Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,575 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Knocks As Wike’s ‘I Will Not Be A Minister’ Old Video Resurfaces - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Knocks As Wike’s ‘I Will Not Be A Minister’ Old Video Resurfaces (33443 Views)

Mr Jollof Declares Support For Tinubu. Nigerians React As Old Video Resurfaces / Amaechi: I Am Afraid Of Wike, I Will Never Go Back To Rivers State / Wike: I Have Great Respect For Tinubu But His Comment On Edo Crisis Shocked Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Knocks As Wike’s ‘I Will Not Be A Minister’ Old Video Resurfaces by Islie: 11:36am On Jul 29, 2023
Tweeps knocked former governor of Rivers State, Ezenwo Nyesom Wike, as an old video showing the former governor boasting he would not...

By Abdulyassar Abdulhamid

Tweeps have knocked former governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike, as an old video showing the ex-governor boasting he would not be a minister resurfaced.

Wike and the Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) were at daggers drawn after Wike lost the presidential bid and vice presidential slot in the build-up to the general elections.

The crisis led to the formation of G5 composed of five state governors led by Wike, who worked against the party during the 2023 presidential election.

During the campaign, Wike, who backed President Bola Tinubu to win the poll, had said he was not interested in becoming a minister.
“Only one person can be a minister from a state; I will not be a minister. I will not. I am not a liability; Rivers State is an asset. So if you don’t want to win an election, it’s your business. I’m not the one running the election. He who wears the shoes knows where it pinches him,” Wike had said in the video.

However, his name appeared on the ministerial list the President sent to the National Assembly on Thursday for screening.

Since the old video resurfaced, the former governor has come under criticism for what some Nigerians described as “double-standard”.

A user, Tunde Adeparusi, said Nigerian politicians sought public office for personal gains.

He said, “Shameless soul! It’s a clear proof that most Nigerian policians seek public office for personal gains. They don’t really care about the citizens.”

That Naija Guy said, “First Wike wanted to be the presidential candidate of PDP, he failed. He then went for the VP seat, then again he failed. Then he worked tirelessly to rig the presidential election for APC which he has criticised for 8 years. Now he has been rewarded for this criminality.”

Foreign05 said, “You shouldn’t talk or say a thing like that because you and i know that this is politics especially that of Nigeria,so there’s no cheap politician coz if you were in these guys shoe you’d do more than them,no pretends pls….

But rushbanana wrote, “He said he will not b a minister to @atiku cabinet not tinubu. Make una get am right. Una go cry die… he was not talking about tinubu government but atiku @GovWike carry go sir, No mind all these social media people wey no know anything. Coming online to talk rubbish all d to.”

“You will just post 20 seconds from an entire statement so you can say rubbish. I dare you to post the full statement make shame catch you,” another Twitter user, Familiar Spirit, wrote.

Onyic Foundation said Wike had finally agreed to be “a liability” contrary to his vow.

Hillary B Eji stated, “This is what Wike have reduced himself too… someone that picked presidential ticket now he’s happy for been a minister lol”

“Dino Melaye once said to Wike when you drink don’t talk, when you talk don’t drink, very nonsense greedy man… I can’t stop watching this video,” Ernesto Martins wrote.

https://dailytrust.com/knocks-as-wikes-i-will-not-be-a-minister-old-video-resurfaces/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Knocks As Wike’s ‘I Will Not Be A Minister’ Old Video Resurfaces by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 29, 2023
Hmmmm
Re: Knocks As Wike’s ‘I Will Not Be A Minister’ Old Video Resurfaces by Realtord43: 11:43am On Jul 29, 2023
A man that talk alot like a woman will not know when he has gone against his own word.

And as a politicial who Wike his, never take his word as the truth,
political interest will supercede every other thing.

194 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Knocks As Wike’s ‘I Will Not Be A Minister’ Old Video Resurfaces by Candidlady: 11:43am On Jul 29, 2023
When isee people online and offline killing emselves over politicians icant just help but laugh

Most people don't know what is going on underground.... You'd see men that just quarreled now in public breaking bread together in that same individual's house..

The rich will always rule over the poor ... While the poor will keep dying for the rich..

111 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Knocks As Wike’s ‘I Will Not Be A Minister’ Old Video Resurfaces by TemplarLandry: 12:07pm On Jul 29, 2023
cool

2 Likes

Re: Knocks As Wike’s ‘I Will Not Be A Minister’ Old Video Resurfaces by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 12:10pm On Jul 29, 2023
make una free Wike abeg. there's no permanent friend in politics except permanent interest.

no be dem Atiku/Tambuwal/Saraki/Aliyu wey crash PDP & GEJ ambition in 2015? he was even ready 2 work 4 PDP only if Ayu will step down. PDP shld take their L in peace.

42 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Knocks As Wike’s ‘I Will Not Be A Minister’ Old Video Resurfaces by Enice(m): 12:19pm On Jul 29, 2023
Islie:

Tweeps knocked former governor of Rivers State, Ezenwo Nyesom Wike, as an old video showing the former governor boasting he would not...

https://dailytrust.com/knocks-as-wikes-i-will-not-be-a-minister-old-video-resurfaces/

Nlfpmod

Labour party faithfuls in severe pains grin

12 Likes

Re: Knocks As Wike’s ‘I Will Not Be A Minister’ Old Video Resurfaces by Penguin2: 12:22pm On Jul 29, 2023
Lol!

Is it only “I will not be a minister” he said?

Did he not call APC a 4th degree cancer?

Now, he later turned around to support cancer to continue in power but to support the most criminal person in the cancer party.

I will just keep my hands crossed, looking to see where Wike is heading to with this his brand of politics and moves.

One thing I know is that Wike is dead politically.

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Knocks As Wike’s ‘I Will Not Be A Minister’ Old Video Resurfaces by Adamaa1: 1:32pm On Jul 29, 2023
E
Re: Knocks As Wike’s ‘I Will Not Be A Minister’ Old Video Resurfaces by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:32pm On Jul 29, 2023
Confirmedzombie:
Peter obi vowed never to leave APGA but he left APGA for PDP and today LP.

Why crucify Wike

When we call them frustrated hypocrites dem go dey wail, cry, summersault.
Hypocrisy is in their DNA
Their major 2 trademarks in life : LIES AND HYPOCRISY.
don mind dem zombies. Pandora zombies

Here is their terrorist sympathizer below.
He said more than Wike even put the lives of his wife and kids on the line.
All for power and lies.
Pandora the Lying Machine and his gang of ipob play things on fleek.....😉

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Knocks As Wike’s ‘I Will Not Be A Minister’ Old Video Resurfaces by MummaGG: 1:32pm On Jul 29, 2023
Good
Re: Knocks As Wike’s ‘I Will Not Be A Minister’ Old Video Resurfaces by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:33pm On Jul 29, 2023
The man who Sabi politics,
The fathers of Children of hate, frustrations and perdition should come and learn politics from Wike the Wicked Producer,
And they should stop their politics of bitterness and hatred that has brought nothing good to their frustrated association since 1960.

Since the old video resurfaced, the former governor has come under criticism for what some Nigerians IPOB described as “double-standard”.

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Knocks As Wike’s ‘I Will Not Be A Minister’ Old Video Resurfaces by salbis(m): 1:33pm On Jul 29, 2023
Every sane human being will never take an average Nigerian politician serious.

They speak with both sides of their mouths.

Shame on all bootlickers, and their paymasters.

4 Likes

Re: Knocks As Wike’s ‘I Will Not Be A Minister’ Old Video Resurfaces by Dialpad: 1:33pm On Jul 29, 2023
That's politics for you.

Humans can also change at any time

1 Like

Re: Knocks As Wike’s ‘I Will Not Be A Minister’ Old Video Resurfaces by davillian(m): 1:33pm On Jul 29, 2023
They are all liars ....
They only they fight for is Thier pocket

5 Likes

Re: Knocks As Wike’s ‘I Will Not Be A Minister’ Old Video Resurfaces by Skillsnigeria: 1:33pm On Jul 29, 2023
grin
Re: Knocks As Wike’s ‘I Will Not Be A Minister’ Old Video Resurfaces by carreport(m): 1:33pm On Jul 29, 2023
Belief any of these useless expired politician at ur own peril

7 Likes

Re: Knocks As Wike’s ‘I Will Not Be A Minister’ Old Video Resurfaces by Metrofox(m): 1:33pm On Jul 29, 2023
grin
Re: Knocks As Wike’s ‘I Will Not Be A Minister’ Old Video Resurfaces by Metrofox(m): 1:33pm On Jul 29, 2023
grin grin Wike wey dey battle existential crisis... he's in the same spot that Amaechi faced after squaring with GEJ and mama peace.. na condition make crayfish bend..#shameless

3 Likes

Re: Knocks As Wike’s ‘I Will Not Be A Minister’ Old Video Resurfaces by bigdammyj: 1:35pm On Jul 29, 2023
Noted.
Re: Knocks As Wike’s ‘I Will Not Be A Minister’ Old Video Resurfaces by MrBONE2(m): 1:35pm On Jul 29, 2023
grin
Islie:

grin

1 Like

Re: Knocks As Wike’s ‘I Will Not Be A Minister’ Old Video Resurfaces by adebayo987: 1:35pm On Jul 29, 2023
That is politics for you.
Islie:

Re: Knocks As Wike’s ‘I Will Not Be A Minister’ Old Video Resurfaces by Patrioticman007(m): 1:35pm On Jul 29, 2023
The Iron man seriously dealt with PDP in a way that might be the end of the evil party.
Atiku won't foalt the party and Wike the only Danatus will soon decamp. The days of PDP are numbered.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Knocks As Wike’s ‘I Will Not Be A Minister’ Old Video Resurfaces by Veswseas: 1:35pm On Jul 29, 2023
Wike rest joor
Penguin2:
Lol!

Is it only “I will not be a minister” he said?

Did he not call APC a 4th degree cancer?

Now, he later turned around to support cancer to continue in power but to support the most criminal person in the cancer party.

I will just keep my hands crossed, looking to see where Wike is heading to with this his brand of politics and moves.

One thing I know is that Wike is dead politically.
Re: Knocks As Wike’s ‘I Will Not Be A Minister’ Old Video Resurfaces by obawinner(m): 1:37pm On Jul 29, 2023
Wike is wike.
Re: Knocks As Wike’s ‘I Will Not Be A Minister’ Old Video Resurfaces by Bobloco: 1:37pm On Jul 29, 2023
Wike lacks honour

4 Likes

Re: Knocks As Wike’s ‘I Will Not Be A Minister’ Old Video Resurfaces by blesdman(m): 1:37pm On Jul 29, 2023
Realtord43:
A man that talk alot like a woman will not know when he has gone against his own word.

And as a politicial who Wike his, never take his word as the truth,
political interest will supercede every other thing.
Wike is a political instruction book. In the video it was not to be a minister of Tinubu he talked about. On working for APC, he raised another press conference to say that even malaria kills, so if cancer is treated it could be better than malaria. The guy is a political Messi. Scoring goals.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Knocks As Wike’s ‘I Will Not Be A Minister’ Old Video Resurfaces by naijapikin2(m): 1:37pm On Jul 29, 2023
Believe politicians, and you will believe that the Sahara desert is in antarctica

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Knocks As Wike’s ‘I Will Not Be A Minister’ Old Video Resurfaces by fatherjesse(m): 1:38pm On Jul 29, 2023
Who is surprised? Wike has no honor, no dignity,no integrity just like El-Rufai. The reason Wike helped Tinubu rig elections was knowing it is only with Tinubu in power that he can escape prosecution; with Atiku, there is a likelihood that Amaechi will work with PDP and make him pay back what he stole or go to jail, Peter Obi will definitely not spare him, Wike was well aware of Tinubu being someone that is corruption personified so, he knew what he was doing.

8 Likes

Re: Knocks As Wike’s ‘I Will Not Be A Minister’ Old Video Resurfaces by Emperormartin(m): 1:38pm On Jul 29, 2023
Because of Wike, most Nigerians especially the upcoming ones won't trust Nigeria politicians again

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Who Is Chris Uba? / Buhari Moves To Sack SGF Babachir Lawal, Gets Likely Replacements - Naij.com / Before Osinbajo Traveled To See Buhari Cabal Had Sent Malami To London - SR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.