Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Why Is It Difficult Securing An Appointment At Portugal Embassy? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Is It Difficult Securing An Appointment At Portugal Embassy? (959 Views)

Why Do Some Graduates Find It Difficult To Speak Good English? / Nigerians React To 400L Student Of Unilorin Who Finds It Difficult To Express He / See What Kenyan Student Did When He Was Given A Difficult Math Question In Exam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It Difficult Securing An Appointment At Portugal Embassy? by moxiesera: 5:35pm On Jul 27, 2023
Hello people,

I understand most embassies require you to book for an appointment online when applying for Visa to travel, however, I understand some embassies give allowance for walk-in appointments were you pay to get an available slot sooner than waiting particularly in urgent circumstances. Like I know UK embassy allows for that's. But pls why is Portugal embassy different?

I have a friend who just secured admission for a masters program in Portugal and needs to resume school this September. However there seem to be no available slot on the Portugal embassy website portal till December. He even called the embassy to ask if he could pay for walk-in appointment and they said he has to book online that they don't do walk-in and there is no other way for him.

Please any advise for my friend? Kindly share any related experience you might have had🙏
Re: Why Is It Difficult Securing An Appointment At Portugal Embassy? by YeyeBoyfriend: 11:26am On Aug 01, 2023
Please, how is she/he booked the appointment, I have the former secretary to the embassy's contact and he told me to book an appointment the consular had to give you a date to come, when I asked him to help me get a date from the consular, he said it was going to cost me 30k but firstly I'd like to know how your friend booked his/her appointment if I can go through that route or just pay him to get the appointment date
moxiesera:
Hello people,

I understand most embassies require you to book for an appointment online when applying for Visa to travel, however, I understand some embassies give allowance for walk-in appointments were you pay to get an available slot sooner than waiting particularly in urgent circumstances. Like I know UK embassy allows for that's. But pls why is Portugal embassy different?

I have a friend who just secured admission for a masters program in Portugal and needs to resume school this September. However there seem to be no available slot on the Portugal embassy website portal till December. He even called the embassy to ask if he could pay for walk-in appointment and they said he has to book online that they don't do walk-in and there is no other way for him.

Please any advise for my friend? Kindly share any related experience you might have had🙏
Re: Why Is It Difficult Securing An Appointment At Portugal Embassy? by Elharaby: 9:30pm On Aug 05, 2023
moxiesera:
Hello people,

Am facing the same problem too. I guess your friend should try to buy appointment slots
Re: Why Is It Difficult Securing An Appointment At Portugal Embassy? by Elharaby: 9:34pm On Aug 05, 2023
YeyeBoyfriend:
Please, how is she/he booked the appointment, I have the former secretary to the embassy's contact and he told me to book an appointment the consular had to give you a date to come, when I asked him to help me get a date from the consular, he said it was going to cost me 30k but firstly I'd like to know how your friend booked his/her appointment if I can go through that route or just pay him to get the appointment date

Can your contact help me please get the slots? I have done all necessary documentation and if I can't get appointment on time then I will have to start documentation again, so I don't mind paying to get appointment. Police character last for 3months which means if you can get appointment within that period then you have to do another police Character Certificate same with travel insurance. Anticipating your response on how you can help please
Re: Why Is It Difficult Securing An Appointment At Portugal Embassy? by YeyeBoyfriend: 1:15pm On Aug 08, 2023
I'd give you feedback soon, have you authenticated your police character certificate? If yes, how much did you pay for authentication?
Elharaby:

Can your contact help me please get the slots? I have done all necessary documentation and if I can't get appointment on time then I will have to start documentation again, so I don't mind paying to get appointment. Police character last for 3months which means if you can get appointment within that period then you have to do another police Character Certificate same with travel insurance. Anticipating your response on how you can help please
Re: Why Is It Difficult Securing An Appointment At Portugal Embassy? by Elharaby: 2:54pm On Aug 08, 2023
YeyeBoyfriend:
I'd give you feedback soon, have you authenticated your police character certificate? If yes, how much did you pay for authentication?
I haven't because it's the new one not the old paper own and the requirements didn't state you should authenticate it. Kindly WhatsApp me to share my experience of why the appointment date is vital above all these authentication.
Re: Why Is It Difficult Securing An Appointment At Portugal Embassy? by YeyeBoyfriend: 3:33am On Aug 10, 2023
I just sent you a message on Whatsapp
Elharaby:

I haven't because it's the new one not the old paper own and the requirements didn't state you should authenticate it. Kindly WhatsApp me to share my experience of why the appointment date is vital above all these authentication.
Re: Why Is It Difficult Securing An Appointment At Portugal Embassy? by zeezus(m): 9:47pm On Oct 11, 2023
Hi guys kindly connect me with you contact to get appointment slot for the Portuguese consulate
Re: Why Is It Difficult Securing An Appointment At Portugal Embassy? by lanrubi(m): 7:28pm On Jan 22
Still no appointment , how are you guys solving this problem please?

(1) (Reply)

The Roles Of Teachers, Parents And Students In Maths Teaching/learning / Geniuses In Nigerian Universities . Do You Know Any In The Engineering Fields / Statement Of Account And Sweden Embassy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.