Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

This Is What I Think Need To Be Done About Visa Application - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / This Is What I Think Need To Be Done About Visa Application (526 Views)

Information About Visa To Portugal / What I Saw While Trying To Renew My Nigerian Passport / Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is What I Think Need To Be Done About Visa Application by flyinnizam(m): 2:26pm On Jul 30, 2023
I honestly think new laws should be created for these embassies in Nigeria busy rejecting Visa applications, to refund the applicants money. You don't want them in your country then return their application fee. With that they will think twice before rejecting applications. It's painful to be rejected more than twice and more painful with the money gone forever
Re: This Is What I Think Need To Be Done About Visa Application by ednut1(m): 2:36pm On Jul 30, 2023
flyinnizam:
I honestly think new laws should be created for these embassies in Nigeria busy rejecting Visa applications, to refund the applicants money. You don't want them in your country then return their application fee. With that they will think twice before rejecting applications. It's painful to be rejected more than twice and more painful with the money gone forever
does jamb refund money to those who didn’t get admission If there was no visa fee do you know how may applications they would be getting daily In summary no one forced you to apply 🙄

3 Likes

Re: This Is What I Think Need To Be Done About Visa Application by flyinnizam(m): 3:11pm On Jul 30, 2023
ednut1:
does jamb refund money to those who didn’t get admission If there was no visa fee do you know how may applications they would be getting daily In summary no one forced you to apply 🙄
u don't get the point. Jamb is fair enough, ur destiny is in ur hand. i am sure u have no idea how they trash visa application. it's now a thing of luck unlike jamb. and for ur info fee is not the reason why people avoids canada and sweden embassies.
Re: This Is What I Think Need To Be Done About Visa Application by Gerrard59(m): 3:51pm On Jul 30, 2023
flyinnizam:

A visa is a privilege, not a right. However, there are countries where the application fee is paid only after the visa has been issued. Japan is an example. However, if the applicant gets denied the visa, the applicant is ineligible to apply for any kind of visa for the next six months.

3 Likes

Re: This Is What I Think Need To Be Done About Visa Application by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:23pm On Jul 30, 2023
So the visa officials reviewing the applications wont be paid right. Nigeria also charges foreigners for visas and Nigeria denies a lot. Those foreigners arent paid back their money when denied.

1 Like

Re: This Is What I Think Need To Be Done About Visa Application by ednut1(m): 5:45pm On Jul 30, 2023
flyinnizam:
u don't get the point. Jamb is fair enough, ur destiny is in ur hand. i am sure u have no idea how they trash visa application. it's now a thing of luck unlike jamb. and for ur info fee is not the reason why people avoids canada and sweden embassies.
these places are visa free . Try them out

Re: This Is What I Think Need To Be Done About Visa Application by flyinnizam(m): 2:30pm On Jul 31, 2023
ednut1:
these places are visa free . Try them out
I know this. Nigeria better than almost all these countries. Nigerian Passport only better than syria, iraq, Afghanistan and a few
Re: This Is What I Think Need To Be Done About Visa Application by flyinnizam(m): 2:31pm On Jul 31, 2023
Gerrard59:

A visa is a privilege, not a right. However, there are countries where the application fee is paid only after the visa has been issued. Japan is an example. However, if the applicant gets denied the visa, the applicant is ineligible to apply for any kind of visa for the next six months.
this is better but Japan has the worst language system. one of the hardest to learn. harder than chinese/mandarin
Re: This Is What I Think Need To Be Done About Visa Application by flyinnizam(m): 2:37pm On Jul 31, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
So the visa officials reviewing the applications wont be paid right. Nigeria also charges foreigners for visas and Nigeria denies a lot. Those foreigners arent paid back their money when denied.
they will be paid by people that they granted besides not all country pay visa fee until being accepted. besides which country Nigeria they deny?
Re: This Is What I Think Need To Be Done About Visa Application by pansophist(m): 12:59am On Aug 01, 2023
Charity begins at home.

What the Nigerian government should do instead is make Nigeria good, so Nigerians won't waste money to go abroad, and those that will actually go will return.

Nigerian embassies also deny foreigners visas, and their application fees are not refunded. It is a fair game.

2 Likes

Re: This Is What I Think Need To Be Done About Visa Application by TWoods(m): 2:21am On Aug 01, 2023
flyinnizam:

Visa applicants, including children, are required to pay a non-refundable, non-transferable visa application fee, sometimes referred to as the MRV fee, before applying for a nonimmigrant visa. The visa application fee must be paid whether a visa is issued or not.

These are the first lines on the website of the US consulate in Nigeria. Your choice is to decide whether to waste your money or not.

2 Likes

Re: This Is What I Think Need To Be Done About Visa Application by Robertgreene1(m): 2:53pm On Aug 01, 2023
Do you know that with just 1.9 million naira... that you can live and work in Kuwait. Kuwait is one of the richest and safest countries in the world. So rich that the Kuwaiti dinar is the most valuable currency in the world. Infact, one Kuwaiti dinar equals 2510 naira!!!
Our agency will process your visa for you in less than a month. And we will secure you a job in Kuwait that pays over 300k per month...with feeding allowances...free accomodation and free transportation...
Mind you... you won't pay us a dime until your visa and everything is out...
Contact me on 09029541178
A trial will convince you...

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Go To Germany From UK? / Need Help Urgently - I'm Inviting A Friend From Canada / Traveling To Ph:::::::::::

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.