Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,037 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

AU Gives Niger Military Junta 15 Days To Return Bouzam To Power - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / AU Gives Niger Military Junta 15 Days To Return Bouzam To Power (22228 Views)

Guinean Military Junta Dissolves Government, Seals Country’s Borders / France Defiant, Insists Niger Military Junta Cannot Expel Its Ambassador / Nigeriens Challenge Military Junta Amid Increased Insecurity and Intimidations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AU Gives Niger Military Junta 15 Days To Return Bouzam To Power by nairalanda1(m): 8:38am On Jul 30, 2023
Racoon:
Most leaders of the West African sub-region are sit-tight dictator and the only thing they understand is the military coup language. AU is toothless and useless.

Well, the guy who was overthrown had only been in the job for two years.

Also coups haven't helped any African country

3 Likes

Re: AU Gives Niger Military Junta 15 Days To Return Bouzam To Power by SalamRushdie: 8:38am On Jul 30, 2023
Au should stay out of this , this coup will help peace in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: AU Gives Niger Military Junta 15 Days To Return Bouzam To Power by 007kjb: 8:40am On Jul 30, 2023
E sure me say NIGER has a powerful weapon to shut the so called AU up if they do anyhow

1 Like

Re: AU Gives Niger Military Junta 15 Days To Return Bouzam To Power by crackhouse(m): 8:40am On Jul 30, 2023
Tinubu the jack bauer
Re: AU Gives Niger Military Junta 15 Days To Return Bouzam To Power by 007kjb: 8:41am On Jul 30, 2023
nairalanda1:

Well, the guy who was overthrown had only been in the job for two years.

Also coups haven't helped any African country

Military reign is better than the current west African democracy

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: AU Gives Niger Military Junta 15 Days To Return Bouzam To Power by Hanndye: 8:41am On Jul 30, 2023
This film get 15-day suspense.

1 Like

Re: AU Gives Niger Military Junta 15 Days To Return Bouzam To Power by DMerciful(m): 8:42am On Jul 30, 2023
Nonsensical talk from AU
Re: AU Gives Niger Military Junta 15 Days To Return Bouzam To Power by Arielle: 8:43am On Jul 30, 2023
High time that french puppet was kicked out.

1 Like

Re: AU Gives Niger Military Junta 15 Days To Return Bouzam To Power by Mintum: 8:43am On Jul 30, 2023
ManirBK:

This is sad! For African countries to only be under military leadership..this is sad
Shut up please, if the kind of dirty, corrupt and evil leadership we have here in Nigeria is what the civilians are able to bring then what's the difference if the military take over? They can't be worse than these senseless civilian leaders.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: AU Gives Niger Military Junta 15 Days To Return Bouzam To Power by TheFacelessMan: 8:43am On Jul 30, 2023
BoldBrainz:
Still amuses me when I wake up every morning and realise Tinubu is actually occupying the Aso rock seat and fancying himself as the voice of West African countries.. grin

The joke is just surreal!

Don't worry...you will laugh for 8 good years.

He's not "fancying himself".... He's the President and there's nothing you can do but cry about it. grin
Re: AU Gives Niger Military Junta 15 Days To Return Bouzam To Power by joyandfaith: 8:44am On Jul 30, 2023
ManirBK:
• Tinubu prepares to host ECOWAS emergency meeting

https://thenationonlineng.net/au-gives-niger-military-junta-15-days-to-return-bouzam-to-power/

I think Africans deserve military junta. Democracy is for civilised society. There are more extrajudicial killings in democratic Nigeria compared to military regimes. The only difference is that elites suffer more under military regimes.

7 Likes

Re: AU Gives Niger Military Junta 15 Days To Return Bouzam To Power by Chucks13: 8:45am On Jul 30, 2023
Impossible. I repeat impossible and when has such happened last in Africa soil?

Impossible!!!
Re: AU Gives Niger Military Junta 15 Days To Return Bouzam To Power by Nobody: 8:45am On Jul 30, 2023
Dvdpity:

The back bone of ecomog is Nigeria and Mali. Mali will never send their soldiers to die for France and USA.. Nigeria on the other hand will disintegrate once they send thousands of soldiers to Niger Republic to oust the new government.
how will Nigeria disintegrate? Or who will disintegrate Nigeria? You make me laugh 😅

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AU Gives Niger Military Junta 15 Days To Return Bouzam To Power by phorget(m): 8:45am On Jul 30, 2023
ManirBK:
Good development The coup won’t hold. They know that. They would vacate the position either in peace or in pieces.

Ecowas chairman Tinubu is holding emergency meeting to set right the situation

He should set right the situation in his own country first.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: AU Gives Niger Military Junta 15 Days To Return Bouzam To Power by omohayek: 8:46am On Jul 30, 2023
007kjb:

Only if you're the military man doing the reigning - or a tribalist so embittered by his candidate losing that he would rather see everyone else deprived of their choice as well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AU Gives Niger Military Junta 15 Days To Return Bouzam To Power by udemzyudex(m): 8:47am On Jul 30, 2023
Lol.. I read the citizens are in support of it, trust me nothing the AU will do other than negotiate for a new Democratic government.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: AU Gives Niger Military Junta 15 Days To Return Bouzam To Power by phorget(m): 8:48am On Jul 30, 2023
TheFacelessMan:

He's not "fancying himself".... He's the President and there's nothing you can do but cry about it. grin

If all the president can do is only to make people cry then he is not worthy to be a president.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: AU Gives Niger Military Junta 15 Days To Return Bouzam To Power by John4B: 8:48am On Jul 30, 2023
Niger republic is a sovereign state, AU can't detect to them how to run their govt. same way EU and other international bodies can't interfere in Nigeria's affairs like elections.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AU Gives Niger Military Junta 15 Days To Return Bouzam To Power by sslcrypt: 8:49am On Jul 30, 2023
You guys are just ignorant. Nigeria will intervene in Niger, we can't afford a disabled Niger. The military greedy folks won't see what's coming. Enough of the madness

3 Likes

Re: AU Gives Niger Military Junta 15 Days To Return Bouzam To Power by nairalanda1(m): 8:51am On Jul 30, 2023
007kjb:

No it hasn't.

Military rule has been just as bad , and in some instances even worse than democratic rule here.

You don't have to agree with me, and I myself don't like our current political system, regardless of the party, but at least we have choices that we never had under army rule

Also, at the end, we have had the same corruption and looting under army rule that we do under civilian rule. The soldiers take over where the civilians stop.

If you want a better democratic system, we have to get up and do the hard work of participation. No democracy is born perfect. It is always a work in progress

And if we want prosperity we have to develop an industrial economy that exports. Army rule never did that, nor did civilian rule. A coup would just change the nature of the oppressors. It's at the end, still the same mess.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: AU Gives Niger Military Junta 15 Days To Return Bouzam To Power by udemzyudex(m): 8:51am On Jul 30, 2023
sslcrypt:
You guys are just ignorant. Nigeria will intervene in Niger, we can't afford a disabled Niger. The military greedy folks won't see what's coming. Enough of the madness

I hope you'll be part of the soldiers who will be sent to Niger.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: AU Gives Niger Military Junta 15 Days To Return Bouzam To Power by onuman: 8:52am On Jul 30, 2023
AU has no standing armed forces.
Toothless bulldog is the AU.
West Africa could not manage democracy.
Since 2019, for example, one man, Mahmood Yakubu, had APPOINTED the presidents for Nigeria.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: AU Gives Niger Military Junta 15 Days To Return Bouzam To Power by BoldBrainz(m): 8:52am On Jul 30, 2023
TheFacelessMan:

Easy man.

Not everyone is crying you know. Antagonism shouldn't be a yardstick to lose your God-given sense of reasoning.

1 Like

Re: AU Gives Niger Military Junta 15 Days To Return Bouzam To Power by bull67: 8:52am On Jul 30, 2023
its all about control between the west and russia and china. it about how want to help and control africa. mali kicked french troops out of their country and recrutied russia machinaries.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: AU Gives Niger Military Junta 15 Days To Return Bouzam To Power by Hellonearth: 8:53am On Jul 30, 2023
ManirBK:
Good development The coup won’t hold. They know that. They would vacate the position either in peace or in pieces.

Ecowas chairman Tinubu is holding emergency meeting to set right the situation

Lolz. Illegitimate president u mean
Re: AU Gives Niger Military Junta 15 Days To Return Bouzam To Power by crossbreedwears(m): 8:54am On Jul 30, 2023
I tire oh. 62 years old Major General wey supposed don retire since like 58 years
ruggedtimi:
Why this bazoum guy no retire the presidential guard boss
Re: AU Gives Niger Military Junta 15 Days To Return Bouzam To Power by Dvdpity: 8:59am On Jul 30, 2023
Viking07:
how will Nigeria disintegrate? Or who will disintegrate Nigeria? You make me laugh 😅
You don't know what is cooking, send 100k Nigerian soldiers to Niger, which they won't be able to over throw the government and watch how Nigeria will crumble.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: AU Gives Niger Military Junta 15 Days To Return Bouzam To Power by SaLongs1(m): 9:01am On Jul 30, 2023
OP, how your headline come slaughter the man name like that na? Anyway, all this one na toothless dog dey bark sha!!
Re: AU Gives Niger Military Junta 15 Days To Return Bouzam To Power by 007kjb: 9:01am On Jul 30, 2023
omohayek:

Only if you're the military man doing the reigning - or a tribalist so embittered by his candidate losing that he would rather see everyone else deprived of their choice as well.

Those that call Truth evil don't live long
Re: AU Gives Niger Military Junta 15 Days To Return Bouzam To Power by Dvdpity: 9:02am On Jul 30, 2023
sslcrypt:
You very ignorant, who will fight for that nonsense? Nigerian army that is struggling with bokoharam? Or you think that igbos or Yorubas will die in the land of niger, for who? You are mad.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AU Gives Niger Military Junta 15 Days To Return Bouzam To Power by SaLongs1(m): 9:03am On Jul 30, 2023
crossbreedwears:
I tire oh. 62 years old Major General wey supposed don retire since like 58 years
You no hear say na because the president wan retire the general nahin the general quickly sack the president?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Niger Crisis: Terrorists Shoot Driver, Burn Trucks Conveying Foodstuff To Ghana / Xenophobia: Nigeria Union Reports New Attacks In South Africa / Sri Lanka President Rajapaksa Resigns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.