Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,643 members, 7,823,827 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 (74133 Views)

Nigeria Vs Australia : FIFA Women World Cup (3 - 2) On 27th July 2023 / AFCON 2021: Rep Of Guinea Vs Malawi (1 - 0) On 10th January 2022 / Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by Kukutente23: 9:41pm On Jul 28, 2023
God bless the girls for giving us succour in this shege times brought by APC zomboids

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by obaidan: 9:42pm On Jul 28, 2023
we go kill these ones
Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by zumbigbo(m): 9:44pm On Jul 28, 2023
Dem go overpower those potato madams with eba and fufu. 4-1 result

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by mayor1814: 9:44pm On Jul 28, 2023
Super falcons should not get overly excited and slack. If they are over confident and they lose d match, naija may come 2nd or 3rd

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by Enculer2: 9:48pm On Jul 28, 2023
Evestar200:
Nigeria 3-1 Ireland
Typical Nigerian over confidence
Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by wiseone28: 9:48pm On Jul 28, 2023
Make una no dey hype those girls before una get hrt attack

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by GenFunction: 9:51pm On Jul 28, 2023
McCabe and Co. Pls coman collect
Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by merits(m): 9:52pm On Jul 28, 2023
robosky02:
Nigeria in there best form qualified already

Nigeria goes TOP of Group B heading into the final matchday, when co-hosts Australia face Olympic champions Canada.

The stage is set for a shocking exit for someone on Monday...who will that be Canada or Australia

For Nigeria their moral is very high and sure to finish Ireland

Please don't hail them yet,9ja football is unpredictable.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by Jaybee3456: 9:59pm On Jul 28, 2023
They should just approach the match with the same amount of caution they gave canada and the aussies dats all

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by Teidor(m): 10:00pm On Jul 28, 2023
Nazgul:
I wish the super falcons all the best.

For the hypocrites attacking Oshola, they should know that athletes (sprinters) gymnastics, swimmers.. etc, dress worse than how she was when she removed her shirt yet no one condemns them. Tobi Amusun literally puts on under pants to run.

For those barking that she received a yellow card and might miss a crucial game if we go far in the tournament, they should know that in any FIFA tournament, all yellow cards are cleared after the first round. Meaning that from the Second round that yellow card she received would no longer stand.

So please let's support our ladies and wish them the best.
When 2nd round dey end abeg?..i wan check something
Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by baralatie(m): 10:08pm On Jul 28, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
We need a DRAW minimum. ✌️
God should bless their hustle

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by spiSeyi: 10:12pm On Jul 28, 2023
grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by Shedrack777: 10:14pm On Jul 28, 2023
robosky02:
Nigeria in there best form qualified already

Nigeria goes TOP of Group B heading into the final matchday, when co-hosts Australia face Olympic champions Canada.

The stage is set for a shocking exit for someone on Monday...who will that be Canada or Australia

For Nigeria their moral is very high and sure to finish Ireland
do you know that nigeria can still be knocked out if it lose 0:3 against ireland and australia drew canada
Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by spiSeyi: 10:20pm On Jul 28, 2023
cheesy
Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by class0247: 10:29pm On Jul 28, 2023
It’s not as if the Nigeria team is very good. They just have a good strategy. They sit back in the first 20 minutes and wait for their opponent to make a mistake and capitalize on it. Our coach know that the white girls get tried easily during the end of every half, they wait to attack

14 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by phemmyfour: 10:47pm On Jul 28, 2023
robosky02:
The super falcons are set to break their previous querter finals record
It's still a long way, there is second round this time unlike in 1999 where teams advanced to QF from the group stage.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by phemmyfour: 10:53pm On Jul 28, 2023
orohbiro:
We need to beat Ireland to top the group then let hope to face Jamaica or China in the round of 16.

NFF called this tactically blessed coach the worst coach in Nigeria history is on the verge of topping the group.
Allow this coach to stay with team next world cup sure for us
We had our worst position at the last AFCON under this coach. From 30th to 40th position under same coach.

What you see at the world cup is sheer luck and naija spirit. The coach added nothing to the team

The team is lucky not to lose to Canada and they almost drew with Australia

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by robosky02(m): 11:09pm On Jul 28, 2023
Shedrack777:
do you know that nigeria can still be knocked out if it lose 0:3 against ireland and australia drew canada

Pack well

We not fit lose like that
God no go shame us

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by FLADO: 11:28pm On Jul 28, 2023
robosky02:

Pack well

We not fit lose like that
God no go shame us

E no go shame us abeg

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by zoomman(m): 12:02am On Jul 29, 2023
Ogamysamo:
a win will be better, not because it will help them to avoid meeting stronger teams but because it will be calculated as their performance during next rankings. funny enough our falcon is the least ranked team in this group but they have wonderfully moved to the top of the table ahead of teams considered to be better and stronger than they. we are no. 40 world ranking, ireland is no. 22 or 21like that, canada that we held to a goalless draw is no. 7 and austria whom we defeated is no. 10, nigeria was initially supposed to be a walk over base on what the fifa latest ranking said but now we are about to cross over...

let's have a look at the performance at group level and their world ranking:

group b
no. team pts w.ranking
1. nigeria 4 40
2. canada 4 7
3. austria 3 10
4. ireland 0 22

a lesson to all those who society favours more today. don't look down on those struggling. tomorrow is another day

a lesson also to our dilig its hustlers out there... keep moving

It's Australia not Austria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by bekpo(m): 12:08am On Jul 29, 2023
EniHolar:
We meuve again cheesy

What?
Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by oxygeng: 3:50am On Jul 29, 2023
Please fellow Nigerians and indeed all football lovers across the country and around the world; am sure we are pleased with the performance of the super falcons so far at the world cup. However there is something I considered very important we have not taken note of. It's about two members of the team; Desire Okparanozie and gift Monday. For those that follows the game squarely not on sentiment, you could clearly see that IFEOMA ONUMONU has not lived up to average as a main striker right from the first whistle against canada (I will desist from mentioning her numerous flaws).
Again I will play down the Gift Monday's side just for the benefit of the doubt, but I believe we all know how good she is.
Now to the main reason why I am writing this:
Desire Okparanozie, What is going on? Have you people noticed how anonymous and "ghostly" she is in the team? She rarely takes part in celebrating any of the moments, has never been asked to warm up in dared and obvious moment when her impact is desperately needed, rather inexperienced players like okoronkwo Esther and co. are dangerously gambled into games, which almost cost us the full three points against Australia. Again I have not heard of any reports of Okparanozie been sick or injured.
Well we knew the travesty from the very arrogant nff officials on her Image not too distant past that led to her expulsion from the team for a period of time. Again we are aware just before the commencement of the tournament the team had a brush with same good for nothing nff just for speaking up, asking for clarifications in certain areas. I may be wrong, could it be that she has been singled out again by some power drunk individuals? Or is it a personal thing with the coaching crew? Which ever one it's I do sincerely feel that, the patriotic young lady deserves none of these emotional torture she has been subjected to. Please if there is any one with helpful information regarding this kindly quote, peace.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by Newness2019: 3:59am On Jul 29, 2023
Harrynight:

31st July 2023 will be a Titanic Battle

A draw will be enough to see us through to Next Round

God Give Us this day🙏

IT IS OURS BY THE GRACE OF ALMIGHTY GOD, AMEN.
Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by orohbiro(f): 5:43am On Jul 29, 2023
phemmyfour:
We had our worst position at the last AFCON under this coach. From 30th to 40th position under same coach.

What you see at the world cup is sheer luck and naija spirit. The coach added nothing to the team

The team is lucky not to lose to Canada and they almost drew with Australia
devil rest

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by DrTee1(m): 6:17am On Jul 29, 2023
robosky02:

After all super eagles were 5th Best ranking team after BEFORE USA 94

We were fifth in the second edition of the FIFA Rankings in April 1994. We were placed fifth arbitrarily because we were the African Champions, so it was assumed that we were the best from the fifth continent.

Germany and Denmark, or was or Sweden, were the strange teams ranked around and above us at that time.

As soon as the USA 94 World Cup ended, our true best ever rankings was 9th in 2006 or thereabouts under Christian Chukwu, if I'm not mistaken.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by b0rn2fuck(m): 6:27am On Jul 29, 2023
orohbiro:
We need to beat Ireland to top the group then let hope to face Jamaica or China in the round of 16.

NFF called this tactically blessed coach the worst coach in Nigeria history is on the verge of topping the group.
Allow this coach to stay with team next world cup sure for us
I love woman wey love sport, just imagine knacking and discussing football, carry over 2.5 goals after first round. Straight wins after second, I quickly rush to your profile , your beauty is also top knock, your boyfriends must be enjoying.. I love football so tay.. I play only things that do with football, bet9ja, baby nseju, ps 2,3,4 and now 5.. table soccer...I blow u kiss from here

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by RhinoChest: 6:59am On Jul 29, 2023
This is actually a must win game, because if we manage to top the group, our pathway to semis will be a lot easier.

Ireland shouldn’t be taken with levity as they might not want to go home empty-handed.

I also want us to avoid England because they do have a good and pragmatic coach.

Overall, our coach should stay on message. Be humble, train hard and keep your defensive compactness. With a little bit of more offensive training drills and ball retention, we could surprise a few people.

Go on falcons!!!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by BENEAMATA: 7:45am On Jul 29, 2023
Zee girl should curb that selfish spirit . Teamwork takes a team far and it's called a team sport for a reason . Two great chances to get a fourth and fifth goal wasted because all she could see was the " i " in WIN .
Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by Mrrock199026(m): 7:51am On Jul 29, 2023
In doors I pledge! DM for door such as chinese,egypt and turkish door......09071921794

Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by airprinz(m): 8:10am On Jul 29, 2023
BENEAMATA:
Zee girl should curb that selfish spirit . Teamwork takes a team far and it's called a team sport for a reason . Two great chances to get a fourth and fifth goal wasted because all she could see was the " i " in WIN .
What does Zee stand for on this your reply? Is it Asisat?
And what about I? Is it individual?

You people will come here and be typing what some us do not understand.
How do you expect those that do not love or follow football all that to understand what you've written up there
Re: Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 by skyZine(m): 8:29am On Jul 29, 2023
orohbiro:
OK China not too good quarter finals sure for us

Bro, those China ladies dey play o. They are so energetic.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Why We Banned Siasia For Life, By FIFA / World Cup: Rohr Reacts As Okocha Criticizes 4-2-3-1 Formation / Aliko Dangote Hosts Anthony Joshua On His ₦15b Luxury Yacht

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.