Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

My Experience An Ungrateful Fellow - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience An Ungrateful Fellow (721 Views)

Nigerian Man In France Calls The Police On His Fellow Nigerian (pics/video) / Nigerian Lady Residing In Canada Berates Fellow Nigerians (Video) / A Fellow Passenger Did This Inside A Taxi. Who Is Right? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience An Ungrateful Fellow by Deeprooted: 10:16am On Jul 27, 2023
Don't know if this is the right section for this but please pardon my ignorance.

This morning, a young man whose car was parked closed to mine, was in a hurry while bringing out his phone from his pocket to answer a call, in the process 3 bills of 100 dollars slipped out of his pocket.

Without his knowledge, I picked up the money and tapped him from behind and handed it to him and this young man could not even say "Thank you" .

I didn't do it to be appreciated but it's only right to appreciate people.

Please let's not miss every opportunity to appreciate good gestures
Re: My Experience An Ungrateful Fellow by Taylor90: 10:18am On Jul 27, 2023
angry
Re: My Experience An Ungrateful Fellow by Nobody: 10:21am On Jul 27, 2023
He's a smoker, don't let his actions bother you, keep being good, the reward will surely come to you.

1 Like

Re: My Experience An Ungrateful Fellow by youngsahito(m): 10:21am On Jul 27, 2023
It might be because he is in a hurry and not probably notice the value of what almost slip out of his pocket. No vex brother...

1 Like

Re: My Experience An Ungrateful Fellow by Deeprooted: 10:24am On Jul 27, 2023
IconicR:
He's a smoker, don't let his actions bother you, keep being good, the reward will surely come to you.

Thanks so much

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience An Ungrateful Fellow by Deeprooted: 10:25am On Jul 27, 2023
youngsahito:
It might be because he is in a hurry and not probably notice the value of what almost slip out of his pocket. No vex brother...

I no vex ooo
Re: My Experience An Ungrateful Fellow by thesicilian: 10:49am On Jul 27, 2023
Deeprooted:
Don't know if this is the right section for this but please pardon my ignorance.

This morning, a young man whose car was parked closed to mine, was in a hurry while bringing out his phone from his pocket to answer a call, in the process 3 bills of 100 dollars slipped out of his pocket.

Without his knowledge, I picked up the money and tapped him from behind and handed it to him and this young man could not even say "Thank you" .

So you came to create a thread about it
Re: My Experience An Ungrateful Fellow by Deeprooted: 11:09am On Jul 27, 2023
thesicilian:

Yes of course!

Let's learn to appreciate people!
Re: My Experience An Ungrateful Fellow by Ogundex(m): 11:12am On Jul 27, 2023
thesicilian:

Why won't she/he?

Some peeps here would rather pocket the money.

Op do not be disappointed. God will reward you in due time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience An Ungrateful Fellow by thesicilian: 12:08pm On Jul 27, 2023
Deeprooted:

Yes of course!

Let's learn to appreciate people!

Ogundex:

Why won't she/he?

Some peeps here would rather pocket the money.

Op do not be disappointed. God will reward you in due time
I understand the sad reality that the morality of humans has become so skewed that it is now so difficult to tell black from white, but let's not forget that at the end of the day, one very important fact remains: that money belongs to the man. No one is doubting the fact that you could have taken the money and not get caught, or the man himself could have lost it there on the ground, but still it's his money and doesn't deserve to be vilified simply because you decided to do what any normal, right thinking human should do in similar situations and he for reasons best known to him did not reward you (in cash, kind or words) for it

1 Like

Re: My Experience An Ungrateful Fellow by Deeprooted: 12:23pm On Jul 27, 2023
thesicilian:

I understand the sad reality that the morality of humans has become so skewed that it is now so difficult to tell black from white, but let's not forget that at the end of the day, one very important fact remains: that money belongs to the man. No one is doubting the fact that you could have taken the money and not get caught, or the man himself could have lost it there on the ground, but still it's his money and doesn't deserve to be vilified simply because you decided to do what any normal, right thinking human should do in similar situations and he for reasons best known to him did not reward you (in cash, kind or words) for it

I spot entitlement mentality
Re: My Experience An Ungrateful Fellow by Ogundex(m): 12:51pm On Jul 27, 2023
thesicilian:

You made no sense.

When you lost a property and another person helps you to find it, the least you can do is say thank you.

The op was not looking for compensation and did not state so.

What the owner did is wrong and should be condemned by all. No excuses!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience An Ungrateful Fellow by Deeprooted: 2:24pm On Jul 27, 2023
Ogundex:

You made no sense.

When you lost a property and another person helps you to find it, the least you can do is say thank you.

Thanks for this

1 Like

Re: My Experience An Ungrateful Fellow by thesicilian: 2:29pm On Jul 27, 2023
Ogundex:

You made no sense.

Birds of a feather...
He was clearly looking for compensation else it would not have pained him so much as to bring it online. You guys should learn to call a spade a spade, that's if you still know what that means.
The money is not yours in the first place so why so much ado? I'm sure it's people like you that carry cameras to orphanage homes.

Wasn't looking for compensation my foot! If he had the ability to go back in time that guy will clearly not give the owner his money
Re: My Experience An Ungrateful Fellow by Ogundex(m): 2:45pm On Jul 27, 2023
thesicilian:

Birds of a feather...
He was clearly looking for compensation else it would not have pained him so much as to bring it online. You guys should learn to call a spade a spade, that's if you still know what that means.
The money is not yours in the first place so why so much ado? I'm sure it's people like you that carry cameras to orphanage homes.

Wasn't looking for compensation my foot! If he had the ability to go back in time that guy will clearly not give the owner his money

Birds of a feather indeed.

You don't know me nor the poster so how can you say that?

Common thank you would suffix.

Lets learn to call a spade a spade, THE OWNER IS AN INGRATE!

You can take that to the bank!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience An Ungrateful Fellow by Deeprooted: 11:24pm On Jul 27, 2023
thesicilian:

Birds of a feather...

Me looking for compensation?
Funny you
Re: My Experience An Ungrateful Fellow by Rapfrick(m): 2:48am On Feb 08
Deeprooted I ve been trying to reach you for days now, please reach out to me 09068226167
Deeprooted:

(1) (Reply)

Ghanaians,help Needed! / World Most Delayed Airports / Travel Abroad And Enjoy Over (32,000) Discount Offer With Unesco

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.