Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,552 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

New Tires : Death Trap?. - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / New Tires : Death Trap?. (13268 Views)

Registered 2004 Lexus LX 470 With Reverse Camera , New Tires For Sale! / Very Clean Toyota Camry 03 Few Months Registered 08036669132 4 Band New Tires / 2001 Toyota Sienna Le,leather,clean Carfax,new Tires Priced For Quick Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Tires : Death Trap?. by steffans(m): 8:54pm On Dec 30, 2013
try Pirrelle or what its called.. their tires are very strong and good..
cheers
Re: New Tires : Death Trap?. by lexib(m): 11:49pm On Jan 06, 2014
Over 10yrs of driving experience, yet u go buy rubbish n shame gree u open mouth call "igbo boys"... mugu!!! u were punished for ur greed... spend gud moni for gud product... onye ofe mmanu!!!

1 Like

Re: New Tires : Death Trap?. by kenyarttar: 6:03am On Jan 07, 2014
lexi-b:
Over 10yrs of driving experience, yet u go buy rubbish n shame gree u open mouth call "igbo boys"... mugu!!! u were punished for ur greed... spend gud moni for gud product... onye ofe mmanu!!!
This is a tribalistic rant and i think against the Nairaland Rules.

That being said with my first car i used Belgium tyres throughout. Repeated the same thing a week ago as i got my second car kicking with 4 tyres costing just N12k. All pockets are not deep and pros and cons i think my likes will be fine.
Re: New Tires : Death Trap?. by saleskara: 5:59pm On Oct 28, 2014
GT radial is a good tyre. I used the GT radial savero for 2.5 years before replacing them. Then I decided it would be good to help others buy providing access to genuine GT radial tyres via my website http://www.kara.com.ng/brands/GT-RADIAL.html
seal777:
I bought four brand new tires for my Honda 2003 model on recommendation that GT RADIAL is the best i can get for now but i am sad to tell you that i lost two of the tires to bump the same time on my way to Ibadan two weeks ago and also lost one more while within Ibadan town two days ago, i am lost for words to describe this as it has never happened to me before in over 10 years of driving experience and considering the fact that the one i have on the car before now is over 2 years old.

I went back to the guy who sold the tires to me only to be told that it was bad roads and bump that spoil the tires ( 3 brand new tires in 3 weeks).

I am grateful to God i wasn't over speeding when the incidents happened and just here to inform car users to be very careful when buying tires, N44,000 gone down the drain : These IBO GUYS will do anything to make money.

Be warned.
Re: New Tires : Death Trap?. by andywaves(m): 12:01pm On Oct 29, 2014
if you want to buy new tyres look out for the 4 digit number on the inner side of the tyre this show d manufacturing week and year also check for the psi max inflation pressure make sure you buy made in indonesia more expensive but worth it n if u can afford it just but the big brands firestone brigdestone michelin pirelli they last longer lifespan of a tyre is 4 years over or under inflation also affects the fuel economy of your vehicle n lifespan of the tyre
Re: New Tires : Death Trap?. by MontyNG(m): 9:26pm On May 09, 2016
I believe you over inflated your tyres... Nothing more!
Re: New Tires : Death Trap?. by flecho: 1:05pm On Nov 06, 2016
Difference btw Chinese made tires and others etc Europeans is the inflation pressure, Chinese maximum pressure is 40 psi while other 44 and above psi.
Re: New Tires : Death Trap?. by buchilino(m): 1:15pm On Nov 06, 2016
seal777:
I bought four brand new tires for my Honda 2003 model on recommendation that GT RADIAL is the best i can get for now but i am sad to tell you that i lost two of the tires to bump the same time on my way to Ibadan two weeks ago and also lost one more while within Ibadan town two days ago, i am lost for words to describe this as it has never happened to me before in over 10 years of driving experience and considering the fact that the one i have on the car before now is over 2 years old.

I went back to the guy who sold the tires to me only to be told that it was bad roads and bump that spoil the tires ( 3 brand new tires in 3 weeks).

I am grateful to God i wasn't over speeding when the incidents happened and just here to inform car users to be very careful when buying tires, N44,000 gone down the drain : These IBO GUYS will do anything to make money.

Be warned.

AM SURPRISED DAT IT WAS GT DAT CAUSED U SO MUCH PAIN, AM USING INFINITE TYRES ON MY CAR WHICH I BOUGHT EARLY LAST YEAR. N SINCE I HAVEN'T ANY PROBLEM. MY ADVICE, NEXT TIME GO 2 AN AUTHORIZED DEALER WEN BUYING ANOTHER TYRES. SORRY 4 D BAD EXPERIENCE U WENT THROUGH.
Re: New Tires : Death Trap?. by id4sho(m): 11:20pm On Feb 14, 2017
Ikenna351:
You got what you paid for. Why are you complaining and blaming us - the Igbos? You knew about Michelin and Dunlop, yet you went and bought CHAMPIRO GT RADIAL? The problem is not because it was Chinese production, but because the company dont build quality standard tyres, when compared with Michelin, Dunlop and other well known good branded tyres. Where a tyre is produced/manufactured is not the issue. Even if Michelin or Dunlop tyres are produced in China, they still maintain their standard in production.

You went for cheap article and got what you bargained for. Stop pushing blames. I made that mistake once when i replaced my 4 tyres in the past. But now, i know better. MAXXIS tyre is good, though. Spend heavily on tyre to protect your life & the car. I would rather buy a Dunlop produced in China than buy CHAMPIRO GT RADIAL produced in GERMANY.

Ikenna
Pls, I want to buy 4 tyres for my Camry 2002, I want to buy double King or maxxis. Pls which one is better because of my budget.
Thanks in anticipation
Re: New Tires : Death Trap?. by Gramondhigh(m): 12:19am On Feb 15, 2017
DONT MIND THE IDIOT
\
dagboss:
Posted by: seal777 
Insert Quote

I am grateful to God i wasn't over speeding when the incidents happened and just here to inform car users to be very careful when buying tires, N44,000 gone down the drain :
[i]These IBO GUYS will do anything to make money.[/[/i]b]

[b]Be warned

Is that particular brand of tire Igbo made

(1) (2) (Reply)

04 Lexus GX470 @ 3.350m, 012 Hoda Accord @ 3.2m, 03 Toyota Highlander @ 1.9m. / Kia For Sale: Brand New. / Skyewise Group Emerges 2022 'investment/automobile Brand Of The Year'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.