Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF (14646 Views)

Wale Edun: With Fuel Subsidy Removal, FG Has Ended Borrowing / Subsidy Removal: FG Shocked Over High Food, Transportation Costs / Subsidy Removal: FG Saves ₦‎400 Billion In Four Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF by dre11(m): 9:00am On Jul 26, 2023

Kwara State governor and chairman of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF), AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq, has said the President Bola Ahmed Tinubu-led federal government opted for the fuel subsidy removal as a lesser evil to other policies that were considered to redirect the country’s economy.

Speaking at a stakeholders’ meeting in Ilọrin, the state capital, the governor said the other option considered by the federal government was large-scale currency printing to fund the subsidy regime.

“The (subsidy) policy was the lesser evil open to the federal government. Other options such as printing new currency on a large scale to fund fuel subsidy would crumble the economy and subject the people to greater harm,” AbdulRazaq added.

While urging patience, the governor said they were working with the federal government to ease the temporary pains occasioned by the removal of the subsidy.

“Very soon, things will normalise, and we will be better for it,” he said. He said Tinubu had advised all states to go ahead and look at ways of mitigating the effects of the subsidy removal until the labour and federal government would reach an agreement on the new minimum wage.

“That’s why we rolled out new palliatives which include N10,000 transport allowance for workers. There will be food distribution, among several other interventions.

“The former CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele, had bought a lot of fertilizers and maize which the federal government will now sell to the state governments for onward passage to the public,” AbdulRazaq added. He said the government would concentrate more funding on welfare programmes to keep the economy going and help people to cope, adding that it will “slow down on other things that do not specifically address this need”.

https://dailytrust.com/subsidy-removal-fg-resisted-pressure-to-print-money-ngf/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 26, 2023
I don't know how else to pacify Nigerians, I have been assuring them that things will normalize soon but these third position mandate claim people will not even listen. Same subsidy that obi swore to remove immediately he gets in(dreams) . let's be patient and I pray minimum wage be increased soon as planned and private sector sanctioned as well.

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF by BoldBrainz(m): 9:02am On Jul 26, 2023
Shonubi has just removed the rug from under the feet of his employer.

The week Tinubu made the pronouncement of currency liberalisation, he specifically spoke on the unification of exchange rates between the open market and the official FX window. He sounded so cock-screw certain of the terminologies he was reeling out that his minions were applauding with gusto.

Couple of weeks down the line, the disparity in rates between the open market and the FX window is spiralling out of control to the point these clueless people are already dipping hands into the external reserve just to keep up with the FX demands of the market. So, not only are prices of basic necessities blowing through the roof, our reserves have lost over a billion dollars in the space of 2 months.

You cannot seek to put control over the spread or usage of a currency you do not produce, especially in an economy that depends on that very currency. I am not an economist from Chicago University, neither am I in an acting capacity at the CBN, but I have the intelligence to read and study situations and the common sense to acknowledge the truth of a situation.

If the Nigerian economy doesn't crumble in six months, going along this particular trajectory, then I'll know my education was a waste.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 9:03am On Jul 26, 2023
Yet the national assembly members were given #70b to share while the masses were told to cut cost.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF by helinues: 9:03am On Jul 26, 2023
Let all those who are hoarding the Naira should release it

Na somewhere/ someplaces election money go now

23 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF by Nobody: 9:07am On Jul 26, 2023
helinues:
Let all those who are hoarding the Naira should release it

Na somewhere/ someplaces election money go now
Obi lawyers are buying mansions in Abuja and other things. Emefiele should continue to be in detention, he's the major cause of what Nigeria is currently going through

5 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF by Xscape1993(m): 9:08am On Jul 26, 2023
It is now evidently clear that this evil government has no plan for the masses. They are just after looting and looting...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF by yinkus6750(m): 9:08am On Jul 26, 2023
This government is always concentrating on policies that is impoverishing the masses the more.
Am yet to understand the gains and benefits.
Not looking good at all for the common man.
Higher expenditure , yet low income

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF by SatanKeepOff: 9:09am On Jul 26, 2023
Be scamming ur gullible. Oga there is nothing like Subsidy

3 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF by helinues: 9:10am On Jul 26, 2023
IconicR:
Obi lawyers are buying mansions in Abuja and other things. Emefiele should continue to be in detention, he's the major cause of what Nigeria is currently going through

Obi no dey give shish now , not even the lawyers.

All na free service.

grin cheesy

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF by Nobody: 9:13am On Jul 26, 2023
helinues:

Obi no dey give shish now , not even the lawyers.

All na free service.

grin cheesy
You know nothing about that deceitful man, Aisha and his lawyers are now very rich, they are all buying properties in Abuja. I don't know what on earth will ever make me see him as a messiah, I know him too well more than most people shouting all over social media giving him the underserved hype. That man ruined Anambra to pieces

11 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF by rammiculate: 9:14am On Jul 26, 2023
You sure?

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF by helinues: 9:18am On Jul 26, 2023
IconicR:
You know nothing about that deceitful man, Aisha and his lawyers are now very rich, they are all buying properties in Abuja. I don't know what on earth will ever make me see him as a messiah, I know him too well more than most people shouting all over social media giving him the underserved hype. That man ruined Anambra to pieces

Wrong perception. Even though Peter Obi might not have performed well when he was Anambra state governor but he did wonderful well when he relocated to Pluto and develop the planet.

One can't make inter solar journey and governed well without becoming a saint. Those are the qualities his supporters saw in him. He was sent to come and finish what he started in Anambra state in Nigeria.

26 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF by Dotherightthing: 9:18am On Jul 26, 2023
BoldBrainz:
Shonubi has just removed the rug from under the feet of his employer.

The week Tinubu made the pronouncement of currency liberalisation, he specifically spoke on the unification of exchange rates between the open market and the official FX window. He sounded so cock-screw certain of the terminologies he was reeling out that his minions were applauding with gusto.

Couple of weeks down the line, the disparity in rates between the open market and the FX window is spiralling out of control to the point these clueless people are already dipping hands into the external reserve just to keep up with the FX demands of the market. So, not only are prices of basic necessities blowing through the roof, our reserves have lost over a billion dollars in the space of 2 months.

You cannot seek to put control over the spread or usage of a currency you do not produce, especially in an economy that depends on that very currency. I am not an economist from Chicago University, neither am I in an acting capacity at the CBN, but I have the intelligence to read and study situations and the common sense to acknowledge the truth of a situation.

If the Nigerian economy doesn't crumble in six months, going along this particular trajectory, then I'll know my education was a waste.

Nigeria's economy will NOT crumble in 6 months confirming that your education was a waste! cheesy

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF by Racoon(m): 9:21am On Jul 26, 2023
No be today these so called leaders became chronic liars.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF by Odin13: 9:24am On Jul 26, 2023
Apc and their useless propaganda of it will soon be over ..
Buhari is doing this .. Nigerians must be patient.. they’re putting in measures .. so Nigerians will celebrate.. bla bla bl1.., na so 8 years waka..

Na Yoruba people still wake start to wail.. buhari disappoint Nigerians .. buhari is daft.. buhari is this and that.. old man has retire .. na dem Dey dia now.

Druggie the thief is there..same story now.. same wailing tomorrow..

Only be say this time .. I Dey pity sincerely ..people in ekiti,Ondo, osun Oyo, ogun.. na dia own worst.. Walahi..

Increase in rituals , desertification of Yoruba land .. poverty promax.. acute hunger .. and igbos for those area no get joy.. dem go just the increase stocks as government the increase ..

How this states and humans wan take survive ?

If you’ve been to yorubaland .. this truth is not hidden .. Lagos can survive on owomida and nurtw..

But how far with other Yoruba states ?

Honestly druggie really scammed his people in black and white .. irrigbajii.. how will those in that town survive? With all this..

Yet this people are online daily .. with their little data to curse and abuse on empty stomach..

It’s a shame .. a huge one

Yoruba ronu.. even if na juju.. make e start to clear ..

Druggie has no plan for Nigeria .. will keep saying this..

The worst of north is much better than the best of southwest

We’ve all seen it… sophistication and intellectualism .. na hype .. by propaganda yo lamba other Nigerians..

Work don reach…. Nigerians don see how far..say no be by mouth.

God bless Nigeria

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF by WorldRichest: 9:30am On Jul 26, 2023
Anybody that can’t wait to see the positive results of the policies of the new administration should relocate to other countries. The borders were all reopened for eazy migration.

5 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF by Varunpulyani: 10:18am On Jul 26, 2023
helinues:

Wrong perception. Even though Peter Obi might not have performed well when he was Anambra state governor but he did wonderful well when he relocated to Pluto and develop the planet.

One can't make inter solar journey and governed well without becoming a saint. Those are the qualities his supporters saw in him. He was sent to come and finish what he started in Anambra state in Nigeria.

Look for a Job helinues

7 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF by AndyCole16(m): 10:37am On Jul 26, 2023
This is getting scarier by the day

Guys check my profile to see a New Way to Canada Permanent Residency.
Schedule a free appointment today
Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF by Lanretoye(m): 11:12am On Jul 26, 2023
IconicR:
I don't know how else to pacify Nigerians, I have been assuring them that things will normalize soon but these third position mandate claim people will not even listen. Same subsidy that obi swore to remove immediately he gets in(dreams) . let's be patient and I pray minimum wage be increased soon as planned and private sector sanctioned as well.
enough of these economic patchings,this is the reality we ought to have faced over a decade ago.i just hope the government comes up with palliative to mild the effect .

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF by CodeTemplar: 11:17am On Jul 26, 2023
Lies.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF by CodeTemplar: 11:18am On Jul 26, 2023
helinues:

keep shut.

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF by Blaze14k: 11:18am On Jul 26, 2023
Lol tinubu is clearly buying time, waiting for dangote refinery to work. Clearly our country is leaving on tax nothing more.

Im still wondering how tinubu recovered 400billion in 4 weeks through tax and has spent at least 8 weeks in office. So what was the need of going to borrow for palliative?

6 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF by AbbleGodCo: 11:18am On Jul 26, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
Yet the national assembly members were given #70b to share while the masses were told to cut cost.
pure wickedness

3 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF by tobenuel(m): 11:19am On Jul 26, 2023
It all started when I was born in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF by GanagiBitrus: 11:19am On Jul 26, 2023
Anyone with basic knowledge of Economics knows printing more money will lead to hyperinflation &is never an option.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF by DesChyko: 11:20am On Jul 26, 2023
Stupid Stupid Stupid

How much is the cost of governance in Nigeria? How can you pocket humongous sums 'you don't need' that would go a long way to put measures in place for the average citizens and stand to talk of lesser evil?

It takes a pure heart to guage which evil is lesser or greater; not a polluted greedbag!

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF by princeade86(m): 11:20am On Jul 26, 2023
Pk
Re: Subsidy Removal: FG Resisted Pressure To Print Money – NGF by Akeem79(m): 11:20am On Jul 26, 2023
Kworuption in every angle

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fraudsters Have Cloned My Phone Number - Fashola / No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode / Lagos-ibadan Rail’ll Ready In June – Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.