Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,561 members, 7,827,095 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG (44034 Views)

VIS Removes Over 50 Rickety Buses From Lagos Roads (Photos) / Free CNG Buses Purchased By Ebonyi Governor, Nwifuru For Workers And Students / More Pictures Of The New Lagos Buses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by Taiwo20(m): 6:19pm On Jul 26, 2023
Notwithstanding the rugged material used in making those gas cylinders, I think the cylinders and the compartment where they are housing below the bus should be insulated with rubber
Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by Blackdisciple(m): 6:20pm On Jul 26, 2023
All they think is that it's only transportation that affect the masses in this demonic regime...
Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by NinjaMetahuman: 6:21pm On Jul 26, 2023
blowjohn:
This cng craze eh.
Gas is a very dangerous matter o.

Besides all these conversions to cng when we shud be repairing our refineries. Are we thinking upside down?

Me I no dey near moto wey dey use cng o.

People r going electric. We are going cng
Refinery won't make petrol cheap. If we like build 200milion refineries.

Petrol/crude oil is a global commodity, subjected to global price.

The only thing that can make fuel cheap is to put a form of subsidy on it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by naptu2: 6:24pm On Jul 26, 2023
donfreddie:

The best thing to do, is to find solution for the high cost of living, once everyone diverts to gas, demand for gas will be high, the demand before you know it, the price will not be favorable anymore, , let our so call leader find a away out of this mess, this is no country 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 any more, we were still surviving with subsidy, I don't know about this. Stage we are.

Why must everybody divert to one thing? The best thing is choice and competition. Some people use gas, some people use electricity, some people use petrol, some diesel and some people even use hybrids.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by carl90(m): 6:46pm On Jul 26, 2023
Good !
Other governors should follow suit.
Fuel would definitely be like kerosense in the nearest future in Nigeria.
Who uses kerosense stove to cook his or her food currently?
However,we all remember when we all use kerosene stove back in the days.
Change,they say ,is constant in life.
Let's just master the science and art of adaptation
Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by Onewazobia(m): 7:26pm On Jul 26, 2023
For which road for goodness sake?
Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by seeme2(f): 7:36pm On Jul 26, 2023
South West is looking for quick way forward but the East prefers to grumble. How I wish that Igbo people change from their unproductive ways!

1 Like

Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by ragakaer(m): 7:47pm On Jul 26, 2023
[quote author=naptu2 post=124672524]

HOW FATAL WOULD THEIR ACCIDENTS BE? .

A BIG CONCERN SHOULD BE ITS SAFETY AND SAFETY MEASURES...
ANY PLAN BY GOVERNMENT TO PROFFER QUICK RESPONSE TO ANY FIRE ACCIDENTS FROM CNG BUSES?
Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by Reference(m): 7:47pm On Jul 26, 2023
As someone said, 'how many desperate customers does it take to make a mafiosi cartel'.
The CNG adventure and time will tell.
Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by Pootle: 7:52pm On Jul 26, 2023
when this cng start to dey explode na here we go dey to resolve the matter undecided
Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by Poske95(m): 8:08pm On Jul 26, 2023
... by the way which roads will they ply......?!
Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by soil4soil(m): 8:23pm On Jul 26, 2023
naptu2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61fe75drcvw

Prince Dr. Dapo Abiodun - MFR, CON @dabiodunMFR

https://twitter.com/dabiodunMFR/status/1684199011861897217

All this mouth governor, where are the buses on Ogun State roads, I can not say for Remo area.

Moreover those buses in the picture are the buses bought during the launch of Ogun State BRT program last year.

The only bus plying the road is just one from Adatan to Itoshin in Abeokuta.

Eleyi of Ogun have started again.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by Jollos(m): 8:36pm On Jul 26, 2023
MorataFC:
You need a big slap
Impressive
You have provided the address but it remains your picture, I need it in order not to slap the wrong person when I get to your house.

Hope no be DSS office address be dat
Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by Inosky: 8:58pm On Jul 26, 2023
Very commendable. But Electric EVs are much better and safer
Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by Btruth: 9:07pm On Jul 26, 2023
I think those buses are for those in Abeokuta alone....🤔. I haven't seen any in other towns of Ogun State.

Dapo Abiodun, get your acts together please.
Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by Eagle360(m): 9:34pm On Jul 26, 2023
Buses commissioned by Ameachi since 2022.
Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by blowjohn(m): 9:41pm On Jul 26, 2023
NinjaMetahuman:
Refinery won't make petrol cheap. If we like build 200milion refineries.

Petrol/crude oil is a global commodity, subjected to global price.

The only thing that can make fuel cheap is to put a form of subsidy on it.

I disagree.
Ma greed dey finish us.
Come to abuja and see filling stations taking up space but not selling cos they're busy selling tp pthwr countries.

Why is Ahmed misa selling lower than others?
What about bovas?
How did diesel suddenly rise frm 250 to 1k and now back to less than 800 or so?

Nnpc is monopolistic.
Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by eni070(m): 9:42pm On Jul 26, 2023
Stupid man
Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by XAUBulls: 9:51pm On Jul 26, 2023
naptu2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61fe75drcvw

Prince Dr. Dapo Abiodun - MFR, CON @dabiodunMFR

https://twitter.com/dabiodunMFR/status/1684199011861897217
Way to go!

Prince Dapo Abiodun is an oil and gas business mogul and the owner of Heyden Petroleum which is a major member of MOMAN (Major Oil Marketers Association of Nigeria).

This shift to CNG for use as auto gas would literally drop the cost of transportation of goods and people to even below the pre-subsidy levels.

The auto gas investors had said years back that if petroleum subsidy isn't removed, they would NOT be able to invest in the auto gas value-chain. Now, they are already doing so.

Waiting for the U.S.-educated Engineer, Mr. Adetokunbo Ogundeyin who is the CEO of the internationally certified ProForce Defence Industries, in Ogun State to roll out all his vehicles too using CNG.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by tollyboy5(m): 12:06am On Jul 27, 2023
MorataFC:
Good but why this CNG is not available for public use?
I heard its highly volatile.
Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by Kingabia1998(m): 12:39am On Jul 27, 2023
jmoore:
How fast does it take to dispense CNG? I heard it takes up to 8 hours.

How many CNG stations are available?
No it's not up to 8hours even electric vehicles doesn't take that much.and cng gas is faster when dispensing than charging some electric vehicles even Tesla but for me this is not even close to solving our problem the future is electric all this gas something dey sound for my ear like we are still in 19 century
Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by duduade: 4:33am On Jul 27, 2023
Tntsi:
On this conversion to gas therapy, I never knew his excellency Abiodun was this brilliant.
Let it not end on newspaper talk. Let it be in reality. Let it reflect on the people.
The suffering on the masses is too much.

Which brilliant
Almost all the roads people are complaining about, salary delay in payments and all…
He will do one thing which according to his PR will cover for his incapacity… he buy bus say he convey am to CNG.. everyone are applauding him now o…
Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by MeineMutter: 5:21am On Jul 27, 2023
Don’t believe what you read about Abiodun o. Ogun can package shege.
Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by breezeng: 6:35am On Jul 27, 2023
I hope the bases are not only for major township roads. What about the roads the buses will ply. Elega road is an example. It's terrible.
Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by middlebelter(m): 6:36am On Jul 27, 2023
This is Governor Dapo Abiodun providing leadership in Ogun State in time of critical need. The big question is what is Sanwo-Olu doing in Lagos?
I voted this man and I have no apology to anyone for voting Sanwo-Olu but he has to wake up. Why is he not talking about converting the BRT buses to CNG powered buses? Why is the wildly celebrated bmlue rail train not available in times like this? Didn't it occur to him that this is an opportunity to score huge political point by making it very easy for people to move around? Isn't it a way of support for PBAT at the centre when subsidy has just been removed and people are languishing in poverty and pain?
It is in difficult time we know good friends. and it is also in difficult times we know good governance/governors.
Almost all the inner town roads are in very appalling states, go to Anthony, Ikosi Ketu or Ikorodu etc the LGA have stopped working! Transportation is a nightmare, bad roads, not vehicle high cost of transportation.
Please speak out Gov Babajide Sanwo-Olu!
Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by naptu2: 6:52am On Jul 27, 2023
middlebelter:
This is Governor Dapo Abiodun providing leadership in Ogun State in time of critical need. The big question is what is San-Olu doing in Lagos?
I voted this man and I have no apology to anyone for voting San-Olu but he has to wake up. Why is he not talking about converting the BRT buses to CNG powered buses? Why is th wildly celebrated Blue rail train not available in times like this? Didn't it occur to him that this is an opportunity to score huge political point by making it very easy for people to move around? Isn't it a way of support PBAT at the centre when subsidy has just been removed and people are languishing in poverty and pain?
It is in difficult time we know good friend and it is also in difficult times we know good governance/governors.
Almost all the inner town roads are in very appalling states, go to Anthony, Ikosi Ketu or Ikorodu etc the LGA have stopped working! Transportation is a nightmare, bad roads, not vehicle high cost of transportation.
Please speak out Gov Babajide Sanwo-Olu!

All You Need To Know About The Lagos Electric BRT (Photos And Videos)
https://www.nairaland.com/7721928/all-need-know-lagos-electric
Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by Oladenis(m): 8:23am On Jul 27, 2023
Nah Abeokuta nd Ìjẹ̀bú them do all this shit. He no go reach the local government they are generating money like Ado Odo ota. No good infrastructure here.
Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by tishbite42: 8:30am On Jul 27, 2023
seeme2:
South West is looking for quick way forward but the East prefers to grumble. How I wish that Igbo people change from their unproductive ways!
'Igbos are unproductive'
Coming from a Yoruba man!
Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by mignone(f): 9:07am On Jul 27, 2023
Curse777:
cool

Dapo abiodun is impressive with his second term

Makinde should also fire up and level up

D'u live/work in Ogun state? Anyway, i do but I'm afraid it's all audio.
Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by Tundex911: 10:53am On Jul 27, 2023
Hope the negative effect is taking into consideration?
Re: Ogun Converts Public Buses From Diesel To CNG by orjibra1: 12:02pm On Jul 27, 2023
grin
Curse777:

Oya come and slap me

22 Cmd Road, Ikosi Ketu 105102, Lagos

That's my address

Infact please slap all of us when you get there we all need slap

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2 Jets Stolen At Lagos Airport: Nigerians React / Five Longest Rivers In Africa (Facts And Pictures) / Accident Along Benin/owo Express Way In Ondo State(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.