Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,684 members, 7,823,927 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

How should you be Postured for Marriage? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How should you be Postured for Marriage? (956 Views)

12 Ways A Nigerian Mother Reacts When You Are Not Ready For Marriage / I Need A Young, Dark Skinned, Wealthy Igbo man for Marriage. / "Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids To Our Daughters For Marriage" - Nigerian Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: How should you be Postured for Marriage? by PrimadonnaO(f): 8:08am On Aug 06, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So all those who claimed to have been led by him who still ended up in terrible straits, some meeting their end in marriage, what do you say of those? God did not leave them well? undecided

If you, after doing all you have listed in your OP, were to find yourself caught up in a terrible marriage what would you say would say then? undecided

Being led by God doesn't take away personal responsibility in learning and doing the things that make a marriage work.

1 Like

Re: How should you be Postured for Marriage? by PrimadonnaO(f): 8:17am On Aug 06, 2023
crackhaus:

And what if the person/people coming around don't tick all your desires, do you keep waiting for someone who ticks all of it?

I also do not think a 10/10 of written specifications would always be possible. That may only be possible if we could customise human beings.

This is why I encourage that people prayerfully and and carefully write out what they really need and desire in a partner. That way, they'd always have an objective reference point in making a selection.

I for instance have my non-negotiables. Those non-negotiables are things I prioritise above everything else, such that an omission of 1 is a clear sign to not proceed.

That's if the person believes in God. Unbelievers also have successful marriages.

I sincerely no longer have opinions regarding unbelievers. Whatever convictions I have, are as the Word of God stipulates.

As long as the person you chose did not tick 10/10 of your desires, you've settled. Most people settle, and that's not a bad thing either.

For me, settling means a conscious awareness that the person you've chosen doesn't really satisfy your needs/preference but you've decided to go with it anyway.

A person may have always wanted a Toyota for instance, but found a Honda they surprisingly fell in love with. The Honda may not have some of the things a Toyota offers...but the Honda also comes with certain things that the Toyota doesn't offer

Settling is a matter of satisfaction. If the choice truly makes you happy, you haven't settled.

And realistically, how many people tick 10/10 of their partner's desires?
Not forgetting that even if you did find someone who ticked 10/10 of yours, have you ticked 10/10 of theirs?

Na two-way thing na...

Once again, I never spoke to a 10/10
Re: How should you be Postured for Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 2:10pm On Aug 06, 2023
PrimadonnaO:
Being led by God doesn't take away personal responsibility in learning and doing the things that make a marriage work.
So, being led by God does not in fact mean your marriage is not guaranteed to end in divorce then? So what is the point of claiming you are led by God in marriage is chances are your situation will turn out no much different from that of others who didn't pretend to have had God in the equation?. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Information You Need For Your Uk Visa Applications,for Whatever Visa Category. / Who Should Stay? / The Season Of Robbers Is Here Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.