Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,085 members, 7,814,764 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG (44001 Views)

VIS Removes Over 50 Rickety Buses From Lagos Roads (Photos) / Free CNG Buses Purchased By Ebonyi Governor, Nwifuru For Workers And Students / More Pictures Of The New Lagos Buses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by blowjohn(m): 4:04pm On Jul 26, 2023
This cng craze eh.
Gas is a very dangerous matter o.

Besides all these conversions to cng when we shud be repairing our refineries. Are we thinking upside down?

Me I no dey near moto wey dey use cng o.

People r going electric. We are going cng
Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by Curious345: 4:05pm On Jul 26, 2023
I pity ogun state people
Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by Poisonousman: 4:10pm On Jul 26, 2023
Tntsi:
On this conversion to disel therapy, I never knew his excellency Abiodun was this brilliant.
Let it not end on newspaper talk. Let it be in reality. Let it reflect on the people.
The suffering on the masses is too much.
Gas not diesel
Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by tojahh(m): 4:12pm On Jul 26, 2023
Which road them wan pass? Ogun get road?
Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by emmy512: 4:13pm On Jul 26, 2023
I don't know much about cng and vehicles.

So how safe is it.

If it's gas, and it's in a vehicle in a country with roads that have bumps everywhere.

The gas shaking often won't that increase the pressure in the canister?
Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by Atomz(m): 4:14pm On Jul 26, 2023
Olarewaju89:
Good but we lack maintenance culture in this country.

It is a nice development but at the same time hope we are prepared to face the maintenance Culture, the hazards attached to using CNG since it is AGO & PMS we are familiar with

1 Like

Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by mfm04622: 4:15pm On Jul 26, 2023
naptu2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61fe75drcvw

Prince Dr. Dapo Abiodun - MFR, CON @dabiodunMFR

https://twitter.com/dabiodunMFR/status/1684199011861897217

Converting diesel vehicles to CNG is a waste of money! Was the price of diesel affected by subsidy removal?

If it is to buy new CNG buses, no problem. But converting it? Makes no sense to me

1 Like

Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by loganx: 4:18pm On Jul 26, 2023
Noble idea, performance monitoring and maintenance is the bane of our public assets and infrastrutural management conundrum as a nation.
Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by Olarewaju89: 4:19pm On Jul 26, 2023
Atomz:

It is a nice development but at the same time hope we are prepared to face the maintenance Culture, the hazards attached to using CNG since it is AGO & PMS we are familiar with

That's the problem bro
Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by oyeb15: 4:20pm On Jul 26, 2023
His Ekiti counterpart is still visiting here and there.
Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by MOTIONTECH(m): 4:22pm On Jul 26, 2023
jmoore:
How fast does it take to dispense CNG? I heard it takes up to 8 hours.

How many CNG stations are available?
its not up to that, its even faster then dispensing diesel

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by airsaylongcome: 4:23pm On Jul 26, 2023
cliqtips:
Watch how the price of that gas go up like flame in few weeks time...

You cant beat Nigerians to that

Price of CNG going up is not a "Nigerian thing". It's a rational economic behaviour. When demand outstrips supply, prices go up. The price going up is a result of Change in demand (vs change in quantity demanded). Price of petrol has resulted in more demand for a suitable alternative (CNG in this case)
Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by kayusely70(m): 4:30pm On Jul 26, 2023
Tntsi:
On this conversion to disel therapy, I never knew his excellency Abiodun was this brilliant.
Let it not end on newspaper talk. Let it be in reality. Let it reflect on the people.
The suffering on the masses is too much.
You've spoken very well and brightly too! The governor is in the habit of making promises without fulfilling them!

1 Like

Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by stepaside1: 4:32pm On Jul 26, 2023
Why is Gov Abiodun targeting cash palliative only to workers who make up far less than 5% of the population? What happens to the vast number of other citizens?
Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by OkanlawonB(m): 4:33pm On Jul 26, 2023
jmoore:

It doesn't take so long to dispense CNG, denpending on the tank capacity it takes minutes also to fill the tank but takes much longer than filling a liquid fuel. I have used CNG vehicles before in Europe. The big challenge of using CNG vehicles in Nigeria will be the safety factor.
This conversion process being talked about won't be an economical venture because CNG cylinders are very expensive. Costs 10x as much the cylinder for LPG.
Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by NovusHomo(m): 4:36pm On Jul 26, 2023
izubext007:
what is the safety measures

Good question. The answer will come when the buses begin to explode. I pray not, though.
Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by qtx(m): 4:48pm On Jul 26, 2023
naptu2:

where are the roads in ogun state to roll the buses? bad roads everywhere.
Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by BoldBrainz(m): 4:49pm On Jul 26, 2023
jmoore:

8hours to dispense CNG from the station into the vehicle? Where did you hear that from?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by delvzy(m): 4:49pm On Jul 26, 2023
Yes, this may seem like a good alternative but when you consider the state in which most of our vehicles and Nigerian roads are, there's a need for a rethink.
Are there case studies of countries or states that have successfully enrolled on the use of CNG? What are the possible measures put in place in case things go south?
These are some of the questions we need to put out there for an open discussion.
Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by worksmart(m): 4:58pm On Jul 26, 2023
CNG is toxic.
Now I know why it is being pushed all of a sudden.

Tinubu does not mean well for Nigeria!

Compressed natural gas vehicles are not a clean solution for transport
Review of the latest evidence shows high levels of particle emissions
16th of June 2020

Some claim that compressed natural gas (CNG) vehicles are a clean, low-emission technology
and a solution for Europe’s air pollution crisis.

A review of the latest data on particle pollution from CNG cars, vans, buses and trucks dispels these claims and shows the technology emits high levels of toxic pollutants.

The evidence reviewed in this paper shows that:
1. CNG vehicles produce a large number of particles. Particle pollution is linked to a number of serious diseases including cancer, Alzheimer’s and cardiovascular and respirator illnesses .

CNG cars and vans, unlike their diesel and petrol counterparts, are not subject to a particle number emission limit. This is despite Euro CNG cars and vans having been shown to emit a large number of particles; for one van model tested particle number emissions were 50% higher than permitted for diesel or petrol vans .

Heavy duty CNG vehicles are not subject to an on-road particle number limit until 2023 but have been shown to emit up to 3000 billion (3x10) particles per km which is far from negligible and buses also emit a large number of particles.

The highest particle number emissions from CNG vehicles are usually measured during urban driving (i.e. low speeds, cold starts) which
is particularly concerning for air quality in cities and urban areas.

CNG vehicles emit especially large numbers of ultrafine particles as small as 2.5 nm .

These particles could potentially be the most harmful to human health as they have been

https://www.transportenvironment.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/2020_06_TE_CNG_particle_report.pdf
Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by Hallenjay: 5:05pm On Jul 26, 2023
Why not go for petrol vehicle, no wahala sha because diesel too cost small
Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by Mccullum: 5:30pm On Jul 26, 2023
Good of the Governor on this action.
Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by Jonegonu: 5:37pm On Jul 26, 2023
jmoore:

how many hours do you fill your 12.5kg lpg

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by boxypane(m): 5:37pm On Jul 26, 2023
Eleyi One wey no get WAEC result.
Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by ConfidentialDoc: 5:38pm On Jul 26, 2023
jmoore:

Did you say 8 hrs ??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by Naz34(m): 5:38pm On Jul 26, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

It will still not prevent ya all from the renewed shege banza
go and contonue smoking your weed to stupor. Enemy of progresaive Nigeria. You shal wail to infinitum

1 Like

Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by Hassanmaye(m): 5:49pm On Jul 26, 2023
Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by thunderbabs: 5:56pm On Jul 26, 2023
With no necessary infrastructure for a smooth operation, it won't stand the test of time
Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by yahoodetector: 6:05pm On Jul 26, 2023
Curse777:

Oya come and slap me

22 Cmd Road, Ikosi Ketu 105102, Lagos

That's my address

Infact please slap all of us when you get there we all need slap

cheesy

I ran a check on this address and it turned out to be a cemetery undecided
Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by Curse777: 6:06pm On Jul 26, 2023
yahoodetector:

I ran a check on this address and it turned out to be a cemetery undecided

DSS office

1 Like

Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by adebayo987: 6:12pm On Jul 26, 2023
naptu2:

what I love about Nigeria is that we can adapt very quickly to any situation
Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by donfreddie(m): 6:18pm On Jul 26, 2023
naptu2:

The best thing to do, is to find solution for the high cost of living, once everyone diverts to gas, demand for gas will be high, the demand before you know it, the price will not be favorable anymore, , let our so call leader find a away out of this mess, this is no country 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 any more, we were still surviving with subsidy, I don't know about this. Stage we are.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is There Any White Country Nigeria Is Better Than? / Anambra International Cargo and passenger Airport Almost Ready(photos) / Lady Knocked Down By A Hit & Run Driver In Abuja. Do You Know Her? (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.