Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,130 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

How To Make Yourself Start And Finish Your Book - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / How To Make Yourself Start And Finish Your Book (129 Views)

This is why your book is not making sales (pictures) / Authors On Wattpad, Drop Your Book Info Here / How To Make N400,000 Steady Monthly Income With Your Book (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Yourself Start And Finish Your Book by TRWConsult(m): 11:28pm On Jul 28, 2023
Writing a book, whether fiction or nonfiction, is quite exciting and fun, but there is no doubt that it can be challenging as well.

In the process of writing, you gather facts, recollect history or create an alternate reality of your own. The end result is a complete and composite material available for an audience to peruse. Imagine your relief at your success! But it’s not always so easy to go through the process. Oftentimes you’re unable to get going. You only talk about it but you never put anything down. Other times the book drags in the middle.

This happens a lot of the time—especially the second bit. People come up with ideas about a book; they actually start writing it; but then a few pages down the line they trail off. The enthusiasm dies, and the book dies with it.

I know because it happens to me—a lot. And it happens to a lot of people I know.

So in this article, we’ll examine a few tips that will help you start your book, keep the writing process rolling, and actually get to the end.

The first is…

Have a seat
Seriously—sit down and do some tangible work immediately. Has an idea about a book popped into your head? Have a seat and turn the idea into actual material. You could prepare a hastily drawn plot—don’t worry, the actual book will most probably be way different. Or you could write down an interesting scene in the story. If it’s nonfiction you could quickly write a summary of what the book is going to be all about, adding those key ideas of yours.

I need to tell you this: writing a book takes focus. You’re never going to be an author if you lack the focus. You need to be able to say no to everything else, and actually sit down and work on your book. The good thing about writing is: continuing from where you stopped is often way easier than starting.

The big picture
Read more...

(1) (Reply)

5 Tips For Choosing Images For Your Book Cover / Copywriter/content Writer / What Love Gives Episode 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.