Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

Hunger: Arewa Youth Mobilizes For Mass Protests - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hunger: Arewa Youth Mobilizes For Mass Protests (1492 Views)

Arabambi Abayomi Reveals How Party Mobilizes For Rallies With Cash (Videeo) / Man Mobilizes His Ward For Peter Obi in Delta State (pictures) / Insecurity: Northern Groups Plan Mass Protests In 19 States Thursday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hunger: Arewa Youth Mobilizes For Mass Protests by iSense247: 7:57am On Jul 26, 2023
The Arewa Citizens Watch for Good Governance (ACWGG), has commenced mobilisation of its members and other Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) in the country to protest against what it described as ”officially induced hunger and high cost of living in the country."

It warned that if nothing is done within the next 10 days starting from Monday, July 24, 2023, the government should not blame the people for their ventilation of their anger against hunger.

ACWGG therefore called on Federal and State governments to as a matter of urgency, quickly roll out palliatives to cushion the dying hunger of the common man that could not go to farm following the activities of bandits and cannot afford high prices of food items in the markets.

The group particularly called on Civil Society Organisations to join it in mobilising their members and other Nigerians to protest against what it described as β€œartificially induced hunger and high-cost living” in the country.

These were in a statement on Monday by the chairman of ACWGG, Alhaji Aliyu Sani, in which it expressed sadness and deep concern over millions of voiceless Nigerians that are unable to cope with the escalating energy prices and growing severe hunger in the country, adding that the difficult situation has led to an upsurge in cases of petty theft and high mortality particularly in northern Nigeria.

https://forefrontng.com/hunger-arewa-youth-mobilizes-for-mass-protests/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hunger: Arewa Youth Mobilizes For Mass Protests by TemplarLandry: 7:57am On Jul 26, 2023
Re: Hunger: Arewa Youth Mobilizes For Mass Protests by phorget(m): 7:58am On Jul 26, 2023
E don dey set small small... grin

10 Likes

Re: Hunger: Arewa Youth Mobilizes For Mass Protests by ideynl1: 7:58am On Jul 26, 2023
They should restrict their protests to their states, a possibly match towards the National Assembly

1 Like

Re: Hunger: Arewa Youth Mobilizes For Mass Protests by SAMUEL1947: 7:58am On Jul 26, 2023
Are they mad or something......where were those Northerners when Buhari do his own for 8years?

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hunger: Arewa Youth Mobilizes For Mass Protests by blazepascal(m): 7:58am On Jul 26, 2023
Everybody is already feeling the heat.

3 Likes

Re: Hunger: Arewa Youth Mobilizes For Mass Protests by iSense247: 8:00am On Jul 26, 2023
ACWGG therefore called on Federal and State governments to as a matter of urgency, quickly roll out palliatives to cushion the dying hunger of the common man that could not go to farm following the activities of bandits and cannot afford high prices of food items in the markets.
These are the people who wanted to teach Igbos and Peter Obi political lesson of their life. 🐈

Unfortunately many of them will not live to tell their testimony due to artificial hunger and insecurity. Stop voting along religious and tribal lines cow heads won't listen.

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Hunger: Arewa Youth Mobilizes For Mass Protests by Nobody: 8:00am On Jul 26, 2023
Asiwaju should do something about minimum wage fast and sanction private sector as well. Let the poor breath I'm seriously not happy seeing people struggle daily for survival, it's bad but hopefully I'm sure things will be fine soon
Re: Hunger: Arewa Youth Mobilizes For Mass Protests by Urheadmaster(m): 8:03am On Jul 26, 2023
They love their own even if he is a terrorist tongue
SAMUEL1947:
Are they mad or something......where were they when Buhari do his own for 8years?

6 Likes

Re: Hunger: Arewa Youth Mobilizes For Mass Protests by 001Lagos: 8:04am On Jul 26, 2023
I thought the nonentities wanted to teach the Igbos political lessons ?

Na that hardship go kill them

8 Likes

Re: Hunger: Arewa Youth Mobilizes For Mass Protests by Curse777: 8:07am On Jul 26, 2023
cool

A little bit of patience and market forces would stabilize prices

The market middlemen hell bent on fustrating Nigerians with price inflation would soon get tired when volume of purchase decreases

Paying billions through debt for Petrol subsidy is not sustainable

Re: Hunger: Arewa Youth Mobilizes For Mass Protests by iSense247: 8:07am On Jul 26, 2023
IconicR:
Asiwaju should do something about minimum wage fast and sanction private sector as well. Let the poor breath I'm seriously not happy seeing people struggle daily for survival, it's bad but hopefully I'm sure things will be fine soon
Iyaebe, you are gradually coming back to your senses. Reality has begun to dawn on you. That's good.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hunger: Arewa Youth Mobilizes For Mass Protests by Beremx(f): 8:09am On Jul 26, 2023
This is what they should have done instead of protesting against Davido. Seems they're enjoying Tinubu's shege dan bura uba.

5 Likes

Re: Hunger: Arewa Youth Mobilizes For Mass Protests by Nobody: 8:09am On Jul 26, 2023
Hmm
Re: Hunger: Arewa Youth Mobilizes For Mass Protests by koiki4bat: 8:12am On Jul 26, 2023
Okay
Re: Hunger: Arewa Youth Mobilizes For Mass Protests by helinues: 8:12am On Jul 26, 2023
Put better source no Ochenja one
Re: Hunger: Arewa Youth Mobilizes For Mass Protests by AntiTerrorist: 8:12am On Jul 26, 2023
... adding that the difficult situation has led to an upsurge in cases of petty theft and high mortality particularly in northern Nigeria.

And if election is ran hundred times, they will still vote religion and tribe. They love and cherish their chain so much. With majority of people like these, Nigeria can't become better. It can only become the opposite.
Re: Hunger: Arewa Youth Mobilizes For Mass Protests by CannibalTorment: 8:15am On Jul 26, 2023
Arewa ? or igbos hiding under the north?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hunger: Arewa Youth Mobilizes For Mass Protests by Nobody: 8:16am On Jul 26, 2023
iSense247:
Iyaebe, you are gradually coming back to your senses. Reality has begun to dawn on you. That's good.
I'm iconicR and have never been insensitive to the plight of Nigerians. Better days ahead. I went out yesterday and I cried seeing people walking long distance just for survival. I believe everything will be fine soon.

2 Likes

Re: Hunger: Arewa Youth Mobilizes For Mass Protests by BoldBrainz(m): 8:18am On Jul 26, 2023
grin grin

Person wey dey hungry no go get strength even give 10 days ultimatum. Arewa still dey cruise.

Buhari's government largely favoured the Hausas, fulanis and Yorubas, so the remaining Nigerian tribes spent those 8years adapting to harsh economic policies. When elections came, those privileged folks opted to vote along tribal and religious lines cause they were walking around with full bellies. Now that their Iragbiji economist has removed the false blanket of comfort from their faces and reduced the meals going into their mouths, it is time for them to wake up to the Nigerian reality that the rest of us have already adapted to.

3 Likes

Re: Hunger: Arewa Youth Mobilizes For Mass Protests by John4B: 8:19am On Jul 26, 2023
Their brother was there for 8yrs. In fact, this hardship and our dwindled economy were caused by their brother. They should enjoy the hardship and desist from disturbing the peace of this nation.

5 Likes

Re: Hunger: Arewa Youth Mobilizes For Mass Protests by Nightwolf1: 8:19am On Jul 26, 2023
They should be shot @ sight for constituting public nuisance.πŸ˜‹
Re: Hunger: Arewa Youth Mobilizes For Mass Protests by Kukutente23: 8:21am On Jul 26, 2023
IconicR:
Nothing like minimum wage
It's 8k for the poor, 10k for the civil servants
Go and pick which one you belong
Re: Hunger: Arewa Youth Mobilizes For Mass Protests by iSense247: 8:21am On Jul 26, 2023
IconicR:
I'm iconicR and have never been insensitive to the plight of Nigerians. Better days ahead. I went out yesterday and I cried seeing people walking long distance just for survival. I believe everything will be fine soon.
People are already dieing in the North. Starvation and malnutrition are silent slow killers. But I don't pity these people because it's their choice to vote criminals who lack empathy and wisdom. Give them another chance, they will still vote APC again and again.
Re: Hunger: Arewa Youth Mobilizes For Mass Protests by ObaOfYorubaLand: 8:21am On Jul 26, 2023
We warned them but they wouldn't listen.

Hopelessness has become the second name of Nigerians.

Sadly, its not ending anytime soon.
Re: Hunger: Arewa Youth Mobilizes For Mass Protests by michelz: 8:23am On Jul 26, 2023
Afon*jas should join them too... After all, they are 'one'.
Re: Hunger: Arewa Youth Mobilizes For Mass Protests by Nobody: 8:24am On Jul 26, 2023
iSense247:
People are already dieing in the North. Starvation and malnutrition are silent slow killers. But I don't pity these people because it's their choice to vote criminals who lack empathy and wisdom. Give them another chance, they will still vote APC again and again.
You don't have empathy in you and you are so quick to condemn me at any given opportunity and besides malnutrition and starvation is affecting every region in Nigeria. I'm happy you admitted that they voted APC to win, then I ask where is the stolen mandate claims coming from if the northerners who are major deciders voted APC?
Re: Hunger: Arewa Youth Mobilizes For Mass Protests by AntiTerrorist: 8:26am On Jul 26, 2023
Kukutente23:

Nothing like minimum wage
It's 8k for the poor, 10k for the civil servants
Go and pick which one you belong
Will these even come on time? Remember they will still have to set up committee upon committee for six months before implemention on top 8k that will not reach up to one percent of the population.
Re: Hunger: Arewa Youth Mobilizes For Mass Protests by Godwin4444: 8:31am On Jul 26, 2023
iSense247:
These are the people who wanted to teach Igbos and Peter Obi political lesson of their life. 🐈

Unfortunately many of them will not live to tell their testimony due to artificial hunger and insecurity. Stop voting along religious and tribal lines cow heads won't listen.
u igbos are wishing us bad cos rejected your pandora fraud

2 Likes

Re: Hunger: Arewa Youth Mobilizes For Mass Protests by Saintinoo(m): 8:44am On Jul 26, 2023
Curse777:
cool

A little bit of patience and market forces would stabilize prices

The market middlemen hell bent on fustrating Nigerians with price inflation would soon get tired when volume of purchase decreases

Paying billions through debt for Petrol subsidy is not sustainable

What is market forces and how does market forces stabilize prices. Una go dey speak economic grammer weh una no sabi

4 Likes

Re: Hunger: Arewa Youth Mobilizes For Mass Protests by Curse777: 8:49am On Jul 26, 2023
Saintinoo:

What is market forces and how does market forces stabilize prices. Una go dey speak economic grammer weh una no sabi

If you don't understand such basic economics at your age, o shouldn't even talk to you in the first place

(1) (2) (Reply)

So Peter Obi Is Still Busy Dishing Out Lambas? / Country Reports On Human Rights Practices 2005 (nigeria) / Bored Retired Generals May Try To Come Back.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.