Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,296 members, 7,836,295 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF (14737 Views)

Wale Edun: With Fuel Subsidy Removal, FG Has Ended Borrowing / Subsidy Removal: FG Shocked Over High Food, Transportation Costs / Subsidy Removal: FG Saves ₦‎400 Billion In Four Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF by Godstiger(m): 11:21am On Jul 26, 2023
In other words they have got nothing good to offer,just trial and errors God save us all

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF by sofeo(m): 11:21am On Jul 26, 2023
Alright then.
Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF by princeade86(m): 11:21am On Jul 26, 2023
IconicR:
I don't know how else to pacify Nigerians, I have been assuring them that things will normalize soon but these third position mandate claim people will not even listen. Same subsidy that obi swore to remove immediately he gets in(dreams) . let's be patient and I pray minimum wage be increased soon as planned and private sector sanctioned as well.
but 2012, subsidy was a scam..... Until we stop worshipping these politicians, before this country can be better.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF by Curious345: 11:22am On Jul 26, 2023
Akuko
Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF by Curious345: 11:23am On Jul 26, 2023
Yahoo regime

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF by BoldBrainz(m): 11:24am On Jul 26, 2023
Dotherightthing:

Nigeria's economy will NOT crumble in 6 months confirming that your education was a waste! cheesy

Same economy that is already tilting on the precipice?

See, there is nothing the acting CBN governor or Bola Tinubu can do right now that is going to reduce the dollar rate below 780 naira in the next 2 months. So long as they all keep putting band aids on a wound that has eaten deep into the bones, it will only get worse.

- The Dangote refinery is NOT going to begin production this year and you can bank on that fact.

- Except this government approves licences and speedily facilitates the processes of setting up modular refineries, we're constrained to depending entirely on fuel imports for the rest of this year.

- Unless the government of Bola Tinubu decides to be sincere enough to eliminate Bureau De Change operators from the foreign exchange systems, the dollar is going to continue climbing, no matter what measures they take and how much of our foreign reserves they inject into the market.

- The CBN has to wake up to its responsibilities and strictly bring the hammer down on commercial banks trading foreign currencies with politicians and other elites to the detriment of the general populace.

- Bola Tinubu has to reverse one out of the two heavy policies he initiated within his first week in governance. Preferably, he has to reverse the floating of the currency. If that is done, and commercial banks are policed and disciplined to halt the racketeering of foreign currencies and with the total elimination of BDCs, the naira is going to record a steady rise against the dollar, which will in turn reflect on the prices of fuel and other commodities.

- And ultimately, those steps are going to facilitate direct foreign investments and equally encourage local production. But I very much doubt Tinubu has the political will to do these things cause they'll affect his personal interests and that of his cronies.

So you can be dead certain our economy is heading for gloom!
Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF by lexy2014: 11:26am On Jul 26, 2023
IconicR:
I don't know how else to pacify Nigerians, I have been assuring them that things will normalize soon but these third position mandate claim people will not even listen. Same subsidy that obi swore to remove immediately he gets in(dreams) . let's be patient and I pray minimum wage be increased soon as planned and private sector sanctioned as well.

Who are you to pacify Nigerians?

How will things normalise?

Why are you praying that minimum wage will be increased?

Is it prayer that will make minimum wage to be increased?

When was it planned that minimum wage will be increased?

Are the leaders of Nigeria having the same patience you are asking nigerians to have?

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF by erisegun: 11:28am On Jul 26, 2023
you people think we are daft in these country abi.....same story buhari sold to us and failed woefully. oga no let me vex...just keep quiet
IconicR:
Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF by Beverlyjean(f): 11:29am On Jul 26, 2023
IconicR:

U guys are scammers ...u all said same with Buhari , that he should be given time
Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF by mdshell(m): 11:30am On Jul 26, 2023
Continue to lie through your teeth. When you are done, ask God for forgiveness if not, na Hell you go see yourself

IconicR:
You know nothing about that deceitful man, Aisha and his lawyers are now very rich, they are all buying properties in Abuja. I don't know what on earth will ever make me see him as a messiah, I know him too well more than most people shouting all over social media giving him the underserved hype. That man ruined Anambra to pieces
Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF by kasim155: 11:34am On Jul 26, 2023
IconicR:

Bro, you are part of the problem of this country. For how long will the masses keep sacrificing for this nation. This was the same story PMG was giving then. Things will get better, he is baba go slow etc. mind you anything that goes up in Naija hardly come down. The masses are suffering

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF by GeneralDae: 11:35am On Jul 26, 2023
BoldBrainz:
Shonubi has just removed the rug from under the feet of his employer.

The week Tinubu made the pronouncement of currency liberalisation, he specifically spoke on the unification of exchange rates between the open market and the official FX window. He sounded so cock-screw certain of the terminologies he was reeling out that his minions were applauding with gusto.

Couple of weeks down the line, the disparity in rates between the open market and the FX window is spiralling out of control to the point these clueless people are already dipping hands into the external reserve just to keep up with the FX demands of the market. So, not only are prices of basic necessities blowing through the roof, our reserves have lost over a billion dollars in the space of 2 months.

You cannot seek to put control over the spread or usage of a currency you do not produce, especially in an economy that depends on that very currency. I am not an economist from Chicago University, neither am I in an acting capacity at the CBN, but I have the intelligence to read and study situations and the common sense to acknowledge the truth of a situation.

If the Nigerian economy doesn't crumble in six months, going along this particular trajectory, then I'll know my education was a waste.
You lack understanding on this. Previously we had several official rates ie CBN rate and the I&E window. Now everything official has collapsed into the I&E window.
When it comes to the parallel market, you can only speak of convergence not Unification.
Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF by ehikwe22: 11:35am On Jul 26, 2023
There is an option that's not evil at all - reduce the cost of governance by cutting down the funds given to politicians starting from the national assembly and minister. Stop budgeting billions for feeding of the President and billions for changing of wardrobe and kitchen utensils etc. And stop appointing hundreds of aids that don't have any duty they serve to the country. There are hundreds of ways the cost of governance can be cut without affecting the poor
Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF by Agbogab1995(m): 11:35am On Jul 26, 2023
shocked
Xscape1993:
It is now evidently clear that this evil government has no plan for the masses. They are just after looting and looting...
Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF by reiddecuti: 11:39am On Jul 26, 2023
IconicR:

Things can't normalize except government, from FG to States begins to take up their responsibilities, firstly by fixing the refineries and deliberately move the economy from constipation to production.

If not it, what is going to hit Nigerians in the nearest future, no kinda shock absorber or palliative can withstand it.

Moreover, Nigeria government is just a typical example of a father that abscond from his responsibilities and sees his family suffer.
Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF by Xvvagh7h: 11:40am On Jul 26, 2023
Yoo!! Get paid with Proofs attached!!

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF by TenQ: 11:40am On Jul 26, 2023
dre11:

https://dailytrust.com/subsidy-removal-fg-resisted-pressure-to-print-money-ngf/
I use 3 Full tanks of Petrol in my car per month on the Average (sometimes 4 full tanks).
My car has a 70 Liters tank.

Before I spend 70*N180 * 3 tanks per month = N37,800.00 per month
Now I spend 70*N615 * 3 tanks per month = N 129,150.00 per month

The increment in my monthly consumption now is = N91,350.00 per month

Government want to give me N10,000 per month, Hurray!
Government believe that I should be able to cough out the remaining N81,350.00 per month of fuel expenses per month.
Government forgot that the price of every other price of commodities went up because of the fuel price increase!

How do I balance my income and expenditure now?
Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF by Britishpea: 11:40am On Jul 26, 2023
Anyone who’s liberated enough to see behind their noses and think out of boxes will know that the situation will douse. It could 6 months or even 1 year.

We can’t continue to patch the country. There may be no more country. What you have right now is a result of years of neglect and bad governance which whose coffin was nailed by Buhari’s bad policies.
Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF by BoldBrainz(m): 11:44am On Jul 26, 2023
GeneralDae:

You lack understanding on this. Previously we had several official rates ie CBN rate and the I&E window. Now everything official has collapsed into the I&E window.
When it comes to the parallel market, you can only speak of convergence not Unification.

Go and read Shonubi's press release from his yesterday's meeting, then come back and tell me what I lack understanding about.

As regards certain delicate issues, I do not involve in discussions with people who sling insults instead of proper facts. That I did not elucidate between the CBN and I&E rates in my write-up is because this disparity no longer exists.

But your acting CBN governor says the intended purpose of the policy was not unification, when it was lucidly spelt out that that was the very purpose from the beginning.

Go and read his words to the press.
Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF by GeneralDae: 11:44am On Jul 26, 2023
reiddecuti:

Things can't normalize except government, from FG to States begins to take up their responsibilities, firstly by fixing the refineries and deliberately move the economy from constipation to production.

If not it, what is going to hit Nigerians in the nearest future, no kinda shock absorber or palliative can withstand it.
Who says FG haven't started with all that.
Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 26, 2023
reiddecuti:

Can fixing of the refineries be done within this short period? Let's be realistic please
Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF by GeneralDae: 11:53am On Jul 26, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Go and read Shonubi's press release from his yesterday's meeting, then come back and tell me what I lack understanding about.

As regards certain delicate issues, I do not involve in discussions with people who sling insults instead of proper facts. That I did not elucidate between the CBN and I&E rates in my write-up is because this disparity no longer exists.

But your acting CBN governor says the intended purpose of the policy was not unification, when it was lucidly spelt out that that was the very purpose from the beginning.

Go and read his words to the press.
I don't have to read what I watched live.
He said convergence is the right word and like I explained when it comes to parallel market, convergence is the right word not unification.
Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF by BoldBrainz(m): 11:56am On Jul 26, 2023
GeneralDae:

I don't have to read what I watched live.
He said convergence is the right word and like I explained when it comes to parallel market, convergence is the right word not unification.

Convergence is the right word between the official FX or CBN rate and the open market (Black market).

But where we had different official rates prior to the currency flotation, unification was the word to achieve a common rate. The common rate was supposed to converge and maintain balance with the open market.

Has that been achieved?
Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF by GeneralDae: 11:58am On Jul 26, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Convergence is the right word between the official FX or CBN rate and the open market (Black market).

But where we had different official rates prior to the currency flotation, unification was the word to achieve a common rate. The common rate was supposed to converge and maintain balance with the open market.

Has that been achieved?
That was achieved until the last two weeks. Still too early to judge.
Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF by ajakuai(m): 11:58am On Jul 26, 2023
RIVERS STATE GOVERNMENT TO PRO. OKEY ONUCHUKWU, VC Ignatius Ajuru University of Education PortHarcourt, Rivers State.

The Rivers State government, few weeks ago took a drastic action against the recent employment of the fraudulent and incompetent VC Prof. OKEY ONUCHUKWU to cancel the recruitment.

For record purpose, It was said that the government cancelled the employment for the obvious reasons of;

*indirect selling of slots for 1.5m and 1m respectively by the VC,

*Undue selection of unqualified candidates,

*Disregard and stubbornness to adhere to government required number of employees,

*And 90% of tribal employment of of his Emohua community people, etc.

The Rivers State youths who were qualifed and not connected to the VC were disqualified by him.

Note that OKEY ONUCHUKWU was selected as a political VC who was rejected in Uniport for his incompetent and fraudulent nature.

The good people of Rivers State are hereby calling on the transparent government of Sim to see to the immediate relief of office of the VC Prof. Okey Onuchukwu of Ignatius Ajuru University of Education PortHarcourt before the re-employment process to avoid influencing the yet to be constituted new board.

The concerned people of Rivers State are with the Rivers State government on this action.
Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF by Abemy(m): 11:59am On Jul 26, 2023
Every scam have beneficiaries.

Tueh.
Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF by BoldBrainz(m): 12:02pm On Jul 26, 2023
GeneralDae:

That was achieved until the last two weeks. Still too early to judge.

Brotherly, you just lied.

That balance only lasted for about 10 days after the pronouncement. The black market rate started to race away by about 6 naira on the 11th day, and it's been a consistent widening since then.

I'm not one of these random nairaland users who yap on issues out of sentiments. Even with the injection of dollars into the system from our reserves, the impact has remained subliminal because the currency demand is stupendously higher than the supply and availability.
Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF by BreconHills(m): 12:03pm On Jul 26, 2023
BoldBrainz:

The week Tinubu made the pronouncement of currency liberalisation, he specifically spoke on the unification of exchange rates between the open market and the official FX window. He sounded so cock-screw certain of the terminologies he was reeling out that his minions were applauding with gusto.

Couple of weeks down the line, the disparity in rates between the open market and the FX window is spiralling out of control to the point these clueless people are already dipping hands into the external reserve just to keep up with the FX demands of the market. So, not only are prices of basic necessities blowing through the roof, our reserves have lost over a billion dollars in the space of 2 months.

You cannot seek to put control over the spread or usage of a currency you do not produce, especially in an economy that depends on that very currency. I am not an economist from Chicago University, neither am I in an acting capacity at the CBN, but I have the intelligence to read and study situations and the common sense to acknowledge the truth of a situation.

If the Nigerian economy doesn't crumble in six months, going along this particular trajectory, then I'll know my education was a waste.

They are not trying to hold up the value of the naira. The naira is not a new currency. It has obligations attached to it - which if met will reduce reserves in the short term but allow the domestic currency find its true value and create USD stability.

They are meeting pent up demand that is making it hard for naira to find its right value. About 10 days ago they paid out 500m to holders of Eurobonds. Also you cant be owing international airlines $600m and owing foreign investors unremitted dividends and expect quick and accurate price discovery.

Reserves are nothing in themselves if they dont drive economic activity that leads to growth. This was the mistake that PMB made - worshipping at the altar of national reserves. The monthly drain by way of subsidy has gone and one of the ways of efficiently spending some of that money is to pay down debt that fuels inflation and disincentivizes investment. e.g airline debt.

Your education was a waste, simply that unlike many Nigerians you allow political coloration to skew that knowledge.

Bookmark this conversation. The economy will be in a far better state in 6 months than it has been in the last 10 years.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF by WantsandMore: 12:06pm On Jul 26, 2023
BoldBrainz:

I'll remind you of this in 6 months oh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Emefiele, Deputies Shunned Buhari, Approved Pay Rise – Investigator / Bakare Threatens To Sue AIT Over False Report / Senator Ndume Gave AGF's Number To Boko Haram – SSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.