Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,540 members, 7,812,683 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

Is The Manager Conniving With The Security To Work Against Me? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is The Manager Conniving With The Security To Work Against Me? (12195 Views)

My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money / Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria In 2018 - Jobberman / Best Banks To Work In Nigeria: List Of Highest Paying Banks - FinancialWatchNgr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Manager Conniving With The Security To Work Against Me? by Bfly: 3:43pm On Aug 01, 2023
You like them for being psychologically smart, fearless and manipulative. Also they have muscle and can beat you. That confession is enough to shift your frame and kill your confidence.
Someone suggested, you make the manager statement official. I think it is enough to save your balls. But they won't stop disrespecting you.

Remember that, you are the Boss in that storeroom.
Re: Is The Manager Conniving With The Security To Work Against Me? by paymentvoucher: 3:46pm On Aug 01, 2023
You will explain tire.....
OBIDIENTNAIJA:
Hmm.
Nothing much to say other than the idiot that stole our mandate should return it for peace to reign. All these court cases don tire person.
Re: Is The Manager Conniving With The Security To Work Against Me? by Dimaya: 3:46pm On Aug 01, 2023
OP, you need an action plan. You're not among friends. Contrary to your beliefs, no one's out to get you. Everyone's just watching out for themselves

Listen to this: How to handle close betrayals like a BOSS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWqppErCr60

Prepare yourself, formulate an action plan. You can thank me later
Re: Is The Manager Conniving With The Security To Work Against Me? by Bennysam: 3:52pm On Aug 01, 2023
Onpoint1010:
I worked with two guys and 3 girls as their security chief in a fast food restaurant as contract staffs. The guys were something else but I managed them although we had back and forth arguments because they were trying to disobey my directives.

As time went by, the then manager told me about a vacant position, "Store Manager" and helped me to apply. Unfortunately, he was transferred before I was fully employed so, he handed me over to the new manager and assistant manager.

I was employed and was happy. Those two boys then began to conspired against me, they are psychologically smart and to an extend fearless and manipulative, I like them for that.

Just of recent, they began working against me with the manager, they stopped helping me to offload goods to the store and so, I decided to stop them from entering the store to charge their phones. But they boldly told me that I can't stop them and if I do, they will beat me. They have muscle more than I do. I knew they can beat me but I decided that I won't back down.

Yesterday, I stopped the now security chief from entering the store but the manager told me to allow them. This is the same manager that supported me initially to stop anyone I want from entering the store house and to lock it each time I want to go out.

Right now, I don't know what to do, I feel like the manager is trying to make me powerless in the office.

I want to know, does the manager have the right to ask the guards to keep entering the store room or I should continue to resist them?

Any store man or woman who has had similar experience, how did you overcome it.
If you keep allowing them , they will Set you up , just make your manager see reasons why you should stop them
Re: Is The Manager Conniving With The Security To Work Against Me? by campbelljosh(m): 3:53pm On Aug 01, 2023
It is easier to employ an outsider to boss over employees than to uplift someone from the list of employees to boss over his or her colleagues. First, hatred and jealousy must set in. I was in your shoes! There is something called work politics, don't get too close and don't be too harsh but always uphold the company standard, if there is any.
Re: Is The Manager Conniving With The Security To Work Against Me? by WantsandMore: 3:54pm On Aug 01, 2023
As he be now buy those cheap cctv camera with built-in batteries install for your store, then acts as if it's nothing, incase them set you up, you go get proof defend yourself. You may not have money, but your reputation must not be stained; protect it with your life. Learn office politics too
Re: Is The Manager Conniving With The Security To Work Against Me? by FreeStuffsNG: 3:55pm On Aug 01, 2023
Onpoint1010:
I worked with two guys and 3 girls as their security chief in a fast food restaurant as contract staffs. The guys were something else but I managed them although we had back and forth arguments because they were trying to disobey my directives.

As time went by, the then manager told me about a vacant position, "Store Manager" and helped me to apply. Unfortunately, he was transferred before I was fully employed so, he handed me over to the new manager and assistant manager.

I was employed and was happy. Those two boys then began to conspired against me, they are psychologically smart and to an extend fearless and manipulative, I like them for that.

Just of recent, they began working against me with the manager, they stopped helping me to offload goods to the store and so, I decided to stop them from entering the store to charge their phones. But they boldly told me that I can't stop them and if I do, they will beat me. They have muscle more than I do. I knew they can beat me but I decided that I won't back down.

Yesterday, I stopped the now security chief from entering the store but the manager told me to allow them. This is the same manager that supported me initially to stop anyone I want from entering the store house and to lock it each time I want to go out.

Right now, I don't know what to do, I feel like the manager is trying to make me powerless in the office.

I want to know, does the manager have the right to ask the guards to keep entering the store room or I should continue to resist them?

You are overthinking it.

Next time, just politely request your manager to give you the directive in writing then paste a photocopy of the memo in front of the store room entrance. When they want to enter, refer them to the notice and if they insist, ask them to sign in and sign out on a register you use to keep a record of those officials with unauthorised entry. If they don't fill or resist to fill your register, enter their details and the event as intervention report in the register and keep the record very well. Someday, that small book will save you from a lot of problems. Check my signature for free stuffs!

Re: Is The Manager Conniving With The Security To Work Against Me? by djbussy(m): 3:56pm On Aug 01, 2023
Abandon your charging phone around them while you leave your phone on recording. Come back hours later to pick up your phone and listen to there conversation later. You will find some interesting secrets to report them to the security company that posted them to where you work . They will be deploy them to another company . Get some security gadgets to nail there ass . It's a wild world , play smart .
Re: Is The Manager Conniving With The Security To Work Against Me? by Myer(m): 4:03pm On Aug 01, 2023
Onpoint1010:

Did you get an employment letter?
Know your job description.
Know your authorization.
Know the purview of your jurisdiction.
Know your subordinates.

If you're not clear about it, ask to see the Manager ro Know your clarify. That's when you can Know how to handle the guys. Cos if you don't have authority over them, you will be crossing your boundary and can be blamed even for doing the seemingly right thing.
Re: Is The Manager Conniving With The Security To Work Against Me? by KENAJ(m): 4:03pm On Aug 01, 2023
Onpoint1010:

Use your sense store no be your permanent place they can change you any day. Improve your interpersonal skills charging phone no be crime so long as nothing gets missing. You're good
Re: Is The Manager Conniving With The Security To Work Against Me? by BarrElChapo(m): 4:03pm On Aug 01, 2023
DevilishMan:
If there's no camera in the room, move some sensitive items and raise a theft alarm.

Trust me, the first suspects will be those who have no business being there plus you will bring the incompetency of the security staff on full display.

Now, we are not just talking about them leaving the room but leaving the company totally.

Never give your foes room to recover and retaliate.

Let this wise counsel prevail 😅
Re: Is The Manager Conniving With The Security To Work Against Me? by Ikpunnegi01: 4:05pm On Aug 01, 2023
I am not after the Boss you want to claim against them I am after things getting missing in the store house and they will label you as a thief and from there "you're gone. " So, you got to reason well with the Manager on time..
Re: Is The Manager Conniving With The Security To Work Against Me? by Jeftliu: 4:08pm On Aug 01, 2023
Onpoint1010:

In a good organisation you must work together they are there to secure the properties of the company including the store you're bragging about you don't have right to take anything out of the store without their knowledge and Vice versa, you don't have power to stop security from entering the store room in advance country they will sack you with immediate effect
Re: Is The Manager Conniving With The Security To Work Against Me? by lomprico(m): 4:09pm On Aug 01, 2023
Onpoint1010:

Your sack is neigh!
They will steal something from the store and you will bear the fault, thus expiditing your sack! smiley
Because, manager go wash hand comot.
Re: Is The Manager Conniving With The Security To Work Against Me? by Majesty7: 4:14pm On Aug 01, 2023
OBIDIENTNAIJA:
Hmm.
Nothing much to say other than the idiot that stole our mandate should return it for peace to reign. All these court cases don tire person.

It seems you and your guy are cut from different cloth. Your guy never said he has any mandate not to talk of it being stolen while you are saying his mandate was stolen. May God heal both of you
Re: Is The Manager Conniving With The Security To Work Against Me? by chukkystar(m): 4:25pm On Aug 01, 2023
Company no be Ur own, do Ur work leave the rest. Have evidence that U tried to stop them from entering the store. The day anything miss in the store U make sure You inform management about Ur previous challenges with evidence. Don't use Ur office to fight them cos they didn't help U offload. If U disarm them by showing them U are above them they won't fight U. Allow them be free around You and stop being too confrontational it's a sign of low self esteem.
Re: Is The Manager Conniving With The Security To Work Against Me? by deavicky(m): 4:28pm On Aug 01, 2023
Onpoint1010:

first u are fighting a wrong course.
In ur place of work, power shouldn't be ur problem. Respect too should also be less of ur worries.
Being a manager does not mean people should Respect and fear u. You simply just have a role to play in the organisation which as well as the person you consider as the list person. u cannot do their job and ur own so everyone u see in an organisation should not be seen as less.
If u understand this, ur problem will be half solved.
Unloading goods is not the work of the security. I'm happy u used the word "Help" meaning u understand it is not their job. Secondly it is very possible that their supervisor is the one that had asked them to stop doing the loading and Unloading job.
Stopping them or taking permission from ur manager to stop them from charging their phone was just a childish idea you should have used that strength to tell ur manager to assign someone to help u with the load. That is if the loads are more than what u can carry.
Also look at it from another angle if those guys are not working with u and see them on the way will expect them to Respect you?.
I think you really need that beating.
Even Nigeria police no dey respect their oga let alone you, a nobody.
Re: Is The Manager Conniving With The Security To Work Against Me? by Ndleabilli: 4:30pm On Aug 01, 2023
MatrixReloaded:
Pray and be diligent with your works. Don't allow little boys intimidate you. In all keep your head up

Remover that your first word, pray? For what? Stop been a slave
Re: Is The Manager Conniving With The Security To Work Against Me? by sparko1(m): 4:34pm On Aug 01, 2023
Onpoint1010:

This is what you need.

To handle the security guards is simple, get a big note book, tell them to sign in and sign out everytime they enter, subject them to search when ever they are leaving, people like that hate to follow instructions.

For the manager, request for cctv for the store and a monitoring station, tell him since everyone can enter, you need to be able to monitor them. That way, if anything happens you will have prove he gave the order to allow anyone in.
Re: Is The Manager Conniving With The Security To Work Against Me? by opera1(m): 4:37pm On Aug 01, 2023
You didn't state your own aspect of the issues. You seems not to be accommodative. Everyone is very important as you do in any organization because no one can do it all.
Respect they said is a reciprocal.

If you you fail to respect, accommodate and love them, this may lead to low output and can eventually put your job at risk.
Re: Is The Manager Conniving With The Security To Work Against Me? by frog12: 4:58pm On Aug 01, 2023
na so oo. something bad go happen and dem go blame you. either one of those guys want to be promoted to your manager position, so they are trying rubbish your authority. and your manager plays along. play the cat and mouse game as well.

lomprico:

Your sack is neigh!
They will steal something from the store and you will bear the fault, thus expiditing your sack! smiley
Because, manager go wash hand comot.
Re: Is The Manager Conniving With The Security To Work Against Me? by phemmyfour: 5:06pm On Aug 01, 2023
Onpoint1010:

Provide charging port for them outside the store room. How much is extension box again?
Re: Is The Manager Conniving With The Security To Work Against Me? by adegunahmed(m): 5:24pm On Aug 01, 2023
The problem is that you don't know the power and autonomy you have as a store manager.
I once worked in that capacity in a fast food too in Lagos.

As the Store Manager your direct Line manager is the HOF (Head of Finance). Report your manager and security straight up....

Dem no born anybody to enter my store to charge. Entering the store is like entering the vault of a bank. In Fact, if you need anything from the store, I have an open window from 9am to 11am and 3pm to 4pm to requisite for any material, and if that window closes, you are on your own, If not; they can wake you by 3am because of a cube of Maggi.

However, as you establish your jurisdiction, do so with wisdom, you can't do the job alone and can't watch your back all the time. They can put you in debt that in 2years, you will still be struggling to offset.
Re: Is The Manager Conniving With The Security To Work Against Me? by MatrixReloaded: 5:26pm On Aug 01, 2023
Ndleabilli:

Remover that your first word, pray? For what? Stop been a slave
Pray for your soul
Re: Is The Manager Conniving With The Security To Work Against Me? by Abifarin16: 5:29pm On Aug 01, 2023
Onpoint1010:

Win them over in any right way know how. Because you Dan change office now no mean say you begin do anyhow. Bring them close to you but not too close no need for bad blood. Be nice to them if them no gree learn someone will come after you to teach them a lesson. They could be of assistance to you one day. This world's small place
Re: Is The Manager Conniving With The Security To Work Against Me? by eventainment(m): 5:32pm On Aug 01, 2023
Onpoint1010:

Read 48 laws of power. You are making a huge mistake. But in what I see here you too get for hand.
I always believe that Newton's third law of motion. You might have stirred the waters initially and you are complaining of the large waves that's the stirring has caused. I barely have enemies in any place because I de use sense the follow people ; everybody has different ways you approach them. These guys aren't manipulative like you think you no just know their pin code. Maybe as you get store manager work you come de form, Oga Titus, and maybe you were commanding them to offload for you instead of asking them politely as though it's a favour. Now they are talking behind your back that you too de show your self. The new manager flows with the guys hence they have a good relationship. As for the charging: force doesn't solve problems rather reasoning does. If there is a way for both parties to be happy at that then look for it because before they stopped helping you to offload, their charging in the store wasn't a problem but because they stopped you want to use your office to revenge.
Re: Is The Manager Conniving With The Security To Work Against Me? by lonelydora: 5:48pm On Aug 01, 2023
Onpoint1010:

Do you have powers to query or sack?

This is why it's good to set boundaries on time in any new environment you find yourself. If you can't control your subordinates and have them do your bidding, you have failed as a manager.

I believe you were too weak initially, now see finish don enter.

Get them the fvck under your control.
Re: Is The Manager Conniving With The Security To Work Against Me? by Dadatao1998: 6:30pm On Aug 01, 2023
Mom007:
File it as an official report/complaint now to anyone who is in a higher management position than that your so called manager in order to avoid stories that touch later. If something goes missing from the store tomorrow, who do you blame? Don't enter cell for something that you are not involved in as those guys can frame you with theft allegations. Make video and audio evidence of all of them coming in and out of that store and save for a rainy day.
And save for a rainy day which means he should be getting prepared to leave the place
Re: Is The Manager Conniving With The Security To Work Against Me? by CalmElder(m): 7:14pm On Aug 01, 2023
Pretend that something is missing from the store, make a lot of fuss. Don't accuse them but be looking into their eyes straight any time you see them.
They will stop coming so as to avoid wahala.
Re: Is The Manager Conniving With The Security To Work Against Me? by conscienceman4(m): 7:29pm On Aug 01, 2023
You're in danger and your job is in danger if you don't stop them from entering the store.
1. If the manager insists on them entering the store, create a log book where anyone that enters sign in and signs out after a thorough scrutiny. They must sign with dates, time of entry and exit.
2. You may be set up and sent to prison for a crime you know nothing about. So, let the manager make their entry official before the owners of the company and such should be communicated to anyone concerned
Re: Is The Manager Conniving With The Security To Work Against Me? by abobote: 8:10pm On Aug 01, 2023
Make peace with them and work with peace of mind

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

AIG- BSG 2021/2022 Scholarship Application Test / A Degree At National Open University ,after Hnd / Project Management Professional (PMP) Lectures Will Be Going On Here...join Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.