Will Trust Us. by lovemajek(f): 12:40am On Sep 09, 2007
trust me the western world knows that Nigerian have great potential, but they keep blocking our ways to success with all ability and facilities  denails.  They want to keep all the good acknowledgement away from the publics eyes,and publish all the little atrosities
Re: This Is Why No One Will Trust Us. by naijadiva2(f): 12:40am On Sep 09, 2007
Let the "other" countries deal with their own image, Nigeria needs to do the same.

they have no image.
Re: This Is Why No One Will Trust Us. by Ikomi(m): 12:40am On Sep 09, 2007
Siena:

You sound like you're in favour of scam artists. Why would it have made news, if the surgeon hadn't been defrauded? I'm Nigerian myself, but it doesn't make me blind to the fact Nigerian scam artists are giving us all a bad name! Wake up and smell the coffee.

Its u that should wake up and get informed. If u know the amount of fraud that goes on everywhere round the world today, u would understand that tagging Nigerians as Fraudsters is way not being realistic.

In the west till today, a company would write u to send them from £5 - £50 pounds so as to get a loan which they are sure ur not entitled to and would never get. So many denizens of the European nations fall victim to this scams. And this are scams running into billions and millions of pounds and no one talks about it.

Not to mention the credit card frauds. 250,000 pple credit cards details were stolen from T-k marks database some months ago. Do u know how much that could turn out to be in real money.

This is my last comment on this. But please get informed before u say anything.

Am not saying that Nigerians are doing the right thing.

But all thieves should be punished equally. And if by any reason the bigger thief should be left to roam about and even glorified why crucify the small one?
Re: This Is Why No One Will Trust Us. by naijadiva2(f): 12:42am On Sep 09, 2007
lovemajek:

trust me the western world knows that Nigerian have great potential, but they keep blocking our ways to success with all ability and facilities denails. They want to keep all the good acknowledgement away from the publics eyes,and publish all the little atrosities
exactly. why is it that africa has all the resources and yet we are poor. we have gold, oil, diamond and much more.
Re: This Is Why No One Will Trust Us. by naijadiva2(f): 12:46am On Sep 09, 2007
Ikomi:

Its u that should wake up and get informed. If u know the amount of fraud that goes on everywhere round the world today, u would understand that tagging Nigerians as Fraudsters is way not being realistic.

In the west till today, a company would write u to send them from £5 - £50 pounds so as to get a loan which they are sure your not entitled to and would never get. So many denizens of the European nations fall victim to this scams. And this are scams running into billions and millions of pounds and no one talks about it.

Not to mention the credit card frauds. 250,000 people credit cards details were stolen from T-k marks database some months ago. Do u know how much that could turn out to be in real money.

This is my last comment on this. But please get informed before u say anything.

Am not saying that Nigerians are doing the right thing.

But all thieves should be punished equally. And if by any reason the bigger thief should be left to roam about and even glorified why crucify the small one?

point made. everyone should be punished the same. for ex. people were mad when paris hilton went to jail and was released in three days only because she's rich. but an ordinary man would be puniched to the highest extent.
Re: This Is Why No One Will Trust Us. by bluesky4(f): 12:51am On Sep 09, 2007
What has paris hilton got to do with it? most people will not have so much media attention for going to prison, and no1 ever gets the full term prison sentence. She got 3 days for driving without a liscence, what do u want her to get, life? Petty cases like this should not be brought up.

Its true, africa is the riches country in the world, it has the resources to do so. However, its the priority for the government of these countries to make africa a better nation. Nobody is hindering our success but ourselves.
Re: This Is Why No One Will Trust Us. by naijadiva2(f): 12:53am On Sep 09, 2007
What has paris hilton got to do with it? most people will not have so much media attention for going to prison, and no1 ever gets the full term prison sentence. She got 3 days for driving without a liscence, what do u want her to get, life? Petty cases like this should not be brought up.
she was not sentenced 3 days. thats why they put her back for longer days, but she's out now.
Re: This Is Why No One Will Trust Us. by bluesky4(f): 12:54am On Sep 09, 2007
Ok ma, i should know about my paris hilton general knowledge tongue
Re: This Is Why No One Will Trust Us. by naijadiva2(f): 12:56am On Sep 09, 2007
so u would know that people got mad when she came out in 3 days, which wasn't her original sentence.
Re: This Is Why No One Will Trust Us. by bluesky4(f): 12:57am On Sep 09, 2007
No1 serves the full sentence though? A murderer who is sentenced for 25 years in UK is more likely to serve 13 years.
Paris Hilton's crime is petty, and frankly why should people care?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kola Nut: Nigeria's Seed Of Togetherness / Nigerian Superstition: When You Sleep With Your Legs On The Wall / How Ndokwa Igbos Greet Married Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.