Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,833 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

What's The Name Of This Egusi And It's Health Benefits. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What's The Name Of This Egusi And It's Health Benefits. (438 Views)

This Egusi Soup Is Hot But The Story Is Hotter / How Is Your Weekend Going? Mine In Pictures With Egusi And Bitterleaf Soups / Peanut Milk Or Groundnut Milk Recipe And It's Health Benefits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Name Of This Egusi And It's Health Benefits. by ColdzOutside: 4:51pm On Jul 29, 2023
Hello guys and my moms. Please what's the name of this egusi seed and it's health benefits and if really is healthy for steady consumption. It's Very small, half size of bitter melon seed we commonly eat as egusi or even smaller.

She bought it from a Hausa man inside market here in one of the western states. Thanks

Re: What's The Name Of This Egusi And It's Health Benefits. by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 29, 2023
I want to know too.

1 Like

Re: What's The Name Of This Egusi And It's Health Benefits. by bosman50(m): 6:21pm On Jul 29, 2023
ColdzOutside:
Hello guys and my moms. Please what's the name of this egusi seed and it's health benefits and if really is healthy for steady consumption. It's Very small, half size of bitter melon seed we commonly eat as egusi or even smaller.

She bought it from a Hausa man inside market here in one of the western states. Thanks

these are water melon seeds (Cucumis melo L.).
Re: What's The Name Of This Egusi And It's Health Benefits. by ColdzOutside: 6:25pm On Jul 29, 2023
bosman50:

these are water melon seeds (Cucumis melo L.).
Thanks but are you sure about that? The shell is creamy in color not as brown as watermelon seed looks like. Beside, have you been eating it? What's the health benefits.
Re: What's The Name Of This Egusi And It's Health Benefits. by bosman50(m): 6:46pm On Jul 29, 2023
ColdzOutside:

Thanks but are you sure about that? The shell is creamy in color not as brown as watermelon seed looks like. Beside, have you been eating it? What's the health benefits.
Very sure sir.
i have tasted it. infact i eat it every summer. i just liked the taste(not for its health benefits).
i eat it every summer. i will be getting some by next week.

1 Like

Re: What's The Name Of This Egusi And It's Health Benefits. by ColdzOutside: 6:49pm On Jul 29, 2023
bosman50:

Very sure sir.
i have tasted it. infact i eat it every summer. i just liked the taste(not for its health benefits).
i eat it every summer. i will be getting some by next week.
You're right about the taste, really taste great, we really liked it. Now that I know the name, I'm gonna do more research on it. Thanks
Re: What's The Name Of This Egusi And It's Health Benefits. by Orc13: 8:06pm On Jul 29, 2023
It looks like the specie we grow in Southern Kaduna. I don't of other places in the North ooo... But we do farm this very type. Some places in Nasarawa State farm this too. However, don't know it's nomenclature

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

New Bakery Equipment For Sale At A Very Distress Price / How Long Does It Take To Boil An Egg? / JUST IN: Bread Price Increase As Bakers Hint On Fresh Increase In Production Cos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.