Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,474 members, 7,850,635 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:30 AM

Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? (2064 Views)

2023: APC Should Give Its Ticket To A Southwest Muslim - Yoruba Muslim Scholars / Akinwunmi Adesina, 2023: We Want Yoruba Muslim As President - MURIC To Obasanjo / MURIC: Why Has No Yoruba Muslim Ever Occupied Aso Rock? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by TimiofEde: 2:49pm On Jul 30, 2023
Emperormartin:
You don't even know your history so well

The Fulanis brought Islam into Yoruba kingdom

This is a bare faced lie, we the yoruba moslems belong to the Tijjaniya islamic sect which was brought to us by the Maghreb and not fulanis, you're trying to punch above your weight by delving into a subject you know little or nothing about. Pay attention and learn.

5 Likes

Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by TimiofEde: 2:53pm On Jul 30, 2023
helinues:

Election loss could be painful sha

I only asked an innocent question that's been bothering me but you've done nothing but foam in the mouth, so I take it that you're OK playing second fiddle to the fulani like an eternal slave, well I've got news for you, I'm not OK playing second fiddle and rather receive direct instructions from Saudi Arabia than fulani sultan who belongs to a dusty tribe that's not as sophisticated as our, yoruba ronu o!

4 Likes

Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by ezechi242: 2:56pm On Jul 30, 2023
ABOMINATION, SACRILEGE.
Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by TimiofEde: 2:59pm On Jul 30, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Only Usman dan fodio lines can become sultan in Sokoto. The sultan only have power over some Fulani and Hausa territory.

If that be the case, why then does the sultan sight the moon for we the yoruba moslems? And dishes out other islamic instructions for us to follow?

Is that we don't have a high powered telescope to sight the crescent? Because I know we the yoruba moslems can definitely afford to buy one, I just think we are too scared of the fulanis to go against them, we only take comfort in attacking the peaceful great Igbos for our inadequacies and that's very unfortunate.

5 Likes

Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by TimiofEde: 3:02pm On Jul 30, 2023
ezechi242:
ABOMINATION, SACRILEGE.

Are you saying a yoruba moslem cannot become sultan until the end of time? Are we condemned to eternal servitude to the fulanis? This reality saddens me and we have to act fast or remain eternal slaves to the caliphate.

4 Likes

Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by Ikaeniyan0: 3:05pm On Jul 30, 2023
TimiofEde:

If that be the case, why then does the sultan sight the moon for we the yoruba moslems? And dishes out other islamic instructions for us to follow?

Is that we don't have a high powered telescope to sight the crescent? Because I know we the yoruba moslems can definitely afford to buy one, I just think we are too scared of the fulanis to go against them, we only take comfort in attacking the peaceful great Igbos for our inadequacies and that's very unfortunate.
is not only the sultan who can sight the moon on behalf of muslims in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by ezechi242: 3:06pm On Jul 30, 2023
TimiofEde:

Are you saying a yoruba moslem cannot become sultan until the end of time? Are we condemned to eternal servitude to the fulanis? This reality saddens me and we have to act fast or remain eternal slaves to the caliphate.

grin grin grin SLAVES TILL THE END OF TIME

4 Likes

Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by AntiChristian: 3:09pm On Jul 30, 2023
The Sultanate is an age long Islamic institution that all Muslims in Nigeria should hold on to regardless of tribe!

If the Yorubas were to have a Sultan, the Igbos too , then the Ijaw, Nupe, Tiv, Baruba, and the division goes on!

The sultanate even precedes your existence and even that of parents! And you'll like to create a rivalry based on tribe!

Your suggestion will only bring about divisions and further deviation from the Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad salallahu alayhi wasalam.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by bjdon: 3:10pm On Jul 30, 2023
TimiofEde:

Thank you for taking your time to explain this in such a civil manner and not like the uncouth helinues who'd rather throw jabs and insults.

With regards to your explanation, are you saying that we the yoruba moslems will remain eternally subservient to the grand children of uthman Dan fodio? Why can't we elevate a yoruba moslem to a position that rivals that of the sultan? Someone who can help us sight the moon without waiting for the fulani sultan as this has made the fulanis very arrogant and condescending towards we the yoruba moslems.

The whole situation of the Sultan being the 'Head' of Muslims in Nigeria was done by the British. There's no historical reason for this, as it was not the Sokoto Caliphate that brought Islam to the SW. Yoruba Muslims need to stand up and demand equality.

4 Likes

Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by Extremekofoshi: 3:20pm On Jul 30, 2023
TimiofEde:

I only asked an innocent question that's been bothering me but you've done nothing but foam in the mouth, so I take it that you're OK playing second fiddle to the fulani like an eternal slave, well I've got news for you, I'm not OK playing second fiddle and rather receive direct instructions from Saudi Arabia than fulani sultan who belongs to a dusty tribe that's not as sophisticated as our, yoruba ronu o!

Are you saying the Sultan of Sokoto is preventing your prayers from reaching Allah?
I know it's about the money coming to the Muslims in Nigeria, from Saudi Arabia, isn't it?.
Go and start your terrorist sect too, at least you will get some nutcase to bankroll you.
People like us understand what went down, terrorism and organized religion are scams, reminds me of that movie, ijakumo.
Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by duro4chang(m): 3:35pm On Jul 30, 2023
You registered today and everything you are concerned about is Yoruba / Fulani , Yoruba/ibo. You are not Yoruba but a mischievous person

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by TimiofEde: 3:37pm On Jul 30, 2023
AntiChristian:
The Sultanate is an age long Islamic institution that all Muslims in Nigeria should hold on to regardless of tribe!

If the Yorubas were to have a Sultan, the Igbos too , then the Ijaw, Nupe, Tiv, Baruba, and the division goes on!

The sultanate even precedes your existence and even that of parents! And you'll like to create a rivalry based on tribe!

Your suggestion will only bring about divisions and further deviation from the Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad salallahu alayhi wasalam.

The Sultanate is not peculiar to the fulanis, they didn't invent the word, Brunei and Oman are ruled by sultans. The yorubas are a proud nation so why do we have to play second fiddle to the fulanis? It's not as if they gave us Islam, I think it boils down to the generational cowardice ingrained in our DNA

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by Godwin4444: 3:58pm On Jul 30, 2023
7lives:

I know you are confused, let me help you.
The Sultanate is an empire, with the Sultan as the maximum religious and political ruler.
The Emirs are under the control of the Sultanate, Uthman Dan Fodio 's great grand children, are the owners of the empire because the empire belongs to Uthman Dan Fodio.
So for your information, ONLY the grand children of Uthman Dan Fodio, can ascend the throne of the Sultan.
Now the joke is on you, can a Fulani ascend the throne of Alafin Oyo.
Oyo empire belongs to Oranmiyan and so the throne belongs to his grandchildren.
No Yoruba that is not of Oranmiyan lineage can become an Alafin of Oyo.
Same thing applied to the Sultanate, get a copy of the west African history, read and understand.
Shalom.
y don’t u ignore the idle Igbo

Only God knows how igbos find it easy to deny their forefathers

Small time they will claim Yoruba

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by AntiChristian: 4:11pm On Jul 30, 2023
TimiofEde:

The Sultanate is not peculiar to the fulanis, they didn't invent the word, Brunei and Oman are ruled by sultans. The yorubas are a proud nation so why do we have to play second fiddle to the fulanis? It's not as if they gave us Islam, I think it boils down to the generational cowardice ingrained in our DNA

You and your generations are the cowards not us!

Tell your Nurudeen Jackson to create a sultanate and see if other Yorubas will follow!

Or Sanwo Olu, Seyi Makinde, Dapo Abiodun, Rotimi Akeredolu, etc would all join together and create a Sultanate for the Yorubas!

The reason some northerners disregard you southerners can be seen in your governor, that's if you're truly from Osun!

A Nurudeen and a Jackson in one package, dancing up and down!

No be Yorubas say "a wife we married because of her dancing skill will eventually loose focus "

In essence, there's no second fiddle in Islam!
Generations after generations they've had the sultanate and creating another would create divisions and divert Muslims from the Sunnah of Islam!

The best among us with Allah is one who is most pious and Allah fearing!

You don't need a Sultanate or tribe promoting like those Jahiliyah people of Makkah!

Our common tribe is Islam!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by Psychokinetic: 4:17pm On Jul 30, 2023
helinues:

Election loss could be painful sha
yoruba Mozulem 🐷 answer the questions and stop deflecting!

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by Chucks13: 6:16pm On Jul 30, 2023
TimiofEde:

These are pertinent questions that portends to our survival as yoruba moslems, I know my cowardly yoruba tribe lack the balls to challenge the fulani that's why they take solace insulting the great Igbos who have done nothing wrong to us but good thing I'm not as cowardly as my people and I intend to challenge the current sultan so I can become the next and first yoruba moslem sultan, amin

From your statement it clearly showed you are a bloody liar and an ipob pretend to wannabe to troll pls Park off.

Busted!!!

Go and become Sultan in Nnewi or Abraka okwa ya?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by Occurstaem(m): 6:47pm On Jul 30, 2023
Here we have him/her, a Yabaleft patient.
The Ōloriburuku even said he is from Ede. The wèrè that can't render the oríkì of his lineage. I don't know what is making these cannibalistic zionist 0su pïgs to be impersonating others especially Yoruba everywhere. To what end? This needs to be studied. Just like one mùmú who goes by the moniker "ooni".

Mods won't ban the mofos who are circulating a dehumanizing photo of a fellow human. They circulated the same picture during the Presidential campaign in order to mock the ever successful Yoruba and the mods looked away including the owner of the forum.

If you like ban me again, I don't care.
Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by TimiofEde: 8:05am On Aug 02, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
is not only the sultan who can sight the moon on behalf of muslims in Nigeria.

Is there a yoruba moslem who can sight moon on behalf of Muslims in Nigeria? grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by TimiofEde: 8:14am On Aug 02, 2023
AntiChristian:

From what you wrote, are you in any way insinuating that we the yoruba moslems are condemned to eternal servitude to the fulani Sultanate? Are you saying we the yoruba moslems will never get to sight the moon until the end of time? Why can't we have a Sultanate that alternates between North and South? So as to promote religious character and give we the yoruba moslems a sense of belonging, we are already tired of fulani dominance but we are too scared to engage them so they don't slaughter us like beef cattle. Who can come to our rescue and save we the yoruba moslems? Egbami oo!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by TimiofEde: 8:25am On Aug 02, 2023
bjdon:

The whole situation of the Sultan being the 'Head' of Muslims in Nigeria was done by the British. There's no historical reason for this, as it was not the Sokoto Caliphate that brought Islam to the SW. Yoruba Muslims need to stand up and demand equality.

Exactly my point but we the yoruba moslems are too scared to demand for equality, we'd rather project our insecurities and chronic low self esteem on the peaceful great Igbos just to impress our fulani masters that we are serving them very loyally.

We the yoruba moslems are the reason why the fulanis disrespect the South, we are actually the weak link of the South but even after everything we do for our fulani overlords they still won't allow us sight moon or lead prayers in the mosque, egbami, who will come to our rescue and save we the yoruba moslems?

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by Truthday: 8:29am On Aug 02, 2023
TimiofEde:

Exactly my point but we the yoruba moslems are too scared to demand for equality, we'd rather project our insecurities and chronic low self esteem on the peaceful great Igbos just to impress our fulani masters that we are serving them very loyally.

We the yoruba moslems are the reason why the fulanis disrespect the South, we are actually the weak link of the South but even after everything we do for our fulani overlords they still won't allow us sight moon or lead prayers in the mosque, egbami, who will come to our rescue and save we the yoruba moslems?

Why hasn't any igbo become pope are they Roman slave ??
Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by INDOMIE9090(f): 8:31am On Aug 02, 2023
The election loss really dealt with the OSU plgs from that curse region grin
All thanks to yoruba Muslims and Christians in Ekiti and ondo foor treating pIgs F UP
2031,power returns back to north grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by AntiChristian: 8:32am On Aug 02, 2023
TimiofEde:

From what you wrote, are you in any way insinuating that we the yoruba moslems are condemned to eternal servitude to the fulani Sultanate?
Knowledge should precede speech. Do you really know what you are saying or fighting for? Anyone, whether Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba, Ijaw, etc can see the moon and report to the moon sighting committee. The committee verifies ... and reports to the Sultan who makes the announcement!

The Fulani Sultanate is not a democratic one! It is not tribal but Islamic! The Sultanate is even majorly apolitical. So how do you intend creating your own Sultanate in the same country?

Are you saying we the yoruba moslems will never get to sight the moon until the end of time?
We have been sighting the moon! Read again above! The sighting must be universal in Nigeria! Yoruba Muslim is same as any other Muslim! We are different only by how much we fear Allah and worship him sincerely!

Why can't we have a Sultanate that alternates between North and South? So as to promote religious character and give we the yoruba moslems a sense of belonging, we are already tired of fulani dominance but we are too scared to engage them so they don't slaughter us like beef cattle. Who can come to our rescue and save we the yoruba moslems? Egbami oo!

The Sultanate is not democracy! And Democracy is anti-Islam. During the time of the Prophet, anyone can see the moon and report to the prophet! Stop being tribalistic! This is a trait of Jahiliyah (time of ignorance before the advent of Islam) where tribes/clanship is promoted. Islam has cancelled this!
Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by freeborn02: 8:40am On Aug 02, 2023
TimiofEde:
I'm a proud yoruba moslem from Osun but I keep wondering why we the yoruba moslems continue to play second fiddle to the fulani.

It's not as if fulanis brought Islam to yoruba land but what I don't understand is why I can't break my fast until the fulani sultan orders to do so, I also don't understand why a yoruba moslem cannot lead prayers in a fulani dominated mosque. Are we truly a conquered people? Why are we always inferior to the fulanis?

Could this inferiority complex be the reason why the gambari emir of ilorin banned us from practicing our culture in our own land?

Sometimes I feel ashamed of identifying as a yoruba man because it's so shameful how we kow-tow to the fulani and worship at their feet. Are we truly a tribe of conquered cowards?

Just look at how the fulanis slaughter us in Lagos, oyo and ogun at the slightest provocation and even push our people to become refugees in Benin Republic.

I would like NL members to proffer a lasting solution to this fiasco because it's become such an embarrassment to us as a people.

Cc
Helinues
FreeStuffsNG
Madridguy
Yarimo
Afamed

How do we solve the issue of fulani dominance over us as a people? Can we actually have our own sultan to dictate our affairs as yoruba moslems?

You are not seen as an original Moslem by northern Moslems.

There is discrimination among you, yet, you call your religion the religion for the whole world. Interesting.

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by INDOMIE9090(f): 8:49am On Aug 02, 2023
freeborn02:

You are not seen as an original Moslem by northern Moslems.

There is discrimination among you, yet, you call your religion the religion for the whole world. Interesting.
you created a thread and use another acct to reply yourself.
Can you see how jobless you are?
Your fellow men are up this morning to go hustle but you dey here dey troll online.
I pity your life
Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by HausaIgboYoruba: 9:24am On Aug 02, 2023
TimiofEde:
I'm a proud yoruba moslem from Osun but I keep wondering why we the yoruba moslems continue to play second fiddle to the fulani.

It's not as if fulanis brought Islam to yoruba land but what I don't understand is why I can't break my fast until the fulani sultan orders to do so, I also don't understand why a yoruba moslem cannot lead prayers in a fulani dominated mosque. Are we truly a conquered people? Why are we always inferior to the fulanis?

Could this inferiority complex be the reason why the gambari emir of ilorin banned us from practicing our culture in our own land?

Sometimes I feel ashamed of identifying as a yoruba man because it's so shameful how we kow-tow to the fulani and worship at their feet. Are we truly a tribe of conquered cowards?

Just look at how the fulanis slaughter us in Lagos, oyo and ogun at the slightest provocation and even push our people to become refugees in Benin Republic.

I would like NL members to proffer a lasting solution to this fiasco because it's become such an embarrassment to us as a people.

Cc
Helinues
FreeStuffsNG
Madridguy
Yarimo
Afamed

How do we solve the issue of fulani dominance over us as a people? Can we actually have our own sultan to dictate our affairs as yoruba moslems?
Even Emir of Kano can't become Sultan of Sokoto. And why Can't a Nigerian become a Pope
Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by freeborn02: 9:53am On Aug 02, 2023
INDOMIE9090:
Your fellow men are up this morning to go hustle but you dey here dey troll online.
I pity your life

Is that what the fake jibril that told Mohammed to Bleep his son's wife reveal to you? grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by TimiofEde: 7:14pm On Aug 02, 2023
Godwin4444:
y don’t u ignore the idle Igbo

Only God knows how igbos find it easy to deny their forefathers

Small time they will claim Yoruba

I am a full blooded omoluabi and I'm next in line to the throne of Edeland. Stop saying what you don't know

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by TimiofEde: 9:55am On Aug 13, 2023
INDOMIE9090:
I pity your life

Is that the reason why we the yoruba moslems cannot become sultan and sight the moon? Yoruba ronu ooo!

1 Like

Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by omohayek: 9:59am On Aug 13, 2023
duro4chang:
You registered today and everything you are concerned about is Yoruba / Fulani , Yoruba/ibo. You are not Yoruba but a mischievous person
I would have thought that would have been obvious when the troll referred to "the great Igbos", as if any Yoruba person would ever say such a thing unprompted. The jobless buffoon wasn't even clever enough to choose a more plausible name than "Timi" to start masquerading as a "Yoruba Muslim", a particular combination of terms only hate-filled Igbo trolls ever use.

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't A Yoruba Muslim Become Sultan? by TimiofEde: 4:21pm On Aug 14, 2023
omohayek:

I would have thought that would have been obvious when the troll referred to "the great Igbos", as if any Yoruba person would ever say such a thing unprompted. The jobless buffoon wasn't even clever enough to choose a more plausible name than "Timi" to start masquerading as a "Yoruba Muslim", a particular combination of terms only hate-filled Igbo trolls ever use.

Sharap, I'm a proud son of Edeland, stop saying what you don't know my second class yoruba moslem brother

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Is The Ugliest Politician In Nigeria? / UN Rejected US/UK Sanction On Mugabe / Modern Pan-africanism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.