Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,938 members, 7,810,608 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:58 AM

Federal Character Commission Was Like A Market For Selling Job Slots – Chair - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Federal Character Commission Was Like A Market For Selling Job Slots – Chair (16692 Views)

What's The Purpose Of Federal Character Commission / Senate To Investigate NPA Job Slots 'Sold For N3 Million Each' / Federal Character Commission Recruitment Process 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federal Character Commission Was Like A Market For Selling Job Slots – Chair by ijustdey: 12:54pm On Jul 30, 2023
The Chairperson, Federal Character Commission (FCC), Muheeba Dankaka, says the commission was like a marketplace for selling job slots before she assumed office, stating that an attempt to stop the alleged corruption pitted her against some commissioners.

Dankaka made the revelation during the week while appearing before the House of Representatives Ad-hoc Committee investigating alleged job racketeering and abuse of Integrated Personnel Payroll Information System (IPPIS) by Ministries Department and Agencies (MDAs).

The House had directed the chairperson and all the 36 commissioners of the commission to appear on Wednesday after she failed to do so on Tuesday.

The chairperson who appeared with some of the commissioners was accused of alleged job racketeering and abuse of extant laws and the FCC establishment Act by some of the commissioners tagged ‘Integrity Group’.

Speaking before the committee, the commissioner representing Osun State in the commission, Abdulrazak Adewuyi and his counterpart representing Rivers State, Okwacha Augustine alleged that the chairperson had been running the commission in violation of Section 14(3) of the 1999 Constitution (as amended), Section 2 of the FCC Act and other extant laws.

However, Dankaka denied the allegations and accused the commissioners from the ‘Integrity Group’ of mischief and blackmail.

She said that the commissioners making the allegations had been on her neck as a result of her refusal to compromise.

In a viral video of the panel session, Dankaka said her move to stop the sale of job slots at the commission on her assumption of office did not go down well with some of the commissioners.

She said, Before I came here, I have made my name. I have made my money. Let me tell you a small story. Some of them (commissioners) have reasons why they are attacking me. When I first came in, most of them were my close people. All of them were always in my office, but what they wanted me to do I told them I cannot do it.

“I am a very quiet person and I keep certain secrets as executive chairman. I have to swallow certain things and leave everything in the hands of God. Before I came to this place, they were selling (job) slots. The place was like a market. And you can find out from the people living in Abuja if I am lying.

“When I came in, I met all the commissioners and told them I don’t want anything that will destroy me and my family. All of them can bear me witness.”

The chairperson alleged that a commissioner bought a landed property and promised the seller to pay for it with job slots, but she thwarted the plan.

The Chairman of the committee, Yusuf Adamu Gagdi, consequently directed that the chairperson should submit her response to the allegations in writing as well as submit all documents required for the investigation and submit on Friday.

He added that the chairperson should appear with all the 36 commissioners on Monday for the resumed investigative hearing.

https://dailytrust.com/federal-character-commission-was-like-a-market-for-selling-job-slots-chair/

2 Likes

Re: Federal Character Commission Was Like A Market For Selling Job Slots – Chair by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 12:56pm On Jul 30, 2023
It will even get worse under Renewed Shege.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Federal Character Commission Was Like A Market For Selling Job Slots – Chair by OneCandleAway(f): 12:58pm On Jul 30, 2023
Ok, where are the job adverts now, or testimonial of people who got jobs without connection

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Character Commission Was Like A Market For Selling Job Slots – Chair by Tomek09(m): 1:34pm On Jul 30, 2023
Everything about securing a well paying job in Naija na connection.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Federal Character Commission Was Like A Market For Selling Job Slots – Chair by Jesse6(m): 1:58pm On Jul 30, 2023
No be today nyash dey for back!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Character Commission Was Like A Market For Selling Job Slots – Chair by Chimarto: 2:01pm On Jul 30, 2023
I'm ashamed of being a Nigerian

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Federal Character Commission Was Like A Market For Selling Job Slots – Chair by Hedonisco: 2:03pm On Jul 30, 2023
Everyone in Abuja knows that.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Federal Character Commission Was Like A Market For Selling Job Slots – Chair by Savedday2: 2:08pm On Jul 30, 2023
A day is coming when the poor will have nothing to eat but to eat the rich for breakfast.

The monster our politicians are making out of her citizens, are growing quickly, soon the country won't be safe for anyone!

25 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Federal Character Commission Was Like A Market For Selling Job Slots – Chair by Ulunne777(f): 2:23pm On Jul 30, 2023
A lame comeback because she was exposed by the other 37state commissioners.All of them are involved in it.They got angry cos she now has her own agents who now sell slots for herinstead of sharing with them to trickle down to the 36 states and fct.
Swearing in Allah even when she has been perpetrating evil.
If you watched the video,you will cry

Shame on all of you.

21 Likes

Re: Federal Character Commission Was Like A Market For Selling Job Slots – Chair by AderonkeOlaniyi(f): 8:51pm On Jul 30, 2023
I support the military government in Niger Republic!!!

On the mandate of the Niger military government we stand!!!

Tilumbu cannot do anything.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Federal Character Commission Was Like A Market For Selling Job Slots – Chair by BluntCrazeMan: 8:52pm On Jul 30, 2023
Okkkk
Re: Federal Character Commission Was Like A Market For Selling Job Slots – Chair by Bfly: 8:52pm On Jul 30, 2023
People should stop saying they have made money before one thing one thing.

6 Likes

Re: Federal Character Commission Was Like A Market For Selling Job Slots – Chair by SPRINCE001: 8:52pm On Jul 30, 2023
That was how an FIRS controller told me to pay 3million before they could offer me employment into the ministry 😞😞😞😞

Nigeria my country, those that have the money to pay was employed, Even if you study Agric you will be employed into a post that a mass communication student should occupied.

Imagine an Agric student given a PR(public relation) post over a well experienced PR/mass comm candidate

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Character Commission Was Like A Market For Selling Job Slots – Chair by Chibuzoripob: 8:52pm On Jul 30, 2023
sad nah man know another man place.If u are nobody, forget it

6 Likes

Re: Federal Character Commission Was Like A Market For Selling Job Slots – Chair by Igboslayer: 8:52pm On Jul 30, 2023
Afsg
Re: Federal Character Commission Was Like A Market For Selling Job Slots – Chair by Senioradvocate(m): 8:52pm On Jul 30, 2023
angry
Asi
NNPC }
NIMASA}
NPA }
CBN}
MARITIME industries}
them don sell ham finish

Na who get time dae debate on a useless country called Nigeria

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Character Commission Was Like A Market For Selling Job Slots – Chair by ImoleNaija: 8:53pm On Jul 30, 2023
Corruption everywhere; both in public & private organizations.

May God help us.

3 Likes

Re: Federal Character Commission Was Like A Market For Selling Job Slots – Chair by Nonso92(m): 8:54pm On Jul 30, 2023
As if we didn't know before

3 Likes

Re: Federal Character Commission Was Like A Market For Selling Job Slots – Chair by AnietiePictures: 8:54pm On Jul 30, 2023
Its well

1 Like

Re: Federal Character Commission Was Like A Market For Selling Job Slots – Chair by tobenuel(m): 8:55pm On Jul 30, 2023
This one wan tell us another story.
Federal character people

1 Like

Re: Federal Character Commission Was Like A Market For Selling Job Slots – Chair by jeeqaa7(m): 8:57pm On Jul 30, 2023
still is

2 Likes

Re: Federal Character Commission Was Like A Market For Selling Job Slots – Chair by Wealthoptulent(m): 8:58pm On Jul 30, 2023
Make we sell n gain

1 Like

Re: Federal Character Commission Was Like A Market For Selling Job Slots – Chair by UnfairLife7(m): 9:01pm On Jul 30, 2023
Nawa

2 Likes

Re: Federal Character Commission Was Like A Market For Selling Job Slots – Chair by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jul 30, 2023
Bad leadership

1 Like

Re: Federal Character Commission Was Like A Market For Selling Job Slots – Chair by Oshkosch: 9:04pm On Jul 30, 2023
Nigeria is to the wild.
We need a revolution.
All out political leaders must vacate office.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Federal Character Commission Was Like A Market For Selling Job Slots – Chair by UnfairLife7(m): 9:04pm On Jul 30, 2023
Savedday2:
A day is coming when the poor will have nothing to eat but to eat the rich for breakfast.

The monster our politicians are making out of her citizens, are growing quickly, soon the country won't be safe for anyone!
LOl

How i wish military can take over the country. I doubt the country will be this messy

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Federal Character Commission Was Like A Market For Selling Job Slots – Chair by Daytonbale: 9:08pm On Jul 30, 2023
Ulunne777:
A lame comeback because she was exposed by the other 37state commissioners.All of them are involved in it.They got angry cos she now has her own agents instead of sharing with them.
Swearing in Allah even when she has been perpetrating evil.

Shame on all of you.
when do we have 37 State in Nigeria Tinubu supporter spotted , 36 State is clearly stated on the write up and you want to squeeze and add your imagining 37 state Ode

4 Likes

Re: Federal Character Commission Was Like A Market For Selling Job Slots – Chair by wwwkaycom(m): 9:09pm On Jul 30, 2023
Yes
Re: Federal Character Commission Was Like A Market For Selling Job Slots – Chair by Kemadealadire(f): 9:09pm On Jul 30, 2023
This isn't new na.

1 Like

Re: Federal Character Commission Was Like A Market For Selling Job Slots – Chair by Dittodat: 9:11pm On Jul 30, 2023
Almost all the citizens are corrupt.
The ones complaining are those that have not had the opportunity ro steal.
Even a govt worker who is stealing is still complaining about politicians as the problem. grin
Yahoo Boys don't see themselves as criminals but their leaders are criminals. What a warped illogical way of reasoning.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Character Commission Was Like A Market For Selling Job Slots – Chair by NohurryInLife: 9:11pm On Jul 30, 2023
Anything wey una like make una do, na my own time I dey wait for. E go reach my turn one day Al-quran

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Federal Character Commission Was Like A Market For Selling Job Slots – Chair by BoldBrainz(m): 9:12pm On Jul 30, 2023
tobenuel:
This one wan tell us another story.
Federal character people

If you live in Abuja and have a social life, it is then you'll have a glimpse into the corruption that is in Nigeria.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Emerald Food And Beverage Company - Owerri / It Has Come To Our Attention That Existing Beneficiaries Are Refusing To Show Up / Invite From Outcess-formerly CCSL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.