Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,519 members, 7,826,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

DSS Re-arrests Emefiele After Tussle With Prison Officials - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS Re-arrests Emefiele After Tussle With Prison Officials (52070 Views)

Falana: Prison Officials Arrange Young People To Serve Jail Terms For Criminals / Emir Sanusi's case against Kano Govt, IG of Police, DSS re-opened / Elisha Abbo Eats With Prison Inmates On New Year Day (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSS Re-arrests Emefiele After Tussle With Prison Officials by Shattuck(m): 5:35pm On Jul 25, 2023
worksmart:
Why everyone criticising DSS as if they are not following orders from Tinubu?

Was it also DSS that suspended him as CBN governor?

Most people on this thread seem to have lost ability to reason properly.
I know of course the DSS is working for tinubu, even bigger shame for the mandate thief.
Re: DSS Re-arrests Emefiele After Tussle With Prison Officials by NaijaCrusader: 5:35pm On Jul 25, 2023
FacilitatorLekk:
Emeifele's crimes were against national security...the protests in Benin against currency withdrawal, could have spread, that could have caused anarchy in Nigeria, all because of a dumb, selfish policy of withdrawing currency, a policy with no benefit for economy or Nigerians.

Then why is the DSS not charging him on those charges but on some flimsy possession of illegal firearms. The DSS is fast losing any atom of prestige that it has left. What kind of a country is Nigeria turning into

1 Like

Re: DSS Re-arrests Emefiele After Tussle With Prison Officials by Omik111(m): 5:35pm On Jul 25, 2023
Most of Jobi doesn't think before comment. what concern Emefele with changing of money? It was an order by buhari
Re: DSS Re-arrests Emefiele After Tussle With Prison Officials by holluwizzy: 5:36pm On Jul 25, 2023
Everything u re seeing and reading Na script.

FreeStuffsNG:
Now it is clear that this was why the prison officers were restrained from taking him.

The prison officer should have just been patient and wait until the DSS officials with the accused recieve a superior order. They wanted to rearrest him and probably waiting to sort the papers to withhold him.

The good thing is that we can all see that Mr Emefiele is alive and his trial has started. Those two charges today are like place holders in my opinion. Wait for the real charges very soon. Check my signature for free stuffs!
Re: DSS Re-arrests Emefiele After Tussle With Prison Officials by Omik111(m): 5:36pm On Jul 25, 2023
If dss are working let them go after buhari
Re: DSS Re-arrests Emefiele After Tussle With Prison Officials by lexy2014: 5:37pm On Jul 25, 2023
FacilitatorLekk:

Like the guy told you, he should have resigned. He bears full responsibility as CBN governor.

Is that what I asked you?

If all that happened was his fault, why is he not being charged for those things?

Which guy are u talking about?

1 Like

Re: DSS Re-arrests Emefiele After Tussle With Prison Officials by Reference(m): 5:38pm On Jul 25, 2023
Nigerians are divided and unsure whether their institutions should obey court orders.
Tomorrow they will be the ones to complain about this.
If the NLC and TUC decides tomorrow not to obey the courts and proceeds to organise strike actions, what should these people say, after all the NLC will be acting in the 'national interest for economic security.

One of the reasons why Nigeria remains like this is the unprincipled nature of the average Nigerian.
Continually emitting mixed signals to government as to what is acceptable or not.
The Emefiele who is a victim today was a perpetrator of institutional abuse just a few short months ago as a 'power broker' of his own.

It will happen to these ones disobeying today.
That is a certainty.

1 Like

Re: DSS Re-arrests Emefiele After Tussle With Prison Officials by MichaelSokoto(m): 5:39pm On Jul 25, 2023
BoldBrainz:
Which kind country God put me inside like this, ni tori olohun.. ?!
noffin seen yet!

dey play fes!

grin
Re: DSS Re-arrests Emefiele After Tussle With Prison Officials by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jul 25, 2023
IamtheTruth1:

But control of currency distribution is also not his right?
You are missing the point. His job is to enact the right policies, his job is not to enact policies not well thought through that jeopardized the lives of Nigerians, and nearly brought anarchy to Nigeria. Emeifele seized currency totally from circulation, this has never been heard of before in the world.
Re: DSS Re-arrests Emefiele After Tussle With Prison Officials by Mrhonesty: 5:41pm On Jul 25, 2023
It's normal. Not a new thing if you are conversant with the such cases.
There are more different charges in the next few days. Financial charges are to follow now.

quote author=BoldBrainz post=124651711]Which kind country God put me inside like this, ni tori olohun.. ?![/quote]
Re: DSS Re-arrests Emefiele After Tussle With Prison Officials by ChristianMuslim: 5:43pm On Jul 25, 2023
Like buhari Like Tinubu.. The Buhari of bad memories
Re: DSS Re-arrests Emefiele After Tussle With Prison Officials by nnamdi640: 5:45pm On Jul 25, 2023
Lawless country, honestly our judiciary system has been reduced to zero.
Re: DSS Re-arrests Emefiele After Tussle With Prison Officials by nicedayontop: 5:45pm On Jul 25, 2023
toneroforever:

STFU already.
That's how folks like u support impunity.
DSS r terrorists & have no regard for the rule of law.
What goes around comes around, did emefiele himself obey court order when he was asked to suspend the deadline for the withdrawal of old currency from circulation.
Re: DSS Re-arrests Emefiele After Tussle With Prison Officials by udemzyudex(m): 5:46pm On Jul 25, 2023
Tinubu will be worse than Buhari.

1 Like

Re: DSS Re-arrests Emefiele After Tussle With Prison Officials by oyeraff: 5:46pm On Jul 25, 2023
when supreme court ordered that the old naira note should continue to be used as legal tender, did Emefiele comply with the supreme court order? No, both the new and the old notes we can not see. DSS too should not comply with this court order
Re: DSS Re-arrests Emefiele After Tussle With Prison Officials by OLOKOESHIN: 5:47pm On Jul 25, 2023
fuckJones:
ifeanyi Godwin Emifiele is our brother from the Biafra country.

He is a terrorist
He has links with ESN
Re: DSS Re-arrests Emefiele After Tussle With Prison Officials by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jul 25, 2023
cool Happy to see DSS wearing different clothing beyond suits, saw some with nice shirt .. but I don't know why the fight, DSS are monitoring spirits , you can't even hide in a forest if you are a Person of Interest, as for the NCS although I don't know the procedures, but I believe there should be an official mode of transfer of suspect and identification.
Re: DSS Re-arrests Emefiele After Tussle With Prison Officials by 9jaRealist: 5:49pm On Jul 25, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Now it is clear that this was why the prison officers were restrained from taking him.

The prison officer should have just been patient and wait until the DSS officials with the accused recieve a superior order. They wanted to rearrest him and probably waiting to sort the papers to withhold him.

The good thing is that we can all see that Mr Emefiele is alive and his trial has started. Those two charges today are like place holders in my opinion. Wait for the real charges very soon. Check my signature for free stuffs!

DISGUSTING, DISGRACEFUL AND DESPICABLE PARTISAN DRIVEL…

The orders of court are NOT subject to the orders of any “superior” DSS officer!
If those DSS THUGS are too dumb and/or illiterate to know that, the DSS lawyers should’ve informed them.

Nigeria has increasingly turned a Banana Republic of a POLICE STATE…
With the SECRET POLICE a law unto themselves - and are here being applauded by a partisan Peanut Gallery!
>

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DSS Re-arrests Emefiele After Tussle With Prison Officials by ObidenceNeckpre: 5:51pm On Jul 25, 2023
CRY
jaybenugo:
grin The 'Jagaban' Masquerade has landed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uP1l3dbE8o
Re: DSS Re-arrests Emefiele After Tussle With Prison Officials by Pacyrus(m): 5:52pm On Jul 25, 2023
Kingsmeal:

Shurrup..

Is Emefiele now the President?

What of Buhari? Who okayed the policy
Don't mind him
Re: DSS Re-arrests Emefiele After Tussle With Prison Officials by 9jaRealist: 5:52pm On Jul 25, 2023
jackcanfield:
cool Happy to see DSS wearing different clothing beyond suits, saw some with nice shirt .. but I don't know why the fight, DSS are monitoring spirits , you can't even hide in a forest if you are a Person of Interest, as for the NCS although I don't know the procedures, but I believe there should be an official mode of transfer of suspect and identification.

Yes, good to wear “nice shirts” as they trample upon the Rule of Law and the rights of citizens whose taxes pay for those “clothing”… undecided
>
Re: DSS Re-arrests Emefiele After Tussle With Prison Officials by ada9ja(f): 5:55pm On Jul 25, 2023
madridguy:
DSS don see replacement for Ibrahim Zakzaky, Dansuki grin grin grin Emefielele don buy market. The masses head don catch you. You policy killed people, made some people to develop untreated ailment.

Thank you God for this day grin

What is tinubu policy doing to us now
Re: DSS Re-arrests Emefiele After Tussle With Prison Officials by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 25, 2023
9jaRealist:

Yes, good to wear “nice shirts” as they trample upon the Rule of Law and the rights of citizens whose taxes pay for those “clothing”… undecided
>
They are rules guiding them too, moreover they need to be some identification and formality to show suspect in there custody has been transferred, I don't think that should happen at the court premises.
Re: DSS Re-arrests Emefiele After Tussle With Prison Officials by IamtheTruth1(m): 5:55pm On Jul 25, 2023
FacilitatorLekk:

You are missing the point. His job is to enact the right policies, his job is not to enact policies not well thought through that jeopardized the lives of Nigerians, and nearly brought anarchy to Nigeria. Emeifele seized currency totally from circulation, this has never been heard of before in the world.

Lol! You still don’t know what happened man. He didn’t seize any new money from circulation. It was bank directors who owes loyalties to certain people I won’t mention that seized the money from circulation. Are u not aware that he started using EFCC to go to banks ? Or u didn’t see images of money in banks vaults ?
Re: DSS Re-arrests Emefiele After Tussle With Prison Officials by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jul 25, 2023
9jaRealist:

>
They are rules guiding them too, moreover they need to be some identification and formality to show suspect in their custody have been transferred, I don't think that should happen at the court premises. The only wahala I have with them is when the order is from above ... And they don't define who gave the order.
Re: DSS Re-arrests Emefiele After Tussle With Prison Officials by Ykc2(m): 5:56pm On Jul 25, 2023
madridguy:
DSS don see replacement for Ibrahim Zakzaky, Dansuki grin grin grin Emefielele don buy market. The masses head don catch you. You policy killed people, made some people to develop untreated ailment.

Thank you God for this day grin
which useless masses ,if tinubu no fear make he touch one fulani cabal wey follow buhari distroy na emefiele he dey harass
Re: DSS Re-arrests Emefiele After Tussle With Prison Officials by toneroforever(m): 5:58pm On Jul 25, 2023
Hussein035:

Did you know how many people died because of this useless emefailure

They should also arrest all his family members who refuse to call him to order

All these rubbish u guys post reveals the extent of ur hypocrisy. Buhari ordered whatever Emefiele did so if u want to make noise encourage the demented self acclaimed hero of democracy to arrest PMB.

1 Like

Re: DSS Re-arrests Emefiele After Tussle With Prison Officials by Reference(m): 5:58pm On Jul 25, 2023
oyeraff:
when supreme court ordered that the old naira note should continue to be used as legal tender, did Emefiele comply with the supreme court order? No, both the new and the old notes we can not see. DSS too should not comply with this court order

Th is is exactly what I say.
The unprincipled, mixed signals the citizenry sends out, often at the spur of the moment, out of emotion, and totally void of introspection. The kind of 'short-termish', narrow way the victim today acted in the past.

Now take a step back and consider ALL the possibilities around your existence as a Nigerian. Under all governments, for all times and in all circumstances. Ask yourself this simple question again.

Should the rule of law be obeyed or not....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DSS Re-arrests Emefiele After Tussle With Prison Officials by 9jaRealist: 5:58pm On Jul 25, 2023
jackcanfield:
They are rules guiding them too, moreover they need to be some identification and formality to show suspect in there custody has been transferred, I don't think that should happen at the court premises.

Whatever “rules guiding them” are NOT superior to the Rule of Law…
If the they’re too dumb or illiterate to know that, the DSS lawyers in court should’ve told them.
>

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DSS Re-arrests Emefiele After Tussle With Prison Officials by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 25, 2023
9jaRealist:

Whatever “rules guiding them” are NOT superior to the Rule of Law…
If the they’re too dumb or illiterate to know that, the DSS lawyers in court should’ve told them.
>
Well I am not a legal person, so it's not in my forte to argue this out , but I don't think Oga Emefiele should be treated badly and definitely won't be allowed, don't worry the Powers that be would prevail on the President, let them not stain us in the international scene.
Re: DSS Re-arrests Emefiele After Tussle With Prison Officials by Ikukuudo: 6:02pm On Jul 25, 2023
Truly nobody is above the law.
But why re-arresting him since they have moved him out of your custody.
They want to monitor how he will raise #120M for his bail.
#Godwillshamethem.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Storms Port-harcourt, Gets Heroic Welcome [video] / Tinubu Dresses In Isiagu For APC Presidential Campaign Rally In Ebonyi / “Juju No Dey Work For Bank” Man Says As Native Doctor Storms Access Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.