Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,330 members, 7,829,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

Is The Manager Conniving With The Security To Work Against Me? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is The Manager Conniving With The Security To Work Against Me? (12221 Views)

My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money / Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria In 2018 - Jobberman / Best Banks To Work In Nigeria: List Of Highest Paying Banks - FinancialWatchNgr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Manager Conniving With The Security To Work Against Me? by Jesusboy2020: 8:31pm On Aug 01, 2023
Draft a document which indicates the manager authorised access for those two and plead with the manager to sign it to show he approved this. This should likely solve the problem if you believe they're a threat to the safe keeping of goods in that warehouse.
Re: Is The Manager Conniving With The Security To Work Against Me? by Okhuadams(m): 9:16pm On Aug 01, 2023
Onpoint1010:
I worked with two guys and 3 girls as their security chief in a fast food restaurant as contract staffs. The guys were something else but I managed them although we had back and forth arguments because they were trying to disobey my directives.

As time went by, the then manager told me about a vacant position, "Store Manager" and helped me to apply. Unfortunately, he was transferred before I was fully employed so, he handed me over to the new manager and assistant manager.

I was employed and was happy. Those two boys then began to conspired against me, they are psychologically smart and to an extend fearless and manipulative, I like them for that.

Just of recent, they began working against me with the manager, they stopped helping me to offload goods to the store and so, I decided to stop them from entering the store to charge their phones. But they boldly told me that I can't stop them and if I do, they will beat me. They have muscle more than I do. I knew they can beat me but I decided that I won't back down.

Yesterday, I stopped the now security chief from entering the store but the manager told me to allow them. This is the same manager that supported me initially to stop anyone I want from entering the store house and to lock it each time I want to go out.

Right now, I don't know what to do, I feel like the manager is trying to make me powerless in the office.

I want to know, does the manager have the right to ask the guards to keep entering the store room or I should continue to resist them?

Any store man or woman who has had similar experience, how did you overcome it.
my own be say if anything loss for, the, store house, na you dem go hold so use ur brain not ur, sense. The manager is not management na employee like you
Re: Is The Manager Conniving With The Security To Work Against Me? by Noviagro(m): 9:58pm On Aug 01, 2023
Onpoint1010:
I worked with two guys and 3 girls as their security chief in a fast food restaurant as contract staffs. The guys were something else but I managed them although we had back and forth arguments because they were trying to disobey my directives.

As time went by, the then manager told me about a vacant position, "Store Manager" and helped me to apply. Unfortunately, he was transferred before I was fully employed so, he handed me over to the new manager and assistant manager.

I was employed and was happy. Those two boys then began to conspired against me, they are psychologically smart and to an extend fearless and manipulative, I like them for that.

Just of recent, they began working against me with the manager, they stopped helping me to offload goods to the store and so, I decided to stop them from entering the store to charge their phones. But they boldly told me that I can't stop them and if I do, they will beat me. They have muscle more than I do. I knew they can beat me but I decided that I won't back down.

Yesterday, I stopped the now security chief from entering the store but the manager told me to allow them. This is the same manager that supported me initially to stop anyone I want from entering the store house and to lock it each time I want to go out.

Right now, I don't know what to do, I feel like the manager is trying to make me powerless in the office.

I want to know, does the manager have the right to ask the guards to keep entering the store room or I should continue to resist them?

Try and hold a robust and heart to heart talk with the manager concerning the matter,I believe he should be able to understand and resolve the case amicably.
Re: Is The Manager Conniving With The Security To Work Against Me? by OpulentP: 11:11pm On Aug 01, 2023
Re: Is The Manager Conniving With The Security To Work Against Me? by stevups(m): 7:45am On Aug 02, 2023
You are an arrogant person
Re: Is The Manager Conniving With The Security To Work Against Me? by Kinkinatus(m): 8:55am On Aug 02, 2023
Third party mediation would help all parties.
Re: Is The Manager Conniving With The Security To Work Against Me? by kogevaw720: 11:54pm On Aug 02, 2023
Onpoint1010:

All I can say is always regular take inventory of what u have in stock before and after anyone of them enters or leave the store.

Then u can always (if u av a work system or smartphone) send the details of your stock to the manager as soon as they leave the store.

This will help u against unnoticed theft and it will save you from their plans as u would have evidence of what u have in stock been relayed to the manager.

You could even copy the proprietor of the place when send the summary of the stock with comment on the happenings at the store.

#peace
Re: Is The Manager Conniving With The Security To Work Against Me? by Onpoint1010: 2:27pm On Aug 21, 2023
oyeb15:
People like u end up with sack and serious beating. I remember working in a fast food in Lagos, when we run out of some stock,our store keeper will call Oregun for supply , those ones may delay for 24hours but d manager will quickly go and buy them with his money to meet up waiting demand. At d end he knows how he balance d books and we make huge profit monthly.
Store keeper that u take important has duty of
assisting Cutter ( slice tomatoes,wash plates,do salad, dice onions, dice carrot and offload waste in d evening).It's isn't a sitting down watching stock as lazily some people applies.Hes only busy time is when they bring stock and d closing of d day. Stock might not even come in on daily bases.
Every body enter store anyhow ( mis reps, baker, cash point etc )since security will search everyone before exit.

My advise----- the store and d cash point are d heart of fast food restaurant. Sales and Stock.

Cooperate with your manager.

Why would I be beaten?

I go out to buy goods when we are out of stocks. I even travel to a different LGA to buy stocks as well as helping in the kitchen. In fact, I am learning how to bake too.

Kinkinatus:
Third party mediation would help all parties.

Not really against it if they just come in spy and leave. But frequenting in the store is a no no. If charging of phone, they can easily do that in the lobby.

stevups:
You are an arrogant person

Why did you say so?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Join Nigerian Institute Of Public Relations, NIPR / Self-Employment vs Oil Company Job: Which is Better? / Ever Heard Of Roleplay Careers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.